+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Here's a good blog, I'll direct link to the cash shop updates with pictures.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/30/black-de...-store-update/

Some Grunil stuff:

For those of you who feel that you will get locked out of the new grinding spots, but don't want to fall behind the curve (I myself welcome the update in the hopes that I can FINALLY get myself a witches earring now that all the guilds are moving on to fight for the Mediah spots) there is an NPC that sells Grunil armour in Altinova.

Similar to the Yuria NPC in Calpheon, this NPC will sell each piece at the cost of 500 amnity each time along with a small amount of silver. The chest will cost you 104,000 silver, 92,000 for the helmet and 80,000 for the shoes and gloves. This means that an entire set will only cost you 356,000 silver along with 2k amnity.

This is the NPC along with his location on the map. For those that can't access the page for some reason his name is Mevo Muranan, The Altinova Blacksmith. His horoscope is the Goblin (rip black dragon alts for yuria gear) and is located near the center of the city, where the two entrances roads meet.

The knowledge to use when conversing with this NPC are:

History II (found in all the new Mediah locations)
    Altinova Merchants Union (basically talk to all the merchants in town)
    Creatures of Mediah (From spiders to rhinos, rock spirits to hole worms, just. kill. everything)

As an added bonus, this npc seems to ALSO sell "mysterious" items that allow you a chance to get one of many different pieces of equipment. These include the Witches Earring, Tree Spirit Belt, Mark of Shadow and even the Ogre's Ring! However these are gambling items, a money sink, and should be bought with care. You are much more likely to get a Hesus/Yuria/Kalis/Baris etc item from these. (These may not be in the game yet, however the only way to confirm this is to wait until someone hits 500 amity with this npc and confirms if they sell them or not)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...l_in_altinova/

Grunil vs Agerian etc

Okay so I've been researching. I'll preface by saying that I believe Liverto and Kzarka weapons are exactly the same except Liverto is +3 crit while Kzarka is +3 attackspeed (players have tested and figured out there MIGHT be a slight difference in Accuracy growth stat, but that is just a theory and unproven).

Everyone says that for Blader, you got Kzarka weapon and Grunils set to max out as many skills you can (At least +5 attackspeed and +5 crit, but also go for movespeed, HP, and even cast speed). So let's say I'm a Blader. I get the Kzarka weapon, which gives me +3 AttackSpeed. I gem it with two gems, both giving +1 crit and +1 attackspeed. Now my weapon alone gives me 5 AttackSpeed 2 Crit.

I take my Grunil gloves and gem them in with one +2 crit chance gem and one +1 crit chance gem (because it's cheaper, and there is no need for +6 crit chance) I take helm, gem it with +4 Cast Speed, now I have 4 of that. My chest I gem with 200HP. My shoes I gem with 4 movespeed

The set effect gives me +150HP from chest-shoes combo and then +5AP from helmet-gloves combo with another +2AP from full set

In total I'm now

5AS

5Crit

4CS

4MS

350HP

7AP

I also have the added hassle of having to enchant a whole new armour and weapon set, as well as risk losing millions of silver upon death because half my stats come from very expensive and very fragile gems.

Now, if I use Liverto weapon and Agerian armour instead of Grunils and Kzarka:

Agerian Helm gives Stun/Stiffness Resist. I gem it with +2 Cast Speed.

Agerian Chest gives 50HP. I gem it with 100HP gem.

Agerian Gloves give +1 Attack and Cast Speed. I don't gem it at all.

Talis Shoes give me 2MS. I gem with another 2MS for 4MS in total.

Set effect gives me another 100HP for 2 items and +2 attack/castspeed for 3 items.

Liverto Weapon gives me +3 crit which I gem with two +1 crit and +1 attackspeed gems.

I now have

5AS

5Crit

5CS

4MS

250HP

25% stun resistance

Free gem slot in gloves for any other thing I might need (whatever goes in gloves anyway except for attackspeed and crit??)

Compared to Grunils, I now have the same Attack Speed and Crit, +1 Cast Speed, the same Move Speed, -100 HP, -7 AP and +3 DP (Agerian gives 1 on each armour piece than Grunils, while Talis is the same, or so I've heard). Oh, and one free gem slot in my gloves.

And the most important added bonus that I won't have to spend a lot of silver changing items, and if I die I don't risk losing nearly as much as I do with Grunils, as most of my power is bound with the armour/weapons and not gems.

So tell me reddit, where am I wrong and why should I use Grunils/Kzarka over Agerian/Liverto? This issue doesn't let me rest, there must be something I missed.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...an_and_kzarka/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is it normal that my black spirit only gives me two daily quests at 50+? How do you get all the boss summon scrolls. I only ever get the one for Crons Castle.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

you can scroll down your quest list when talking to black spirit

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    you can scroll down your quest list when talking to black spirit
    Yeah I know, but I've accepted everything he has to offer. Only getting one scroll quest a day. I feel like I'm missing something.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

That's normal, u get 1 rank1 scroll per day, and 1 rank 2 scroll per week. Some mobs have very rare chance to drop scrolls.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

For anyone looking to increase their BDO experience, (Orwen Server) you should message Senji and get an invite to Bastion (||Bastion|| in game.)

I've been in the guild since the start and have gotten to know these fellows pretty well. The highlight, I must say, is the discord voice chat. I spend a majority of the evening just laughing and shaking my head.

In game, these guys aren't afraid to declare on people for any reason, just make sure you get your ass to the location when a GvG breaks out!!! Every Wednesday and Sunday they make sure everyone who has scrolls gets them done, groups are always mixed with multiple channels to clear up voice chatter.

Everyone is very helpful when it comes to builds and gearing up as well (again, make sure you're in discord chat.) I can't say I'd be enjoying this game as much as I have if I wasn't in this guild, if you've been hesitant on joining a guild or decided to start your own little friend circle guild... stop wasting your time and get in here!

love,
    Jinn (Latulla)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why when I AFK fish now am I getting moved to land by Velia?

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Guessing you're getting PKed if you're outside the safezone, you'll respawn at nearest node or city if I'm not mistaken.

If you're in the safezone? Not sure...

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Good news everyone! Your breath and weight worries are at an end! Auto path looping is being added this morning! So strap on a trade pack or saddle up your prize breeding horse and get to work!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...es-april-08th/

EDIT: its also a bonus exp weekend! Woot!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I like how they crossed out the life/skill bonus exp from their post. Too bad blader isn't out. Would be the perfect weekend for leveling a new character.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Auto path looping
    Been at lvl30 for breath weeks

Only level 3 for weight though, so that's nice! Set up an autoloop when I was home for lunch curious how far 4-5 hours w/ +5 movement speed will get me.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

do horse breeding/training and strength training

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I've been having the "worst" luck with leveling gear.

Decided to finally level up my offhand from 13 -> 15 last night (didn't really decide... was waiting on enough weapon stones.)

I had 15 failstacks left over from a previous series of fails so I pumped in 10 more armor stones into my grunil body armor (that never levels up), and ended up at 25fails. 33 weapon stones later... finally levels to 14... leaving me with 20 weapon stones remaining.

Figured I'd use my old Agerian boots (since I'm migrating to Grunil and the boots are only like 15k on the market at the moment) to gather some failstacks so I didn't waste my 20 remaining weapon stones... end up going from level 10 -> 15 with only using like 15stones (eye twitch...) never got more then 3 failstacks, was aiming for 20fails to start off hand leveling.

I decided to go back to my trusty old Grunil armor, "that never levels!" I said to my self... End up hitting level 13 using 10 stones from lvl8 (eye twitch.)

Should I be happy?!?! lol... I just wanted to upgrade my damn offhand >.<!!! This RNG is not RNG! It is the devil toying with my emotions and eye twitchings!!!

tl;dr There's is no RNG in this game, only the devil...

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Musa (Blader) and Maehwa (Plum) out April 20th

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Bye bye tamer!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lol, I hear that a lot. Wonder how many people are bailing on tamer now

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

I want the ability to make my character in advance!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Got a T6 female

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hnnnnng! Nice! I haven't started horse breeding yet, and Ive been pondering just fishing and saving silver to buy a T5 instead. Just want a faster mount really.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

gotta say musa is a lot of fun.