1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TGS 2012 Trailer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki View Post
    The more I see of 2.0 the less exited I get about it. :/
    I feel the same tbh, I'm still waiting for them to announce some features that are unique/exciting. Yoshida's got a lot of great ideas and that but I feel like he's looking back at last-gen MMOs too much compared with looking forward at the next gen which is already starting to appear (Imo, GW2 could be considered a next-gen MMO over games like WoW in a lot of ways). I can't help but feel like the game's going to be held back by programming that isn't up to par with newer western games (not being able to include projectiles in a 2011/2012 game seems crazy, but might change I suppose).

At this point I think storylines and cutscene-based quests are what I'm most interested in, but we've yet to see the new dungeons/chocobo raising/housing/primals or w/e in action yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Are the JP forums also complaining about the framerate dips in the video?
    Not as loud as the NA forums, but yeah, somewhat.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I keep trying to tell myself it's going to be a game I'll enjoy. But from what I've seen so far, I'm having doubts. They've taken too much from other games at this point. I saw the LIVE letter and the first thing through my mind was "that looks exactly like WoW with a different skin." I know he's said a lot of the inspiration came from such games, but being original, even just a little bit, counts for a lot in today's world. And no, I'm not saying World of FF would be a terrible thing, because in the end it wouldn't. But there are improvements to be made to any model, and right now I see only a copy.

Also the continued slips from them, such as this recent trailer, only says to me they aren't paying as much attention as they could be.

The fact that we're shutting down 1.0 already seems too soon. 2.0 is still quite horrid from the looks of it. But then again who knows what they have planned between now and actual release. Or how long they'll let the alpha/beta run.

Staying faithful in hopes I'm not let down.

Think they should have left that trailer pulled, that was embarrassing

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

FusionX confirmed with SE that it was not the PS3 version... This could only mean either the game really is that bright/saturated or that was also due to a bad encode.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys gotta realize the marketing and PR departments are the ones making this shit and releasing it. I doubt Yoshi-P would have allowed it.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NEW TGS 2012 Trailer

How is that not the PS3 version, really hope Yoshi releases something to clarify what happened there. >.<

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Daaaaamn... This is what FF should look like:

http://steparu.com/images/stories/0912/bdpa/26.jpg

Saw that and didn't know where to post. It's from some new MMO. Trailer on youtube but theres framerate dips like a motherfucker in it. Was being compared to FFXIV's trailer on OF.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Still waiting for one of those gorgeous korean MMOs not to have shitty gameplay/story/art style [in most cases], maybe one day

Is there any particular reason why their MMOs seem to have such better quality graphics than western/japanese MMOs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Koreans. They always go crazy with their graphics and their art is awesome, too bad the games themselves are rarely interesting in the long run.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Haven't read through entire thread, not sure if been reposted

/e this is the video i believe was taken down from page1

http://kotaku.com/5944790/final-fant...zles-and-bores

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Always turns into a soul sucking grind... Thats what Koreans like though.

Ok now Kagari confirms it's the PS3 version: http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3545

Not sure who to believe but I'll say this... The graphics in that trailer look way different than what I saw from the live letter and anniversary event

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NEW TGS 2012 Trailer

I'm going with PS3 cause, well... Hope.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    How is that not the PS3 version, really hope Yoshi releases something to clarify what happened there. >.<

It was footage taken from a pre-alpha build and made into a trailer. Current build looks a million times better. It is the PC version though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I imagine Yoshi is going to have a sit-down with the marketing department after this air biscuit of a trailer.

They pretty much just took all of the footage they had already showed us (which was great) and sprinkled throughout completely unnecessary and very boring clips of players waving to each other which only served to make the game look worse... then encoded it so the entire thing is choppy as shit.

Again, I don't understand who would have given this the green light, even within a separate marketing entity. I imagine the guy in charge was probably just told by his team that it was just crappy YouTube service killing the frame-rate and he believed it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    It was footage taken from a pre-alpha build and made into a trailer. Current build looks a million times better. It is the PC version though.
    How does that makes any sense.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    How does that makes any sense.
    How does it not make sense?

Marketing department spliced together a new trailer using old footage from an old build of the game. Marketing and PR at SE are dumb as a bag of donkey shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Considering the fact that Yoshi talked about his 'three pillars' approach in EVERY INTERVIEW he did for 2.0 post-announcement, it sure would be nice to get a bit of ingame storyline cutscenes to spice up trailers if they're going to fill space with stupid sweeping views of areas we've already seen. Obviously it's all about showing the general gaming community gameplay and how REBORN stuff is, but I'd like to actually see some story considering that's what FF games are supposedly about.

Marketing and PR at SE are dumb as a bag of donkey shit.
    So true

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

SE needs to start showing off more gameplay if they want to get people hyped up.. Not talking about shit we saw in the live letter - I'm talking about PvP, player housing, and maybe even a glimpse of what the Crystal Tower looks like with a shot of a the group about to engage a boss. And all of this... ALL OF IT must be done with the UI in motion. They need to start showing that off more.

People running through fields waving at each other and fighting random mobs isn't going to cut it unfortunately.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Marketing department spliced together a new trailer using old footage from an old build of the game. Marketing and PR at SE are dumb as a bag of donkey shit.
    Exactly what I find hard to believe. We had basically the same stuff in better quality, aside of a couple of new shots. You'd have to be retarded to use older stuff. Sorry, not buying that even them are so insane.

Personally, I'm more inclined to go with the PS3 ver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast