+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've really enjoyed the game. I didn't play beta (never do, like to go in totally fresh on a game I know I'll buy) and nearly every surprise has been good. I log on and do stuff. I keep doing stuff until its time to log off. There's no waiting.

However, tonight I did run in to a complaint. For the first time, me and a RL friend were actually on at the same time. We have been talking for months about the game, waiting to get on and play. We rallied 3 other RL gamers we knew and figured we would be set for dungeons. However, our playtimes vary wildly so up until this point (he is 80, I'm 60) we haven't played together once. Every story dungeon we have done in pickups and completed on the first try. Well, tonight I was finishing off a map I wanted to 100% when he got on and said he would pt up with me. I guess my complaint is that absolutely nothing changed when we were in a party together. It was actually kind of a nuisance having to keep up with someone else's movements. I've heard other people say something akin to "this is a one player game that happens to be played around other people" and after that it seems like its true. Again, my personal experience with the game is great. I play more than I should with my current schedule. But I was kind of expecting "Us 5 against the world" and instead got "Us five talking about the things we have done individually".

Oh and WvW is dumb. I tried it once and the first hour went like this: 20 minutes getting through the q. 20 minutes running to a battleground after deaths. 19 minutes standing around outside of a fort listening to someone plan an assault. 1 minute fighting. I'm sure there is a better way to do it but compared to the "always something active happening in PVE" it seemed mega slow and boring.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006 View Post
    Oh and WvW is dumb. I tried it once and the first hour went like this: 20 minutes getting through the q. 20 minutes running to a battleground after deaths. 19 minutes standing around outside of a fort listening to someone plan an assault. 1 minute fighting. I'm sure there is a better way to do it but compared to the "always something active happening in PVE" it seemed mega slow and boring.
    I think you had a particularly bad experience with WvW, I played it the first weekend of launch and hung around our server's home territory without much to do. Thought it was shit and didn't play again till this weekend, but I'm glad I gave it another shot and would definitely recommend playing in the eternal battlegrounds zone. We constantly were moving about as a big group, taking forts and pushing sieges back. Never managed to take the keep because our guys would attack and then the 3rd server would swoop in and overwhelm the two fighting. The experience is pretty good too, there are a load of different events to try and you're rewarded pretty well for it.

The jumping puzzle in WvW though, OH MY GOD SO ANNOYING. I spent 4 hours trying to complete it yesterday, we were against two german servers who didn't seem to fight each other -at all- and flooded the dungeon with gankers. Two rangers stood on top of a pillar in the room before the dark area is enough to completely shut you down from progressing (a group of 4 of us) for a good while. If you DID manage to get past but fell off a wall, the sense of dread having to run back and deal with the gankers again was horrible.
    ...That said, the feeling of accomplishment actually getting to the end with my buddies was great, will probably give it another crack at some point, even if the drops were shit.

Another little complaint, helping friends on story missions appears to get you fuck. all. Very generous A-net.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

@Barber: Partying up drastically increases the amount of influence you get for the guild, so it does serve a purpose and it's nice for WvW.

@Vadre: Helping with story missions gets you Karma unless they changed it from the beta, which would be really stupid because getting karma actually made sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I understand survivor (monthly) is easy and fast to get at 80, but fuck how glitchy it is while leveling. Ive gotten over 100k w/o dieing numerous times.. even during the same day.. and it doesn't trigger. Have gotten like 2 levels (where each level is like 80k at 60)

Complaint: Risen everywhere feels like such a damn cop-out. I haven't seen such repetitive models since FFXI lol.

Yeah, for survivor, you'd can't zone or disconnect, so it's pretty damn difficult to get sub-45, I feel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, for survivor, you'd can't zone or disconnect, so it's pretty damn difficult to get sub-45, I feel.
    that's the most retarded shit I have ever heard lol. If it's honestly this terrible then they need to have a tracker so you actually know how far you are.. not your highest total

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

I'm gw1 typing /deaths gave you your exp count since last death. They need to readd the exp counter along with the death count.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I miss guild emblem capes

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

same

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wish there was a little bit more to do on the PvE side in this game, so far, there's only a few instances and zerg DEs, and easily crafted armor is the same you get for 180-390 badges/42k karma, while it's fine for instance/karma armor to be only for looks, I feel that there should be something more to strive for.

I guess the game leans more to PvP than PvE.

Oh yea still cant purchase gems along with tons of people, which was submitted since BWE3 and nothing has been done yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    @Vadre: Helping with story missions gets you Karma unless they changed it from the beta, which would be really stupid because getting karma actually made sense.
    Still works. 60 karma after the very first story mission in your home instance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Only issue I've found is the inability to bind keys for up/down camera movement. That and I wish there was a way to turn off the camera auto-rotate after death. Let me position it and have it stay there! I want to finish watching the big battle against whatever before being revived.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I miss guild emblem capes
    How about capes in general?

A nice physics engine like this and no capes, cloaks, scarves or wraps. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    How about capes in general?

A nice physics engine like this and no capes, cloaks, scarves or wraps. Fail.
    They already have way too many severe clipping issues.

That's my big complaint at the moment, a fuckton of clipping issues with the character models, weapons and armor. None of it seems to fit together smoothly.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wear a thick-ass overcoat ATM so I never notice them. I just get sick and tired of seeing all these plate-wearers with no capes or cloaks, yet every official artwork has every knight with a cape.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Only fags wear capes.

I wear a thick-ass overcoat ATM so I never notice them. I just get sick and tired of seeing all these plate-wearers with no capes or cloaks, yet every official artwork has every knight with a cape.
    Which official artwork?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

on my human the heritage pants clip through heritage overcoat thing something fierce

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast