BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translations, sounds like PS2 version will never be truly "fixed" and I'm guessing we'll have the full "official" RUN reveal at the end of next week and hopefully a few other interesting details.
    ____

Fujito: PS2 Update

Hello.

Thank you to everyone for sending in your reports. We have a status update on our progress.

While we reviewed all of the status reports and looked into the issues, we saw that there is not a single cause behind the errors, so this is a situation that will be fundamentally difficult to fix. Therefore, we plan to take the updates at a slow pace, to see the effect of the measures we implement after each update.

The first fix we will try will be to reallocate the memory map. To put it simply, this is to increase the available memory for processing tasks, which should hopefully fix some of the memory-related issues.

Additionally, for the individual reports which seemed to occur the most frequently, we will explore the causes behind those events.

We are also considering adding more items to the effect filters in-game.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Mocchi: SoA Teaser

There's so much I want to tell you, but, for now, please wait until the end of the month!

It may seem like a ways off, but February is over next week....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Camate: PUP SP Ability

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to share the reasoning as to why the development team chose the path they took for puppetmaster’s new special ability.

The new special ability started with the idea that since the original special ability “Overdrive” had an effect that was common between all automatons, they wanted to go with a slightly different concept and have effects be different based on the type of automaton so that each one could utilize the special ability of the respective job.

Since the special ability data is separate for automatons, it’s possible to make adjustments to certain aspects which should eliminate some of the concerns that there would be no use for these special abilities since automaton’s battle parameters are different.

Also, we are currently looking into adjusting “Overdrive” at the same time the new special ability is added.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Assuming it isn't a typo... note the origin of the information.

Bayohne: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part V Q&A Updates

Will it be possible to do anything with smartphones?

We are currently developing software that can also be used for FFXI and Dragon Quest 10, and we plan on making it possible to use this. In addition to this we are also planning to have features where you can browse your personal character data, as well as a large official database that you can use to check various information such as items, quests, NPC locations, and which NPCs offer quests.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think this means they're going to fix the error in which eu players can't preorder seekers...

Quote Originally Posted by EU_Community_Team
    Hello!

Thanks for your posts and sorry that we coundn't get back to you immediately!
    We are currently working on updating the retail page and will soon be able to provide you with the juicy info! We really appreciate your patience!
    Source

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless I'm totally misinterpreting what Matsui was trying to say, it sounds like what we saw at Vana'fest last year was just a mock-up and they've been working to get the UI to look like that, rather than developing it organically. Pretty sure we can blame Tanaka for this. Anyway, my translation of Matsui's update on the new UI is below.

Matsui: Progress Report on New Windows UI

Hello.

Regarding the new Windows version UI, I wanted to give a progress update. I have touched upon the delayed introduction of the new UI earlier [[linked to earlier post]]. The work has been moving along separately from the creation of the Adoulin expansion, so it has not been dragged out for this reason. Instead, the reason for the delay is that we have added to the interface compared to what we originally planned based on requests from Square Enix to add new features, mainly to make the interface more user-friendly.

For the organizational structure, since the original client was designed with consoles like PS2 in mind, each menu program was optimized so as to not take up any more memory than necessary. With the establishment of the new UI, we aim to coordinate all of the menu functions as much as possible. While many of the components in the current client are already implemented, new menus specific to "Seekers of Adoulin" or the play-as-a-monster system still need to be incorporated.

For the new features and menus added in the new UI, we will have to improve mouse operations so that it functions more smoothly. The current UI is optimized for the controller, so we will spend some time to improve its appearance and operations as well.

Another part of the update will be working with the UI (macro menu and log window) that was shown at Vana'fest; however, that was just intended to be a preview, and it has been difficult working on this. It's possible that this was made more difficult by working on this in reverse.

Once the planned features have been implemented, we would like to unveil them on the test server to review the basic improvements. We will need to request a little more of your time. In early summer we will begin to implement multi-language support, so a realistic timeline would place this some time in the fall.

I know that you'll be waiting longer than anticipated for this, but we appreciate your understanding as we work to make the new UI as user-friendly as possible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: Random Updates (New SPs and more)
    • New SP Effect Limits:You can have one active SP ability 1 effect and one active SP ability 2 effect at the same time. They will stack. However, you cannot have 2 active SP ability 1 effects at the same time. For example, you can't have Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists active at the same time. According to them, this is not a system limitation, but a balance issue. I have no idea why someone was asking about this, the only situation I can see this happening is with a THF stealing SP abilities.
    • New PUP SP: Basically saying it's taking forever to adjust because it's like tweaking a whole bunch of SPs at the same time and there are certain issues that need to be taken into account that make it more difficult to adjust than a normal SP used by a PC. They went on to say that it would be too much development time to create a totally new and unique SP ability for each automaton type, but they think that the currently planned abilities will work out and add some unique twists for PUP.
    • New MB Costume Belts: Not Rare/Ex. Guess not everyone checks out dat mines so they were just confirming.
    • Temporary Campaigns: They will try different things out with the temporary campaigns in order to please as many people as possible. They said the aim of this campaign is not necessarily to provide "better" rewards, but ones that hadn't been there before to possibly spike interest in MB for a while.

Some NA "exclusive" updates

forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30165-Quivers-Pouches-...?p=404883#post404883
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit
    In general, our goal with ammo is that "if it can be crafted, it can be placed in a quiver or pouch." We don't have plans to allow ammo that is not crafted (such as Dogbolts obtained via Scavenge) to be quivered.

However, if there is a specific type of ammo that is craftable that you feel we really need to put a priority on, please let us know!
    forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30715-Devs-Familiars-piercing-attack-type?p=404884#post404884
    The development team has plans to introduce new pets moving forward. We made sure your Pokey Pete... I mean... piercing type pet request was delivered for future consideration!
    forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30641-Religion-in-Vana-diel?p=404885#post404885
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Greetings scholars and theologists of Vana’diel!

We managed to grab a hold of the lore team to get some insight into the information regarding religion that was found in the recently posted "The Sacred City of Adoulin."

While it might seem that Animitism is close to Animalism, it is actually referring to the Animist religion that is found across the continent of Ulbuka.

Long ago, the people who inhabited Ulbuka spoke of the existence of a mysterious power found on the continent known as Ergon. Their belief was that elementals inhabited the plants, earth, lakes, air, and everything that makes up the continent. With that said, Animitism has no direct relation to the Naakuals of Ulbuka. One interesting thing to note is that the Mithra from the Gha Naboh Matriarchate in the south also have a very similar belief system.

Also, in regards to Talekeeperism, this is kind of philosophy that only Galka embrace, and is somewhat different from an actual religion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding new storage (or lack thereof) - translation of JP below.

----

Matsui: About Storage

Hey, it's Matsui.

• New Satchel
      Considering that the number of jobs will be increasing by two, I understand the desire for something like a new satchel. In doing this, the capacity of a character file would have to increase, and we would have to manage this effectively with the server load during the save process of a character file on area changes. Since this could create potential server issues after implementation which would not be reversible, we cannot help but to be cautious in this situation.

Instead of adding a satchel for all characters, we are considering suggestions such as adding something for only characters who have progressed to some extent in the game, and I'd like to take some more time to look into this.
    • Storage Slips
      Because items can be stored with just one bit on item storage slips, if we try to respond to various requirements, the system will lose its simplicity and take significantly more programming effort. It will be difficult to implement many of the features suggested without changing the specifications of the storage slips.

Also, if we increase the number of slips, the system is no longer fulfilling its original purpose. We've also had suggestions to add the storage slip function to the mog house which we would like to implement. In making this system available to the Mog House moogle, there are technical obstacles that we would need to overcome, but we would like to look into it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

While he doesn't say anything particularly noteworthy here, I got a very positive vibe from this whole thing which leads me to believe that they're going to make RUN something unique. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

----

Mocchi: Aegis vs. RUN

Thank you for the follow-ups.

At the time of release for Seekers of Adoulin, since rune fencer will just be a new job, if you compare equipment against that of a PLD, PLD is going to have an advantage in terms of magic defense.

As has been said, PLD can evenly reduce the damage taken by all types of magic through equipment such as Aegis. However, because rune fencer will have specific elemental resistances, it will be strong not only against magical damage for those elements, but negative status effects as well.

Additionally, while Aegis affects only the PLD, rune fencer can also grant elemental resistance to party members in range, contributing to a further reduction in elemental damage to party members as compared to those with the Aegis PLD.

The future merit points (job categories 1 and 2) as well as new equipment to be added for rune fencer should be expected to further reduce the gap in elemental damage taken as compared with PLD (with Aegis).

[[In a separate post, Mocchi said that the effect of rune enchantment will stack with that of any other magic resistance the player has.]]

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation of Matsui's post follows. Final translation.

----

Hello, it's Matsui.

We've been incredibly busy with preparations for the release of "Seekers of Adoulin," so I'm sorry that I've had to reduce the number of posts I've been making recently.

Content related to "Seekers of Adoulin" will be discussed in a separate post - this time, I'm writing about the adjustments that will be introduced in the March 28 version update [[March 27 NA time]].

• Enmity Adjustment
      We will make the initial adjustments that we discussed in the post about enmity. If the target is level 51 or higher, the enmity generated will be reduced in proportion to damage dealt. If the level of the target is higher than 99, it will be reduced to about 30% of the amount before the adjustment (the current value). At the same time, we will also adjust the spell Cure V so that it generates less enmity.

• Adjusting the Attack/Defense Ratio
      We posted previously about future adjustments to the overall battle system. Here, I will discuss adjustments to be made in reference to the item "regarding defense." Post-adjustment, if the defense power of the player is extremely low compared to the monster target's attack power, the amount of damage received will be increased compared to before.

Example:
      Attacking Monster's DMG: 100
      Attacking Monster's Attack power: 1000
      Defense Power: 250

Prior to adjustment: Target takes ~200 damage
      After the adjustment: Target takes ~400 damage
      *I have simplified the calculation in order to provide a clear example.

In conjunction, we will also update the following two points:
      1) The maximum value of attack/defense ratio will be adjusted so that it is the same for one-handed and two-handed weapons.
      2) The defense down penalty of Counterstance will be reduced.

• Perfect Defense and Embrava
      We have previously posted on the topic of Perfect Defense and Embrava adjustments. The adjustments have not changed from what previously posted. Rather than having to check the old post, I will again summarize the adjustments here. These adjustments go hand-in-hand with the battle content adjustments which are separately listed below.

Embrava
      *Duration: 5 minutes -> 90 seconds
      *Haste: 1% per 15 enhancing skill -> 1% per 20 enhancing skill
      *Regain -> Refresh

Perfect Defense
      *Duration: 90 seconds -> 30 seconds + 1 second per 20 summoning magic skill

Regarding the previous post about adjustments to be made to battle content overall, we will adjust the content in the "regarding content" item as described below.

• Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
      The level of monsters that appear will be adjusted
      *Floors 1~19: Reduced by 10 levels
      *Floors 20~39: Reduced by 7 levels
      *Floors 40~59: Reduced by 4 levels
      *Floors 60~79: Reduced by 2 levels
      *Floors 80~100: Unchanged

*Note that this change also applies to notorious monsters.

We will also be adjusting the attributes of certain notorious monsters which only appear in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. By selecting magic attacks or the attack type (based on weapon attributes) which targets a monster's weakness, the damage dealt will be even higher than before the adjustment.

• Legion
      For the monsters that appear in Legion, we have made adjustments that reduce stats such as the defense, attack power, and HP of the various monsters. We have also added weaknesses to certain monsters at the same time. By targeting a monster's weakness, it will be easier to defeat than before.

• Einherjar
      We have made adjustments that reduce stats such as the defense, attack power, and HP of Odin who appears in Odin's Chamber II.

• Voidwatch
      We will increase the effectiveness of the "void cluster" key items to include Provenance battles.

• Walk of Echoes
      We will reduce the levels of monsters that appear and remove the EX attribute from various coins and pouches. We will also add pouches for Devious Dice and Liminal Residue.

• Salvage
      The drop rate of level 35 items has been reviewed, and in Bhaflau Remnants, level 35 items will be adjusted to drop from additional monsters which appear within the area.

• Adjustments to Twilight Scythe
      The non-attribute damage effect of Twilight Scythe will be changed to an enhancement on the weapon. The enhancement will be set for unlimited uses (1/1), with a 60 second duration and 10 minute reuse time.

I'll finish up here with a couple other adjustments.

• Expansion of the scope of "/yell"
      Mocchi previously posted regarding the scope of the /yell function. As discussed by Fujito, we will hold off on increasing the scope to include Chocobo Circuit until other functions have been implemented for that area.

Current Areas: Port Jeuno, Lower Jeuno, Upper Jeuno, Ru'Lude Gardens
      After Adjustment: Eastern Adoulin, Western Adoulin, Aht Urhgan Whitegate, Port Jeuno, Lower Jeuno, Upper Jeuno, Ru'Lude Gardens

• Changing Mog Tablet Rewards
      Mocchi also previously made a post about this. The Talaria and Nomad Moogle Statue will remain as potential item rewards, but we are replacing the other items. Since these are just intended as a fun bonus, we'll leave it to you to discover what was added.

• Auto-translate
      Without removing some less commonly used words and phrases, we cannot add additional phrases related to "Seekers of Adoulin." We will consider this, and plan to make replacements of some of the words in the auto-translate dictionary.

As mentioned in the intro, in addition to the above, of course, plenty of content will be added from Seekers of Adoulin. I'll work hard to put a post together for you about this next week.

I'll also work to follow-up on other work that we've been discussing, and I will post again as soon as new information is available. Thanks for your time!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Looks like I'm late to the party, but I'll just post this up for the record.

----

Mocchi: Various Responses

[[Someone asked about adjustments to reduce damage taken based on level correction.]]

We received a response on this from Matsui.

Sorry about that, we're also making adjustments for level difference correction. To be specific, it will be adjusted so that there will be no level difference compensation for monsters that will be added in the "Seekers of Adoulin" expansion.

When you compare a fight with no level difference correction and a fight with level difference correction, the damage taken by the player with the same defense is reduced more in the former.

[[Someone asked about H2H weapon adjustment.]]

The maximum damage value that can be dealt is based on the attack/defense ratio which will be adjusted in the same way for both hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons. Therefore, fighting with hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons should result in more damage dealt than in the past.

[[Someone asked what happened to the magic adjustment.]]

We're getting ready to make these adjustments to the test server to gather feedback from everyone. Once things calm down after the release of "Seekers of Adoulin," we'll have some more details.

[[Someone asked what happened to new SPs, thinking they would be timed together with the PD/Embrava nerf.]]

This was not the plan from the beginning, but it was one of the misunderstandings that originally caused us to postpone the adjustments to Embrava and Perfect defense.

In other words, we didn't originally intend to coordinate the addition of new SPs with the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava. After considering the impact of all of the adjustments to be introduced simultaneously, we have decided that now is a good time to implement those ability adjustments.

We ask for your understanding in this.

[[Someone asked about potential enmity adjustment to Cure VI.]]

There is no plan to change Cure VI yet. Because of the overall adjustments to enmity, the benefit of using Cure V is degraded, so we have only adjusted Cure V. For Cure VI, there will be no adjustments to the enmity or cure recovery value.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Official English translation. Kind of surprised he actually quoted me on that H2H response. I FEEL SO SPECIAL.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation below. Not gonna do a second pass, I think this should be accurate enough and I'm sure the official translation will be around in a few hours.

----

To All Pioneering Adventurers!!

Hello, it's Matsui.

We're finally down to less than a week left until the release of "Seekers of Adoulin" and we're also in the very last stages of development work (the development team is now mainly working to take corrective actions on defects spotted by the QA team).

I have a few things I want to communicate to you, so I'm writing this post to discuss this development work.

First, let's discuss story-related mission and quests.

• Mission/Quest-Related

We've received a lot of feedback over the past few years from players who are interested in more detailed story-related quests and new lore. Our team has been striving to develop Adoulin to satisfy these wishes (we actually have a huge set of documents about the new world).

Because of the tremendous amount of translation work that is required, there have been some quests that were, sadly, postponed from this version update. That said, there will still be plenty of quests to take on.

After the release of the version update, we will continue to add to the main story regularly, along with new quests that match the pacing of the story. As the world opens up, we will continue to add new quests to go along with the changes.

Next, let's talk about "Seekers of Adoulin" from a level design perspective. Because the content, jobs, and equipment are all related, I'll explain what we're thinking about with all of these.

• Level Design for "Seekers of Adoulin"
      The content is designed for players who have already reached 99, so the equipment added will reflect this. By participating in current content and obtaining current equipment, a better level of performance can be achieved in the new higher difficulty content that will be added from which you can obtain even better equipment... the play cycle should be something like that.

In order to come up with a common measure for content and equipment we came up with a universal scale for comparison (sort of a virtual level that we're calling "content level") and we've developed guidelines for implementing content for the strength of monsters and equipment performance so that we can understand in a more objective way. Lastly, I want to be able to publically discuss the specific content level of content that we add. If adjustments need to be made, we will take care of them little by little.

For monsters, we also developed them based on the parameters and guidelines for content level as described above.

For monster special attacks, we have minimized the range of damaging area of effect of techniques as well as negative status effects (with a few exceptions) which will be kept to a maximum of about 60 seconds in duration. Additionally, some negative status effects for which recovery is difficult (i.e. Amnesia) will be of an even further shortened duration.

As the new jobs will increase the total by another two, it will become increasingly difficult to tweak jobs in such a way that all jobs can deal damage in the same way to any enemy or to adjust content so that all jobs can handle the same content with the same strategies. These aren't suitable adjustments for a game with 22 different classes.

Ultimately, job adjustments will have to be handled by adjusting the new content. For example, if all enemies are strong against magic, mage roles will die off.

For group content to be implemented, we will pay close attention to be sure that it is open to all jobs, and we will continue to share information regarding content implementation. While I'm aware that there is a need to look at individual jobs for adjustments, tweaking the parameters of individual jobs is not enough, and this must be coordinated with content adjustments as well.

This post has become a lot longer than I initially intended, so if you're getting tired while reading this, take this moment to catch your breath.

Now then, let's talk about content from "Seekers of Adoulin"

• "Seekers of Adoulin"-related Content
      For battle-related content, the first ones to be introduced will be regional battles called "Reive" along with other battle content called "Skirmish."
      • About "Reive"
        Reive content is intended to open up the world for exploration. You may be engaged with monsters blocking colonization progress, in battles to remove obstacles within the world; the idea is to increase the overall colonization rate of the world.

As the colonization rate increases, area progression will become easier, and there will be a variety of other material benefits that you can collect.

As a benefit to participating, individual players will receive points called [[insert official term here]], which can be redeemed for equipment.

• About Skirmish
        Skirmish is a higher difficulty content that was introduced the other day on our YouTube live stream. For the first version update, we have prepared two types of Skirmish battles. These are certainly not intended to be low difficulty in any way, but the rewards we've prepared will be worth it for those who have the confidence to take on the challenge.

Both of these will be added when the expansion is released. Additionally, we are actively developing more content to be added for Skirmish, and we plan to add to this in every version update.

• About the Mog Garden [[JP, Mog Resort for English I guess]]
      At Vana'Fest, we talked about this content to be added. It seems that many players expected that the content would be available at the time of release. The Mog Garden was scheduled to be released slightly later in the development of Adoulin content.

There have been a lot of uncertainties, and it has taken more time than expected to verify the contents, but, as we originally planned, Fujito is working hard so that this content can be delivered to you this summer. (There will be a separate comment from Fujito, so stay tuned for that.)

Lastly, let's talk about some other content, which I'll generally describe below to hopefully get you interested.

• Play-as-a-Monster
      Play-as-a-Monster and Seekers of Adoulin were originally discussed on different time schedules, and in order to match the new player growth curve that will be created with "Seekers of Adoulin," we have slowed down the implementation work on this.

As we continue to work through Seekers of Adoulin, we will also work on technical hurdles for this, and we plan to showcase the new system on the test server.

• Storage (from furniture)
      We are working to make furniture storage available at all rental mog houses. Depending on the verification of the changes, we hope to implement this in the spring or summer.

• Expansion of Area for Party Invitations
      We also expect to add this in the spring or summer. This is planned to be added at the same time that we enhance the Chocobo Circuit to support party recruitment and the "/yell" feature.

• Fishing
      The adjustments to the fishing system are planned to be implemented this summer or autumn. We are planning to conduct a test of the changes on the test server, and we hope that you'll participate at that time.

• Synergy and Evoliths
      While adjustments to this are a little further off, I think we need to take a look at this to see what we can do to renovate the system and add some value to it. Once we're at a stage where we can discuss what we have planned, we'll let you all know.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation below, tried to maintain Fujito's more casual style.

----

The Mog Garden Info Is Here!

Hello!

I wanted to talk a little about the Ranch and the Mog Garden. While most of this information has been verified, please note that there is a chance that some aspects may be changed.

What is the Mog Garden?

The Mog Garden is located on a small island in the Adoulin archipelago, owned by the government and on loan to those who have been recognized as pioneers. Pioneers are free to use or take away any resources obtained from the area. Simply put, you can do whatever you want with resources obtained on the island.

What resources can be found there?
    Resources that can be found on the island are as follows:

• Beautiful Beaches
      The gentle tides carry in all sorts of things. Of course, you can also enjoy fishing here. Afraid of getting a sunburn? No worries, we've put some beach umbrellas down to take care of that! 8)
      http://www.bg-wiki.com/images/f/f1/Moggardenbeach.jpg

• Harvestable Forests
      Here, you can take on activities like logging and harvesting. You may even be able to gather some unique types of wood and plants from Ulbuka. You'll need the traditional items for logging and harvesting, but the Moogles have prepared some for you in advance!

• The Springs
      In the freshwater fountain, you can also enjoy fishing. Fishing nets have been set up on the beach and at the springs. You'll have a good feeling about this one!

• Ore Veins
      You can also perform "mining" here. The islands of the Adoulin archipelago are a famous treasure trove of minerals. The traditional pickaxe will be required for mining here, but the Moogle is ready for that!

• Moogle Fields
      In the center of the island, you can find fertile soil where you can grow things after planting seeds. Unlike with "gardening," you won't need to care for the plants here and there's no fear of them withering on these fields. Go ahead and plant as many seeds as you want!

With these activities you can gather materials, plants, and a variety of fish from the available resources. Depending on the coalition rank, you may get even more favorable results from the Mog Garden.

So... what happened to the ranch?
    Okay, so we're planning that now... but I need a little more time. We're not going in a direction with growth as complex as chocobo breeding. For monster breeding, we want it set so that monsters can be harvested repeatedly (obtaining items they would normally drop like fur or meat) over a certain period of time. We'll talk about this some more as soon as we have the specs figured out.

As described above, in the Mog Garden, you can find all sorts of materials. Unlike the mog house, the layout in the Mog Garden won't be customizable. Instead, there will be some other unique aspects to the Mog Garden such as enhancements to resources and expansions to the Garden, or maybe even some unexpected visitors or objects that drift in on the shore.

I'll have more info for you at a later date.
    'Til then!

An NA "exclusive" update, that's pretty interesting:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31068-Elements-to-be-Implemented-in-the-March-27th-Version-Update?p=410348#post410348
    The other thread you mentioned raising the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 3.0, the above example is assuming a 4.0 cap.
    We have always planned to raise the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 4.0.

I mentioned these because if the level based attack bonus is not removed ... high level monsters will be dealing 1000~2000+ damage per melee hit on anyone who isn't an Paladin with Burtang. I know SE is wanting to make defense more important, yet 4.0 as a cap is extremely excessive if the monster is allowed to keep it's level bonus.
    Monsters that are added with Seekers of Adoulin will not have level correction applied so the damage will not be as high as you may be anticipating.

In the cases where level correction will take place in existing areas, you may see damage increases from monsters, but it will not amount to the numbers suggested. Regardless of whether there is level correction or not, we are adjusting enemies' levels and stats, so don't be afraid to attack and see that difference for yourself. Last thing, players will need to adjust their strategy and especially focus on defense. It will be important to consider decisions such as food, magic, songs, rolls, and equipment.

Camate will the developers be doing anything about the rampant use of defense down by every NM they've created? Currently all the harder NM's use some form of aoe defense down move that renders our defense useless. Even someone with Defender + Cocoon + Protect V + Taco will have no defense if something like Aegis Schism, Bilgestorm, Tourbillion, Yaksha: Damnation, Shadow Wreck, Dark Star or Flank Opening hits them. There are too many -defense moves to name and they all make defense pretty useless of a state to use.
    Same as the above and I'm sure you guys are aware of the following: More focus will be required to remove applicable status ailments and also temporarily disengage the enemy to reduce the risk of potent attacks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This post was replied to a comment from a player saying the DMG:52+3 dagger they showed recently in the livestream is getting close to encroaching on RME weapons as they currently stand. Couple other translations may be coming after this once I review the posts.

----

Matsui: On RME Weapons

Hey, it's Matsui.

We've received a lot of questions about what the future will hold for Relic / Mythic / Empyrean weapons, so I want to give you an update on where we stand.

For Relic / Mythic / Empyrean / Coin weapons, we're thinking that they will be strengthened by other means than Trial of the Magians.

With respect to weapons that fall within the groups above that have already been upgraded to level 99, we have a plan set so that they will continue to be useful (including equipment with no afterglow).

Shields and instruments will be excluded from this growth as they will still be the strongest, even when compared with the growth curve set with Adoulin equipment.

We won't get into the details just yet, but we'll fill you in as they become available.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Whole slew of interesting responses here. I don't know much about PUP, so I have no idea if the Earth Maneuver response is a direct answer to that question or a complete dodge. Made no sense when I translated it, at least.

----

Mocchi: Random Responses

---[[Quoted post saying Flashy Shot will be useless in Adoulin without level correction]]

For Flashy Shot, we will have to review its effects.

As a result of the adjustment to remove level correction, there will be no benefit to using Flashy Shot. Please hang on for a bit and we will make an adjustment so that there is always a benefit to using Flashy Shot.

We're sorry that it won't be included in this version update.

---[[Quoted post asking why they haven't done anything and aren't planning to do anything about cumulative magic resistance]]

Before you jump to any conclusions, let me make a few comments.

Regarding cumulative magic resistance, for the "current" situation, you're using Voidwatch for a comparison where the reality of the situation is that in Voidwatch, front-line jobs can really push the envelope for dealing damage since they aren't taking any damage.

In battles in "Seekers of Adoulin," however, since that won't be the case, I think there will be more of an advantage in being able to attack from a distance. Outside of losing damage due to an elemental magic resist, there really isn't any other way for an enemy to avoid magic damage aside from shadow images.

Since we are planning to make a significant revision to elemental magic, as well as the general changes caused by adding new equipment, please let us start from there.

If we eliminate cumulative magic resistance, we may create a situation where having melee is less effective, which could create a situation where we need to go back an redesign some of the battles as they are currently planned. Once we see the outcome of our first planned adjustments, we'll decide what to do next on a step-by-step basis.

As a result, we'll determine whether or not it's necessary to adjust the cumulative magic resistance.

---[[Cure V adjustment stuff]]

With respect to Cure V, with battle content like Skirmish, because of the higher frequency with which a White Mage will be targeted by casting Cure V, we had to make an adjustment.

Since there aren't many situations in which you need to cast Cure VI, if you just cast Cure VI as a replacement to Cure V, you will gain more enmity. Cure VI is really just intended as a last resort emergency cure.

---[[Question asking whether the Attuner or Target Marker automaton attachments will work against monsters in Adoulin as they have an effect of easing the level difference correction. Also notes that he just wanted to confirm that the level difference correction removal was just in one direction (not for players damaging enemies, just enemies damaging players).]]

Although the level difference correction will be removed, Target Marker and Attuner should both work as they have in the past. In the unlikely event that the behavior is different than expected, please let us know.

---[[Question saying that Automatons will become weaker since they are left out of the attack/defense ratio adjustment.]]

With Earth Maneuver, if you don't have to worry about defense, the damage potential is increased.

On a different note, for pets and in general in the future, even as more formidable foes appear, the players' level cap will not be raised.

In other words, while you can use equipment to make up for the difference between the strength of players and monsters, the difference between pets and monsters cannot be made up in the same way (since you cannot equip a pet with equipment), so we will need to make future adjustments.

---[[Question asking what happened to the Recycle adjustments that were talked about ages ago, and whether any other ranged attack adjustments will be coming.]]

We're sorry to have kept you waiting on this.

After Adoulin is released, we will soon be taking a look at Recycle with the intent to increase the effect beyond the current effect.

In addition to that adjustment, we additionally plan to change the effect of Scavenge. Specifically, we plan to allow this ability to recover some spent ammunition.

Between the two adjustments, the idea will be to make ranged attacks less costly than they are now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edit: This was an April Fools joke, if it wasn't obvious. We are safe from the dreaded balance...at least for now.

Letter popped up on official forum just after midnight my time (Eastern), not translated officially yet but posting my translation here.

Matsui: Thank you, adventurers!

Hello everyone! I hope you have been enjoying the content from Seekers of Adoulin. The development team is proud of their effort and will be working hard in the coming weeks to make sure everyone's experience with the new expansion is as exciting as possible. There may even be some surprises in store....

At any rate, now that Seekers of Adoulin has finally released and many of the changes I have envisioned are in the first stages of implementation, I have decided to move on from my role as producer of Final Fantasy XI. While I will no longer be working with development team, I want to assure you that I have left plans in place to continue adjusting and improving many aspects of the game.

The team and I have decided that there is no one better to step in as producer than Hiromichi Tanaka, who has recovered from his illness and will be rejoining Square Enix as of today's date.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for giving me the chance to make an impact in Final Fantasy XI, and I hope your future adventures are as exciting as my time as producer was!

Link to original JP post

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings pioneers!

Hopefully everyone was doing their best this weekend to contribute to the colonization efforts, which in most cases means a lot of Reives.

As we have been receiving quite a bit of feedback about this new content, we feel that adjustments are necessary and have decided to put it on a higher priority. However, we need your help! If you currently feel that you are not receiving enough experience points or bayld while doing Reives, please fill out the below template and post it as a response to this thread.

Please only post EXP and bayld data from Reives you participated in after this post was made.
    (*This is limited to Colonization Reives and Lair Reives for the time being)

Please note the below important points:
    1. Please only post the experience points and bayld for a single evaluation and NOT the total of multiple evaluations.
    2. If you felt that the experience points and bayld you received were too low multiple times in a single Reive, please separate them into different sets and post them in the same reply.
    3. Please make separate posts for different Reives.

Template
    Please use the below template and post your data as a reply to this thread.

=======================
    • Job and level
      (Please indicate the job and level you were when participating in the Reive)

• Reive type
      (Please indicate the type of Reive you participated in)

• Area name and < pos > of the Reive
      (Please indicate the area name and < pos > of where the Reive took place)

• Conditions
      ---Set 1 start---

• Amount of experience points and bayld for a single evaluation
        (Please indicate the amount of experience points and bayld you received for a single evaluation.)

• Actions performed at the time
        (please indicate what you were doing and the frequency in which you were performing these actions during the Reive.)

• How much HP did you damage the obstacle or lair for?
        (Please indicate how much HP you damaged the obstacle or lair for. If there were multiple targets, please indicate them separately.)

---Set 1 end---

=======================

Sample post:

=======================
    • Job and level
      Main job: WHM99
      Support job: BLM49

• Reive type
      Colonization Reive

• Area name and < pos > of the Reive
      Yahse Hunting Grounds (H-8)

• Conditions
      ---Set 1 start---

• Amount of experience points and bayld for a single evaluation
        EXP: 50
        Bayld: 100

• Actions performed at the time
        Cast Cure V on players (approx. 10 times)
        Cast Protect V and Shell V on myself (1 time for each)
        Attacked monsters with normal attacks and weapon skills (approx. 50 regular attack and 3 weapon skills)

• How much HP did you damage the obstacle or lair for?
        Obstacle HP: Reduced the HP by approximately 50% from full.

---Set 1 end---

=======================

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post414394

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

[NA] All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Apr. 2)

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Apr. 2, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 (PDT)
    * The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

* The FINAL FANTASY XI client will be automatically updated. After the date and times listed above, pressing the "Play" button and following the on-screen instructions will begin the update.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* Maintenance operations will delete any reservations for Pankration matches and Maze Tabulae registered to NPC Duplidoc for Moblin Maze Mongers. To those players who are scheduled to participate in Pankration matches, those who will enter Assault, Salvage or Einherjar areas, or those who will participate in Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-%28Apr.-2%29

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast