FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They need to adjust relic WS, theyre mostly terribad

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    With the attack we have now, Kaiten says hello \(^_^)_/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

So exciting! I wonder what the new wildskeeper looks like, I assume its the Tiger thing on the art. Hopefully I can get to use my Tizona again someday lol. Also I'm sure they will announce "New Blue Magic is available to learn" in the update notes, they never tell us what they are.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Reposado View Post
    Most doesn't mean all. Fudo spam with mythic though would be interesting. Actually think some mythic ws might be good again with the mythic weapons

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Reposado View Post
    You mean Fudo, with Tsurumaru

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fucking SAMs with their STR modifier on the relic ws. Scourge Georskogul are fucking disgusting weapon skills and don't get me started on Aftermath. At least Kaiten gets something more useful than Shock Spikes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Make real polearm, use real polearm WS

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    You mean Fudo, with Tsurumaru
    Really depends on the base damage I guess. The 40% WS damage boost on Kaiten just might be enough to save it still. On paper it looks bad, who knows, will just have to wait and see.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

for ex. before SOA, Final Heave could do almost same damage as SS 1900sh vs 2200sh, FH could spike higher. now with Oat, SS normal damage w/o all delve buff(songs/rolls) is near ~4500, with spikes of 5k-8k depending multi-atk proc

now with all the ilvl/stats thing, I really wanna see the dmg of FH and Victory Smite...

Guess will ahve to work on getting Almace 90 to unlock the WS -_-...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Fucking SAMs with their STR modifier on the relic ws. Scourge Georskogul are fucking disgusting weapon skills and don't get me started on Aftermath. At least Kaiten gets something more useful than Shock Spikes.
    So 99 ur relic, bump to ilvl119, spam stardiver while getting 3x dmg melee shots. Not like u were using geir before...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well part of the 'draw' of a a R/E/M is the special attribute/WS/Aftermath of the weapon. Gungnir's DEF down has not been addressed(overwrites Angon; is weaker than Angon, the aftermath is a 12 damage shock spikes that rarely stuns level 50 mobs and a WS with an AGI modifier). The 2.5x damage is something like 16% which is nice but they're also lowering the base damage. I guess the real benefit of most relics will be the huge acc/atk boost. They said it would be IL119 so expect the same +combat skill, 2h relics will probably get another 50-60acc boost and 30-40 attack added on top, unless they make the added bonuses(the blind/att down/def down) on 2handed relics better or enhance/alter their aftermaths to make them slighly more than worthless. Especially Gungnirs. And I'm not really biased, at least Bravura's/Apocalypse/Ragnarok's/Amano's AMs are situationally useful, I've tested shockspikes for weeks and could not get the stun proc rate above 2-3% on anything and the damage it deals is 12-16.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They're ignoring Gungnir for the same reasons they're ignoring a handful of BLU's spells. It's never going to happen, make a Ryu

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I would make a Ryu if I was younger and didn't have grad school. I don't have the time or patience to do Assaults/Einherjar/Nyzul every day for that shit. I just want them to update relic aftermaths because they were added in like 2004 and job roles have drastically changed, additionally the weapon skills are extremely generic 1hit ws with 3.0 fTPs with outrageously retarded modifiers. CHR on a GS WS? AGI on Polearm?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im sorry
    But dealwithit.gif seems most applicable. If you think your weapon sucks, its better than claustrum or sch mythic

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well unless SE is really lazy I'd imagine them putting magic dmg on claustrum

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Well part of the 'draw' of a a R/E/M is the special attribute/WS/Aftermath of the weapon. Gungnir's DEF down has not been addressed(overwrites Angon; is weaker than Angon, the aftermath is a 12 damage shock spikes that rarely stuns level 50 mobs and a WS with an AGI modifier). The 2.5x damage is something like 16% which is nice but they're also lowering the base damage. I guess the real benefit of most relics will be the huge acc/atk boost. They said it would be IL119 so expect the same +combat skill, 2h relics will probably get another 50-60acc boost and 30-40 attack added on top, unless they make the added bonuses(the blind/att down/def down) on 2handed relics better or enhance/alter their aftermaths to make them slighly more than worthless. Especially Gungnirs. And I'm not really biased, at least Bravura's/Apocalypse/Ragnarok's/Amano's AMs are situationally useful, I've tested shockspikes for weeks and could not get the stun proc rate above 2-3% on anything and the damage it deals is 12-16.
    we dont really know if they keeping same AFTERMATH... I really hope.. they evaluate them -_-... lol about Aditional Effect.. well -_-... who knows...

Would be nice to see at least a little reworking of some of the effects. I want to believe that it took them over half a year to come out with this because they were actually looking at each weapon and not that it took them that long to figure out how much DMG and skill they should give each one when their players could figure that out in a single afternoon.

yes i know they had other content to work on, but still

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Rudra storm with my mandau?!? Oh my
    This might be enough to make me resub. Might.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hopefully yeah, they updated relics to fit in 2013. Relics were weird by 2004 standards too, Claustrum, Gungnir and Mjollnir were always terrible aside from being the highest base damage weapons of their category none of them offered anything unique or groundbreaking like Aegis or Apoc did. I like the different relics have different aftermaths unlike Emp/Mythic aftermaths but relic aftermaths are just disgustingly unbalanced. The ones that are useful at least(strictly talking AM) are Mandau's/Apoc's/Scourge(even if it's weaker than Reso, the AM is still useable), Bravura/Amano/Excalibur/Guttler. Claustrum's could be useful if it lasted longer. 8mp/tick refresh for 20 seconds is what like...50 MP?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gungnir wasn't always terrible(by comparison), Aegis wasn't always groundbreaking, Apocalypse's usefulness has always been dramatically overstated, etc.

Things change, but the individual properties of the weapons(aside from maybe Claustrum to fit in with their new staff paradigm) are probably never changing. But really, who cares? Let them worry about things that may actually add some life to the game.