FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You're so passionate about this game, Shiyo!

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    Edit: Also just want to say, unless you have superior arrow carts, normal arrow carts are completely terrible and I'd do way more damage just running around hitting people. Ballista's do pretty ok damage but are foiled by the crazy tactic known as strafing. Get them in a choke point and you'll do a lot of damage, yeah, but controlling the enemies will do more damage than the ballista itself. And no, I'm not joking, the ballista does nothing to stop people from running straight up (while dodging your shots) to it and wailing on either you or it.
    Just a big resounding no to every bit of this. Normal arrow carts do 900 aoe damage a second and assuming you have multiple ballistas around, which you should, strafing isn't helping anybody when the shots are coming for every angle imaginable. The difference between a dude in wvw, and a dude in wvw on some siege is worlds apart.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No it really isn't. Though seeing as you're from maguuma it doesn't surprise me that you love your siege that much.

A ballista does nothing to stop a group that pushes. What stops a group that pushes are guardians, necromancers, warriors, mesmers, etc, aka you force them. The stationary group is what gets destroyed by ballistas. It takes 3 arrow carts for me to be worried about the damage I'm taking from them. I would much rather have 8 players and 2 people on ballistas than 10 people on ballistas. As a necro you can stack 25 stacks of bleeds by yourself, in wvw, if you use your abilities right. Then you epidemic and control their advances. Congrats, you're now a better use to the team than somebody sitting in the back clicking 1 every 2 seconds doing half your damage. As somebody who defends a lot of fucking supply camps, I can safely say that it is way more important and useful to have players to push than it is to have players to use siege. If you have 6 you want 1 at max on siege, if you have 10 you can spare 2, if you have 15 you can spare 3-4.

Regarding "inescapable" ballista damage, I have 25k hp, ballistas do about 5-6k damage. They also have travel time, thus strafing (or just keep moving), I'm not worried. There is only 2 situations in all of WvW where ballistas make or break a defense, that would be stonemist and hills keep lords room. But with both of those situations you have way more players than you have ballistas, as well as a bottleneck to make use of them.

Also, normal arrow carts do not do 900dps to a single target, they do 500-700 damage a hit and hit about once a second. Only time you will take 900 damage *a hit* is from superior arrow carts (1k-1.2k a hit usually). The useful part of arrow carts is they do not have a AoE cap.

BG Level

Reinforced shot (3) does 10k damage and pierces through bodies hitting anybody in the way. Ya'll should be sieging up your supply camps more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Reinforced shot (3) does 10k damage and pierces through bodies hitting anybody in the way. Ya'll should be sieging up your supply camps more.
    It has a 45 second cooldown or something retarded, and it still doesn't concern me, its once and I can heal most of that back. Or death shroud and fear the guy off the ballista immediately. We do siege up our supply camps, but we do it in moderation *insert pic of ramulot*. We don't put down siege for every single person because they are going to get steamrolled when facing any competent group. Just like how you'd never want an army of nothing but artillery, but you'd be fine with an army of infantry. WvW is all about control, not damage. Wish I could show you a picture of this SBI guild who runs around with 15+ charr hammer warriors. Siege barely even bothers them, if you're on any you'll be stunned till you die as soon as they get in range. That's how it typically goes for most competent groups, just less extreme.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You're so passionate about this game, Shiyo!
    You forget.. everything Shiyo says is a fact and it's not opinion based at all

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sorry Shiyo but sPvP is the only place you can accurately judge your own pvp ability. The "structured" part of it's title is as far as you need to look.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

With few exceptions, as a Mesmer I'm almost always far more useful not using siege. Same with the guardian I run with.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

sPvP is amazing fun when playing with people you know and can communicate with.

Sorry Shiyo but sPvP is the only place you can accurately judge your own pvp ability. The "structured" part of it's title is as far as you need to look
    Spvp is class, then spec/gear, teamwork, then individual skill based. So it's 50% class, 30% gear/spec, 15% teamwork then 5% indovidual skill.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lets see here....

• 8 Classes x
    • 5 Trait Trees x
    • 7 Weapons

= Balance and Skill? And here I thought Rift had it rough...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Spvp is class, then spec/gear, teamwork, then individual skill based. So it's 50% class, 30% gear/spec, 15% teamwork then 5% indovidual skill.
    That is far from the truth. How can you make these statements when you've probably done less then 10 tournaments?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Whilst she exaggerates a bit it's really not that far from the truth, there's a handful of classes that can compete on even footing and others that will constantly get rolled assuming each player is of equal or at least close skill level.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

how much does she pay you to do her PR

tol

lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    how much does she pay you to do her PR
    She's funding my Bolt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    She's funding my Bolt.
    good enough reason

BG Level

Shit, I spew wvw propaganda for my server and I don't get shit for my efforts. I should try and slip benefits into my next contract.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pretend you have tits and be sure to be as detailed as possible in your opinion-as-fact shit spewing, and that contract will be picked up in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Belragga View Post
    That is far from the truth. How can you make these statements when you've probably done less then 10 tournaments?
    It is the truth, go do tournaments as 5 glass cannon ele's and come back and tell me how far you make it. Or 5 pistol/pistol thfs, or 5 glass cannon axe/dagger necros, or 5 dagger/pistol thfs, or a combination of any of these specs in 5v5 against people running FOTM specs/classes.