1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TGS 2012 Trailer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Something just occurred to me:

Even if the PS3 version comes out on time, with the next-gen consoles likely coming next year, SE had better hope the PS4 has some robust backwards compatibility.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

marketing booboo then?

i expect this video to be pulled and a new one replacing it in its stead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

Even if the PS3 version comes out on time, with the next-gen consoles likely coming next year, SE had better hope the PS4 has some robust backwards compatibility.
    If their engine is as good and flexible as they say they can just port it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're letting hope blind you then.

They already said PS3 content will not be shown until October.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sometimes hope is all you have in this sad world ;<

Well shit, apparently S-E PR Manager confirmed it's the PC version. S-E stop doing shitty stuff like that, ehhh, it's time to step-up the game, not the othert way round.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Damn. I feel bad for Yoshi. Dude can't even delegate a simple task like putting together a TGS trailer without something going wrong. Also, they do need to show us something exciting and new in their trailers.

I have a hard time believing that Yoshi approved that to be shown, esp after the wait to show previous footage.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

i blame the grass

Relic Shield
    BG Level

"this is a pre alpha dev-build of the PC version", "I'm sure they have another release version without bugs".

My time machine works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yoshi-Rein translation:

Producer/Director Yoshida here,

The material is older than the Producer Letter Live and lighting is not complete, and in parts some are being adjusted still and this goes for hair, neck physics and facial.

Up to this part we already had in mind due to the timing we gathered these materials. But the frame drop in the movie was not something planned so currently we are investigating. Today (or more like yesterday) I went to TGS stage and checked but from the one shown on stage there is no issue so it's most likely encoding error.

I really apologize for this basic miss but once the issue is confirmed we will update you.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The Devs needs to get a youtube app for their phones.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Welp good to know it was an encoding error... But why the fuck would they use old footage to make a brand new trailer? What have they been doing that last 2-3 weeks? -_-

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Welp good to know it was an encoding error... But why the fuck would they use old footage to make a brand new trailer? What have they been doing that last 2-3 weeks? -_-
    Again, it's the marketing department. They march to the beat of their own broken, out of tune drum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems Yoshi is trying to do at least some small damage control on the jp forums, what with all the posts today ^^;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Reminds me a lot of that cancelled SE game "Fortress".

You're assuming Sony is going to be ready to put out a new console within a year. Even if "next gen" comes out next year, (though I would wager more like 2-3 years), you're also assuming that the tech jump will be big enough where Square-Enix would have trouble porting it over...which I also doubt would be the case in both respects.

I'm going with a crappy encode of early, maybe even test level, PS3 footage for the trailer. It just seems too rough with some of the polished stuff they've shown in Germany and the Live Letter to be much of anything else. It was pretty dumb to not have your marketing arm up to date with current stuff considering so much of this relaunch is hinging on rebranding it.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Again, it's the marketing department. They march to the beat of their own broken, out of tune drum.
    This so much... Also those trailers are done way far in advance so marketing can "ok" them. We know that they have been updating the shaders since before the pre-alpha playable demo they showed, for all we know the shaders are turned off for that part of the footage because they looked wonkier with it turned on.

The two second clip of the miqo with the water behind her was nice though :-/

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Reminds me a lot of that cancelled SE game "Fortress".

You're assuming Sony is going to be ready to put out a new console within a year. Even if "next gen" comes out next year, (though I would wager more like 2-3 years), you're also assuming that the tech jump will be big enough where Square-Enix would have trouble porting it over...which I also doubt would be the case in both respects.
    I guess technically, they could re-release it as a PS4 native game. But even if they did, that would mean that the PS3 development was kind of wasted... particularly compared to their return on investment for PS2 XI.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

At least they're actually marketing the game. SE chronically under-advertises in North America.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Yoshi said that the new engine had portability for future consoles.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I guess technically, they could re-release it as a PS4 native game. But even if they did, that would mean that the PS3 development was kind of wasted... particularly compared to their return on investment for PS2 XI.
    I'd agree with you on paper, but from what I'm reading about DQ-X, which recently released on the Wii but will also be a Wii-U launch(?) title (maybe not launch?) is generating a lot of excitement and good PR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast