+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So you're saying Spvp takes no skill, because you can't pick any dumb shit spec and team composition? I don't know what to say to that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No, Shiyo said skill comes last, after all other things she's considered.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah you're twisting what she's saying just because of the (admittedly terrible) way she presents her argument. Your class/spec and teamwork/communication are all far more important than individual player skill. I can already tell you agree just from your last post too.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The only important factor is the size of ones pantaloons.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My point was the class combos used in her argument were completely unrealistic. Of course your team needs class synergy but it's not nearly as bad as you describe. Every class has a role in sPvP even the rng you say is useless can be amazing with a good trap build. So no I don't agree with her statement about it being entirely based on class composition and even if it was your skill would become more of a factor because you'd be playing mirror matches all the time.

Forgot to mention, the traits. Admittedly most classes only have 2 or 3 viable specs but since when has any pvp game let you pick whatever derpy build you want?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

wtf is up with WvW? Found a group of people on the side of a hill which made them invulnerable so they would attack a camp then run to that point if anyone came to stop them. Got 2 shotted by someone who was running away from me then finished me off without a cast time. THEN this thf that killed a group of 6 solo, being stealthed 100% of the time and finishing off people while running around...
    Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    wtf is up with WvW? Found a group of people on the side of a hill which made them invulnerable so they would attack a camp then run to that point if anyone came to stop them. Got 2 shotted by someone who was running away from me then finished me off without a cast time. THEN this thf that killed a group of 6 solo, being stealthed 100% of the time and finishing off people while running around...
    Invulnerable spots are a side effect of the spawn area, where they get the defiant buff or whatever it's called. There's some areas you can stand below the cliffs that still give you the buff. I don't go to EB much so I don't know what spot you're talking about exactly, but if it was near their spawn then that's definitely one of those situations.

edit: read the running away stomp bit wrong

Was that 2 shot guy a warrior, thief, or a mesmer by chance? Any of those can definitely just turn around and destroy you if you're not tanky enough. They all have quickness as well which would cause the instastomp anomaly.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The perma-invis thf, I speculate, would be someone who's spec'd for max stealth, knows all his cooldowns by heart, the terrain and is abusing the fact that rendering time effectively makes you stealthed longer than its supposed to. A counter for this is to tab target like hell when you know/suspect he's around. Likely he would be glass cannon for hit & run shit like that so would drop like a sack of hammers if you catch him by targeting him while he's stealthed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    Invulnerable spots are a side effect of the spawn area, where they get the defiant buff or whatever it's called. There's some areas you can stand below the cliffs that still give you the buff. I don't go to EB much so I don't know what spot you're talking about exactly, but if it was near their spawn then that's definitely one of those situations.

edit: read the running away stomp bit wrong

Was that 2 shot guy a warrior, thief, or a mesmer by chance? Any of those can definitely just turn around and destroy you if you're not tanky enough. They all have quickness as well which would cause the instastomp anomaly.
    Whatever class has Eviscerate. And as far as the thf goes it was just flat ground, nothing to hide behind and it's not like she was running away just popped from 1 target to the next as soon as she killed someone. 1 v 1 sure i assume thf can be invised for a while but she stayed invised the entire time to kill 6 people 1 by 1

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yes, GW2 Designers/Dev's continue the brain dead mechanic of ~permanent stealth and high burst damage. I am convinced nobody knows what to do or cares about it and puts it in simply because it's nigh expected that class to be in every game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Lover was down to 119g a few days ago and i hesitated purchasing. Now it's up to 190g.

THF literally makes PVP unplayable and negative fun.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I honestly don't mind them in sPvP, they can eat dicks in WvW though.

BG Level

I don't really care if I get ganked by some thf in wvw, whatever. But their ability to prevent control point capture for as long as they don't fuck up bothers me. It's pretty basic design to not allow stealth classes to capture/prevent capture in a control point game. That's like babies first game shit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

They said they're fixing that next patch (or last patch...? idk) actually. Invisible or invuln chars won't be able to block or capture areas.

BG Level

2 motherfuckin' months later.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Whatever class has Eviscerate. And as far as the thf goes it was just flat ground, nothing to hide behind and it's not like she was running away just popped from 1 target to the next as soon as she killed someone. 1 v 1 sure i assume thf can be invised for a while but she stayed invised the entire time to kill 6 people 1 by 1
    Yeah, warrior has eviscerate, does insane damage. Be glad you got killed by that and not the warrior popping quickness and hitting you with axe autoattack 5 times.... feels so bad mang.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Not being able to preview gear through the Trading Post until you buy it.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

relog solved that problem for me

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I meant being able to right click on something to preview it. I know it's nitpicking, but dang it'd be nice to know what something looked like before I bought it.