Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are the entire cast/harem involved? Or is the focus primarily down to the duo and the new chars?

If I had my way everyone, especially Yui, should just fuck off.

I went to watch it last night as well. The whole cast was there. He did dual wield.

I thought the last fight was fantastic.

(I also thought it was cool to see raid mechanics lol)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Are the entire cast/harem involved? Or is the focus primarily down to the duo and the new chars?
    Everyone shows up with something to do, but the focus is on Kirito and Asuna.
    So, anyone who liked the first half season, and had complaints about the next season and a half, should be fine.

Suguha basically gets put on a boat in the first ten minutes.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Good, she can fuck off too lol

I like SAO, but the side characters are more annoying at best. Sinon works due to the half season focus on her, so developed nicely (but shafted in the 2nd half). Everyone else just wants Kirito and are rather bland.

It's why I don't wish to play the games lol.

Shame as far as I can see/find, no UK theatres are showing it, but I'll pick it up as soon as possible. Glad to hear it's positive.

edit: nevermind, found a showing. 1 day 19th fucking april what the fucking fuck. Just send the blu-ray/mp4 over via Dropbox and play the fucking movie gahhhhhhhhh shafted by regional bullshit again

20:15 one day showing WEDNESDAY -- how long's the movie lol

edit2: Actually, serious question. Was the showing you (Octopus, Cantih) watched dubbed or subbed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    So the US showing of Ordinal Scale was tonight, just got back from it.
    Primarily because it was a single screening it's understandable, but still, I didn't expect the theater to be completely packed.

Pretty good. Only stand out complaint is the dragon's CGI was especially shitty.

And old news from the JP release in February, but season 3 confirmed.
    Worth seeing? Showing tonight by me at 7 and considering it, or just wait for the _______ in a month

It was subbed. It was quite long lol (like almost 2 hours)

Edit: as far as if it was worth it, if you like the first season of SAO I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yesterday (and that's weird Katlan, Fathom was only showing it yesterday, idk how your theater is showing it today), was subbed.
    Apparently there will be a US theatrical showing of the dubbed version next month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Just saw it. Yeah, the LA Live theater had 3 showings today, but it's one of the AMC flagship locations so maybe that's why they had extra showings.Glad I saw it though as it was much better than I was anticipating. Choreography on the fights were well done.

Only real grip was Kirito going from basically zero to hero in a 20 minute span.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Only real grip was Kirito going from basically zero to hero in a 20 minute span.
    The power of dual wield!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    So basically the same thing that happens every time Kirito starts over in a new game?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Alicization Series to Premier at Events in Japan & Los Angeles on September 15, 2018
    LiSA to Perform the OP & Eir Aoi the ED

Kirito wakes up in a huge fantastic virtual world. Having lost his memory, he starts looking for clues. He meets young Eugeo at the foot of a black tree. Although Eugeo is a character coming from this virtual world (a NPC), he has the ability to feel and express human feelings. While trying to find a way to log out, Kirito suddenly recalls having run with Eugeo on the mountain where they are. How is it even possible? This memory shouldn’t even exist.

Besides, a young girl with long blond hair is in this memory. She is called Alice.

A name to remember at all costs.
    Australia, France, Germany, Russia, and South Korea will also get premiere events in the near future.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone watching the Alicization? I thought/assumed it'd be a 24 episode affair, but instead I searched and they said it'll run for 4 cours, totalling nearly 50eps.

Having not read the light novels, but looking at the novel list which is a staggering 10? long, what the hell is going on that took 10 novels to them to end or resolve whatever it is is going on? I guess it must be popular enough for it to keep going but I can't help but think it just drags on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Anyone watching the Alicization? I thought/assumed it'd be a 24 episode affair, but instead I searched and they said it'll run for 4 cours, totalling nearly 50eps.

Having not read the light novels, but looking at the novel list which is a staggering 10? long, what the hell is going on that took 10 novels to them to end or resolve whatever it is is going on? I guess it must be popular enough for it to keep going but I can't help but think it just drags on and on.
    I'm watching it and enjoying it so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, lots of people are saying that this is one of the best arcs and show a lot of improvement of the author. Less harem, more deeper, darker and emotional.
    I just caught up with episodes yesterday because I had some free time, the beginning is a little dull, but that's often the case when you're in world building phase. Still, I'm enjoying it.

Honestly, the past couple episodes have been pretty meh, too. The fights have been entirely too short, and while understandable there aren't any real stakes as duel matches, could've been a lot better than, "I SHOW YOU MAH POWAH! Block/Counter. Fight called." Perhaps the only thing of curiosity was the voice that spoke to Kirito in the garden, but that might've been the girl in the tower or whatever they've shown a few times.

Welp...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Welp...
    So what happened in the episode that prompted the Goblin Slayer warning? I avoided watching GS because of that scene.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    So what happened in the episode that prompted the Goblin Slayer warning? I avoided watching GS because of that scene.

Whelp indeed.

In some ways, worse, but in others, not as bad. Goblin Slayer ripped the band-aid off; SAO slowly pulled it off. Gore was had either way, though that's not what SAO is known for. That said, at least we're done with the tutorial and on to the main quest.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Whelp indeed.

In some ways, worse, but in others, not as bad. Goblin Slayer ripped the band-aid off; SAO slowly pulled it off. Gore was had either way, though that's not what SAO is known for. That said, at least we're done with the tutorial and on to the main quest.
    Spoiler: show
    Well gore and guts dont bother me really, it was mainly the rape scene is what i avoided it. Thats what I'm wondering what happened there, I'm only like 3 or 4 episodes in so yeah.