1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Upcoming Schedule of Operation and Billing Procedures for FINAL FANTASY XIV (current version) (09/11

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...9ecaa466244328

Upcoming Schedule of Operation and Billing Procedures for FINAL FANTASY XIV (current version) (09/11/2012)

We would like to announce the future schedule for the operation and billing procedures with regards to the closing of all FINAL FANTASY XIV worlds (current version).

Key dates for the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV

September 29, 2012 (Saturday) 23:59 (GMT)
    FFXIV billing procedures will be suspended until the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.
    No further account registrations will be accepted until the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.
    No unused special item codes may be registered until the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.
    The simultaneous subscription bonuses for FFXI and FFXIV will be terminated.

November 1, 2012 (Thursday)
    Character data (including in-game progress) will not be saved after this date.

November 11, 2012 (Sunday) 8:00 (GMT) FFXIV service will be shut down at this time.

November 11, 2012 (Sunday) 10:00 (GMT) Letter from the Producer LIVE Part III webcast

* An announcement will be made at a later date regarding future services.
    * Please see here for restrictions and warnings regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Billing Process

After September 29, 2012 (Sunday), 23:59 (GMT), FINAL FANTASY XIV users will no longer be able to do the following via the Square Enix Account Management System:

Register new Service Accounts
    Register any registration or special item codes
    Alter billing procedures, including changes to billing cycles/Automatic Renewal Options
    Add Automatic Renewal Options (i.e., add characters)

Special Item Codes

On September 29, 2012 (Sunday), at 23:59 (GMT), the FINAL FANTASY XIV special item code redemption system will be temporarily suspended. If you would like to redeem a FINAL FANTASY XIV special item code, please register the special item code via the Square Enix Account Management System before the date listed above.

* You will be able to redeem special item codes (such as the Garlond Goggles, Asuran Armlets) once service for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn begins.

Termination of FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV Simultaneous Subscription Bonuses

FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV simultaneous subscription bonuses will be terminated effective Sunday, September 29, 2012, at 23:59 (GMT).

Please make sure to redeem any items and transfer all of your FINAL FANTASY XI-related character names before the deadline.
    Login to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums
    Beginning September 30, 2012, only the following users will be able to log in to the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums:

Paying users as of September 30, 2012 (Sunday)

Playing the current FINAL FANTASY XIV until the end of service
    In order to play the current FINAL FANTASY XIV for free until the end of service, please read the details below according to the situation that applies to you.

Current FINAL FANTASY XIV players

Please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and review the “End Date” found under “List Options Continued Automatically” section of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

To access this page:
    Choose “Select Service” and click FINAL FANTASY XIV
    Click the “Options List” button and select "List Options Continued Automatically."

If the listed “End Date” is after September 30, 2012 (Including a free trial period)
    You will be able to play for free until services for the current FINAL FANTASY XIV end.

If the listed “End Date” is before September 29, 2012 (Including a free trial period)
    Please check the status of your characters under the “Active Options” on the “Options List” page.

- If the character status is listed as “Continuous”
    You will be billed for 30 days on the next scheduled payment date, after which you will be able to play the current FINAL FANTASY XIV for free until services end.

- If the character status is listed as “Cancelled” or “To be cancelled”
    Starting on 0:00 (GMT) on September 30, 2012, you will no longer be able to play the current FINAL FANTASY XIV. If you would like to continue to play, please make sure you have set up a payment method ahead of time or have sufficient Crysta available.

* Please ensure that your payment method is accurate ahead of time. If you are unable to pay for your character option due to a lack of Crysta or credit card error before September 29, you will not be able to play the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV or reactivate until FFXIV: ARR is launched.

Former FINAL FANTASY XIV players

If your service account or character is reactivated on or before September 29, 2012, you will be immediately billed for 30 days of service. After this, you will be able to play the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV for free until the services end.

* We are unable to reactivate any characters after 0:00 (GMT) on September 30, 2012. Therefore, should you wish to continue to play through to the shutdown of the service, please complete the reactivation process before September 29, 2012 (Saturday).

How to reactivate automatically continuous options (characters)..
    Visit the Square Enix Account Management System.

First-time Users who wish to play FINAL FANTASY XIV

New users who have registered a new account by September 29, 2012, 23:59 (GMT)
    As long as your 30 day free trial end date is after September 30, 2012, you will be able play the game for free until operation of the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV terminates.

New users who wish to register a new account after September 30, 2012, 0:00 (GMT)
    Registration services will have ended and you will not be able to register a new account to play the current version of FINAL FANTASY XIV. You will have to wait until FFXIV: ARR is launched.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Denmark Holland
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So wait if my next bill pay falls on Sept 29th i'll be billed for 30 days even though that is a free period?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think there was a jp dev post that said (not 100% sure, using google) that any game time you have billed after 30th will be added to your game time after ARR starts.

EDIT: It was a french dev, searching around the jp tracker made me think I dreamed it up, lol >.< But then I read the post to which it referred to and it seems Xanthe is right and my assumptions were wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Denmork View Post
    So wait if my next bill pay falls on Sept 29th i'll be billed for 30 days even though that is a free period?
    Basically. The 30-day free period is essentially a buffer so everyone's paid subscription can run out without any partial month charges being required.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was a french dev, searching around the jp tracker made me think I dreamed it up, lol >.< But then I read the post to which it referred to and it seems Xanthe is right and my assumptions were wrong.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah, It just so happens that my next billing period starts on the 29th. I have a feeling this is gonna get fucked up, as per usual.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Mine is the 27th

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Got lucky: Oct. 3, 2012

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mine is the 9/17 I believe (I don't have my security key at work).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My end date is 29th and next scheduled paydate is 30th. I hope this doesn't fuck me over somehow eventho I'm on continuous payment.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Wasn't it said somewhere that they were going to launch ARR around a month after the suspension of service or am I recalling a load of horse shit?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They are not giving us a launch date for ARR because they want it to be known that Beta will not end until the game is done this time.

The only concrete dates so far are Nov.1 (final character save) and Nov.11 (server shut-down).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Wasn't it said somewhere that they were going to launch ARR around a month after the suspension of service or am I recalling a load of horse shit?
    It was said that there would be a minimum of ~1 month delay between the final save of our characters and when we could use them again. Since we'll be using our character in the beta, I guess what they meant was we won't be able to use our characters in the beta until Dec. 1st (ish) at the earliest.

That quote doesn't have anything to do with the actual release of ARR. Hopefully this time they'll actually wait until it's good before letting it out of the bag.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

heh just checked mine, billing date oct 10th.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Meh, I'll give it another 6 months to add some content and polish. Heres hoping this time around I don't get bored with the game after a month.

A. Body
    BG Level

Tempted to shell out $10 just to finish up and get my horn before its gone forever.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still want to get my White Ravens, but I can't find enough people motivated to try that fight

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Assuming you got shifted over to Durandal, I'd be down for hard Van Damnus anytime when I'm online. I haven't been able to find anyone willing well mostly not able, to do it. Nama Kemono ingame.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Word, I'm always down for some White Raven... and Hamlet... and Garuda... and Moogles... and Caravans... and Aurum Vale... and Cutter's Cry... and Imperial Operative hats... and Castrum Novum... etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Tempted to shell out $10 just to finish up and get my horn before its gone forever.
    It's too late, if you mean the goobbue horn. That ended with patch 1.23a.