+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

I'm now imagining XI as if you had get 3 Rdill drops before it could actually attack 2-3 times. Then add PvP. -.-

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I don't know what i hate more from Korean MMO's - stupid RNG +1'ing gear or the lack of decent PVE. I could probably deal with the randomness of enchanting gear if the content was good, but it never is.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Add an enchantment advantage correction and this system is all set. Breaking/resetting is the worst, having some guaranteed forward progress is the ideal though. The durability refresh is interesting, hopefully good for the economy/participation, rather than people getting the one item and dumping that content. Sounds like they expect people to inflate the dura and then make a run at it. A consumable or buff for one hour of enchantment boost would be good.

Anyone expecting theme park PVE is gonna be in for a bad time. PVE should be too spark PvP conflict and otherwise a side show activity. A must manually run/no tele to an instance side show.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I don't know what i hate more from Korean MMO's - stupid RNG +1'ing gear or the lack of decent PVE. I could probably deal with the randomness of enchanting gear if the content was good, but it never is.
    For me its PvE mostly. I can forgive a lot of "optional" stuff if I am busy adventuring and doing fun PvE activities.

Nothing like coming home from work to clock in and perform more work for zero monetary or personal gain. What's the point of having jazzy graphics if you're still using a few dozen weapon/armor models and a generic enchantment system as the only means to display progress for all the day labor you've put into the game? lol

"MMOs aren't for you!"

...or so they say.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New update that happened yesterday. Pearl Abyss has added a massive new region to explore, with 4 new open world dungeons for group content, new quests, mini bosses, super bosses, and content for players lvl 50-55. New added skills points to grind and skill extensions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

On Feb 12 Daum Kokoa revealed in their Q4 2014 Earnings Release Conference Call that since introduction of microtransanction fees for Black Desert Open Beta Korea on December 24, after 7 days (until December 31) - total revenue for have reached 2.3 billion won (about 2.1 million USD) with a population of 1.5 million players.

http://irsvc.teletogether.com/daumka...2014Q4_eng.php

**The announcement of the Black Desert earnings is given in English starting at around 79:20 in the audio stream.

Speaking of the cash shop, there is a lot of different clothes, dyes, glasses, underwear, horses, wagons, pets and stuff to put inside your house. There are not many gear sets dropping in the world, its very few , so if you want to get a nice outfit and really make your character look nice, you have to use the cash shop.

When you start the game in character creation, allot of features like hairstyles, tattoos, body painting, make-up, and stuff needs to be unlocked from cash shop as well. e.g. sample: 4-5 hairstyles is free, 15 is from the shop.

Here is a new updated version of the cash shop.

Wow, these guys really know how to kill boners with all that cash talk.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cosmetic cash store talk is killing your boner?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The restricted initial character creation is a bit of a drag

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know right. Needs full creator and then just sell super saiyan power pots in the cash shop.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I...I'd pay for a SSJ2 cosmetic transform emote.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some good news on the Enhancement front. In a new update Peal Abyss has changed the Enhancement system. Enchanting is a little less RNG now, and players that fail will receive a passive stackable bonus that increases the success rate, till you get a 100% success rate. But in order to balance this out, when you die you have a random chance to go -1 on your gear.

If you want to see what the game looks like maxed out on Ultra Settings, you check check out this video..

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

PvP or not, death penalties are ok with me. I guess FFXI and esp loss set me up to deal with this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Next big expansion is to launch tomorrow.

The main points from the expansion :

- When in GVG you now lose XP and randomly drop loot when you die from another player.

- New Masterwork enchantment system

"This is exactly like the Masterwork system from Tera. Mini-bosses will now randomly drop rare Blue stones that can give you a randomly chance to masterwork your weapons and gear. Once your gear or weapons is masterworked you can further enhance them from +15 to +20."

- Lots of little updates including a graphics update

- New Samurai/Blader Class

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Blader/Samurai Character Creation

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Personally I find the PVE in this game to be quite dull. Maybe it is due to the lack of a Holy Trinity, but you just zerg everything in the game including mega bosses. So most mobs are nothing more than just HP sponges.

Here is Steparu's guild doing the last boss in one of the new Open dungeons, to show you what I mean.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pearl Abyss has recently added a new patch to BD, that adds some much needed PVE content.

This patch includes Ocean and Sailing content, now you can build and sail ships across the ocean (along with Fishing, Crossbow Fishing, and Whaling, all are mini games), and adding Event content (much like Fates from FFXIV). Plus they have added new costumes in the cash shop.

Fishing, Crossbow Fishing

Whaling

Events

This Event has the players attacking the AH Tax Cart to try and get items and money.

New costumes in the Cash shop

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The next update to BD is to happen today. Daum is adding new areas including a Pirate Island that includes two new open dungeons.

They are also introducing the new Valkyrie class. This class is a Pladin/Cleric type class with Healing Spells, Debuff spells, Powerful Holy Skills and Shield Skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast