FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Peeps this isn't the Blade N Soul thread >.>;
    There's a difference? Korean, grindy, absurd tits, lolis, open world, pvp, will be packed for about 2 months? Sounds the same to me!

I kid. Sort of.

...not really. Korea gonna Korea.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Doesn't everyone love oily tits and world PvP?

But really, I don't see them as the same. Black desert isn't near as extreme as B&S and there isn't a loli race.... yet? Also, do Koreans even enjoy PvP in MMOs? In the closed beta for Black Desert they got wrecked by Russians which prompted the changes to PvP on the Korean server. Pearl Abyss keeps saying the game will be adjusted for each area based on that communities desires. Do you guys not enjoy open world PvP? I have been waiting for a decent open world PvP game for a while now, and I really hope the NA version of this can deliver. I just don't find PvE that fun as endgame when it is all there is to do. If I pass some guy I hate out and about in a forest I want to be able to attack him, or just roll over an enemy group with a group of friends.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    Doesn't everyone love oily tits and world PvP?
    ^

also, I think its more or less to be more appealing like factor. I mean you won't notice a pair of tits 200 feet away, unless its shining like a lighthouse in the distance amiright? O_o

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I mean you won't notice a pair of tits 200 feet away, unless its shining like a lighthouse in the distance amiright? O_o
    I'm not so sure about that in your case. I believe you could spot tits at 200 yards away on a moonless night in the middle a forest so dense a loli couldn't fit through the underbrush.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I'm not so sure about that in your case. I believe you could spot tits at 200 yards away on a moonless night in the middle a forest so dense a loli couldn't fit through the underbrush.
    Got to think of the playerbase, not that 1 % that can spot a female character from max draw distance hidden in a forest!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Do you guys not enjoy open world PvP? I have been waiting for a decent open world PvP game for a while now, and I really hope the NA version of this can deliver.
    Its less about whether I enjoy it or not and more about the fact that people say this every time another Korean MMO pops up on the map and they all go the same way: lots of early PVP, then lots of RMT and hacking, then lots of people bailing the fuck out of the game within 3 months after first-world drama this and botting that, and then everyone goes back to saying "I've been waiting for a decent open world PVP game for awhile now." Its just a cycle that continues to persist in some sort of twisted time loop. People said it about Aion. People said it about Tera. People said it about Archeage. People are saying it about Blade and Soul. People are saying it about Black Desert. People will be saying it about the next pretty open-world Korean grinder that shows up in this lovely subforum.

So again, its less about "NO I DONT LIKE PRETTY THINGS AND MURDERING MY FELLOW MAN," because I like both of those things. I just feel like I'm looking at things through a different lense than other people. I'm seeing another year's truck model spinning its back wheel in a giant pile of mud and being unable to go anywhere, while seeing people expressing interest in trying out next year's version of the same truck.

@Gulk: Goddammit, Gulk.

Fuck you guys, I'm speccing Lighthouse Titties.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

A beacon of hope... for the men lost wondering the sea of confusion in the great MMO world. /salute

All about the swag~

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    A beacon of hope... for the men lost wondering the sea of confusion in the great MMO world. /salute
    ; ;7

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

BDO was suppose to launch on July 14th, but due to the massive down time it took to create the megaserver, the Valencia update and official launch was pushed backed to July 23rd.

The Valencia update will feature a huge new map to the north east of Media, that will feature, new open world bosses, new castles to siege, new open dungeons, and mobs for players lvl 60+. Players are looking forward to the group content and PvE activities, as BDO is currently light on these things.

The Valencia Trailer Part 1

Also the update will feature a new class called "The Kunoichi" (Female Ninja) which is revealed during the last few seconds of the 2nd trailer below.

The Valencia Trailer Part 2

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

BDO's newest class launched today in Korea. "The Kunoichi" (female ninja). She doesn't attack as hard as the other classes but she makes it up with her speed, stealth, and cunning. Using a short sword in one hand and Shuriken attacks in the other to kill enemies at long range.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Good News! Daum has just opened up it's European offices in Amsterdam. Still on target for a 2016 release, or so they say..lol

Korean source

http://www.zdnet.co.kr/news/news_vie...20150714164356

Massivley article

http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/29/bl...-in-amsterdam/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Western Version of BD will be playable this year !!!

The Mods at the fansite Black-desert.com sat down and interviewed DAUM'S new Western Community Manager Oli and asked him about DAUM's plan with the western version of BD.

Community Manager Oli has revealed that the English version of its action-strategy MMORPG Black Desert will be playable this year. After opening the first EU office last week, Oli reveals that the future EU server has just been received.

Now the current focus is on making the teaser site and localizing the rough playable internal build that’s currently available. On the topic of localization, Oli said the community will be asked to look out for any localization mistakes once the early test build is out. “We want to avoid at all cost the bad impression left by other Korean game companies that bring their games to the west with quality standards that don’t match the expectations of US/EU players,” he added.

Regarding exactly when the alpha and beta tests of the English version of Black Desert will arrive, Oli could only say the following: “Note that prior to the Alpha, there will be an early test version of the game but I need to ask players to be a bit more patient about the specifics of when the Alpha or Beta will start this year.”

Oli also said that the aim is to get the European and North American versions of the game launched at the same time but notes that there might be a slight delay, due to no office in NA yet. He also confirms that there will be no differences between the European and North American versions other than the languages required for the European version.

As to the difference between the English version and the Korean version of Black Desert, all that Oli could say was that “we are giving a particular attention to the feedback from the US/EU players who played the Korean version so we constantly keep their expectations in mind regarding every BDO US/EU topics.”

Finally, DirectX12 and virtual reality support for Black Desert are being seriously considered but nothing is concrete right now.

Source

http://black-desert.com/news/intervi...y-manager-oli/

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sweet. Pumped to try this out. Even if they are rolling this out in Dec it's all good.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Russian version is going into open beta soon, so here is the Russian gameplay trailer !

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I kind of want to try the Russian server since it was the Russians the wrecked shop in the Korean closed betas and caused the PvP changes there. Hopefully the Russian servers will be more PvP oriented.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Russian Version will have a CBT starting Sept. 15th though to the 21st, and then have an open beta.

The Russian Beta will feature :

- Starting out 5 classes: Warrior, Giant, Sorceress, Ranger and Beast Master.
    - PvP now accessible starting from Level 30.
    - The number of guilds to which you can declare War has been increased to 6 at a time.
    - The price for declaring War to another Guild and the timer of the War has been balanced.
    - New Open World Bosses.
    - A limited trading system between players.
    - An improved user interface.
    - A smoother levelling curve.
    - A modified mega server channel system.
    - A changed karma system.

- Players won’t gain negative karma any more for hitting another players, but they will still get -100.000 karma for killing one (the maximum number of negative karma being 300.000). The amount of karma will now directly affect the extent of experience, items and grade of the equipment loss upon dying.

- There will be a F2P and a P2P server.

- F2P - has a cash shop ( real money ) with items that don't ruin the balance, like in Korea.

- P2P - has also a cash shop ( but will use in-game money ), will have things for customization but with out stats.

- You can buy founders packs that grants you access to all testing phases of the game and early access to the final version of the game even on the P2P server.

- Founders packs will add an option to buy permanent access to P2P server.

Source

http://blackdesert.ru/news/620.html