BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    FFXI style progression is def Vertical. not horizontal.
    XI had both I'd say.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Happily wearing exotics, never even been in a fractal. Sucks to be you suckas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Happily wearing exotics, never even been in a fractal. Sucks to be you suckas.
    Thankfully fractals are the best PVE content to ever exist in any MMO ever.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    XI had both I'd say.
    Yeah. Something like a Byakko's Haidate was vertical, something like... say... myochin haidate -> myochin haidate +1 = horizontal.

AMA Highlights:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...ng-highlights/

In particular I like the fact that they are looking at mat requirements and that there will not be anything above Ascended for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    AMA Highlights:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...ng-highlights/

In particular I like the fact that they are looking at mat requirements and that there will not be anything above Ascended for the forseeable future.
    Whats cool is that instead of adding new tier is that you will be able to improve stats or skills on gear through content.

Does anyone actually think agony is a good mechanic that actually makes anything more challenging? Does anyone think it adds challenge AT ALL? Agony 10-19 is a fun mechanic, but once you pick up >>ONE<< item with agony resist, you can basically pretend agony doesn't exist and it's barely harder than 1-9, then once you get two agony resist items, 10-19 is as easy as 1-9. It adds no difficulty at all, it's artificial difficulty and a stupid gear check that relies on RNG drops to get over it. How is that difficult AT ALL or fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Does anyone actually think agony is a good mechanic that actually makes anything more challenging? Does anyone think it adds challenge AT ALL? Agony 10-19 is a fun mechanic, but once you pick up >>ONE<< item with agony resist, you can basically pretend agony doesn't exist and it's barely harder than 1-9, then once you get two agony resist items, 10-19 is as easy as 1-9. It adds no difficulty at all, it's artificial difficulty and a stupid gear check that relies on RNG drops to get over it. How is that difficult AT ALL or fun?
    ^ This is exactly what it is. Its not a great mechanic but its one that can be very versatile going forward, where they can force you to seek new gear to tackle new content lol. Not sure if its a good move for anet. As infusions can come in many different forms and not just agony resists going forward. Hence in a year or two mass amounts of side grade gear sets made for specific contents. If they are going to do this they need to not make infusable gear so hard to obtain, if its going to be so widespread of a mechanic.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anything, like Agony, is usually a way to space out content so it's not completely rushed/consumed by the entire community. It also makes getting the items to combat it seem like they are worth more, so you're usually more excited to get them. Maybe they plan on the highest tiers of Fractals to be really cool or difficult even with Agony, but aside from just a fun dungeon, I'm not really seeing that so far.

I'm also glad they are looking into item requirements, for Mystic Forge. It's really out of balance with what I think most of the population's play time is. Triforce Pendant is a pretty good example of an item who's production cost is completely out of touch with it's stat values. It'd be one thing if it shot rainbows, or any visual effect period, but it doesn't.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mjollnir, Endless Light, etc. are all absolutely ridiculous in cost. They cost more than a bloody Legendary. Hopefully they look at all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Mjollnir, Endless Light, etc. are all absolutely ridiculous in cost. They cost more than a bloody Legendary. Hopefully they look at all of those.
    This. In fact, Infinite Light should have been the model for the legendary sword, imo. Definitely my favorite sword model by a large margin. Would be fantastic if they reduced the mats for it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

All i read on that AMA is "wahhhh why add something else to the game that means i have to do an hours work per day?!" honest to fucking god, its not hard to get ascended items if you play casually, christ i've gotten 3 ascended rings from the daily so far. if people spent more time in the game achieving what they waste 5hrs a day moaning about on forums they'd have it already.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    All i read on that AMA is "wahhhh why add something else to the game that means i have to do an hours work per day?!" honest to fucking god, its not hard to get ascended items if you play casually, christ i've gotten 3 ascended rings from the daily so far. if people spent more time in the game achieving what they waste 5hrs a day moaning about on forums they'd have it already.
    I'm on level 2, would be level 3 but the tentacle boss bugged on me. I go straight into WvW every day because that's what I enjoy. I don't care if they add more things to do, just when they do add them... add them equally. Putting that shit only in dungeons is fucking stupid.

your talking about a stat difference of maybe 4-10 points, it is no where near as effective as siege weaponry in wvw. you know why its put in dungeons, because agony, the whole mechanic that the infusion slot revolves around is in a dungeon. If they add agony to the champion mobs in wvw then maybe there's an issue.

Siege is boring as fuck and I like killing people 2vs6 in WVW, not spamming2 in siege.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As a necro, if you were to buy the new stat allocation jewelry (prec/tough/cond), you would have a difference of:
    11 condition damage per ring if you bought the exotics for the new stat allocation, which last I checked were about 8-10g each and the recipe is BoP from dungeons, as well as the ability to have precision/toughness/condition damage in the upgrade slot.
    4/4/6 difference on the back piece if you buy the *yellow* version of what you want off the TP (don't see exotics for the one I want), and that's only counting the main stats. The real bonus comes in on the "upgrade," makes the backpiece a difference of 25 condition damage alone.

Correct me if my glancing was wrong, but that's 47 condition damage or almost 5 extra trait points for condition damage alone. I'm not even factoring in the toughness or precision really, which are just as good for necro.

The difference is huge.

Edit: Also just want to say, unless you have superior arrow carts, normal arrow carts are completely terrible and I'd do way more damage just running around hitting people. Ballista's do pretty ok damage but are foiled by the crazy tactic known as strafing. Get them in a choke point and you'll do a lot of damage, yeah, but controlling the enemies will do more damage than the ballista itself. And no, I'm not joking, the ballista does nothing to stop people from running straight up (while dodging your shots) to it and wailing on either you or it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

That 4-10 toughness is gonna let me live through your army of siege weaponry like never before. I agree it was a silly idea to only add it to a single place right now, rather than making it attainable through other means. But the people complaining about the insignificant stat difference are literally pants on head retarded. Also using a shitty once a day RNG system when there's a metric fuckton of different rings available is the dumbest shit in the world, especially when they've used a vastly superior token system until now. I'd happily pay 1-2k fractal tokens for a ring but that's not an option. I have to run this shit at least once a day, pray a ring drops and then hope the stats aren't absolute garbage for me. Worse yet, until this shit actually happens it completely impedes my progress. What kind of moron thought that's a good design decision?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    That 4-10 toughness is gonna let me live through your army of siege weaponry like never before.
    47 Condition damage would bring my current spec's bleeds from 85 (without buffs) to about 92 (I'm guessing). Maybe more/less depending on what thresholds I pass, undead runes + condition damage doesn't have decimals. That is a big difference, especially because of the way the damage itself works.

edit: also I'm not saying you're wrong about toughness. I don't think 47 more toughness or vitality (except maybe for ele or thief, that should be a lot of hp) will make that much of a difference given the way it works, but condition damage (mainly bleeds) most definitely would.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You're aware one of the reason for adding sPvP is to make sure pvp players don't have to grind to make a difference in pvp. Hell the only reason I had fun in WvW was when I was effortlessly destroying mobs of under geared fools leveling in wvw. Don't want to grind, go play sPvP.

SPVP is the worst content this game has to offer and by far the most boring. Also yes, the way to get rings is probably the worst design decision ever, how do you literally de-evolve from a token based reward system to a RNG system on top of RNG? That's like DOUBLE de-evolition, from one of the best systems to a the worst possible type of systems.