+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Raiding is for lazy devs to make the only challenging content require 24 other people, even though you can make equally as hard content for 5 players. That way they only need to design one instanced dungeon every 4-6 months instead of actually trying to make a MMO.
    Good lord I hope they don't go that route.

and yeah I know I can just put the game down until they add something but that doesnt change the point that updates for a portion of the game that a lot of people enjoy are coming a touch too slowly (for my tastes)
    They just added a 1 month long event with tons of cool stuff. Before this, they added an entire new zone of events. Southsun is incredible now and has really fun events that are actually challenging AND rewarding. Karka queen sucked horribly, canach sucked, and null sucked, but the zone is still fantastic. This isn't your generic WOW clone MMO, they are not only going to add raids/dungeons, when they added fractals people stopped going out in the world and stayed in lions arch 24/7 only zoning into a single dungeon. Not their design philosophy. They want people in the world, they will continue to add content like guild missions, and update the current dungeons, but the bulk of their content will be giant events getting people to go to every zone(like dragon bash is currently doing, AND doing very well).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    http://gwshack.info/?page=player_spv...ame=tolan.6473
    grr forcing me to actually go fact check, you're right I guess I was only peaked at 730 on the leaderboards but without rating decay in place its a system that punishes you for actively playing (hence nearly everyone pvping on alt accounts after securing their spots)

and yeah I know I can just put the game down until they add something but that doesnt change the point that updates for a portion of the game that a lot of people enjoy are coming a touch too slowly (for my tastes)
    I only looked at my friends leaderboard now ;x Didnt even know you could search history. I must only beat scrubs cos I'm still sitting at like 80th percentile despite 70% win rating -.-

And there is rating decay now iirc, though I could care less until they start giving top players skins/titles.

tol

Yea there is really no point :/ I tanked my win/loss% in the process of helping some pvp friends to their titles

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

This game has literally the worst ranking system I've ever seen, I'm not sure why anyone gives a shit when there's people in top 10 with less than 10 games played. Shit's a complete joke.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah. That's how ELO/Glicko works, and every game uses virtually the same system. If you step in with a new character and play with high rated friends, then go 10-0 versus high rated teams.. where do you expect your rating to be?

I made a killing doing just this in WoW, sometimes in RL money. Grab some scrub for 3v3s and carry them with my MMR, by the end of the night they have their shoulders/gladiator title and I'm Scrooge McDuck diving into his vault.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They really need to add more incentives to PVP in general. In GW1, you could get PVE crafting materials/unlock skills for the account/special PVE skills that increased in power as you "ranked up" in PVP. I don't even PVP much, and I think I'm sitting on around 80k glory with really no reason to spend any of it. Maybe even just being able to purchase unidentified dye, or better yet, purchase account bound dyes of your choosing would be a great addition. You can buy chests which have a chance of having an unid dye in them, but it should be more direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    They really need to add more incentives to PVP in general. In GW1, you could get PVE crafting materials/unlock skills for the account/special PVE skills that increased in power as you "ranked up" in PVP. I don't even PVP much, and I think I'm sitting on around 80k glory with really no reason to spend any of it. Maybe even just being able to purchase unidentified dye, or better yet, purchase account bound dyes of your choosing would be a great addition. You can buy chests which have a chance of having an unid dye in them, but it should be more direct.
    SPVP needs more rewards, but I don't think making it rewarding outside of SPVP is the answer. Should add tons of cool stuff you can get inside SPVP that doesn't boost your stats but maybe unlocks more game modes or free private servers for X days(chance at this from chests), and make it MUCH LESS GRINDY

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Skins and titles and titles and skins.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    You can make dyes in the forge using slivers actually.

BG Level

How fucked the instance code is and how it seems like FotM suffers from it more than any other dungeon in the game. Once a day I keep running into a person or two in the party who can't get into the same instance as us no matter what they do. Reinvites, logging, entering/exiting their own, etc.

That and the overall balance with FotM being pretty skewed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Different regions can't be in the same instance.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Not to mention that fucking hammer randomly disappearing.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Not to mention that fucking hammer randomly disappearing.
    This is usually cause someone fell off, and didn't say anything, and its sitting at the bottom again, pretending it disappeared. I don't know how many times i've seen this happen.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Different regions can't be in the same instance.
    Nah we're in the same region. I'm not sure how to explain it. One time all but one of us could get into FoTM so we all left the instance then formed, then only 3 of us could get in.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Franzer View Post
    This is usually cause someone fell off, and didn't say anything, and its sitting at the bottom again, pretending it disappeared. I don't know how many times i've seen this happen.
    we all just usually wipe when that happens and we spawn right next to it. What used to happen though, was that if you were a guardian and used a tome, it would destroy the hammer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spent 11g on a communal bonfire to use my thousand+ karma jugs I had stored away. Apparently it doesn't stack with the booster, which doesn't stack with the kite fortune buff -.- Fuuuuuuuu

Still got like 3mil+ but master plan RUINED.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuckkkk I forgot about the Karma infusion too! Only have like 230 extra laurels -.-;

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

*Complaning about not being able to duel*