+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, they are getting Kamasilva Part 2 and 3 in one giant patch. This opens up the rest of the Kamasilva continent. There will be new areas to grind for lvl's 53-55 and 55-57. It’s also adding 60+ solo grinding and content. Lastly there will be areas designed for group content.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I was about to pull the trigger on this but read reviews on Steam and apparently XIGNCODE is some pretty intrusive software that gets installed when you install BDO. Anyone care to comment?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have never personally had xigncode affect me negatively, but I don't use things like cheatengine which it would probably shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Over in Korea, they are getting Kamasilva Part 2 and 3 in one giant patch. This opens up the rest of the Kamasiva continent. There will be new areas to grind for lvl's 53-55 and 55-57. It’s also adding 60+ solo grinding and content. Lastly there will be areas designed for group content.

Meanwhile NA/EU version hasn't even got part 1 yet. Hoping they've held it back so long so that we can get the entire continent in 1 go.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Next update in Korea happened today and came out with new PVE content.

- The soft cap in Korea is now lvl 60.

- New PVE 10 man instanced dungeon.

The new PVE 10 man instanced dungeon is called Cracks of Barbaric. It is meant for players lvl 60 + but you can join at lvl 56. The goal is to protect the tower from mobs wanting to destroy it. You can use node war items to set up a defence of the tower.

In the instance there will be 25 waves of mobs lvl 65+ that come at you, each wave the mobs lvl gets higher and higher.

Every 5 waves a boss will appear that will drop loot. If you manage to clear all 25 waves a super boss will appear, that will drop the best armour and weapons in the game.

If you die you, you will need to use a med kit to revive yourself, or you will be removed from the instance.

There is a LFG for the instance in channel 1,2 and 3. The instance automatically starts when more than 5 people enter. However after the 4th wave nobody can enter the instance (so you might get stuck with less than 10 people).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, Pearl Abyss has teased a new class. Called the Mystic class. The Mystic class will be female. Nobody knows exactly what it is yet, some say it's a female striker. But in the description says it's a magic user. More info will be coming next week.

http://black.game.daum.net/black/eve...gn5/index.daum

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Female Striker class, the Mystic, is out in Korea now. More kick attack focused.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Mystic Trailer

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, Pearl Abyss is coming out with the 2nd awakening weapon. You awake your original weapon. To give your original weapon new skills and skill increases. You can do another quest at lvl 56 to get the second awakening.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

On the Korean Servers P/A has unleashed the Kraken !! Actually his name is Bell...lol

Does the west get any content updates anymore ?...lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Does the west get any content updates anymore ?...lol
    still dont even have kama part 1

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

So, my girlfriend has really taken a shine to this game and has managed to rope me into it. We're both level 55~56 and mucking around Mediah exploring and breeding horses. Is there an updated resource out there for things like pre/post awakening skill/gear guides and PvE progression? I feel like most things I pull up on google are outdated. I'm not even really sure what content/patches NA does and doesn't have at this point (for instance it caught me totally off guard that we can restore max durability with any class item now and very few guides acknowledge the existence of Rosar weapons).

At the moment we're both rocking +15 ultimate Yuria weapons (Valk + Witch) and +15 Grunil since that's what I remembered being good ages ago. Getting ahold of Sharps and Concentrated black stones off the marketplace is a real pain and a half though and I'm not sure I want to waste the effort if I'm effectively TP'ing in an O hat.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If there is any sort of 'updated' guide for progression, I'm not sure where to find them. One avenue can be watch bdo streamers and ask questions in their stream, many are very knowledgeable and want to help. Guild mates (if you're in one) will also do the same. This being said, lets see if I can iron out a few things for you:

1) pre-awakening only exists today to get you to post awakening asap. do whatever you need to do to get awakening. that's all anyone cares about and will build skills and plans around.
    2) while not perfect, the map does have 'suggested' level ranges above areas when grinding. a lot of this you will learn on your own on what you like or dislike about each area. people will swear that 'this place' or 'that place' is best because 'reasons', but it may not be so for you.
    3) armor: there a lot of options for gear now than when various guides were made (stuff like rosar, rocaba, even yellow quality heve aren't in any early guides). full grunil, at one time, was very good- and still can be. however the pitfall is that once you remove 1 piece, you lose the full set bonus. this is problematic because most people try to get full boss armor asap. so if you have say; bheg's gloves and muskan shoes- your grunil isnt really that good anymore because you don't have set bonuses. the Heve set has a nice HP boost on just 2 pieces, and something like rocaba gives evasion boost with certain 2 piece combos. However, if all you are doing is PvE a lot of this really isn't that important because frankly with the exception of going way out of your level range, PvE grinding is stupid easy.
    4) weapons: similar to above, new sets and offhands have changed most of what old guides suggested. Yuria is still a solid entry and would be ok for entry lvl PvP- I definitely wouldn't take it past +15 (so no PRI+) if your goal is more PvP, then a Kzarka weapon for mainhand should be your goal. PvE i don't think it matters much. Too much to go into on offhands here. Awakening weapon pvp choice would be Dandelion but for pve the Blue one is just fine.
    5) as you progress, a solid 'high middle ground' to be at imo is TRI armor and weapons, and lets just say DUO accessories for now. This is a simplified mindset w/o dissecting all your gear etc.

If you like, I dont mind going into further detail with ideas and the like if you want to msg me we could talk in game or discord or whatever.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Next update in Korea happened today and came out with new PVE content.

- The soft cap in Korea is now lvl 60.

- New PVE 10 man instanced dungeon.

The new PVE 10 man instanced dungeon is called Cracks of Barbaric. It is meant for players lvl 60 + but you can join at lvl 56. The goal is to protect the tower from mobs wanting to destroy it. You can use node war items to set up a defence of the tower.

In the instance there will be 25 waves of mobs lvl 65+ that come at you, each wave the mobs lvl gets higher and higher.

Every 5 waves a boss will appear that will drop loot. If you manage to clear all 25 waves a super boss will appear, that will drop the best armour and weapons in the game.

If you die you, you will need to use a med kit to revive yourself, or you will be removed from the instance.

There is a LFG for the instance in channel 1,2 and 3. The instance automatically starts when more than 5 people enter. However after the 4th wave nobody can enter the instance (so you might get stuck with less than 10 people).

Good News for those waiting for some content in the Western version. Kakao is adding this PVE instanced dungeon tomorrow after the patch. In the west the dungeon is called Savage Rift.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mystic wakening trailer

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Black Desert coming to the Xbox one X. The UI has been modified but overall looking good.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Anyone try out the new PVP channel in NA ? There is no Karma on the server, it's strait up hard core. Only problem is, it seems to be quite empty..

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol. I like how all the people on reddit were whinging about there being no real PvP in the game because of karma, they add a server without karma, and no one plays on it. Wonder fucking why

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I haven't been online much over the weekend, but late last week that channel was lit. Outside Heidel or Sarma Outpost was just FFA all day erry day. Tons of fun. Maybe everyone went back to usu channels for weekend exp, /shrug

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Good News !! Kamasilva Part 1 is finally coming to the West (only 8 months late). Hopefully we won't have to wait months for part 2. You will be able to download the patch on Sept. 27th.

Part 1 includes

- Elven lore and locations including the village named Old Wisdom Tree.

- Another group based instanced content called "The Altar of Training". That unlocks after completing the quests in the area.

- New Tier 9 Pegasus Horse. This lets you glide in the air.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So there was a major datamining leak outlining things such as enchantment rates, hidden stats on gear, item drop rates, and other info. Kakao contacted the subreddit mods and told them to remove the information because "it would be better if players did not see these numbers". They've also been taking down twitch streams and threatening legal action on fan sites (Dulfy). Did you know that the rate of going +14 to +15 is only 2% (up to 14% with maximum failstacks)? Now you do!