+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Did you just start playing again? You might still be able to get the free pet penguin. In general terms, just having pets there to pick up your loot is beneficial. Each pet has a special skill of sorts, and they can all learn bonus abilities like +5 to exp or fishing etc. I've never spent $ on pets, just gotten them through events or with the original purchase of the game. I currently have 3.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Never played at all til now. Not sure why I qualified for all of the returning player rewards and stuff (boxes from that and other random things from months ago were where I got the 2 rings from) but I'll take it. What's the penguin from? Was considering just buying the game for a friend since that comes with a Polar Bear for me for reduced fishing time/increases weight limit which seems useful. I want a dog eventually for PvP but I heard you can get one for free from achievements?

Nvm yeah I see where the Penguin is from. I have more than enough time to get him. I won't get all 35 rewards from that calendar though as it ends on the 35th. Got a free T5 horse today from the other daily check in calendar and will end up finishing that one before it goes away, tons of nice goodies.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They finally released Nouver (Dragon) in the desert today, in the western version.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...december-28th/

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I got my awakening on Witch last night. Jesus fucking christ is it a game changer. I was struggling with Sausans in a group with 5 people and now I can basically solo the area. It's so much more responsive and satisfying than the staff. I just have to figure out efficient MP management on it and i'll be golden.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Figured out the MP management stuff on witch and now it's buttery smooth. I just started my node empire making Calpheon Timber Crates and a few luxury nodes here and there. I don't have enough CP to do it at full capacity yet but i'm working on grinding the CP XP along with Mediah/Valencia quests for the extra boosts. Between microing my nodes and workers and grinding Sausans and boss scrolls i'm seriously scratching that itch that I had for something like XI. Some of BDO's systems are more complicated and the PvE stuff is a lot less indepth than XI but Pearl Abyss knows and i'm sure at some point we'll have more PvE content than just grinding and doing scrolls.

Also Margoria is launching on the 25th of this month.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...ne-january-25/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    ...more PvE content than just grinding and doing scrolls.
    Nope not in Black Desert. Shit is least effort maximum profit possible. Game as big as an ocean and as deep as a puddle when you look closer at basically every single system implemented in BDO. It´s a blatant cash grab with shiny graphics and a good combat system. PA/Cuckao are allready working heavily on their next MMO "Project M" so if anything they´ll finish Kamalsylva area and then put BDO on life support. Not expecting anything anymore from this game and I´d advise everybody still playing it to do the same. Will save you the disappointment later down the road.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it really is disappointing that there are no goals at endgame at all outside of PvP ones because all the little details and nuances are cool, but im not sure how long ill be interested without anything besides world bosses and scrolls. just hit 56 on my baehwa and, outside of the awakening weapon feeling awful, i'm having trouble coming up with goals for myself now aside from upgrading gear that i have nothing to do with

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    it really is disappointing that there are no goals at endgame at all outside of PvP ones because all the little details and nuances are cool, but im not sure how long ill be interested without anything besides world bosses and scrolls. just hit 56 on my baehwa and, outside of the awakening weapon feeling awful, i'm having trouble coming up with goals for myself now aside from upgrading gear that i have nothing to do with
    I heard Maehwa's awakening doesn't really get good until 58. I also heard we're missing a huge buff that KR got recently.

As far as PvE goes they added this tower defense thing. It's not much but it's a start.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Even "endgame PVP" is not worth it. It´s awfull. Server desync is horrific, large scale pvp is a slideshow (very fun with tons of CCs and AoEs flying around), classes are so unbalanced it´s almost hilarious. Gear and level carry is the worst I´ve ever experienced in any MMO only trumped by ArcheAge. Some classes have been bugged since release (iframe, animation, skill damage buggs) and get ignored, while other classes get buffed out the ass. I could keep going on for hours. BDOs pvp is fundamentaly broken.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Even "endgame PVP" is not worth it. It´s awfull. Server desync is horrific, large scale pvp is a slideshow (very fun with tons of CCs and AoEs flying around), classes are so unbalanced it´s almost hilarious. Gear and level carry is the worst I´ve ever experienced in any MMO only trumped by ArcheAge. Some classes have been bugged since release (iframe, animation, skill damage buggs) and get ignored, while other classes get buffed out the ass. I could keep going on for hours. BDOs pvp is fundamentaly broken.
    Plenty of this boo hoo on official forums. You can go swim with them there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Deciding between Sorceress, Witch, and Dark Knight as my 2nd char. Dark Knight should be in Feb or March

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Plenty of this boo hoo on official forums. You can go swim with them there.
    There´s a difference between "boo hoo" and realizing the fundamental flaws BDO has and acknowledging them and voicing your opinion about it. You on the other hand sound like the perfect fit for the BDO forums. Plenty of whiteknights and blind fanboys over there trying to downtalk and/or shut up everybody voicing legitimate concerns about BDOs obvious bullshittery. Also, last time I checked BG was completely fine with open criticism on pretty much any subject as long as you keep the discussion within reasonable levels, so how about you go swim somewhere else?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sour about your blader I take it?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not really. Even if I was sour about Musa, I still have a Warrior, Wizard and Ninja to fuck around with.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

bred this today

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Dark Knight's awakening weapon

Also there is talk of a Second awakening weapon coming to the game. You awake your original weapon. To give your original weapon new skills and skill increases.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New class potentially leaked. The Combatant/Fighter. Monk style.

http://imgur.com/MS5KMvC

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, the next expansion is just around the corner and with it comes major changes.

- Pearl Abyss is going to overhaul pvp.

- Adding a PVE event similar to Besiged in FFXI, called "Black Raptured Dimension". You defend an island from a horde of monsters. Resources can be used to construct defences.

- New Siege War Militia - making allowances for "strangers" (un-guilded players) to join the fight on one side or another. Neither side will know how many of these individuals are present that can tip the balance of power.

- New graphics overhaul (remastered), along with new UI, and guild changes.

- New capital city, for the Kamasylvia region, new zones and battlegrounds as well as hunting grounds designed for level 60 players and above.

- New Legendary Mounts.

- New Climbing system. Where you will be able to climb all over the place.

- New Airship Travel. Zeppelins to travel on a set schedule between destinations.

- All new "Skill Promotion System" that will allow you to combine two pre-awakened skills into a new stronger one.

- New World Boss "Margoria".

- Last but not least a new Monk type class called "Striker".

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I shoulda bought this game when it was $5 or w/e.