Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watched this yesterday and meant to bump but forgot. Was brilliant.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's now blocked on YouTube by Sony, for reasons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's like they haven't fought and won claims against every single episode already. Seriously if I was YT I'd just file those claims away in spam mail.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's been mentioned all over the board but YT has far more to lose by ignoring than protecting. I saw a few videos too that were saying it's not even the companies but just angry competition doing the flagging. Taken with a grain of salt, I know, but still.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    It's been mentioned all over the board but YT has far more to lose by ignoring than protecting. I saw a few videos too that were saying it's not even the companies but just angry competition doing the flagging. Taken with a grain of salt, I know, but still.
    The largest issue with YT's system is that it doesn't punish false claims in any way. In fact, if someone puts a monatization copyright on your video they begin to receive all the add profit and if they later lose or drop the claim they don't have to return the revenue and the original creator has no claim to the revenue. I've seen some creators not even bother challenging a monatization claim because by the time its resolved the lionshare of views will have already taken place.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sword Art Online -ORDINAL SCALE- PV (2017)

Translations stolen from Reddit:

• Advance tickets will be sold at AnimeJapan 2016 for 1,500 yen (tax included), and will include abec key visual posters as a gift.
    • Movie will be about a new game played with an augmented reality device called the "Augma". The game is named "Ordinal Scale". The game has a unique feature where players can raise their rank by defeating monsters and using items.
    • The Augma is much more compact than the AmuSphere. "Ordinal Scale" is an "ARMMO RPG" exclusive to the Augma. It is a hot topic game using the latest technology, using the real world as its playing field, and players can raise their ranks by defeating monsters and using items in various real world areas. The "ordinal scale" (OS) is a feature in the game, and all players are assigned ranks based on their ordinal numbers. Thus, the top player possesses overwhelming force. In solo PvP, ordinal rank is a major factor in determining victory or defeat.
    • The event also confirmed that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka will return to play Kirito, and Haruka Tomatsu will return to play Asuna. Yuki Kajiura will return to compose the film's soundtrack. Tomohiko Ito is returning from the two TV anime series and the anime special to direct the film at A-1 Pictures. Shingo Adachi is also returning from the TV anime to design the characters.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The largest issue with YT's system is that it doesn't punish false claims in any way. In fact, if someone puts a monatization copyright on your video they begin to receive all the add profit and if they later lose or drop the claim they don't have to return the revenue and the original creator has no claim to the revenue. I've seen some creators not even bother challenging a monatization claim because by the time its resolved the lionshare of views will have already taken place.
    From what I've read supposedly there is a low limit of how many challenges you can have ongoing. And with how long it takes they just might not be able to file a challenge or wish to save it for claims that can shut them down. Also doesn't help the system is 100% automated

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    From what I've read supposedly there is a low limit of how many challenges you can have ongoing. And with how long it takes they just might not be able to file a challenge or wish to save it for claims that can shut them down. Also doesn't help the system is 100% automated
    You can only challenge up to 3 claims at a time, but there's no limit to how many claims can be put on you. It's one of the most illegal systems out there, and it's just begging for a class action against Sony and the like.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I did a little digging. These guys don't own their own website but they did post Episode 9 on their facebook.

Something Witty Entertainment

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lol, you can watch the full abridged here:

http://anilinkz.tv/series/sword-art-online-abridged

So, apparently this is getting a live-action series adaptation...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Because Japan.

Edit: or because bastardized Hollywood.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

China no fucks given http://imgur.com/a/N2nOA

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...series/.104938

Kalogridis, who also penned drafts for the live-action Alita: Battle Angel and Ghost in the Shell films, mentioned that she has "for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."
    "for years... been inspired by the inventive and masterful storytelling of the SAO franchise."
    inventive and masterful storytelling

I'd generally say the first arc was decent until last boss decided to show up early. Would sorta hope they deviate from the material some, otherwise sticking to Aincrad stuff.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The first arc was a 8-9/10 until the Heathcliff nonsense. Second arc is putrid dogshit. GGO gets a 7/10 from me for being something I could actually see happening in the setting.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I thought it was masterful storytelling though. It's just a cool idea that (at the time) hadn't really been done before.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    The first arc was a 8-9/10 until the Heathcliff nonsense. Second arc is putrid dogshit. GGO gets a 7/10 from me for being something I could actually see happening in the setting.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I thought it was masterful storytelling though. It's just a cool idea that (at the time) hadn't really been done before.
    I'm kind of on board with this. Though I will say, watching SSO got me back into FFXI for a good year.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So the US showing of Ordinal Scale was tonight, just got back from it.
    Primarily because it was a single screening it's understandable, but still, I didn't expect the theater to be completely packed.

Pretty good. Only stand out complaint is the dragon's CGI was especially shitty.

And old news from the JP release in February, but season 3 confirmed.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any dual wielding?