BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    Like back in barance FFXI days, new content always had miserable drop rates, petty hoop jumps to get to the fights themselves, & the travel speeds were all fucking slow as hell to the point that you wanted to shoot yourself in the face , but at least the game was playable the way those psychotic japs intended.
    Are you really saying that everything in FFXI was bug free? Do you not recall the threads every single update "Stuff broken by update"? And there were major events broken throughout the game's history, even when stuff was brand new: Steam Cleaner not popping, Besieged ending in seconds, Absolute Virtue's buggy states, who knows if the original incarnation of Pandemonium Warden ever worked as intended. Not to mention the fact that XI events and missions only had a fraction of the complexity as the ones GW2 has. Also the cycle time on the GW2 updates has been at breakneck speeds compared to the updates FFXI had, while charging no monthly fees.

That all being said, I really wish Anet would put more priority on bug fixing, but they seem to want to really root cause the issues and strengthen the event scripting so that future events won't have the same pitfalls. At the very least when stuff was even buggier early on, they should have had periodic server resets just to temporarily fix events in bugged states.

No game is ever truly "ready for launch." There will always be more things that could be added, things that could be fixed, etc. It's a matter of getting it to a point where the major bugs and problems can be handwaved away by promising quick and efficient bug fixes. I would love to know where people got the expectation of a MMO where bugs are fixed immediately and nothing goes wrong, especially 4 months out of launch. I think it's really interesting to see a game like GW2 launch and develop over time. No other MMO that's released recently has had the chance to release several interesting updates as the updates either take way too long and there's not enough developer transparency (SWTOR) or we're waiting on updates from across the pond (Tera).

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    Are you really saying that everything in FFXI was bug free?
    Not exactly... I just like comparing GW2 to FFXI. It's one of the cool things about having a BG presence in GW2... sort of like a common bond we all share within our little community here, that most outsiders could never understand. Plus it's entertaining to me to read people's comments.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The bugs are annoying as fuck and things need some more balancing but:

A. GW2 doesn't have a sub so I can wait without feeling I'm being gypped.
    B. ANet seems to "get it" and fixes seem to be coming down the pipe.
    C. It's only been 3 months.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thieves.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Glitching into keeps and towers. They said they were gonna fix this shit. You can still jump right past the outer wall of east keep in the home borderlands, same with outer water gate at garrison, and bypass south west/north west towers gate/walls entirely. Fix your mother fucking terrain already.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fractal's are practically shut down tonight because there aren't any Overflows. GG Anet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It was kind of funny... in gw2lfg.com if you wrote that you were on overflow you were pretty much snapped out on the spot.

I'm glad they waited until everyone is completely burned out on fractals to fix the infinite boring grind that existed in them. SO USEFUL TO WAIT AN ENTIRE MONTH LATER AFTER NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ANYMORE.

Everyone who cared enough about fractals to do them or enjoyed doing them no longer wants to do them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Engineer got murdered. -30% damage on grenade primary attack and a straight -50% healing nerf on super elixir in no way make up for sigils on kits. Shit is appalling. Between the smoke bomb nerf, elixir gun nerf, and grenade nerf, everything engineer has is sub-standard. I guess I'll use flamethrower because it looks cool and hope people think I'm actually doing something useful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I'm glad they waited until everyone is completely burned out on fractals to fix the infinite boring grind that existed in them. SO USEFUL TO WAIT AN ENTIRE MONTH LATER AFTER NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ANYMORE.

Everyone who cared enough about fractals to do them or enjoyed doing them no longer wants to do them.
    Wow, just lol. "Everyone" eh?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I haven't started fractals yet ... so works for me.

Also ... I love being in an era of MMOs when content is "old" in a month.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

People that treat snowball mayhem as a free for all instead of team based event

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    I haven't started fractals yet ... so works for me.

Also ... I love being in an era of MMOs when content is "old" in a month.
    Depends who your talking to. They aren't old or boring for my static or anybody I talk to or know. Not even to a Grp of ppl I know who are on the max level ( level 50). But according to shiyo they must hate it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I only actually started bothering doing fractals again because of the patch today. Got my first ring too!

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Wow, just lol. "Everyone" eh?
    Are you seriously gonna try and pick a fight with her now that she's posting it in the correct thread? You're riding her dick harder than I do.

BG Level

I got nobody riding my dick at this particular moment. Any takers?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

let's make the furries all giddy with some charr on charr action

BG Level

It's a date.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Are you seriously gonna try and pick a fight with her now that she's posting it in the correct thread? You're riding her dick harder than I do.
    Considering the unmitigated shit constantly spewed from queen herps mouth, their response was pretty tame.