+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    It's a reasonable question, it's not like the anime attempts to explain this as accurately as the novels. Not even in the same fucking universe.

Anyway, if you enjoy SAO I highly suggest you read the light novels, hearing everything from Kirito's direct POV is pretty awesome.

Still can't believe they didn't make Black Cats guild 2 episodes, considering the kind of impact it had on Kirito... but gave that other shitty ass side story involving that other guild over some item. That was seriously the stupidest thing I have ever seen, especially that ending. The only cool part about it was Laughing Coffin's debut.
    Well, the laughing coffin becomes relevant on the 3rd arc and if they'd ever animate their purge, neither of which is likely to happen within this run.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Well, the laughing coffin becomes relevant on the 3rd arc and if they'd ever animate their purge, neither of which is likely to happen within this run.
    Dude, the second season is confirmed. It's going to be close to 50 total episodes.

It should get animated.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Dude, the second season is confirmed. It's going to be close to 50 total episodes.

It should get animated.
    And now we're fucking talkin'. This has both potential and a chance of going far too harem. Please god do this right and all will be well in the world.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

One of the things in Ep 10 made me wonder...

Spoiler: show
    Is item identification in SAO like Nethack or other roguelikes, where you have no idea what something is until you have it appraised? For example, Kirito might have been handed 'a potion called 'water'' instead of 'a potion of water'.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Doubleposting strikes again!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I love it. Just watched all 10 eps in a row. It's the only anime I've watched since Fate/Stay.
    Same here. I just got done watching all 10 in a row, except the last anime I watched was Penguindrum(which I haven't even finished yet). Just haven't really been into anime lately, but for some reason this clicked with me.

Edit: Also, somewhat funny, but my gf stopped by for a bit when I was on the episode about Griselda, which happens to be her name. It's not a very common name(or at least, I don't hear/see it much), so I got a few laughs out of that. Especially since it's about her being killed and shit.

Just marathoned the current 10, too. Mad I didn't hold out until at least S1 finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I love it. Just watched all 10 eps in a row. It's the only anime I've watched since Fate/Stay.
    You should at least watch Fate/Zero as well.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's a reasonable question, it's not like the anime attempts to explain this as accurately as the novels. Not even in the same fucking universe.
    It's not a reasonable question until you can explain how kirito or anyone in the game supposed to know how the outside world is doing when they're stuck inside SAO without access to information about the outside world. There is no relevant contextual information to assume anything related to the question to begin with. It's the equivalent of watching scooby doo and asking why Goku doesn't just use the dragonballs to give him some scooby snacks.
    This is especially true given the fact that the creator of SAO is dead and uploaded a digital version of his mind into the game/internet so there is no body to manhunt. The question is stupid if you've not got that far and is also stupid if you got far enough to know what happened.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not a reasonable question until you can explain how kirito or anyone in the game supposed to know how the outside world is doing when they're stuck inside SAO without access to information about the outside world. There is no relevant contextual information to assume anything related to the question to begin with. It's the equivalent of watching scooby doo and asking why Goku doesn't just use the dragonballs to give him some scooby snacks.
    This is especially true given the fact that the creator of SAO is dead and uploaded a digital version of his mind into the game/internet so there is no body to manhunt. The question is stupid if you've not got that far and is also stupid if you got far enough to know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    You should at least watch Fate/Zero as well.
    I meant Fate/Zero ;x

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Same here. I just got done watching all 10 in a row, except the last anime I watched was Penguindrum(which I haven't even finished yet). Just haven't really been into anime lately, but for some reason this clicked with me.

Edit: Also, somewhat funny, but my gf stopped by for a bit when I was on the episode about Griselda, which happens to be her name. It's not a very common name(or at least, I don't hear/see it much), so I got a few laughs out of that. Especially since it's about her being killed and shit.
    Yeah, Anime hasn't been my main focus in the past year or two like it was before.

Double post?

It should get animated.
    Link?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What's with everyone double posting? BG issues?

I'm not even seeing any doubles <_<;

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Hate to break it to you but people are always going to be curious about that stuff. I always wondered too, I don't see what's wrong with that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm loving this so far, if .hack was like this 10 years ago (or was it longer then that?) i'm sure more people would be into Japanese culture today

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Link?
    There is no second season announcement.