Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

aah, yeah I agree ;|

Not my complaint, my guild group are currently running d10 fractals for rings so we can progress quickly from 12+ but its only myself & another that keep getting the rings, i've gotten 4 so far. they really need to fix the system for the rings because its impeding my groups progress especially when most of them have minimal playtime.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The fact that it's RNG to even get a ring isn't even the worst part, the fact that I have no way of getting the stats I want without succumbing to another, even more severe RNG roll is what really pisses in my cornflakes. Why can't I trade in my ascended ring for one that I actually give a fuck about? Or better yet, let me just trade some of my 8945734 relics for some!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The fact that it's RNG to even get a ring isn't even the worst part, the fact that I have no way of getting the stats I want without succumbing to another, even more severe RNG roll is what really pisses in my cornflakes. Why can't I trade in my ascended ring for one that I actually give a fuck about? Or better yet, let me just trade some of my 8945734 relics for some!
    agreed, they completely fucked up w/ ascended acquisition. they basically went to the good ol super korean grind method of RNG ontop of RNG instead of the western progression of a token based system. and then getting the ring you want w/the stats you want is only 1/2 of the battle since you then have to drop a few hundred gold ontop of it aswell

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Even worse is the fact that they did use a token system until now. Makes no sense for them to swap to this setup though. It's not rings that require you to drop shitloads of gold on em though, just backs. The infused rings are from higher levels rather than mystic forged.

The fact it costs 406406 gold for +5 stats is fucking retarded(infusion slot gem thing).
    Even worse is the fact that they did use a token system until now. Makes no sense for them to swap to this setup though.
    It literally makes no sense to go from a token system and COMPLETELY DE-EVOLVE 10 YEARS OF MMORPG EVOLUTION back to RNG on top of RNG drops, like WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

As far as loot/gear is concerned, this entire patch is a gigantic fucking failure. They added grinds that would make korean play to win MMO players go "WHAT?" for such a minnor stat increase. If they are going to be fucking retarded and constantly add ascended gear, but make it cost 8 billion gold/infinite grinding for +5 stats, then I'd rather they just copy wow's shitty model of new tier of gear that completely obsoletes all other gear every content patch. At least I don't have to grind for an entire century to get the best gear ~_~

The other ways to obtain the gear, via crafting, karma, WVW, dungeons etc is GOING to have to be as equally grindy, or no one will attempt to do Fractals at all, so either they fix this retarded grind or they completely fuck over fractals. Since fractals is apparently their love child, I don't see them making shit easier to get, so have fun having to grind more than a chinese RMT does on a daily basis for +5 all stats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I think they have good intentions, they are just pushing content so fast that they don't give themselves a chance to really analyze how it would play out in practice. Instead, they push it live and see how it works in a live environment and then go back and change/fix it up to make it less retarded.

All ascended items have done is increase the gap from yellows to exotics and exotics to legendary's, thus in essence increasing the intended gap from exotics to ascended items. While the back pieces require money, they require a shit ton of t6 mats. You can argue that the increase in prices is due to less people playing (which is true, but not really the real issue), but when ascended items require 250 ecto's and 250 of others t6 materials, its going to increase the price of all of that stuff.

if you were to buy everything for a legendary I think the cheapest is around 700g now... the most expensive is twilight which is around 1200g now. That's retarded

They already said that Xmas will be a huge event and then January and February will also have huge content updates. I love the game, but they need to maybe slow down in content for a month and give themselves a chance to look at existing content and fix/modify it as necessary. Yeah, yeah, I know different teams work on different things, but slowly down a little will help them because a lot of stuff needs to be fixed. Stuff like arah chain always breaking should not be happening nearly 5 months after launch.

I love how they said that ppl who have been farming the first boss in arah and resetting, instead of doing the entire dungeon, have been exploiting. Do they even realize how terrible Arah is (lol)? It's not necessarily the difficulty, its the length of the paths on top of broken mechanics that makes it terrible. People aren't exploiting by farming the first boss only, they are doing the logical thing. Stuff like a 8 boss instance path is retarded.. Dwana isn't a skill or dps check (well it is to some degree) as much as it is a retarded orb mechanic fight and the fact that if you don't cheat it to some extent then you will never get her past the 50% auto hide mark.

I just really hope they go back and re-look at content and fix it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, nobody has to spend any money on infusion slots, let alone Ascended back pieces, but waiting for RNG can make it feel like you have to buy the latter, if you want to get into the 20s. Also, spending lots of money, for an ~ equivalent to legendarys is completely in line with what it currently takes to get a legendary, excluding RNG only rings. I hear Ascended weapons start dropping in the 30s, so take that grind into comparison, if you like.

I hear Ascended weapons start dropping in the 30s, so take that grind into comparison, if you like.
    They're skins, not weapons. They have no additional stats, and ascended items are not supposed to be as grindy as legendaries, what the fuck LOL. Anet literally said themselves ascended items are supposed to be BETWEEN LEGENDARIES AND EXOTICS IN GRIND.

tol

At least the option to trade rings within your fractal group within a set time (IE. 2h) would help alleviate the problem until they could set down much better system. I'd love to give some of these rings to my team since I seem to get the lion's share of them lately but was fortunate enough to get the exact rings i wanted very early..

What ascended weapons are you guys talking about? Fractal weapons drop from level 20 and are just exotic drops, not skins. There are no ascended weapons in the game yet.

tol

Well they are definitely exotic but they are kind of "just skins" because they have no stats (at least listed). They have weapon damage but no stats.

edit with a ss for clarification:

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah they're literally just there to be used as skins. Idk why they don't drop as an actual appliable skin but whatever, maybe they want people to pay gems for lv80 trans stones

Infraction for Shiyo: Slap da fuck up

Hopefully we'll see even more grinds that make korean pay to win grind MMO's look like casual games!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    They're skins, not weapons. They have no additional stats, and ascended items are not supposed to be as grindy as legendaries, what the fuck LOL. Anet literally said themselves ascended items are supposed to be BETWEEN LEGENDARIES AND EXOTICS IN GRIND.
    Was using terminology that a group that I ran with used as they'd seen them, but I was talking about the skins (what's a legendary but just a fancy/rare skin?). I thought they were pink, but it seems they are orange/exotic. So...for that one small mistake...

>_>;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My complaint today is a reoccurring one: p/d thief being fucking OP and bullshit

They get so much mileage out of 1 1 1 F1 5 1 1 1 etc

I'm beginning to think a necro can't kill an equally skilled p/d thief unless that thief really fucks up somehow (how can you fuck up that rotation?)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

Im getting a bit sick and tired of idiots in FOTM. I constantly get told on the iron giant/ ice ele one that it is impossible to do buckets and ranged damaged. I have zero issue running to do buckets and shooting the stupid thing the entire time.

Along with that, people who get so controlling over how to run each fractal when they are absolutely shitty at their job. Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong when I'm the only one still alive because I actually changed my skills around for the specific needs of the fractal and are not constantly dieing.....

One more thing. Why do people not change their skills around in fotm at all. It makes no sense on ones like the wisps, where stacking movement and condition removal make it cake.

tol

most people are awful at video games

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    most people are awful at video games
    Yes, I got into a fractal group and they all started talking about what weapons each person uses and what build etc, to decide if they can manage the run. I was like ummm don't you just swap around weapons and skills to accommodate each level as certain skills and weapon types are obviously better? Even swap skills/weapon before a certain boss or champion? The response was just use what weapon u are best and most comfortable with. I was like shouldn't that be all weapons? I guess I am one of few lol.

Also hating on how fractal is all about resetting the run until you get either the water level or forest first.

Also hating on how fractal is all about resetting the run until you get either the water level or forest first.
    what

LOL

Seriously, WHAT?

Oh my god, I am so glad I've never pugged fractals and never will, hahahaha what the FUCK?