+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I seriously hate sub aquatic combat, I miss a lot because i'm not next to them, or they're a bit above/below me, and then there's this shitty thing when you're fighting a DE veteran, if you move them a little outside their patrolling area they become invulnerable and regen like 50% of their HP and continue to attack you 2 seconds later. I'm avoiding any aquatic event from now on.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If you know where their patrolling area is, don't move outside of it. People play underwater combat like they play land-based combat - on a 2D plane - and that's why they become frustrated with it. Swim up, aim your mouse down and back-dodge to move straight down. The patrolling area is a massive 360-degree sphere, not a circle like when above-ground. I've never had a problem with an underwater mob leashing and returning to spawn, because I make full use of the water (because I love underwater combat thanks to PVP). As for missing them, zoom out your view and save your "charge towards them" melee ability for times when you feel like you're too far past or beside them. If you're really having issues, stick to a ranged weapon if your character has one, although you're then crippling your underwater performance at any given time.

Back to complaints:

I agree that the "collect your shit" button shouldn't be the same as the "interact with everything" button. Trying to switch between collecting my goodie bags and working a trebuche or a ballista is annoying when I have to do a little jig around the siege because they placed the bags -INSIDE- of the objects themselves, patiently waiting until the icon goes from "use" to "search".

Hearing about all the post-50 blues makes me happy that I chose to succumb to my alt-itis and run through a mix of PVP and PVE. I've got 3 characters all around 30 and haven't touched a zone higher than the level 16-25 zones, and have around 13 gold, just from selling crap on the TP, murdering everything in PVP, and collecting lots of loot.

Speaking of which, its time for my ABYSS DYE~!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    The rest of your complaints sound like you just have a shitty internet connection/computer.
    Yuuuuup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    lol@getting lvl80 but not having fun. What were you expecting at lvl80 that kept you going for the other 79 levels?
    I felt I owed Anet a chance to redeem itself. I enjoyed GuildWars 1 and thought things might be different at the end.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Random Complaint Thread

If you're not having fun just quit for a while and try again in a few months, it's not like you're paying a subscription or anything.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is this the random complaint thread or the "your complaint is invalid because I disagree" thread?

Random complaint: Complete a map, get 2 Exotic weapons... can't use either. =-= ;;;

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I seriously hate sub aquatic combat, I miss a lot because i'm not next to them, or they're a bit above/below me, and then there's this shitty thing when you're fighting a DE veteran, if you move them a little outside their patrolling area they become invulnerable and regen like 50% of their HP and continue to attack you 2 seconds later. I'm avoiding any aquatic event from now on.
    I hate underwater combat in all video games. It always blows lol

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Game hasn't been a grind to me, been doing a little bit of everything and I've been enjoying every minute of it.

On to the legitimate complaints:

-If they are going to have auto-loot and talk to npcs be on the same button, MAKE IT SO YOU CAN'T INTERACT WITH NPCS DURING COMBAT. Holy shit it is so annoying when I'm trying to pick up loot while fighting trash mobs and I keep having dialogue cut off half my screen.

-WP Scaling with level is kinda stupid but minor annoyance, same goes with armor damage in WvW, you make enough money from doing anything in the game that it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience, they could definitely lower both though.

-Maps not being detailed enough. I've gotten used to them but they could definitely use more elevation detail.

-Should be an option to limit how many effects are on screen at once so I can actually see what's happening to a mob and also help with FPS in WvW.

-Ability to bind left control + another key for my utility skills. Right control works but not left control.

-They need to not make DEs that require collecting of items scale so harshly depending on how many people are there. 10 or more people in the same area and you're just sitting there waiting for respawns of the items or mobs and the event takes forever. Or keep it the way it is and make rewards scale up with number of people as well. Either way do something about it.

-Make people not be retarded in WvW. >_> All I can think of for now.

You can bind left ctrl. It may be just you broski (I changed my 6-0 buttons to c+1-5)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by sedna View Post
    Is this the random complaint thread or the "your complaint is invalid because I disagree" thread?

Random complaint: Complete a map, get 2 Exotic weapons... can't use either. =-= ;;;
    Hey, there's a lovely mod of the Star Wars Complaint thread that doesn't like complaining in it; maybe it applies here as well!

Complaint: Not being able to knock people off the edge with knockback moves, yet you can fear someone and have them run off the edge out of their control. I feel that you SHOULD be able to knock people off, especially in PVP, where it can become a strategy of careful positioning.

BG Level

Pretty sure you can. I remember doing it in beta RvR as ranger with longbow. Necro doesn't have a knockback so I can't test it out atm.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    How is it on me exactly? The "join" mechanic to play with friends who get stuck in the overflow server is still broken. Have you tried getting 3-4 friends in the same group on the same server? Bullshit. Joined a few different guilds. Everyone sits in silence periodically spouting "Is TP up yet?" and "How much is that worth?"
    You are obviously using the Join In mechanic wrong. You can only join into an overflow server, if your friends are on one and you are on the main server, they can't get to you. You have to go to them. There are easy ways to fix these things if you join a party and you arent all in the same server. Zoning into a city or another zone and then back to your original zone should push you all into the same server. The game prioritizes party members into the same server and will queue the entire group for the main server together. This also goes for WvW queues. If your group is "together" on the same map and you both queue for WvW you queue as a group. If your party is on separate maps and queue for WvW you will queue separately.

As for your guild issue, well... guild chat in smaller guilds is always up and down. Especially in guilds who use vent/mumble regularly. If you join one of those guilds, make sure you go and check the MOTD or their website for their voice chat information.

To be honest, most of the things you are complaining about are on you entirely. The buggy mission content however is not. We need to give them a bit of time to fix a lot of that stuff. Everynight their status update has had bug fixes for 2-3+ story missions. Now if they could only fix some of the bugged events (I am looking at you Messenger Lady in Fields of Ruin who hasn't moved in a week.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Complaint: Not being able to knock people off the edge with knockback moves, yet you can fear someone and have them run off the edge out of their control. I feel that you SHOULD be able to knock people off, especially in PVP, where it can become a strategy of careful positioning.
    You can knock people off 100%. It is one of the most useful things to do while controlling a node in sPvP (Clocktower for example.) In WvW you can do it as well, but its a little trickier. Considering the ramparts of the keeps have a "lip" that prevents knockoffs 90% of the time. It does also seem like you can not knock someone off a cliff that will immediately kill them, but that is only speculation on my part.

BG Level

Yeah I've noticed if there's even the smallest of rocks, any knockback will get stopped right in it's tracks.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    Yuuuuup.
    Don't know what the problem is then because none of the lag issues have been constant maybe once or twice a night for like 30 minute intervals, and that's being generous.

I felt I owed Anet a chance to redeem itself. I enjoyed GuildWars 1 and thought things might be different at the end.
    They stated multiple times that nothing changes at 80 except access to best gear, access to all dungeons and less renown hearts + more dynamic events so I don't know why you would think that.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Hey, there's a lovely mod of the Star Wars Complaint thread that doesn't like complaining in it; maybe it applies here as well!
    Chickenshit enough to try to call me out but can't name me directly? Especially when you tried to accuse me of the same thing the last time?

There's a difference between complaints and being a rabid, stunning cunt to other people in the thread. And if you want round 2 of what resulted from it, I'm more than happy to oblige. After all, you were stupid enough to play chicken with the banhammer the last time.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

Thinking he was pointing out me telling him to quit. None of his shit was originally posted here though. And if he thinks it's "the worst game ever" that's fine. Valid complaints or not, if he feels that way he should take a break and come back to it later.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While he was pointing it out to you, he was trying to take a jab at my expense (hence the lovely mod of the Star Wars complaint thread).

I too have zero problem with complaints (although hyperbolic criticism gets you the ಠ_ಠ real quick). It's when you start escalating it, blow off a mod telling all parties to cool it or else, and then proceed to tell him in PMs with a longwinded "DO IT FAGGOT"... Well, I can't help you there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Yeah I've noticed if there's even the smallest of rocks, any knockback will get stopped right in it's tracks.
    That must be it; I've knocked people off of keep towers, but not off of cliffs. They'd always go into the fall animation, but stop at the edge of the hill or cliff, especially if there's a rounded edge on the cliff. I'd just given up on doing it, and used the knock back as an interrupt.

Not you, Eanae; you're fine. Blackrose knows its him, and I'm certainly not too "chickenshit" enough to call you out; I just didn't want you to destroy another forum section with your over-zealousness. Nice double, by the way, and nice job modding over there. Its such a jumping forum at this point; you certainly helped to promote active posting and discussion. Coulda sworn "faggot" was banned outside of the Spam thread as well. Geez, such power you have!

Fortunately, the GW2 threads will thrive regardless of your presence.

User was infracted for this post.

BG Level

Nobody cares faggots.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Thinking he was pointing out me telling him to quit. None of his shit was originally posted here though. And if he thinks it's "the worst game ever" that's fine. Valid complaints or not, if he feels that way he should take a break and come back to it later.
    He gave me an awesome troll quote to use for the random complaint thread title though lol.

anyways... I hate to be that person, but lets not devolve this thread into name calling and complaining about what happened in other forum sections. but all bitching back and fourth about GW2, in this thread, is fine by me lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Good job Katlan, you just totally killed all of the active and productive discussion in this subforum.

To actually get back on topic, TP is down again. So much for an afternoon of working on tradeskills. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Arah chain still broken?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

If you go to the Arah gate and there's no fortifications but the gate is still open, it's broken. We got one run of it after the reset last night before broke. That one run gave about 6000 karma too... Shit needs to be fixed.