Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Independence Day 2: Resurgence (June 16, 2016)

I'm very curious to see what director Roland Emmerich and producer Dean Devlin are planning for the two Independence Day sequels they've been writing. They've previously said that they've come up with a great idea, and they are working on pushing the films into production. Devlin wasn't really interested in doing a sequel at one point because he didn't like any of the ideas he came up with,

Until about a year and a half ago when Roland called me up and said, 'Let's try again.' So we went out to Palm Springs and we cracked it. We said, 'That's a real sequel. That's a sequel that makes sense to do. That's a sequel that won't disappoint the fans. That one feels like we always intended to do that in the first place.' So I want it to happen.
    In a recent interview with with FilmStarts via Bleeding Cool, Emmerich revealed that the titles of the next two films would be ID Forever - Part 1 and ID Forever - Part 2. He also says that the plan is to shot the movies in 2D but upconvert them into 3D.

There's still no guarantee that these movies will be made, though. Apparently, Fox has been trying to to get these back-to-back sequels in production, but Will Smith is reportedly asking for $50 million for the projects, and it doesn't look like Fox is willing to pay that. So who knows if these movies are going to happen or not. You can't make them without Will Smith. The director went on to say,

It's a tough battle between the studio and the actors. But you have a right idea, which was quite unique, and it is therefore worth it to keep trying.
    In another interview with Total Film, Devlin talked about how he and Emmerich watched the original film again, and explained how it helped them in developing these sequels,

The thing that really hit me about the movie is how much love there is in it: between the characters; that the filmmakers had making it; that the cast had for each other. As we're approaching a sequel we're focusing on that aspect of it. Because I think that was really the key as to why it worked for everyone. It was lovable.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/9/12...-revealed.html
    http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18475033.html
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/...and-3d-shamed/
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/dean-d...pendence-day-2

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No. Just no.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i'd watch

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Will Smith wants 50m? Pay the man, any movie he's in is an automatic blockbuster you fucking Jews.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Independence Day Forever

They're looking for a quick nostalgia buck, I don't think they give a crap.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

notsureifwant

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Looks like they wanted to do this a long time ago but didn't because they couldn't write a story they felt was good enough. If they think they got it down now, I'm all for it.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Looks like they wanted to do this a long time ago but didn't because they couldn't write a story they felt was good enough. If they think they got it down now, I'm all for it.
    This, I'd go see it

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not really concerned that much about the story. Give me Will Smith and Goldblum fighting against aliens and I'll be happy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Director Roland Emmerich and his producer Dean Devlin have been working hard on bringing us two follow-ups to Independence Day. It seems like it's going to happen, but Emmerich is also looking to go beyond those two sequels. He revealed in a recent Q&A session during the Hero Complex Film Festival that he hopes to see a whole series of films get made. It was also revealed that Jeff Goldblum is expected to return. /Film was on hand to get some of that info.

When asked where the sequel currently stood, Devlin had this to say:

Roland and I would really like to do one. We have some pretty darn good ideas on how to do one and, hopefully, that will all come together. A lot of things have to align. The planets have to piece together and if they do, it’ll happen.
    They then confirmed that Goldblum's character has a place in their story and that he's expected to return. Emmerich then goes on to talk about building a mythology that would allow for them to make more than one sequel.

That’s actually what we talked a lot about. The mythology of why did the aliens come in the first place, what is the bigger story of this whole thing? And we talked a lot about swarm intelligence. And [the humans] are individual intelligence. Even though we kill each other and have wars against each other, we have something special. We have this domino human spirit to believe in good and over coming enemies. And it’s a little bit about that and when you get a bigger mythology going, I think then you have the chance to do not only one or two or three but you can create a series and that’s what we want to do.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/13...day-films.html
    http://www.slashfilm.com/roland-emme...ted-to-returm/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The film has been officially greenlit, Production starts in May 2015
    http://deadline.com/2014/11/independ...ht-1201298276/

Jeff Goldblum & Bill Pullman are the only two actors from the last film, so far, that are set to return.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

AidenCarby, After Earth and wild wild west were pretty bad

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Must have will Smith

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I look forward to seeing what movie ends up rising from the ashes of Stargate 3.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The film has been officially greenlit, Production starts in May 2015
    http://deadline.com/2014/11/independ...ht-1201298276/

Jeff Goldblum & Bill Pullman are the only two actors from the last film, so far, that are set to return.
    Goldblum's good enough for me.

I bet Will wanted to somehow stick his dipshit of a son in this one instead

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i want to punch jaden in the face, so badly

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

If jaden is in the movie. Instantly never seeing it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    Must have will Smith
    will Smith choose not to return, "it's not the right thing for him"
    I’m not sure of the reasons why Will ultimately decided not to do it. You’d have to ask him. I think he was just at a place where he did seriously consider it. We had a lot of meetings with him, but at the end of the day he decided that doing this wasn’t right for him.
    ID3 put on hold, will film after the Stargate reboot
    We decided just to do one first to make sure that people like where we’re going. If that works well, there’s an ability to do some world building which would be really fun and interesting to do. I think Roland and everybody felt, let’s just make sure 20 years later that people still are interested. I think in our case, we started to feel that maybe we were being a little bit arrogant by assuming that we could do two movies. We said you know what, let’s scale it down. Let’s first make sure that it works for everyone.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until we finish Independence Day for that. Roland wants to direct that one [Stargate] too. Hopefully we go into that right afterwards.
    http://www.nerdreport.com/2014/12/04...quels-at-once/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Stargate reboot?!

Fuck. Yes.

+ Reply to Thread