Blog Entries

They only drop from NMs.
    http://www.ffxidb.com/items/1592

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    500k for hexed gear synth is cheap ass, I was throwing that amount away to get skill ups on wootz amoods to 105 in smithing on each synth, and thats a lvl 75 weapon that sells ass ¬.¬. Consider yourself lucky. I am facing now 1.5 Milliong per synth... and later 2.5 Million
    1.5m per synth is pretty scary if you ask me I might not be swimming on Gil.. but even if you had lets say... 20m sounds good for someone above the average on gil .. I am not sure that would be enough to get 1 single level.

I read that some people here has above 50m but I would consider that percentage of ppl really low and might be the ones that are getting their crafts to 100.

And the bad thing about alchemy is that as far as I see only the hexed nails look atractive. (Or the head if someone is stu.. "weird" enough to pay 100000000 for 1 sinlge tic of refreh...)

Because the body and the legs dont look so nice even with the abdals augments imo.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    They only drop from NMs.
    http://www.ffxidb.com/items/1592
    must have been thinking of arm then ><

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    500k for hexed gear synth is cheap ass, I was throwing that amount away to get skill ups on wootz amoods to 105 in smithing on each synth, and thats a lvl 75 weapon that sells ass ¬.¬. Consider yourself lucky. I am facing now 1.5 Milliong per synth... and later 2.5 Million
    Shit consider yourself lucky!!! I'm facing 2.5 now and 7+ mil synths later... and they all useless hexed items too

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

At least you can make stuff. WW makes absolute crap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh no it's crap too. Just very very expensive crap.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by takito09 View Post
    1.5m per synth is pretty scary if you ask me I might not be swimming on Gil.. but even if you had lets say... 20m sounds good for someone above the average on gil .. I am not sure that would be enough to get 1 single level.

I read that some people here has above 50m but I would consider that percentage of ppl really low and might be the ones that are getting their crafts to 100.

And the bad thing about alchemy is that as far as I see only the hexed nails look atractive. (Or the head if someone is stu.. "weird" enough to pay 100000000 for 1 sinlge tic of refreh...)

Because the body and the legs dont look so nice even with the abdals augments imo.
    The other problem is that scraletite ingot is also used by leathercrafters (not only smithers) and that taffeta cloth is also used by various other crafts, and only drops form a random pop NM In bostinoux oubliet, which is now perma camped by RMT. 10-12 cloths enter the market per day MAX. and those are sought by at least 10-15 crafters according to ffxiah. sale history.

Seriously the logic behind those synth is beyond bogus and non existent. If they would have added the ingridients to chocobo digging, mining etc etc. as rare there would be a chance to see more materials, but its just 1 shitty NM.
    Its like the classic Ground Kings bottleneck, 1NM that drops thigns for 3920392039203923920 people.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    At least you can make stuff. WW makes absolute crap.
    are you high?

103 Jacaranda Lumber (10k / synth)
    106 Isula Sideboard (maybe 60k / synth)
    108 Flete Pole (150k / synth)
    110 Planus Table (maybe 200k / synth)

Compare that to:
    Bonecraft
    102 Blenmot's Ring (needs a shitton of anima which you most likely will have to farm)
    103 Gavial Mail (not so expensive, but depending how your server stocks up HQ scales / titanictus shells, you might need to resort to fishing)
    104 Dark Ixion Ferrule (50k/synth, only 1 source of horns, and it appears once per 24h)
    104 Hydra Mail (significantly more expensive than gavial mail due to karakul leather, hydra scale supply can be sporadic too)
    105 Dux Finger Gauntlets (120k/synth)
    107 Dux Scale Mail (170k/synth, turtle shells are a very rough supply, and you need 3 per synth)
    110 Hexed Jacket (3 mil per synth, needs 2 t1VW / legion drops)

the mats for the WW items are more readily available it seems also

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    are you high?

103 Jacaranda Lumber (10k / synth)
    106 Isula Sideboard (maybe 60k / synth)
    108 Flete Pole (150k / synth)
    110 Planus Table (maybe 200k / synth)

Compare that to:
    Bonecraft
    102 Blenmot's Ring (needs a shitton of anima which you most likely will have to farm)
    103 Gavial Mail (not so expensive, but depending how your server stocks up HQ scales / titanictus shells, you might need to resort to fishing)
    104 Dark Ixion Ferrule (50k/synth, only 1 source of horns, and it appears once per 24h)
    104 Hydra Mail (significantly more expensive than gavial mail due to karakul leather, hydra scale supply can be sporadic too)
    105 Dux Finger Gauntlets (120k/synth)
    107 Dux Scale Mail (170k/synth, turtle shells are a very rough supply, and you need 3 per synth)
    110 Hexed Jacket (3 mil per synth, needs 2 t1VW / legion drops)

the mats for the WW items are more readily available it seems also
    woodworking looks like a joke. thats even less the amount of gil i had to spent on smithing to 105

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think he was commenting more on "What do I make at 110?" than "How do I get to 110?" What are they going to do, HQ some Furniture for sick profit? They can't even hit Tier 3 on Elemental Staves.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think he was commenting more on "What do I make at 110?" than "How do I get to 110?" What are they going to do, HQ some Furniture for sick profit? They can't even hit Tier 3 on Elemental Staves.
    ok that is a point, since if you dont have anything to make or gain benefit from at 110 there is also no reason to get it there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah that's what I thought he was talking about too... but I was talking about gold so still pointless to lvl . But cost 30times as much lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

100-110 Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought he was talking about too... but I was talking about gold so still pointless to lvl . But cost 30times as much lol
    it would be less painfull if they would have added those ingridients to chocobo digging mining etc. but as pointed out many times the synth cap rise was done without much thought behind it.

would be actually nice to update some olde areas in regards to chocobo digging, mining logging etc.
    make stuff like adaman ore, khroma ore common, and adding stuff like scarletite ingot etc. as rare items ( ores)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ok after checking other crafts I am not going to complain again about 600k synths anymore ><... (At least your hexed gear looks more useful than the alchemy one )

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Mostly @Takito

I have thought about server transferring for cheaper squamas, but I am sure in the end the price will just rise on the new server so meh. Squamas are 1.2m each and rising on Odin and still highly contested. I wouldn't be shocked if they are eventually atleast 2m each. Either way I am out ahead of the Odin pack with 109.7 skill and popped my second Hexed Doublet -1 tonight .

I do think you you underestimate the amount of gil most "serious" players/crafters have though. 20-50m really is nothing, look at the number of relics or 95 empys most players have now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

110 cooking last night ^^

105 Woodworking an jacaranda logs are giving me a headache.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought I had read somewhere that the sideboards were 105 cap cuz that's where I stopped at with them.

How about Goldsmithing recipes for 100-110?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Considering the only craftable item has been found, I'm going to guess they weren't added.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Considering the only craftable item has been found, I'm going to guess they weren't added.
    I crawled through the data several times, the only items I can find are on the BGWiki list, and it seems to match Julian's list.