Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

GW2: Random Complaint Thread: Complaining about Complaints since day 1

Finished the final mission. My reward? 5 blues ranging from level 19 to 60. Anet can go fuck themselves if they think that's appropriate.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Congratulations?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No great axes or better looking armor early on. Feels like I'm looking at GW1 style armor all the time.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The player cap for each RvR zone isn't high enough compared to server population. I find myself queued for the whole damn night.

Maybe a 5th map, I dunno.

Armor taking dmg in WvW is fucking stupid IMO

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    ^ a million times this. tho, i do still have fun... as soon as i repair my shit.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Jump off a cliff if you can; you'll still die but will lose no durability.

On topic: Too many PVE mobs and events in WvW. I want the random lemming masses focused on killing not on trying to get keys and support for a fucking centaur run.

When there's a massive queue out there, I want everyone currently in the zone focused on PVP, not fucking PVE.

Hmm, random complaints...

- I'll third repair costs in PvP.
    - Lacking music variety up until the 70 zones, at least as I've found. I don't mind the general ambiance, but the same song(s) for 2+ zones just seems lazy. There's just a lacking connection sort of like how Rift's Gloamwood track is... gloomy.
    - Random drops being so comparable to crafted goods alongside green+ versions taking too many materials.
    - Having to redo searches on the AH if you swap to pick something up and sometimes you don't even get as many of an item you bid on, so you almost have to check.
    - Would like a bit more mob variety beyond some palette swaps.
    - No sort of weapon skill evolution throughout the leveling process.
    - Fall damage perhaps being a bit too sensitive/harsh.
    - Daily rewards resetting at like 8pm EST?! Would prefer something between 8-11am.
    - Would like a quick, free teleport to LA after picking a faction instead of sitting through the loadings screens to Mists, then LA.
    - WP costs scaling with level.
    - Some hearts/events could use quicker respawn rates on mobs/items and possibly shorter timers if on a countdown.
    - Being hit by some moves even though you've definitely moved out of their way. Ranged attackers can also be especially annoying because of this.
    - Not being able to see what the fuck is going on in a fight (against smaller mobs) once a few elementalists show up and imitate a nuclear fallout.

Probably more I'm blanking on. None are really end of the world stuff, just annoying.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ranged attacks seem somewhat auto-targeting, but you can evade them if you time a dodge correctly.

- crafting materials saying LVL 400 when there are LVL 375 recipies that use them.
    - Too many Risen.
    - Cross world AH - great for buyers, but crap for sellers, though I'm pretty sure Anet only wants crafting to be self sufficient.
    - No Back piece upgrades and only Karma vendors, for an Aquabreather, the highest I've found being LVL 77.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

wtf is with the chat "suppression" this is seriously retarded. I didn't spam the channel, would message every few mins and now all of a sudden I can no longer talk in map chat. And I've been locked out for a good 5+ mins, which sucks trying to find a group for a dungeon

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Complaints:

-- Npcs not wearing any breathing devices underwater. They already have them in game for all 5 races, how hard would it be to copy and paste them onto npcs? Totally rips my ass when I see npcs just sitting around underwater not giving a fuck about breathing.
    -- Being auto logged out.
    -- The retarded amount of fine materials needed for make certain things.
    -- Npcs not moving their mouth when they talk, seriously it's 2012. At least have them moving their lips somewhat.
    -- Not being able to check people to see if they are gimp dumbasses who will be a waste of time.

Also @Eanae, that fucking sucks about the rewards.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

- Absolute stupid AI of NPC's in personal story quests. From not engaging at all to running in like a fucking moron every single time I revive you (especially stupid when the NPC can see the rest of their army dead on the floor too). So far there's isn't a mission I haven't Rambo'd to finish when the twats wipe. In Gears 3 you could have NPC's finish the game for you on normal setting, I'm not expecting that, but in its curent form I find them very useless. At best a scape goat for the couple of minutes they tank.
    - The range of when mobs run back to their pop spot and going into regen mode when I'm still fucking attacking them is too short for my taste most of the time. Of course I can flank or evade through them, but I still find it stupid they do it when I'm still attacking it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My story quest was 5 blues around 40-60 as well.

My biggest complaint is every fucking thing past 50 being broken. All 3 of the southern level 80 zones are unplayable in some way (events being bugged or that last zone being so laggy you don't even aggro mobs). Did Arah explorable (Jotun path) and it felt completely untested, mobs mechanics didn't even work correctly when you could tell what they wanted to be done. I cant count the number of skill points I skipped because the npc got bugged and didn't despawn. Back to complaining about story, god damn I hated doing instances 3 times in a row because the NPC stopped functioning randomly.

I don't know how a game can have one of the best launches and be the most buggy game I ever played at the same time.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I still believe that its because the betas really didn't dig into the high level zones. They had so much focus and polish on the starter areas and received so much feedback and you see the results of that. Nobody really got hardcore into the higher content (which is good; you don't want super massive spoilers before the game even launches), but less bodies in a zone means less testing of said zone.

That being said, I'm not personally upset because I'm taking my sweet time across a few characters and won't hit 80 for another month, most likley. If I do, it'll be through RvR XP, so I wont see too much of the end-game zones. For people that like to speed to the goal, though, I could see why they'd be upset, but I'm not surprised that things have turned out the way they have. Its essentially week two and people have maxed out a character so quickly (people had it done within a day or two, so that's that), but I can't fault a company for not having the end of the road as polished as the beginning, especially when they probably only had in-house testing for those zones.

There's no testing like having 2k+ rabid beta-testing fans breaking everything in sight in the starter zones. You take that away and you're gonna have bugs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I just reached level 80 and what the fuck?...

This is by far, the worst piece of crap game that ever existed. Every single mission has been glitched/bugged in some way or another. NPC's flying around the screen at 300% normal running speed. Shark bosses teleporting in the sewers. Final "missions" that you could coast through and let the NPCs do all the work. I had little to NO interaction with anyone. Not for lack of trying! It's a glorified single player game with the ability to show off your gear and weapons in town.

I feel nothing but regret and bewilderment at the pure stupidity that is GuildWars 2.

No fun was had. None.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I still believe that its because the betas really didn't dig into the high level zones.
    Yep. I called this shit ages ago. It's just logical.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    I had little to NO interaction with anyone. Not for lack of trying! It's a glorified single player game with the ability to show off your gear and weapons in town.
    That's on you entirely lol. Start a party with somebody, do skillchains and shit together while you complete a zone. Huzzah, interaction.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    That's on you entirely lol.
    How is it on me exactly? The "join" mechanic to play with friends who get stuck in the overflow server is still broken. Have you tried getting 3-4 friends in the same group on the same server? Bullshit. Joined a few different guilds. Everyone sits in silence periodically spouting "Is TP up yet?" and "How much is that worth?"

BG Level

I have had no issues with the Join In command since day 1-3, and I have completed 70% of the world map with 2 other friends.

And again, how is it anybody's fault but you're own on the shitty guilds you've joined lol?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    I just reached level 80 and what the fuck?...

This is by far, the worst piece of crap game that ever existed. Every single mission has been glitched/bugged in some way or another. NPC's flying around the screen at 300% normal running speed. Shark bosses teleporting in the sewers. Final "missions" that you could coast through and let the NPCs do all the work. I had little to NO interaction with anyone. Not for lack of trying! It's a glorified single player game with the ability to show off your gear and weapons in town.

I feel nothing but regret and bewilderment at the pure stupidity that is GuildWars 2.

No fun was had. None.
    I think you'll like Alex Albrecht's thoughts:

http://revision3.com/trs/guild-wars-2 - around 9:30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast