BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Alolbont View Post
    Im getting a bit sick and tired of idiots in FOTM. I constantly get told on the iron giant/ ice ele one that it is impossible to do buckets and ranged damaged. I have zero issue running to do buckets and shooting the stupid thing the entire time.

Along with that, people who get so controlling over how to run each fractal when they are absolutely shitty at their job. Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong when I'm the only one still alive because I actually changed my skills around for the specific needs of the fractal and are not constantly dieing.....

One more thing. Why do people not change their skills around in fotm at all. It makes no sense on ones like the wisps, where stacking movement and condition removal make it cake.
    +1. I spent 2+ hours the other day trying to clear lvl17 with pugs, and kept getting fractals that they could absolutely not clear.

Cliffside: Would get to the seals that need to be run between, and they absolutely could not survive. Tried leaving 4 on one side, and I would get a charge and hit the other side and run back. They would eventually wipe.

Grawl: They could not stay alive at the last boss, I spent most of the time just rezing them. Apparently it is too hard to dodge the fire arrows or just strafe back and forth so that 90% of them miss. But eventually it would go into its shield and spawn a ton of lava elementals, and they would die and not even try rallying on low HP elementals, and I'd be left with ~6 elementals and the boss.

Honestly the worst classes were thieves and elementalists, they died so quickly so often that I almost want to refuse doing any other fractals with those classes. I understand that good players should be able to properly stay alive, but when dealing with PUGs the classes with naturally higher HP just seem to seem to be harder for them to screw up.

And my biggest gripe: No matter the circumstances, people yelling at you for not rezing them. Sure buddy, I'm at 1k health and my heals are down and you're surrounded by a bunch of vets, I'll come and charge over to rez you for the 10th time.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

PUG Thieves are the worst thing in the game. I have never ever ever done anything with a Thief other than myself and not been wanting to punch them through the computer screen.

What Takiwaki said about changing your skills/weapons before certain parts/bosses/fractals I do that even in regular dungeons, I don't understand how people do not see that as an option. It takes like 5 seconds.

Ok fractals has been out a few weeks and people should be getting to know what to expect, agony being the exception. Not switching weapons/traits/utilities at this point is fucking retarded. 10+ on rata sum harpies start to knock back. you take stability and reflection and send the damage back to them. if people are doing pugs their desperate, stupid or both and are going to lack the patience to wait for guildies to log in do it in a static. I don't get why people insist on rushing everything.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

For some its not about rushing its the fact that we dont have a guild with more then 2 people because everyone you meet in the game is horrible.

Maybe im just too bitter from the 8 years of ff11. I dont mind PUGs when they at least communicate their incompetence, but when you get shit that wont listen and or says you should bring a THF because we cant win with out one, then gets mad that the fire elementals keep killing them because they dont even attempt to target them, I want to rage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

they really need to test their shit before they push it. It's getting to the point where I get scared when they push patches. this patch complletely broke jumping and mesmer phantasms

Jumping is unresponsive and doesn't always respond and mesmer illusions now have a 2-3 sec delay when summoned before they atk (if they atk at all) and that delay carries over to every round of atks

This game is the most bugged game I've ever played in my entire life(been playing games since fucking duck hunt on NES when i was like 4). I've never played a game so buggy where I expect things to not work constantly, and they REALLY don't work. I play other games and I keep thinking in my mind shit is going to bug and not work, doors won't open, mobs won't spawn, bosses won't spawn, levels won't complete, etc. But these games never bug, ever, because they have actually a QA team. It's really fucking insane, especially at this point. Fucking 3-4 months in or w/e now and constant bugs, GAME BREAKING BUGS THAT COMPLETELY RUIN THE GAME.

New content being released bugged COMPLETELY blows my fucking mind. How do you consistently release new content that's bugged and DOESN'T WORK? Halloween event - tons of bugs, lost shores event - a bug on a fucking event that only lasted one day, 95% of people couldn't even do it LOL. Lost shores is also so bugged and untested, it's insane. Constant mobs spawning INVUL, inside walls, running in walls, floors that aren't solid(Fractal floor outside LA isn't solid either, your feet go through it),don't feel like typing more right now too tired, but yeah.

My brain is forever fucked, I'll never stop constantly thinking shit will bug out mid playing other games, how fucking insane is that?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Funny part is, they held back the Fractals d/c fix (for a week and a half or more) because they want to test it more and make sure it doesn't ruin anything, meanwhile they completely break jumping and supposedly mesmer abilities too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

mesmer is completely broken. nothing like summoning an iZerker to have it wait 2-3 seconds ontop of the mob before doing anything (meaning it dies 50%+ of time before getting one atk round off since its always summoned inside the mob).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Best part of the spaghetti code update was they broke the cooldowns for abilities on bandits, so they were spamming them. Instant 25 stack bleeds, perma-knock back, etc. That's a pretty odd thing to break.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ouch... sounds like me being stuck with finals until the 13th isn't a bad thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    Best part of the spaghetti code update was they broke the cooldowns for abilities on bandits, so they were spamming them. Instant 25 stack bleeds, perma-knock back, etc. That's a pretty odd thing to break.
    If your talking about CM then that's normal fare for that place, retarded as shit

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Er after the patches today I'm now randomly getting that gw2 has detected hardware failure "most likely caused by over heating cpus" or something like that. Temps are fine, gf got one once today too... new bug from the patch? D:

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Enemy thief bundles are cray now. If they steal a scepter, axe, or rifle may god have mercy on you.

I just logged on and tested everything, there's literally a .3 delay on phantasms(<<OH MY GOD!!>>), which doesn't do ANYTHING but zerker is now fixed for gsword mesmer because of this added .3 sec delay and there's no jump bug(my jumps work perfectly fine).

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    Enemy thief bundles are cray now. If they steal a scepter, axe, or rifle may god have mercy on you.
    I can't stop laughing imagining this, wish I wasn't too lazy to go see it for myself. Mesmer isn't as bad as I thought it'd be given your posts Katlan, but there's definitely a noticeable delay on... well, everything now. Not sure why they adjusted seemingly all of the phantasms as opposed to just reverting zerker to how it was, but whatever. Doesn't seem to make all that much difference overall.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I can't stop laughing imagining this, wish I wasn't too lazy to go see it for myself. Mesmer isn't as bad as I thought it'd be given your posts Katlan, but there's definitely a noticeable delay on... well, everything now. Not sure why they adjusted seemingly all of the phantasms as opposed to just reverting zerker to how it was, but whatever. Doesn't seem to make all that much difference overall.
    It's actually so broken it's not even frustrating, just funny. They perma-knockdown/stun with scepter or rifle now. Just one thief needed to stun lock you with rifle, sometimes needs two with scepter.

And the damage isn't even super high, the rifle knockdown took over a minute to kill me on Engineer, just getting knocked down into the same wall over, and over, and over...

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    and there's no jump bug(my jumps work perfectly fine).
    Because they patched it ...

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    This game is the most bugged game I've ever played in my entire life
    Yeah it's pretty amazing that we're still seeing events bug out. The sad part is you see people constantly shouting shit like "Is Arah still bugged", and nobody even knows because people have stopped trying it, specifically because it's bugged so consistently. Every game has it's flaw... they did really well on the design of the game, but it seems like GW2's flaw is going to be the fucking bugs. What sucks is it really does distract you from how well they did everything else, if you happen to come across one. Like back in barance FFXI days, new content always had miserable drop rates, petty hoop jumps to get to the fights themselves, & the travel speeds were all fucking slow as hell to the point that you wanted to shoot yourself in the face , but at least the game was playable the way those psychotic japs intended.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I am not defending them because stuff like Arah bugs should be a primary focus of theirs in fixing, though, on the other hand, w/ how complex the events are (I'm talking about the coding) I'm not surprised that there are some things that they just haven't been able to fix despite their best efforts. Somethings do make me wonder.. like Jofast has bugged out nearly every week (and also Arah), but Jofast and Arah usually work until around friday/saturday. However this week they supposedly fixed a bug w/ Jofast.. and yet on Crystal Desert Jofast bugged out on Tuesday (way sooner than it has in a looong time).

I know Anet is hiring, but they need to really beef up those teams and add more people to them, or stop pushing patches so frequently and just do the weekly reset, along creating a PTR so people can test stuff also. Granted I don't really know how often people would visit a PTR and do Orr events and stuff, but for major new content patches I think they should because they will get people for that stuff

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I am not defending them
    lol... nah. It's cool if you are! Obviously there's things we all like about GW2, or we wouldn't be playing it. I kind of see it as... they weren't ready for launch. From a business perspective it was advantageous to get the game rolling before it was 100% so they could get the revenue coming in, and then fix it as they went. Now that it's starting to get a bit of a negative reputation, it's advantageous for them to get all the bugs sorted, so hopefully they'll get moving on them. I guess we'll see.