+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can someone get them away from capcom titles?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    can someone get them away from capcom titles?
    If we let this continue, though, we may finally see a Dino Crisis film franchise.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    If we let this continue, though, we may finally see a Dino Crisis film franchise.
    As bad as that would be, I would actually really enjoy that. Dino Crisis is still one of my favorite games.

Edit:

Just read a funny post on Reddit. In the Trailer, she's using Fire Element Dual Blades against Rathalos, the one element its resistant to.

She's that dumb bitch who joins a lobby in a mixed set with no active skills and the wrong element for the monster, carts twice, then afks in camp. Just staying true to the original smdh

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

stacking that survivor/fortify yo

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't tell if that joke is appropriate or inappropriate with the flak the movie is getting for dead and/or dismembered bodies of the stuntmen being swept under the rug.

The director/studio clearly went the standard fellate the US military to save budget route while also forgetting that MH guns are way weaker than anything we make or how they would fit into the story. As was pointed out to me on youtube, MH guns use fucking berries for propulsion. That modern machine gun should turn diabolos into a red mist. It would even be a cool explanation for why Monster Hunter World suddenly has minigun turrets. Just claim they reverse engineered them from us. Since that japanese trailer has finding the hunter's camp as the first meeting I'm also gonna have to assume diabolos got rekt.
    Rathalos as a boss of the movie feels a bit weak since it's a midboss at best, but Gore Magala spreading coronavirus to everything is a big threat even if it's gonna be a giant "too soon" if I explain to people about frenzy.

If I really wanted to nitpick there's also the fact that hunters are explicitly superhuman. Ain't nobody from our world gonna be able to even pick up MH weapons unless they stole a stash of Wakandan herbs.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

technically it's a "Greater Rathalos"

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    If I really wanted to nitpick
    Wait, then what the fuck were you doing before?

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I can't tell if that joke is appropriate or inappropriate with the flak the movie is getting for dead and/or dismembered bodies of the stuntmen being swept under the rug.

The director/studio clearly went the standard fellate the US military to save budget route while also forgetting that MH guns are way weaker than anything we make or how they would fit into the story. As was pointed out to me on youtube, MH guns use fucking berries for propulsion. That modern machine gun should turn diabolos into a red mist. It would even be a cool explanation for why Monster Hunter World suddenly has minigun turrets. Just claim they reverse engineered them from us. Since that japanese trailer has finding the hunter's camp as the first meeting I'm also gonna have to assume diabolos got rekt.
    Rathalos as a boss of the movie feels a bit weak since it's a midboss at best, but Gore Magala spreading coronavirus to everything is a big threat even if it's gonna be a giant "too soon" if I explain to people about frenzy.

If I really wanted to nitpick there's also the fact that hunters are explicitly superhuman. Ain't nobody from our world gonna be able to even pick up MH weapons unless they stole a stash of Wakandan herbs.
    Berries that explode, there isn't enough general knowledge to compare MH weapons to RL weapons but I would always assume MH weapons are stronger because you make them out of monsters that do crazy shit.

If you said the military had some Fatalis bullets I might believe they could chonk Diabolos.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This looks like Pacific Rim but with humans and a lot worse of a movie.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can physically see the bullets moving. That alone means there is way less kinetic energy involved.
    A quick check of the crafting menu shows that bullets are made with random berry+gunpower with gunpowder that's made from berries, so my post was slightly inaccurate. MH hunters are shooting monsters to death with nuts and berries which should probably explain to everyone why it takes thousands of rounds to kill something. I think it should be obvious which wins in a fight between nuts and berries vs metal bullets.

It's hard to compare fantasy berries, nuts and leaves that explode, explode more, cut/slice, pierce or contain elemental energy to plain bullets. And it takes way less than 1000 to kill anything with a bowgun lol, a lot less if you know what to do especially with spread. Unless you're trying to murder stuff with the slinger and rocks or something.

Bowguns (especially in world) are probably more or less regular guns except you have like 5+ types in a single weapon + way more crazy shit (in world it can also be a machine gun) so it's probably pretty close. Some bow moves are stronger than what most guns can do as well.

My money still on MH weapons, I don't know why some monster parts make bullets stronger but there's that too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gore is in it? I'm sold. >.>

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

ahahaha Admiral and Meowscular Chef. This will be glorious.

Meowscular Chef did nothing to deserve this abomination.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Meowscular Chef did nothing to deserve this abomination.
    Agreed. This will be a new gateway to furries.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release Date Bumped up to December 25th to Challenge Wonder Woman