+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So me and a friend picked apart that article that Gokulo posted above point for point in the comments section and showed why everything in it is wrong. Instead of coming up with a rational defense to his fear-mongering he just deleted our posts. Classy. I personally love the person that asked for cited sources on his information and his response to the guy was "Google it." Herp Derp.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That's because you were expecting credibility out of lolMMORPG.com

Jesus Christ, people can't even seem to wrap their heads around Difficulty 10. Wiped 4 times to Old Fucking Tom, then wiped some more to the last boss of Volcano. What the actual fuck?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Agony is no joke broham. It really separates good and bad players unlike anything else in the game. Shit you never really had to worry about getting hit by before now does insane damage to you if you don't avoid it.

Yeah, and I don't even recall there being any agony on Old Tom. People were just derpin' the tears and fan. At least I snagged a ring from the daily though, once I finally got it done

Thats because agony is final bosses only.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Really? Tom? Just get people to use projectile reflect already, I don't even bother dodging anymore since I'm Ele using focus.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Really? Tom? Just get people to use projectile reflect already, I don't even bother dodging anymore since I'm Ele using focus.
    If your time your reflect right, the little lightning orb shot he does will do 10-15k damage back to him.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I actually think the opposite and really hope they add a karka fractal at some point. They're the most interesting mobs to fight in the game imo, I hate how faceroll half the content feels and these mobs actually make you think, learn specific tactics to fight them, etc. The Lost Shores content actually got me 100x more hype for future updates than I was expecting, because I'm hoping they'll add comparably hard stuff if not harder.
    Fair enough, I think that event might have just left a bad taste in my mouth like a lot of people. Also I love that fractal even more at 10+ since harpy knockback is hilarious.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    I laugh when people complain about groups taking 15 to 20 minutes to make.
    This, a thousand times. Folks complaining about GW2 clearly never logged in to FFXI. Or at least they never played DRK. :D

The entire party's game crashing at the same time as soon as we are about to do the final stage in a fractal run. fuuuu

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

The range attack Kraka have. I know I can reflect it, but I can't see a pattern/warning other than them opening with it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's pretty much the only time you should see it really. They don't live long enough after the initial reflection to do it again

BG Level

Good point. I think I only seen them use it twice in a fight when I was trying to get another mob off me.

Now if only the shell drop rate was a tad more generous...

Hi Landeyda,
    Thanks for taking the time to post your questions. Mike O will respond to the top question and I will respond to the bottom section.
    Ascended Gear is designed to fill the 'Time' gap in regard to the distance between exotic and Legendary in terms of progression and in retrospect would have been better to have been rolled out pre launch.
    I would also like add that we have never said there would be no vertical progression. We do intent to focus on horizontal but we will have vertical progression moving forward with the focus on zero grind and a very low power curve.
    Please understand that we see the community as a 'whole' and therefore are not intending to design again for one specific type of player over another. This is a misconception and one that is not promoted by the team. We will continue to develop the game for the community as a whole offering game play that caters to lots of different types of players in a unified approach that will evolve over time based on feedback and the direction the team as a whole wants to take.
    chris
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ld_wars_2_ama/

BG Level

I'm crap at MMO terms, so what's the difference between horizontal/vertical progression?

Horizontal = sidegrades. FFXI-style progression. Vertical = Increasing stat gains.

Edit: I also can't find anywhere where ANet said that there would be no vertical stat gains, so I believe this quite a bit. The only thing I've found is ANet saying that the barrier of entry for "endgame" ie: explorables would be very low. Considering I'm running AC Exp with a level 35 player, I can safely say that this is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Horizontal = sidegrades. FFXI-style progression. Vertical = Increasing stat gains.

Edit: I also can't find anywhere where ANet said that there would be no vertical stat gains, so I believe this quite a bit. The only thing I've found is ANet saying that the barrier of entry for "endgame" ie: explorables would be very low. Considering I'm running AC Exp with a level 35 player, I can safely say that this is 100% true.
    FFXI style progression is def Vertical. not horizontal.

The ascended gear progression system is fine EXCEPT for the fact the rings are fucking RNG to get, and then another RNG to get the proper stats you want. What the fuck were they thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    The ascended gear progression system is fine EXCEPT for the fact the rings are fucking RNG to get, and then another RNG to get the proper stats you want. What the fuck were they thinking.
    Huge except there! The fact that they are and will add stronger gear than ascended eventually. I do not like