Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Clothing damage? Pervs unite!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Steparu did a decent write up: http://steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/16...al-test-review

A Korean MMO with no PVE endgame? Shocked!

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Still, he said that the developers might be saving that for open beta. /shrug

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The game is in open beta now and there is still not much PVE content, in fact there isn't much endgame content at all. BD has a soft cap of lvl 50. But there is no hard cap in this game, and the xp from lvl 50 -51 is the same as going from lvl 1-50 2x, and the grind just keeps going up from there. You can only die from pvp starting at lvl 50.

Crafting is just like it is in Archage, based on labour points, and they have a trading system like in Archeage.

Death Penalties are very harsh in this game. If you die, you randomly drop loot (either from pve or pvp) and receive a massive xp loss.

So you either grind forever, fish, or gank other players (to maybe get some good loot from them). That's the content in OB atm. There is suppose to be a patch coming this month that adds Guild vs Guild, Castle Siege, and the new Tamer class.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally the L3 we've been waiting for. Shaping up ahead of schedule. I expected Archeage to have lasted longer, but needed both that and Bless to bide time until this one.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    For those still following this game, a look at the cash shop with the Korean client was released a couple weeks ago.
    Seems typical, p2w aspects up to your interpretation of course

When it does come out on the NA side, whether or not we get the same cash shop is up in the air but since it's going to be the same publisher, I don't forsee too many changes.
    So, is it the beta or does this person have a really shit pc?

the antialiasing and textures look shit. Nice booby and booty physics though.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, fuck this shit then, I'm out.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is this FTP? I forget I am all down for going through the game once if it is (if the no pve end game content remained unchanged)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Is this FTP? I forget I am all down for going through the game once if it is (if the no pve end game content remained unchanged)
    Yea it's FTP with a cash shop. The game is currently in Open Beta. It's a shell of a game at the moment but Pearl Abyss is adding new content on a weekly basis. They just added cats to the game as a pet. Now you can lvl up your cat pet call and have him/he pick up loot for you that drops from players and mobs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pearl Abyss has posted a sneak peak of the new Tamer class. The Tamer class is a pet class that summons pets to be on her side. Her choice of weapons include the whip and the rather unconventional ink brush. Her agile build provides battle advantages, much like the Archer class. Pets can be separately controlled as a combat aid, or players can mount on it to perform powerful attacks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Darling Chan
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Ya'll don't know how serious this is (well, dobu does)!
    Foxer over there messin' with heartstrings and stuff. But seriously, if there's a CC client, please post it here.
    There was a client I downloaded a while back which Foxhoe is talking about. Everything was in Korean and I could mess with the character creation [which was awesome especially the makeup customization, but the hair was lacking imo].

I didn't get that far past the character customization because of my shit laptop so idk what the in-game environment was.

BUT it was taken down a while ago :<

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Finally some endgame content. BD will be testing out GvG and Castle Siege on a single server starting on Jan. 17th. If all goes well then all the servers will be getting this content release on Jan.24th.

GvsG

Guilds can have a max of 100 players.
    When declaring a guild war a guild then builds 2 towers and 1 big tent for their command centre, which will act as a respawn point during the siege area. The winning guild takes out the other guilds 2 towers. The top winning guilds in GvG during the week get access to their own castles, for the first week. Then later top winning guilds get the right to lay siege's to castles.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pleasedontrunthisgameintotheground. Pleasedontrunthisgameintotheground. Pleasedontrunthisgameintotheground.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Tamer class has launched on the first server for testing purposes, and if everything goes well, will launch on Jan 20th for all servers.

At the moment the tamers pet Ai is annoying as hell, when you summon him, he does whatever he wants to do. Sometimes he will fight, sometimes he will just stand there and run away. The only way to fully control him is to jump on top of him, and move him like a mount.

Tamers have a healing ability and a mana restore ability(self only). They can also swap hp with their pets(drains allot of mana though). The Tamer's special skill absors 100% of the pets heath for a 1 min massive buff to all stats. Tamer also has much less mana at lvl 50 than the other classes.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

What are you guys playing while waiting on Black Desert? Starting to lose hope in MMOs, and after the PvP changes I worry about BD. I just wan't a game where I can explore and kill players.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    What are you guys playing while waiting on Black Desert? Starting to lose hope in MMOs, and after the PvP changes I worry about BD. I just wan't a game where I can explore and kill players.
    Have you tried ArcheAge? Its got its fair share of problems but you can definitely do that.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I tried it opening week, and upon logging off I realized I couldn't get back in because I didn't have patron status or whatever. That said, I also just couldn't get into the game. I didn't have a group to play with, and the graphics weren't what I was expecting. Something about it just seemed off. Looking at recent screenshots the characters don't look nearly as bad as a I remember.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    Was hoping on Archeage + Bless to hold over until BD, but BD coming early and Trion drove Archeage to shit real fast. Moved back to Tera. Seems a lot of BRs have moved on, and just had an expansion Dec 16 which opened up lvl 65, and GvG/skycastle/expansion pt2 stuff coming last week of Feb.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I thought BD coming early was found out to be a false report? What server on TERA and any room for a slayer with no recollection on how to play?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Early as in earlier than I anticipated. There was little word for a long time and expected nothing before the last quarter of 2016 with Bless originally seeming to hit end of 2015.

MT server in Tera. Slayers have got a new bag of tricks; went from OP, to a joke, to OP again. Coming soon is a slight tweek to some numbers, but no drastic changes so you could learn everything over and be good for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast