1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optimal Video Settings?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Optimal Video Settings?

I'm hoping to get some help on what might be the best mix of video settings in 14 for my setup. Here's what I'm running.

i5 2500k (not overclocked)
    Radeon HD 6850
    8g ram

I'll be testing things out but if anyone's running something similar and can give some advice that'd be great. Benchmark score was either 3780 or 3870, so the upper middle range.

Don't bother trying to optimize your setup for the current engine, it's horribly designed and no one gets the performance they should be.

Wait for the 2.0 engine which (fingers crossed) won't be made of spaghetti and lego blocks.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with it too much. Just be sure Ambient Occlusion is off and the general draw quality or whatever it's called isn't above 8 and the game should run as good as it's going to get on that setup.