+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Tarban can die in a fire.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Why doesn't this game have a 'loot all' button....

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

They really need to buff wurm, shadow behemoth and maw. It's always a zerg fest at mega bosses, but at least the others last long enough for you to arrive and get your loot. Wurm is the worst. While jormag is the only interesting fight since it's multi phase and the rocket shit is kinda cool.

They shoulf just give the others more phases, invulnerabilities and maybe an occasional mass fear or two.

stability, feels good man

BG Level

Nigga, do you know who i is? Rocking that stab like it's nobody's business at teq and jorg. What i meant was, mass fear to get rid of the scrubs and let me tank that shit.

It would work for the same reason people still insist on standing on the legde on the right during jormag's last stage.

I agree that the scaling on wurm/behemoth/maw suck, they have next to no health for the amount of people that attend the event and wurm can be attacked before the event pops up which in turn means the potential of killing and not being rewarded with a chest.

People who shoot continually at jormag in p2 should be shot and banned.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I agree that the scaling on wurm/behemoth/maw suck, they have next to no health for the amount of people that attend the event and wurm can be attacked before the event pops up which in turn means the potential of killing and not being rewarded with a chest.

People who shoot continually at jormag in p2 should be shot and banned.
    Let them. More time for champion and mob spawns, for lewt.

BG Level

Agreed on them needing to do some alters for the current system. I like the idea, but the mass camping on some of the weaker ones makes it annoying to tag them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's ironic, really. Before the 'Dragon Chest' was implemented, you couldn't do the events because there was never enough people around to do them. Now that there are, they die so fast that, unless you pay attention when you camp those three, you easily miss your chance to get credit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wow, fuck Mystic Clovers....

I did 20 tries, of the 10 results recipe, and went 3/3 on clovers, then 0/17 and winded up with only 40g worth of mats back. Yes, I needed most of what I got back, from the MF, but if it wasn't for SAB, providing easy crystals, this would be complete horse shit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Wow, fuck Mystic Clovers....

I did 20 tries, of the 10 results recipe, and went 3/3 on clovers, then 0/17 and winded up with only 40g worth of mats back. Yes, I needed most of what I got back, from the MF, but if it wasn't for SAB, providing easy crystals, this would be complete horse shit.
    My attempts for clovers were very streaky, sometimes I would go 0/16 and other times 8/8, for an overall 29% success rate. For this reason I used the single recipe since it insures you against a short but nasty burst of bad luck.

Hope this helps - sorry that you had bad luck. I hated clovers - so much randomness. Using the single recipe helps to even it out.

Also, SAB gives easy crystals? Nobody told me! Brb going to try it now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    Also, SAB gives easy crystals? Nobody told me! Brb going to try it now.
    I do five characters, each day, and complete world 1-1 & 1-2, as well as digging in World 1-2, for 5 bubble baubles on each character. Crystals cost 1 bubble bauble each, so this gets you 25 crystals a day, but you can farm World 1-2 digging for however many you want a day by just exiting and entering.

3/22 now; RNG is for Product Developers that are too shitty to come up with something better.

BG Level

Eh, mystic clovers weren't that bad. It's the preq that is driving me up the damn wall.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They're seriously like the easiest part lol. If you needed to grind any part of it you probably don't play enough to warrant getting a legendary anyway. I got SP/karma in the process of doing everything else without even a second thought.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    If you needed to grind any part of it you probably don't play enough to warrant getting a legendary anyway. I got SP/karma in the process of doing everything else without even a second thought.
    Ya, no.

Farmed a Fractal Sword and Staff, The Anomaly, Vision of the Mists, Eye of Rodgart, The Fate of Menzies, Ilya, Ignus Fatuus, and Mirage, all made with my Mesmer, and then, Dusk dropped from the MF. After 22 attempts, I still have 138 gold, 1.4 million Karma, with 153 Jugs of Liquid Karma, 154/200 skills for the Blood Shard, and SAB is easy, if mind numbingly boring, crystal farming, so, no, resources are not the problem. The problem is that RNG/Luck is the lowest drudges of game design, and it brings immense frustration to most players.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sooo your complaint is that instead of the recipe requiring 231 clovers at 100% drop rate, it requires 77 clovers at a 33% drop rate?

Or they could just be too grindy in general.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Or they could implement a proper legendary acquisition system that's not based around RNG and gold.

It's too late now since the entire economy revolves around legendaries.

BG Level

Thank god for legendaries making farming rares and exotics profitable.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    The problem is that RNG/Luck is the lowest drudges of game design, and it brings immense frustration to most players.
    Agree with this, and I think many people who ever played FFXI would as well. The devs of that game use RNG droprates to turn it into a repetitive grind. GW2 is a bit better in that regard, but the clovers can still be pretty annoying and the precursor drop rate is definitely very annoying.

For the clovers, to even out the RNG you really should go for the single recipe, it's just going to give you a larger sample size which will be more apt to reflect the overall success rate of about 28-30%. The recipe for 10 at a time is less predictable since your overall number of attempts is going to be smaller - it's just a question of statistical power.

Drop rate data are here, btw: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover/Drop_rate