1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: NEW TGS 2012 Trailer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

LOOK ME IN THE INTERNET-EYES AND TELL ME THAT'S NOT SOMETHING THEY MIGHT DO KURO.

http://media.fakeposters.com/results...qfi6jq3kcz.jpg

Stand strong Kuro! D:<< Yoshi P will not let us down!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A gambit system is the perfect way to deal with a pet class... I really hope they considered this for Arcanist/Summoner/etc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I hope it's a Gambit system plus a few commands. Gambit system is great and all, but I would've liked to give my puppet more direct commands from time to time than just maneuvers in FFXI.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, yeah, the best parts about gambits were that you could easily control how your NPC targeted aggressive mobs (very important), and it cut out the tedious crap that you would obviously want/need to do, like casting Poisona on someone with Poison, or Dispel on a mob with Protect. I'm just hoping they consider this system for dealing with automatic engagement/auto-attacking and basic skills.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Way back when my friend was hoping they'd do a gambit-style system. She was a big fan of mabinogi which has pets that you can script to do different things. I can only imagine them doing Pup at some point, they already have a default puppet model.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    1-3 drops is referring to Spiked Armguards and such.
    Why would you think that? Doesn't make a lot of sense for raid bosses to drop NPC junk that's strictly limited in quantity.

edit: also I'm wondering how this

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    - Depending on what class you start as, your starting city will be locked to where that class' guild is located. (ex: If you start off as a MRD, you start in Limsa)
    will work for already made chars. I'm actually not sure what class I started as but assume someone started as an ARC in Ul'dah; will their quest log be reset and the Grid quests open up afterwards or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    will work for already made chars. I'm actually not sure what class I started as but assume someone started as an ARC in Ul'dah; will their quest log be reset and the Grid quests open up afterwards or something?

It could go a couple of ways really, and it's all really semantic.

One way, since we're being allowed to recreate our characters, is that they allow us to reassign city-state "alleigiance". Since our characters are already tied to Grand Companies, this wouldn't really have much of an effect. They could then just either pop you into the city state you chose as your newly assigned, or just poop you out at the city state of which ever class you just so happen to log out on Nov 1.

The fact that we're having to regrab all our Aytherite camps again, begs the question if we'll have the City State ones saved, although one could care less; hop on airship, boom you're there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They have already stated that they would not be changing pre-existing characters' starting nations.

While it is possible that they'll go back on that word, I don't think it's likely.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Won't the main story missions no longer be tied to starting nation in ARR?

Thought I remember reading the main scenerio will be the same across the board for everyone. If so, starting city really won't matter, but still curious they would take the choice away from the players.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

NEW TGS 2012 Trailer

It's just another illusion of choice when all's said and done. Most other mmos force start nation based on race or class. From there the "main stories" all end up down the same path anyway. Taking away that option for current characters is just a farce then. They should do whatever needs to be done and leave it at that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, even in 1.0 the main city only affected a couple of first missions.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I figured they would just force everyone to pick a new starting class but if what Raldo said is true about locking current players to where we are now then it seems they'll just skip that part of the character creation process.

I thought the main story was completely new in ARR so losing progress wouldn't be an issue because that content won't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Why would you think that? Doesn't make a lot of sense for raid bosses to drop NPC junk that's strictly limited in quantity.

edit: also I'm wondering how this

If it was the case, I would not be surprised. I give SE no benefit of the doubt and no credit to do the right thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I thought the main story was completely new in ARR so losing progress wouldn't be an issue because that content won't exist.
    It's not completely now afair. They will change some stuff in the previous missions, but I think we will be continuing with the same stuff in the general sense.

It would seem to me that there HAS to be new storyline missions from level 1. All the story line missions we've done thus for in 1.0 have all built up to when they added Grand Company. It would seem extremely out of place for all the cutscenes to mention the Garlean acivity the way it does.

ie. New characters will never experience the same story arc we did in 1.0. It will probably be a completely new missions, part of the same arc, but for 1.0 players it is just a continuation.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm pretty sure they said they've all but scrapped the main storyline from 1.0, but maintaining characters/themes. I do remember them specifically saying that they are going to keep and/or expand upon some elements that were introduced through it (the Ascians, for example).

Man that ONE Ascian, such a great cutscene, it actually gave you hope for Endgame, of which there was none. We haven't seen another glimpse of one. Coarse mobs were quite my favorite in XI. Despite that one asshole only ever dropping Zoolander Hats.

I got Bando's after killing him like 4-5 times randomly. O.kote+1 ftw.

<3 that guy.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said they've all but scrapped the main storyline from 1.0, but maintaining characters/themes. I do remember them specifically saying that they are going to keep and/or expand upon some elements that were introduced through it (the Ascians, for example).
    They have said the opposite, they said the storyline is staying but extensively tweaking it to fit the new lore by adding new characters, giving existing characters special clothes etc and changing the pacing so it doesn't come across as so confusing. We are 'continuing' the storyline in 2.0 and the new players are going to get an amended version of the early storyline. It was just mentioned in the gamewatch interview they are even planning to use the same Cutscene (voice and everything) they made in 1.0 for titan fight that never got released. That's why the nation you originally started as will not be allowed be changed because its just continuing where it left off. Think the main thing that is going to be different is the pace of the mission themselves where solo and group battles will be necessary and there will be less stretching of the storyline across levels so they don't have the same problem in 1.0 where there was massive stretches where no new missions were available and when they finally were you forgot the story.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    They have said the opposite, they said the storyline is staying but extensively tweaking it to fit the new lore by adding new characters, giving existing characters special clothes etc and changing the pacing so it doesn't come across as so confusing. We are 'continuing' the storyline in 2.0 and the new players are going to get an amended version of the early storyline. It was just mentioned in the gamewatch interview they are even planning to use the same Cutscene (voice and everything) they made in 1.0 for titan fight that never got released. That's why the nation you originally started as will not be allowed be changed because its just continuing where it left off. Think the main thing that is going to be different is the pace of the mission themselves where solo and group battles will be necessary and there will be less stretching of the storyline across levels so they don't have the same problem in 1.0 where there was massive stretches where no new missions were available and when they finally were you forgot the story.
    and no more parley!