+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

AT&T Transfer of billing responsibility help and phone upgrade opinions

Does anyone have experience dealing with AT&T when it comes to transferring billing responsibility? I'm in mid process but they are trying to take my unlimited data away. I'm aware it's not offered anymore but i've had it grandfathered in when I got my own line, when I switched it to my group plan with my ex, and now i'm switching back to my own. I've heard that if you threaten to discontinue your service they will more or less give you whatever you want. I have internet through them too so if i say i'll cancel both, will they be more likely to give me what I want? If it matters i've had service with them for almost 10 years if I can use that as a bargaining chip as well.

Secondly, when I upgrade I have no idea what I should get. I don't keep up with new phones and such so idk what is good and what isn't. I know the new Galaxy S III and I think the Samsung Note just came out but I know nothing about them or anything else is out so i'm open to opinion. Thanks for the help!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taera View Post
    Does anyone have experience dealing with AT&T when it comes to transferring billing responsibility? I'm in mid process but they are trying to take my unlimited data away. I'm aware it's not offered anymore but i've had it grandfathered in when I got my own line, when I switched it to my group plan with my ex, and now i'm switching back to my own. I've heard that if you threaten to discontinue your service they will more or less give you whatever you want. I have internet through them too so if i say i'll cancel both, will they be more likely to give me what I want? If it matters i've had service with them for almost 10 years if I can use that as a bargaining chip as well.

Secondly, when I upgrade I have no idea what I should get. I don't keep up with new phones and such so idk what is good and what isn't. I know the new Galaxy S III and I think the Samsung Note just came out but I know nothing about them or anything else is out so i'm open to opinion. Thanks for the help!
    They don't care if you have been with them for 1 month or 1000 years tbh. Threatening to cancel your service is a good way to try and get what you want, A friend of mine did this and they escliated it to the point that she got to keep her unlimited + got a $100 gift card. I know with verizon they made a policy change in may that when upgrading your phone you would lose your unlimited internet (unless you pay the full price for the phone).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

whats the worst that happens? you change service. AT&T blows too if you ask me. Good luck, for the most part wireless service providers are dicks now. I think they all have class action clause too(you have to sue them head on yourself) Ill break it down for ya "LOL you want to sue us? AT&T V Random person"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-57...-class-action/