Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    The gold costs are pretty much what scathe me, as you'll have armor repairs and WPs eating at your progress in the meantime with general PvEing not being terribly profitable and a large majority of crafted goods being losses. Plus, I guess throwing cash at other parts of the process, too. I don't really mind running a dungeon 25 times or so assuming it's not like terribad PUGs every time. I think I'm sitting on 110 SPs right now with everything learned, so basically got a nice chunk out of the way just playing. Only hard part about exploration are WvW requirements, but I guess since you need the battle tokens, you can hopefully 2 for 1 that process. Clovers could be a wildcard, so I'd probably put them after gold expense. But yeah, I doubt I've had more than 30 lifetime gold at this point with a fair chunk of that coming solely through hearts while exploring.

Oh wells.
    Gold costs will even out eventually, from what I am told, gold gain is not overly difficult at 80 compared to what it is while you are leveling up. With exotics selling for a decent price atm as people try to throw them into the forge to pull out something cool. The tier3 cultural armors cost a pretty penny as it is, this 150g minimum is not a huge amount. Although some people are guestimating that the cost could actually be around 350 once all is said in done with the cost of ectos and other materials.

The clovers are indeed the wildcard. We know of only a single recipe that creates them, but in all honesty I would guess there is a different recipe that results in them at a more consistent rate. The current recipe is for "random" crafting materials. Each of those materials has a specific recipe to create them as well, why shouldn't clovers have one?

I'll be honest, I am incredibly disappointed by the sheer amount of work it will take to get this. But at the same time I am not. I was actually hoping for something that took work and not money though. I think there is something wrong with requiring gold for such an item when the sheer amount of grind is so high in the first place. Oh well... I am an elementalist and a scepter/dagger one at that. Thus I will probably never choose to get one considering I have 2 weapons. Unless Meterologist is just plain awesome and it changes your personal weather as you tool around... then I may need to get it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post

It's like paying for that -1 Abj piece.
    I knew they were stronger!

...>.> Haha. Also.. in the long notes of the recipe, how do you make the Legendary with the stats you want, ala Berserker inscriptions and what not? N/m, forgot the 'Specific Superior Sigil" part. Guess that'd be the inscription.

nvm

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Mystic Forge: Just when you thought your coins were worthless

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has it been show anywhere what they all look like, or just a few? Really, I am just curious on the rifle and the staff.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I knew they were stronger!

...>.> Haha. Also.. in the long notes of the recipe, how do you make the Legendary with the stats you want, ala Berserker inscriptions and what not? N/m, forgot the 'Specific Superior Sigil" part. Guess that'd be the inscription.
    I'm not sure that those images are correct where were they pulled from?

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They have been shown, but in beta only. And then only a select few models. They had promised that they were going to improve them and change many things to do with them for launch. As we can see now they have taken the creation recipes from beta and added 3-4 layers to them. They said they were going to make them look and feel cooler for launch as well, so while we see Twilight, Sunrise and a small glimpse of Frostfang (the axe) in the video by Dontain below, we have no real way to know if they actually look like this anymore.

Furthermore, the database sites that are showing the legendary stats were "given" this data during beta and are not necessarily correct. They had maintained that legendaries were NOT going to be anymore powerful than an exotic, and I would hope they actually live up to that. Even if a total of 3 stat points and a 10 point min/max damage increase is not actually anything significant it is "better". That being said, this game is not about min/maxing your damage for an organized raid group where a different in 100 damage could mean you are sidelined cause you do not have the gear/class/skill to play with the "elite" raid group you are a member of. This game is about having fun with people.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Dunno if many people truly thought "YOU CANT JOIN WITHOUT A LEGENDARY" or anything. Was more of a jab at people who don't think legendaries deserve to be stronger. Basically.. it's an extra 15 or so attack, and badassery :>

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So we're looking at around an average of 750,000 karma and 275g or so to make a legendary.

Actually, probably far more than that since you have to get a no whammy on clovers eight times (possibly more?) which costs, what, 30k karma and 10 gold each go?

How do I turn 250 silk into gossamer? I can do it with ore/logs, but I can't figure out how to do it with silk scraps. It accepts the silk, the gossamer x1, the 5 phil stones, but won't accept the dust.

Nevermind, putting dust in before any other material made it work...buggy crap.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Are Obsidian Shards soulbound or account bound? If it's the latter I don't feel it'll be all that bad gathering up the karma. Can get a ton of karma leveling alts and put those towards the legendary.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

They're soulbound.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Fuckin' Arenanet. I don't know why anything is soulbound, shit is stupid. I'm undecided if I want to go for a Legendary at the moment, but if they were account bound I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Multiple classes use the ones I'm interested in so it would be awesome to be able to use it on them all, but NOPE.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Think I only got like... 40,000 or 50,000 karma by the time I hit 80/Orr zones anyway, and that was with doing tons more zones than were necessary to level.

Can probably get a good chunk of the karma while you're fulfilling the WvWvW token requirement if you get into some good matches.

Haven't given up on Sunrise yet, 'cause wielding the sun is pretty badass, but my morale is dwindling.

There was some mage boss in Orr that looked like maybe it was wielding Sunrise. Was hard to get a screenshot with everything exploding on it, but it did look pretty cool.

Yes I know that boss, he actually has both, and switching between sunrise and twilight while fighting looks badass.

Was still weird basically seeing a mage whirlwinding with a greatsword. Granted, I'm someone who dislikes the fantasy trope of casters having to be frail, staff-wielding robe wearers... but I guess I just wasn't expecting it, heh.

Fuck these Mystic Chests. I've doubled my money, but I can also see it being super easy to lose a ton of money making these. I also have no idea what half the mats I get out of them are for!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4