BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Anything new on the JP front slycer? I hope someone asks them if the new SPs are coming in this update.
    Well, it's not about timing, but it's about PUP, so maybe you're still interested, heh.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5496052

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Well, it's not about timing, but it's about PUP, so maybe you're still interested, heh.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5496052
    Good stuff Overdrive has been a very weak 2 hr since its inception since it has such a long recast time and while the maneuver bonus is nice, the time to set it up properly and get the most out of it can be overly difficult. I think strengthening the automaton stats themselves ( doesn't Famaliar do this?) would make it more worthwhile.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Here you go, confirmation that new SPs will NOT be in this version update:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5496070

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Here you go, confirmation that new SPs will NOT be in this version update:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5496070
    Damn.... I guess neo salvage will be enough then. Very disappointing but I do wonder what the post next week will be about.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I didn't really expect the amount of defensiveness/mad that I perceive is coming out of the JP side based on Matsui's responses. I guess they're pissed at the total lack of content since Abyssea as well?

If they add the Embrava nerf and not the changes to NNI which I assume should be easy as fuck to do (just change sum digitz?) then they are morons. I am looking forward to coming back and doing NNI at 5 80s for a piece but if that's 3 months away they've lost $80 from me alone.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We are still planning to implement the adjustments to Tabula Rasa and Perfect Defense, as well as the corresponding content adjustments, in the next version update.
    Corresponding adjustments = NNI lamp lockout / jumps / astaria, Legion/Odin HP reduction

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, they've actually always treated all those items as one single adjustment. In fact, if you look at the SE forum PD/Embrava nerf page, all of those content changes are discussed on that same page, even though the title is PD/Embrava nerf. Those content adjustments will definitely happen together with the PD/Embrava nerf.

That being said, while those adjustments may work out for Nyzul, they won't be nearly enough to compensate for the loss of Embrava/PD efficiency in Legion or for Odin, so I'd imagine those two things will become considerably more difficult for the time being until the new SPs are introduced.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It may hurt Odin if people use a melee strategy on that because pretty much no one in range of his TP moves can maintain any buff other than Embrava at the moment and people use PD to zerg the last 50%. However, I think this will just push the focus to a ranger strategy.

For Legion it means the bards have to swap to the mage party to keep the Scholars hasted and the Tier 2 Behemoth will be harder, but otherwise nothing changes.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They seem to be teasing something for next week though that is going to address the version update and the Embrava / PD changes. Maybe they are going to temporarily weaken certain content until the SPs are ready?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have a feeling they're just going to go into more detail on Salvage and Meeble Burrows since we really haven't heard much about either.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I hope they put some finished salvage content on the test server, so it can you know, be tested before it goes live, not just "does the initial pathos lamp removal work in all 4 zones", and then all of a sudden we find out that Zhayolm boss's discoid is 444,000 damage.

edit: might as well throw in an extra 4 in there

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I hope they put some finished salvage content on the test server, so it can you know, be tested before it goes live, not just "does the initial pathos lamp removal work in all 4 zones", and then all of a sudden we find out that Zhayolm boss's discoid is 444,000 damage.

Finally, a use for Ninja!

I hope they add it to the test server so they can confirm that their NMs actually pop properly so that people arn't entering and getting jack shit in return for the first 2 months its live.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Finally, a use for Ninja!

I hope they add it to the test server so they can confirm that their NMs actually pop properly so that people arn't entering and getting jack shit in return for the first 2 months its live.
    This is exactly what they are going to do. Content!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It may hurt Odin if people use a melee strategy on that because pretty much no one in range of his TP moves can maintain any buff other than Embrava at the moment and people use PD to zerg the last 50%. However, I think this will just push the focus to a ranger strategy.

For Legion it means the bards have to swap to the mage party to keep the Scholars hasted and the Tier 2 Behemoth will be harder, but otherwise nothing changes.
    Depends on your SCH's build.

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=279171

With that, you should be at ~6-8s (not recalling which) with just haste. If you're doing a non-Mul chamber, you can lock one of the SCHs and have Embrava the entire run.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh man. Overdrive adjustment has potential to be pretty huge for Pup. One of Pup's biggest issues has always been a total lack of on-demand damage. The whole "damage is split between master and auto equally" was one of those ideals that never panned out, and meant that they were afraid of giving either the auto or the master a zerg friendly ability.

Overdrive's nicest function is the haste bonus (noticeable when you're stacking it high with gear and a turbo charger). So this has the potential to be pretty awesome in conjunction with the new SP. Some badass synergy with MS/HF and whatever bonuses new Overdrive will get.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

NIN's SP2 getting buffed to 45 seconds amuses me. Increasing attack rounds based on number of shadows? Better make that last long enough to get some use out of it. SP that buffs total HP? Nah that's too overpowered, better make it 30 seconds. Don't want people actually living through some of that AoE spam.

How long is the duration on SAM's god mode?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post

Actually Nynja, the new event is essential savage, just with higher level mobs. I don't think they was a need to test what has been working for the event the past few years. I do think they just wanted to make sure you can enter the zones properly and the new lamp pathos removal system worked. The fact they haven't added salvage gear to the test server may mean they actually want us to be surprised by the gear and develop new strategies after the event is implemented and not before, like what the test server did to MB.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    NIN's SP2 getting buffed to 45 seconds amuses me. Increasing attack rounds based on number of shadows? Better make that last long enough to get some use out of it. SP that buffs total HP? Nah that's too overpowered, better make it 30 seconds. Don't want people actually living through some of that AoE spam.

How long is the duration on SAM's god mode?
    If you consider both SPs in conjunction, the boost to duration makes sense. Mijin + NIN SP2 v Hundred Fists + HP Boost. Quite easily favors the latter.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Actually Nynja, the new event is essential savage, just with higher level mobs. I don't think they was a need to test what has been working for the event the past few years. I do think they just wanted to make sure you can enter the zones properly and the new lamp pathos removal system worked. The fact they haven't added salvage gear to the test server may mean they actually want us to be surprised by the gear and develop new strategies after the event is implemented and not before, like what the test server did to MB.
    What exactly are you basing this on?