1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

<3 ashiee..

i love the new casting animation.. and.. the spell animation for Stone.. tho it does seem like it animates a little too fast between the player and enemy

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    this not working for anyone else?
    Not working for me either for whatever reason.

Edit: working now

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Was anyone able to record the first 5 minutes or so before the presentation went live? I really want to see if I can get an MP3/audio of the new prelude/crystal theme that was playing before presentation went live.

worked now, it's looking great. Anyone got a SS of the crafting/fishing af?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    <3 ashiee..

i love the new casting animation.. and.. the spell animation for Stone.. tho it does seem like it animates a little too fast between the player and enemy
    Looks like the same old problem they've got with current animations though, projectiles don't actually travel from the PC to the target, they just vanish and appear on the enemy (same as FFXI). In the case of a spell like that stone it's obviously supposed to look like it's travelling so I guess it's probably incomplete and will make the journey to the target when properly implemented. Otherwise it's going to look kinda silly.

The weird motion he's doing whilst the spell is charging I could do without, but overall looks great.

EDIT: I cannot BELIEVE there is actually a poll to quiz whether people on the OF want data centers to be added or not. Seriously, these people are just morons, and the fact that they're shortsighted enough to consider their own need to play with japanese players (who rarely want to play with them) and hold limited communication with other language speakers rather than have a decent standard of play is just baffling without beginning to consider the rest of the people who might start playing. Literally can't believe how dumb these people can be.

Edit2: And yeah just to acknowledge the below, I agree it's probably incomplete and am thankful they're showing it at all yet, most of the game is really shaping up nicely from what I've seen.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Looks like the same old problem they've got with current animations though, projectiles don't actually travel from the PC to the target, they just vanish and appear on the enemy (same as FFXI). In the case of a spell like that stone it's obviously supposed to look like it's travelling so I guess it's probably incomplete and will make the journey to the target when properly implemented. Otherwise it's going to look kinda silly.

The weird motion he's doing whilst the spell is charging I could do without, but overall looks great.
    yeah its probably incomplete, the last couple producer letters have been about showing unfinished material but giving current players a glimpse at what is to come. Its clear after watching last night why they ran the same demo each time at all 3 conferences, there was a lot of stuff not exactly ready for prime time. Still what was there looked great (in terms of animations) and the various quality of life improvements was really nice to see, most the detracting points look like stuff that should be hammered out between now and launch.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

EDIT: I cannot BELIEVE there is actually a poll to quiz whether people on the OF want data centers to be added or not. Seriously, these people are just morons, and the fact that they're shortsighted enough to consider their own need to play with japanese players (who rarely want to play with them) and hold limited communication with other language speakers rather than have a decent standard of play is just baffling without beginning to consider the rest of the people who might start playing. Literally can't believe how dumb these people can be.
    Let 'em try to stay on the JP servers. Let them continue to bow down before their mighty JP-onry gods and be miserable because nobody ever plays this dumb game, and they can't get anything done and just quit. We'll be better off without them, and the folks like Elexia who would rather not contend with us dirty Americans will be forever out of our hair.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They've shown a total of one zone and four classes. Of course this shit is incomplete lol

About the servers; it's not like these people will be locked down to north american servers. They'll be able to roll on a JP server if they want to.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    About the servers; it's not like these people will be locked down to north american servers. They'll be able to roll on a JP server if they want to.
    They don't wanna do that though. They want their cake to be on a local server so that they don't have lag while forcing everyone else to deal with their BS.

Also word up PPR.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Looks like the same old problem they've got with current animations though, projectiles don't actually travel from the PC to the target, they just vanish and appear on the enemy (same as FFXI). In the case of a spell like that stone it's obviously supposed to look like it's travelling so I guess it's probably incomplete and will make the journey to the target when properly implemented. Otherwise it's going to look kinda silly..
    They have time to change it, but I must admit, after playing GW2 where I can actually dodge arrows and gunfire without the old school RNG "MISS!" popping up, the new age of more movement is becoming more and more appealing to me. I hope to one day see actual arrows or bullets from a FF game.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Let 'em try to stay on the JP servers. Let them continue to bow down before their mighty JP-onry gods and be miserable because nobody ever plays this dumb game, and they can't get anything done and just quit. We'll be better off without them, and the folks like Elexia who would rather not contend with us dirty Americans will be forever out of our hair.
    Some do have legitimate complaints but in the end this game needs the 'option' for regional servers for the game to do better when its got a new wide release. I am planning to even stay on the old servers which might end up being JP zoned but I am not going to deny people the option to play on data centers actually close to the region, plus most of their complaints are the same kind of crap that was going to happen at launch anyways with world transfers, language preferred and region preferred servers (We already have Ragnarok for Christ Sake) that was stated when 2.0 was announced. What it comes down to is denying people the right to play the game better because of some misguided belief that people weren't already going to move when more preferred servers were going to go live and that by staying on JP only server they will be segregated by friends. Yes it happens, it is the nature of the MMO to have stuff like this happen, even FFXI had it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just hope they offer free server transfers at launch.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There will be all new servers and you'll be forced to pick a new one at launch. I would imagine even new server names.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    There will be all new servers and you'll be forced to pick a new one at launch. I would imagine even new server names.
    No pretty sure the old server are going to stick around in 2.0. They mentioned not to long ago this fact because they want to segregate people from transferring old characters to the new servers so they stayed fresh for a while. This could have changed but I am pretty sure our current servers and names are staying in 2.0.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    No pretty sure the old server are going to stick around in 2.0. They mentioned not to long ago this fact because they want to segregate people from transferring old characters to the new servers so they stayed fresh for a while. This could have changed but I am pretty sure our current servers and names are staying in 2.0.
    The two policies are not mutually exclusive. The existing servers may be dispersed to different geographical regions, or new geographic servers opened with the option to transfer existing players to alongside the opening of fresh servers.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    The two policies are not mutually exclusive. The existing servers may be dispersed to different geographical regions, or new geographic servers opened with the option to transfer existing players to alongside the opening of fresh servers.
    "If" that did happen I would be up in arms with the people at the data center discussion. They went out of their way not to force people to choose a new server during the merge process because of the uproar, I really, severely doubt they are going to make all new servers and force people to make a change. Plus they changed the server names already once with the intention of it carrying over into 2.0, Yoshida said as much when he told people about why he chose the naming pattern.

Edit: From the live letter last night~

Q: Will players that have been playing through to A Realm Reborn and those players who are starting from A Realm Reborn be able to play together from the start?

A: First, we're planning to increase the amount of new worlds. Players starting with the PS3 and new Windows version players will be able to choose whether they want to play on a new world or an existing world.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

To counter, here's a more up to date answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    I wanted to provide more details on how the servers will work because when I briefly explained about data centers it looks like there were a lot of players that had questions about it.

What's going to happen is a player will be shown a complete list of worlds. Within the list, players will see which worlds are tied to which data centers (i.e. this world and this world is tied to the data center in Japan, this world and this world is tied to the data center in North America or Europe). Players will have the freedom of selecting any world they prefer.

This means that they can select a world that’s in the data center in their own region or they can select a world that's based off of one in another region. For example, I would choose a world based in Japan because the data centers are physically closer to me. On the other hand, a North American or European player may choose a world based off of their data center centers to keep the lag to a minimum.

So let me make it clear that we're not separating the worlds by language. For those who want to play with players outside of their region, they will have the choice of selecting a world that's located in another region. Also, through the content finder, you will be able to select a language preference so for those who only wish to play with players that speak the same language, all they have to do is set the language preference to the language of their liking.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...495#post826495

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

To counter, here's a more up to date answer:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...495#post826495
    Just sounds to me like he is explaining how server selection is changing and what each function means, I see nothing in there that implies old players are going to be forced to select a new server.

Vuitton

Poor EU servers are going to be empty and they'll be forced to play on the US servers.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What's going to happen is a player will be shown a complete list of worlds. Within the list, players will see which worlds are tied to which data centers (i.e. this world and this world is tied to the data center in Japan, this world and this world is tied to the data center in North America or Europe). Players will have the freedom of selecting any world they prefer.
    My interpretation of this is that the existing servers will be geographically distributed and if you don't like where your new server is, you don't have to stay.

As for the EU quandry, the early sales numbers were quite good for Europe, I'd be pretty interested to see where the EU population stands now, two years later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast