1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Because it would most likely be a grand company purchase, not a quest.
    You mean like chocobo bardings?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You mean like chocobo bardings?
    No, like Patriot's Choker, smartass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    No, like Patriot's Choker, smartass.
    And your point is? We didn't have achievements last year and I've just pointed out one type of item that you can only purchase with seals tied to an achievement.
    It's not crazy to think that we may get some for this event, especially if they're doing something different with it (like they did for every single event so far anyway).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Skirmish doesn't have any achievements

Checkmate

In all seriousness though, they probably won't be adding any achievements unless they're obtainable in 2.0 since they already put out that discontinued achievement list. That said, it's entirely possible that they may do foundation day in 2.0, so I won't be surprised either way.

I have a feeling they haven't put out that "list of unobtainable items in 2.0" yet because of whatever item(s) may be added in 1.23b, and they didn't want to tease them early.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The achievements for seasonal events were always one-time (as in new each year, or am I wrong?) so I don't think that matters?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Currently, sure, but who's to say that they'll continue that trend? It's only been two years.

I'd also consider foundation day to be slightly different than your normal seasonal event, but /shrug. Despite posting in here, I don't even know why there's a discussion about this. You'll find out in less than 24 hours, so I guess it's more of a "I told you so!" victory for the winner? lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah, I also didn't want to chime in to the pointless argument (but mioko and Alkar seem to love their back-and-forths ;p), just pointing out what I thought about the achievement part you mentioned.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    And your point is? We didn't have achievements last year and I've just pointed out one type of item that you can only purchase with seals tied to an achievement.
    It's not crazy to think that we may get some for this event, especially if they're doing something different with it (like they did for every single event so far anyway).
    I swear you only post in this section just to try to contradict people's statements/predictions that aren't even claiming to be factual/concrete in the first place.

I made an insignificant speculation that there will probably not be any event-related achievements for this last-minute faux-"event" considering it's not even a holiday, just a lore-based bonus period that, in the past, has done nothing other than reward players with a chunk of seals, added a 2x multiplier on awarded seals, and offered Patriot's Choker to purchase for said seals... an item which has since been available to purchase elsewhere for plain 'ol gil (obviously not achievement-worthy even if achievements existed at the time).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not the one getting all worked up over this lol. I simply pointed out that there are items you can buy with seals that also happen to have achievements that's all.
    And I haven't really posted any "I told you so" yet even if I could've, that's really not the point and I honestly don't care. If you can't handle a simple discussion maybe you shouldn't post at all.