BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: New Skirmish

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback about Skirmish. I wanted to provide a little more information about adjustments and additions to Skirmish that you can expect in the future.

New Skirmish

With the additions of the new areas, Skirmish for Content Level 13 will be added.

This additional content will be added between pre-existing content, so it will expand the amount of activities available horizontally, adding a greater breadth of activities rather than adding vertically to the range of content levels.

(*) In addition to Skirmish, we will also be adding new Colonization and Lair Reives for content levels 6-9 as well as Wildskeeper Reives at content level 17 with equipment corresponding to each fo the content levels (new Bayld equipment will be added corresponding to the Colonization and Lair Reives' level).

[[Updated table with the new activities' content levels shown, not going to bother posting here as it's specified above.]]

New Additions to Skirmish

• Strengthening of Existing Skirmish Weapons
      By clearing the new Skirmish, you can obtain new key items and new upgrade materials.
      • Key Items
        These will allow existing Skirmish weapons to evolve further.
        (As an example, Ninza + key item will become Ninza +1.)
        • There is only one type of key item.
        • It is possible to evolve any Skirmish weapon, but the key item is consumed when it is evolved.
        • If you want to evolve more than one weapon, you will need to re-obtain the key item.
        • Arcane Glyptics previously granted to the item will be cleared.
          This is because it would be difficult to maintain the augments with the mechanism of improvement.
      • New Upgrade Materials
        New upgrade materials will be added which allow evolved weapons to be granted arcane glyptics augments.
    • New Armor
      Five new sets of armor will be added. We plan to allow this armor to also be reinforced with arcane glyptic augmentation using upgrade items.

Arcane Glyptics Adjustments
    Based on previously received feedback, we plan to make the following adjustments to arcane glyptics augmentation:
    • Ghastly Stones
      In the next version update, we will make it possible to transfer Ghastly Stones (new upgrade materials will be treated similarly). Also, we received feedback that the rank of the head should bias the rank of Ghastly Stones obtained, but that is already the specification as implemented.
    • Augmentation Fee
      In the next version update, we will reduce the required Bayld fee for augmentation to 500.

Other Feedback
    • Bayld Exchange
      Bayld is mainly intended to be used in coalition-related content like Wildskeeper Reives, etc. We are planning to add new Wildskeeper Reives, so there will be new things to use your Bayld for.
    • Obsidian Fragments
      Obsidian Fragments are designed as bonus points that are obtained exclusively from Skirmish. Because the fragments were not fundamental to the design of the activity, we do not plan to allow weapons to be exchanged for Obsidian Fragments.
    • Acquisition of Weapons
      Upon clearing one Skirmish, you are guaranteed to receive at least one or two weapons. Although you may receive the same weapons several times, by clearing repeatedly you should eventually receive the weapons you want, so we will not be changing the acquisition difficulty.
      That said, while we will be leaving the obtainment of weapons as is, we do plan to further increase the chance to receive Simulacrum Segments.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: Random Follow-ups

Dispelling Luopans

We were able to confirm this issue and are preparing a fix.

I'm sorry about the miscommunication. There was a discrepancy between the information I was receiving from the QA team yesterday and we did not mean to arouse any suspicion. Thanks to those of you who sent along the reports.

QA Team

The QA team is the team responsible for testing content.

Because you may not hear this term normally, just for reference, QA = Quality Assurance, responsible for testing and verification. The team's goal is to find as many bugs as possible, followed by correction from development, and re-checking by the QA team.

Test Server

• If you receive "Valid Content ID Not Found" message
      In the previous test server update, as reported, all character data was deleted. Any time character data deletion is performed, you will need to once again complete the character transfer from the appropriate forum post. Sorry about the trouble, but thanks for your continued cooperation.
    • If your character is renamed
      We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. When the character deletion is performed, the server is restarted, and this can cause issues with character data. We are performing a correction so that this problem will not occur in the future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: Item Level Follow-Ups

I tried checking a Chapuli in Ceizak on the test server with a level 113 dagger equipped and it still gave the "Tough" message - is the new system for checking not implemented yet? Also, is it only the EXP that changes, or does it change the level correction value as well?

Thanks for your feedback from the test server. Here are responses to your two points:

Test Server Checking
    I can confirm that on the test server right now we've only added the item levels. Increasing or decreasing the EXP values and changes to the messages received are still in development and were not implemented on the test server yet.

Level Difference Correction
    Level difference correction will not be applied due to item levels of equipped items. Furthermore, there is no level correction applied in Adoulin areas.

Can you comment on enemy abilities which strip equipment? As the item level of equipment rises, these strip abilities will effectively level down players and they will be overly powerful. Additionally, will pets be affected by item level in the same way as players?

Thanks for your contributions. I'll respond to your two points:

Enemy Techniques
    We will continue to avoid implementing techniques which strip equipment and prevent re-equipping as much as possible. There may be a select few cases where abilities like this can still be used, but we will devise a way to make them avoidable.

Pet Strengthening
    Matsui has previously responded to this, but we are planning to strengthen pets in ways which correspond to each job. If you haven't previously seen the post, please check it out.

Are all items obtained from one content level implemented with the same item level regardless of the equipment slot, etc.?

For Rare/Ex equipment that cannot be passed on to other players, the item level will always match the content level. For equipment that can be passed on, such as synthesized equipment, the item level will be slightly lower.

If you change armor during combat, will the experience value be corrected for the maximum item level during battle? For example, if you have item level 119 at some point during battle, but item level 110 at the time the enemy is defeated, will you get the experience for level 119?

Yes, that's right, it would be similar to a level 1 and level 20 player partied together with the experience based on the level 20 player. Also, when the EXP goes up and down by item level, it will not be based on just one equipment slot. It will be a combination of weapon (main, sub, ranged) and armor (head, body, hands, legs, and feet), calculated my a mechanism which references all of the item levels and determines a final level. Ears, fingers, back, waist, neck, grip, and non-throwable ammo (treated as accessories) will not have the item level displayed and will be excluded from this reference.

Equipment with Item Levels
    For equipment tailored to higher item levels, uniform stat increases based on that item level will be granted (for example, item level 10 may grant STR+10, etc.). The stats will also differ by equipment slot (for example, it might be STR+10 for head but STR+5 on hands).

The parameters associated with item level will always be displayed on the equipment as normal statistics. This will increase the amount of statistics being displayed, so we will look into adjusting the display.

Regarding EXP Obtained from Lower Level Enemies
    We are concerned with Trial of the Magians being affected by this, so we will make an adjustment to prevent this from happening. The EXP obtained from monsters at level 99 or below will remain intact; the item level adjustments will only affect EXP obtained from monsters at level 100 or higher.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: Item Level, Weapon Skills, and More

Great post with a series of questions all from one guy, and Mocchi went ahead and responded to all of them point by point (with a couple new details dropped about weapon skills, etc.).

-----

For item display, how will it show up? For example, will the item level represent the strength of the stat enhancements (say, +20), without individually being listed on the item?

We plan to display all stats. The display may become a little lengthy, so please forgive that!

If player level is changed when equipping these items, how will it affect other level-related things? For example, how will Lv 5 Petrify be treated?

To refer to your specific example, a level 99 player with item level 105 will still not be affected by Lv 5 Petrify. Additionally, any specific equipment triggered by level will reference the player's level, not the player's item level.

Upon calling a pet, will it be based on the player's level or the item level?

As we stated previously, the levels of pets will not change, and we will carry out any pet enhancements with new or updated equipment.

What happens for jobs that don't have a ranged weapon, jobs that single wield vs. dual wield, etc.?

Because this description is a bit complicated, if there's a specific point that's difficult to understand, please let us know.

For weapons to be added in the future, weapon skills will be adjusted for the increased level.

On existing weapons, although the main weapon's DMG value is independent from the sub weapon's DMG value, for future weapons, the weapon skill's value will also be calculated independently.

Here's our reasoning for this. Let's assume that you are equipped with Dual Wielded weapons with high accuracy and attack values. When you have one equipped alone or with a shield, even though you only have a main weapon, we still want to maintain the same attack power and hit rate.

So, for weapon skills and additional effects, the hit rate element will be calculated as a function of the weapon skill, with the hit rate raised to the corresponding level.

Additionally, I wanted to touch on hand-to-hand weapons separately from the above concern. Unlike other weapon skills, with hand-to-hand skill, as hand-to-hand skill rises, the DMG value rises. For hand-to-hand weapons that we add in the future, we will add weapon skills like with other weapons, and we will continue to update the DMG value by taking this relation to skill into consideration.

Although there will be equipment implemented in the future, will any of this be added to the existing Delve?

We plan to continue to add top-tier gear (= equipment from boss monsters) as part of Delve.

For the rising parameters on gear, how will it work? Will it be just by level, or also correspond to armor type/jobs, individual equipment, etc.?

The numerical values will not be the same for all equipment, but we do plan to have a pattern to some extent.

Can you give us a rough approximation on the stats that will be added per level?

I'm sorry I can't really respond to this, but please reference the existing equipment and the equipment to be added.

Are you suggesting that HP and MP will not be rising with the future "levels"? HP and MP are parameters that typically increase with level.

We are moving in a direction to reduce damage taken by adding more magic defense bonus and physical damage taken reduction.

In the future, as monsters become more powerful and the DMG value of those monsters rises, we will continue to increase HP present on gear. On the other hand, since the MP consumption of spells won't change, we won't be increasing MP to the same extent (though that doesn't mean we won't be adding any MP gear).

Right now there's an existing cap of 50% reduction on physical damage taken which can already relatively easily be hit with Earth Staff and some other accessories. Do you plan to increase this parameter with the "level" rise?

There will be no change to the 50% cap. We will add different amounts of physical damage taken between the front-line and back-line jobs.

As usual, jobs like WHM, BRD, COR, and GEO don't really benefit from any of these step changes in equipment. Are they supposed to just skip over the middle level ranges and go right for level 119 equipment?

If you don't require all of the intermediate equipment, you can go ahead and try to challenge whatever you think you're capable of. That being said, we would like to increase the attractiveness of equipment for all jobs.

Depending on the job, there is certain equipment which cannot be removed. For example, Treasure Hunter+ gear on THF. For equipment which can't be removed during combat, are you planning on doing anything to update it?

I'd say Treasure Hunter equipment is in trouble. [[I think this is what he's saying anyway, his response confused me here, but seems to indicate they're either adding new/better TH gear.]]

I think an adjustment needs to be made to enemy moves which strip and encumber. Now, it's likely that these moves will have an additional effect of reducing a player's level to 99. Are you planning anything?

We will try to avoid implementing techniques which strip and encumber as much as possible. Although they might be used rarely, in those cases we will have methods to avoid them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

LS Community Site Status

Fujito

I wanted to provide an explanation on the extended downtime of the LS community site. Although I have already made some posts about this in the past, I think it's time for an update.

Since late March, there has been a glitch in the LS community site caused by the addition of the new jobs to the game.

Because there is no full-time staff in charge of the LS community site, and it is not critical, I asked the department responsible for the website to comment. As a result, we determined that it may be possible to fix the site by updating the display to include portions corresponding to the new jobs. When we tried making that correction, there were other issues which prevented the site from working properly, so the correction is going to take longer than we had initially anticipated.

The database portion of the problem has been resolved recently, so you should be able to choose from the new jobs in your profile settings on the forum. Using the same method, we will be working to correct the bugs with the LS community site.

Although it might be some time, we will try to work on corrective actions in order to implement the new jobs to the LS community site and return the functionality to what it was before it was taken down.

Because we had expected the correction to occur sooner, and because this was a problem with multiple departments, it took a while to get some consensus in order to make an official announcement, so I'm sorry that we kept you waiting for so long without any information.

Thanks!

Matsui

Hello!

We're sorry to have kept you waiting so long for this information. I'd like to make some comments in addition to what Fujito said.

Since many people are involved from across multiple departments with the LS community site, it was difficult to get the correct information from any one representative, so I had to collect all of the reports from the various groups involved.

We have been looking for corrective actions to fix the fault, but we have not been able to implement a final solution yet. Because the scale of the problem is larger than you might imagine, the amount of hours it will take to design a fix is quite high. Additionally, since there is no one person or department responsible for the LS community site, it will be a difficult task to schedule.

In simple terms, because we have no dedicated engineers for the LS community site, the recovery efforts are currently stuck. Additionally, the LS community site has been operated as a beta version (although it's been in beta for years...), and we need to decide on the future of the project.

For additional comments, please check Fujito's earlier post. I will provide more information about the plans for the LS community site in a future post.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What I gather from this is that Tojil doesn't use Lahar when its flame aura is down, and Matsui is dumbfounded that we aren't taking advantage of that so he wanted to let us know that in as obvious a way as possible without saying it outright.

-----

Matsui: Delve Boss Strategies

Hello, it's Matsui.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Because many of the posts here are talking about Delve, I wanted to make a few comments on what I've read.

First,
    • We check every day on the status of Delve boss monsters being defeated.
    • We know that the use of Stun is one of the main methods utilized to defeat these monsters.

As it is now, although there are three different Delve bosses, the number of defeats of Tojil is substantially higher than the other two. It seems that most players have adopted a method in which they avoid the majority of Tojil's damaging abilities by stunning them.

It is, of course, possible to defeat these monsters in other ways that do not use Stun as significantly, as boss monsters are designed to be defeated in multiple ways.

With specific regard to Tojil, I'll give some more information. Tojil is similar to Achuka from the Wildskeeper Reive, and is adjusted to be able to be defeated within Delve. Both Tojil and Achuka, as you may notice, will occasionally be cloaked in flames. When in this state, there are certain powerful techniques and higher ranked spells which are utilized that are not otherwise used. It is important during the defeat of the monster to clear this state.

Throughout this thread, there has been a lot of information on the behavior of boss monsters, so I'll introduce one of those posts:

I see a lot of people who are convinced that Stun is the only method of defeating these bosses. For the Morimar boss, there are things like Incinerating Lahar which can be completely avoided by ranged attackers and isn't used under certain conditions. The Foret boss has Marine Mayhem, which will always instantly kill people at a distance but only does damage to those close by. Also, even though the forest boss is water-based, it's designed so that it cannot always be Stunned. We will need to focus on other methods anyway, as I'm sure the Delve bosses corresponding to Lightning and Earth elements will not be stunnable.

To highlight one point, as the HP of boss monsters (including Tojil) is reduced or certain conditions are fulfilled, certain abilities replace other abilities, and it is important to note and plan for this when the boss is preparing to use a dangerous ability.

Since Delve fractures are easy to retry, please work on making gradual progress towards understanding the behaviors of the boss monsters. During this process, I believe that new methods of defeating these monsters will arise.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Summer Version Updates

Hello, it's Matsui.

Please allow me to make a few announcements about the next version update.

We have a ton of content planned for those of you who are looking forward to playing during your summer vacation. Although we had originally planned to pack all of the content into the July update, due to verification of the contents, working through glitches, localization work, and balance adjustments, we have decided to divide the update to two times: Tuesday, July 9, and early August.

For everyone who has been looking forward to all of the content, I apologize. The table below lists the contents that will be implemented in the July and August version updates. [[Formatting as a list because loltables on BB code.]]

Missions / Quests

• July
      • Seekers of Adoulin Missions (first half)
        New story will be added about the Adoulin alliance.
        This will be implemented in two parts (July and August), with the second part encompassing more of the story.
      • Seekers of Adoulin Quests
        We will be adding additional quests for the Adoulin alliance. These quests' progression will be independent from the colonization system, but are set to fit with the expanded world.
      • New Survival Skills Quest
        We will be adding an additional survival skills quest to help adventurers develop additional survival skills.
      • Mog Gardens Tutorial Quest
        A new quest will be added with Mog Gardens-related tutorials.
      • Limit Break Quests (New Jobs):
        Add limit break quests for Geomancer and Rune Fencer. The storyline for the jobs will pick up with the limit break quests and continue later with the artifact quests.
      • Coalition Assignments
        New coalition assignments will be added corresponding to the newly added areas.
      • Increased Bivouac Retention Rate
        We will adjust the Couriers' Coalition supplies assignments to increase the Frontier Bivouac status faster, and we will also increase the retention rate of Bivouacs.
      • Increased Ergon Locus Retention Rate
        We will adjust the Scouts' Coalition survey assignments to increase Ergon Locus status faster, and increase the retention rate of Ergon Loci.
      • New Seasonal Event
      • Continuous Login Event
    • August
      • Seekers of Adoulin Missions (second half)
        New story will be added about the Adoulin alliance.
        This will be implemented in two parts (July and August), with the second part encompassing more of the story.
      • Seekers of Adoulin Quests:
        We will be adding additional quests for the Adoulin alliance. These quests' progression will be independent from the colonization system, but are set to fit with the expanded world.
      • Artifact Quests (New Jobs)
        Add Artifact armor quests for Geomancer and Rune Fencer
      • Bivouac Delivery Bonuses
        We will set additional bonuses for Courier assignments based on the distance to the Bivouac and the current Bivouac supply status.
      • Ergon Locus Survey Bonuses
        We will set additional bonuses for Scout assignments based on the difficulty to access the Ergon Locus.

Areas / Monsters

• July
      • New Areas
        New areas will be unlocked, along with new monsters and NPCs, new Ergon Loci, and the placement of gathering and fishing locations within the new areas.
      • New Naakuals
        Additional Naakuals will be added with new Wildskeeper Reives.
      • New Monsters
        New monsters will be added for the new areas.

Content / Systems

• July
      • Mog Gardens
        Additional NPCs to sell related items, addition of the shore, grove, ore vein, garden, and pond systems along with the associated rank up functions for each. Addition of the Assistant function.
      • Additional Mummers' Coalition exchange items
      • Opening of the Adoulin Library
        Addition of an achievement function related to Seekers of Adoulin. Add browsable information relating to Seekers of Adoulin history (organizations, locales, important historical figures, etc.).
      • Additional Delve exchange items
        Addition of new ammunition, a new jug pet for Beastmasters, and a new throwing item for Summoners.
      • Skirmish Adjustments
        Ghastly stones will become sellable, and the bayld necessary to perform augmentation will be reduced.
      • Increased Coalition Rank
        The upper limit on coalition ranks will be raised to 4, along with the associated service and appearance enhancements as well as new items.
        In addition to the assignment adjustments, we will add NPCs with information regarding the Bivouacs' status.
        Adjustments to corresponding coalition assignments.
      • Increase Party Solicitaion Range
        The party solicitation range will be extended to allow invites across different regions.
      • Black-out Countermeasures
        Place a 35 character display limit in certain areas to help prevent game blackouts.
    • August
      • Mog Gardens Adjustments
      • Monstrosity System
        The Monstrosity system will be added allowing adventurers to turn into monsters and battle other monsters.
      • New Skirmish
      • Increased Coalition Rank
        The upper limit on coalition ranks will be raised to 7, along with the associated service and appearance enhancements as well as new items.
      • Black-out Countermeasures
        Configure maximum character displays for all areas to further prevent game blackouts
      • Implement Item Level
        Item level corresponding effects will be implemeted for checking targets and EXP acquisition.

Reive

• July
      • Wildskeeper Reives
        New Wildskeeper Reives along with corresponding new items will be added.
      • Wildskeeper Reive Entry cost
        The amount of Bayld necessary to purchase the key items to participate in Wildskeeper Reives will be reduced.
      • Colonization and Lair Reives
        New Colonization and Lair reives for the new areas will be added. New corresponding equipment will also be added.
      • Eliminate Reive Evaluation Categories
        The individually itemized evaluation method of colonization and lair reives will be eliminated. All aspects of participation will be evaluated simultaneously (physical and magical damage, recovery magic, etc.). Depending on the amount of HP reduced on the obstacle or boss, the accumulated evaluation value will be reflected with bayld and EXP rewards. These rewards will also be obtainable independently of the HP reduction to the obstacles.
      • Lair Reive Adjustments
        Parameters such as HP and attack strength, as well as the number of monsters and their sensing ranges will be reduced for Lair Reives in Ceizak Battlegrounds and Yahse Hunting Grounds.
      • Colonization Reive Adjustments
        Parameters such as HP and attack strength, as well as the number of monsters and their sensing ranges will be reduced for Colonization Reives in Ceizak Battlegrounds, Yahse Hunting Grounds, Sih Gates, and Moh Gates.
    • August
      • Add Effects to Reive Trophies

Item-Related
    • July
      • Additional items added to storage slips
      • New Equipment Added
      • New Synthesis Materials Added
      • New Bayld Exchange Items
        Including weapons, Puppetmaster Animator, and Summoner throwing items
      • New Synthesis Recipes
      • New Synergy Recipes
      • Simplified Representation of Item Performance
        [[This may be JP specific - talking about abbreviating certain gear statistics.]]
      • Item Level Notation
    • August
      • New Equipment Added
      • New Bayld Exchange Items
        Additional armor added
      • New Synthesis Recipes
        Add item level notation to corresponding equipment.
      • New Jobs' Artifact Equipment
        Addition of artifact equipment for Geomancer and Rune Fencer.

UI-Related
    • July
      • Improved Visibility of Ability/Magic Effect Ranges
        Improve the visibility of the effective range of magic, abilities, ranged attacks, pet commands, and trading.
      • 11th Anniversary Logo
        The FFXI 11th Anniversary logo will be added to the main screen.
      • Region Map
        Update region map to support the new areas.

In the past, we have traditionally delivered one-year road maps for FFXI. However, because it is difficult to accurately predict the implementation time of items, when we fell behind schedule, the accuracy of the individual items and their timing was off.

As a result, rather than unintentionally creating disappointment changing a public schedule, we will work hard to keep up the pace of updates, and in the future we will generally make comments that only reflect the contents of the next version update.

We are still working through the details, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not a lot of information, but some interesting talk about the design choices they made and the logic behind the kind of progression they implemented for Adoulin.

-----

Matsui: Content Level and Item Level

Hello, it's Matsui.

Thank you for all of your feedback on item levels (= content level).

In the past, I told you that I would have more information about content levels and item levels as we approached the update, so I would like to talk about that now.

About Content Level
    In Adoulin, players will become stronger and align their equipment with more and more challenging content that becomes available over time. The play cycle is designed so that players can start from the base, and improve their equipment from there. For Adoulin content, as an indicator of the difficulty of completing a content's objectives, we have established Content Levels.

The content levels so far are as follows:

[[Same table you've probably seen 10 times already with the content level of individual Adoulin content]].

Why not just raise the player level cap?

To be completely honest, raising the level cap was simply not an option. Therefore, we considered two proposals.

1. Increase the variety of gear available.
    In the traditional style, add a variety of coexisting top tier equipment, maintaining the pre-established hierarchy with Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons remaining at the top. Gear would be selected appropriately based on the situation and the player level would remain 99.

2. Extend the variation of equipment vertically.
    This is the path we chose. Here, the player level still remains 99; however, the player will continue to grow through newly added equipment.

We received many opinions at the time, such as those which said that the performance of the items did not match the difficulty of the content. We also received comments that many different pieces of equipment have similar performance in many situations.

We also had to consider that if we continue to only add a spread of equipment with little to no vertical growth, we would also be limited in increasing the strength of monsters. If this was the case, it would be difficult to create a new progression of content, so we did not think that the results of simply adding new similar gear would be desirable.

As a result, after many studies in which we considered the current status of the game and the future prospects that we had, we decided to stretch the variety of equipment vertically.

By the way, there are a couple of reasons that we did not have the option to raise the level cap. As you know, the level of the support job is currently restricted to 49. By allowing you to increase past this, we would have to put partial restrictions on job traits and job abilities. We would also have new balance issues and would have to work through further increasing the levels of job traits.

Additionally, the current FFXI UI is not designed to be able to display higher than level 99. In order to display parameters above level 99, we would have to recreate various components of the UI.

Item Level (Part 1)
    By choosing growth via equipment as our design basis, there was a major difference from the past. In the past, parameters increased with new equipment available, as well as with the player's level itself. Now, the approach is to grow the player through equipment alone. As a result, the performance jumps on the equipment are larger than before, but the basic concept remains the same.

In the past, gaining the experience to defeat stronger monsters was accomplished by increasing the player's level and collecting powerful equipment. In Adoulin, to take on more challenging content and monsters, you will grow by just collecting more powerful equipment.

To put it succinctly,
    • Growth is not accomplished by level.
    • The strength of equipment based on equippable level is not set by the same conventions as before.

For these reasons, the strength of equipment does not depend on equipment level, but on the challenge level of the content involved in obtaining the equipment.

Item Level (Part 2)
    I want to discuss in a bit more detail how the strength of equipment is dependent on content level rather than equipment level.

The strength of monsters which appear in Adoulin content is designed to match the corresponding content level. (In order to have a hierarchy between the content, the designed strength between the content levels varies significantly.)'

Next, by calculating the parameters which are required for players to be able to compete with these monsters, the parameters of the Adoulin equipment were set, using "Item Level" as an indicator of the strength of the equipment.

Meaning of Item Level and Content Level
    Essentially, we want you to use item level and content level as indicators for you to determine when you are ready to take on new content.

However, in addition to this, with the way varying strategies evolve, and unique properties that can be gained from other equipment, we do not want you to think that you have no chance in the new content if you do not have equipment of a certain item level.

It intended only to be interpreted as a guide to some extent.

Some of the equipment added earlier in Adoulin exceeds item level 100; however, at present it is somewhat difficult to judge. Once we add labeled item levels and new, higher level equipment, it will be easier to understand.

For equipment which has been granted augmented statistics, we originally intended for the item level to be determined by the values of the augments. However, this is difficult given the current mechanism, so for equipment that can be augmented, the item level displayed assumes that the equipment has been granted the highest possible augment values. I apologize for any incovenience this might cause.

Also, item levels and content levels were established so that everyone has an index and can more objectively understand the strength of monsters and the performance of equipment when new content and equipment are implemented.

In part, this will help us determine content level and items based on the difficulty when new content is added. It is also important that we establish item level so that we have a reference for establishing new items or content at the same content levels.

As an example, with these defined values, it will be easier to determine whether the performance of items truly does match the difficulty of the content from which they are determined. It will also be easier for us to see when we need to add to the variety of equipment available for a certain level, or to decide when and whether we need to adjust the difficulty of particular content.

Summary

Up to this point, I've discussed the reasoning and concepts. We've seen that there have been two main criticisms regarding item level and content level.

1. The concept of content level is not functioning well.
    As part of this, I will quote a post I made last month.

[[Self-quoted post about the large gap in content level to delve bosses and the need to fill that gap in, as well as add content for solo and small groups.]]

Also, please review the overview of reive adjustments. We will continue to review and adjust existing content like this. (Please allow me to explain in more detail in a future post.)

2. We cannot play this content in small groups.

When choosing to play in small groups, there are not many options available for obtaining new equipment, and I believe this situation needs to be addressed. We will continue to work on the development of adjusting and introducing new content for solo or small groups with high priority.

In the next version update, we will allow for small group support in Reives, along with the addition of newly available Bayld equipment. Some items have not been fully completed at this point, but will become available later, so I'd like to apologize for that.

We have also received a lot of feedback that players who do not have top tier gear find it difficult to participate in the highest content level content, and are having difficulty in obtaining the new equipment.

We do not plan to make any adjustments so that the same equipment is available with different, easier methods, but we plan to add new equipment which closes the gap as time passes. Then, later on in the future, we will adjust the difficulty of the content for everyone in order to make the content easier to complete for varying play styles.

Please continue to share with us your ideas about content level and item level; I will be happy to continue to answer your questions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really like reading his opinion posts. They always seem more interesting to me than the ones that provide real details.

-----

Matsui: On Item/Content Level, Group Content, and More

Hello, it's Matsui.

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. I wanted to provide some additional feedback since my first post.

Even now, I still love Final Fantasy XI. For many of the players who are playing today, I think that having experiences in the game with group content is a way to shake off their shyness.

In the sense of difficulty and rewards, Delve is the highest level content in the game right now. One of the discussions among the development team prior to its introduction was whether to make this content alliance-scale.

Although there is some sense that it is difficult to gather a group of players right now; we thought there would be enthusiasm with the progression and growth in this content (such as there used to be in Dynamis), so in the end we decided to move forward with the content created for alliances.

In many MMOs today, it is the norm to be able to reach the highest level solo. Auto-party is another feature in many massively multiplayer battles which does not require the time and effort of the player to find a group. Although this would make it easier to play, there are too many things missing for FFXI to reach that point.

Because of this, the original goal to our team was to create content which gave players an opportunity to break out of their shell - content which would be fun to participate in simply by just being around other players, and we believe Delve will grow into this type of content.

On the other hand, without participating in Delve, we will need to add more higher-level content for solo and small groups in which players can obtain new equipment. The spread in content difficulty has become too great, and it can be difficult for individual players to keep up.

In that sense, rather than rushing to adding the next Delve content, we plan to focus on adding a greater variety of equipment available at similar content (item) levels, such as we have in the past at levels 75 and 99. Additionally, we also think we should focus on the adjustments and upgrades to job-specific equipment and Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapons before focusing on new top-tier content.

While certain aspects may become repetitive, by continuing to play you will eventually achieve your goals. That said, we also want to add a choice of different activities to partake in, which appeal to different tastes and play styles (for example, those who may skip over easier content). By doing this, we will continue to close that content level gap which is currently too wide.

Although it is important that we continue as we originally planned, player feedback of content that we have now released is very important, and we must review our priorities for implementation of new content. For example, please continue to give us feedback such as the opinions on adding more solo and small group content.

I hope to hear more honest feedback from everyone in the future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Version Update Addendum

I added an item for battle system-related features to the contents of the July/August version updates post.

Battle System-Related
    • July
      • New Job Merit Points
        Geomancer and Rune Fencer
      • Adjustment Minimum Enmity Value
        Adjustment to the minimum enmity value that can be generated by job abilities and magic
      • Elemental Magic Adjustments
        Adjustments to damage, MP consumption, casting time, and recast time for elemental magic
      • Adjustments to One-Handed/Hand-to-Hand/Ranged Weapons
        Adjustments to the stat correction values for one-handed, hand-to-hand, and ranged weapons
      • Adjustments to Steal and Despoil
        Separation of the recast timers for Steal and Despoil
      • Geomancer Adjustments
        Shortening the casting and recast time of Geocolure and Indicolure spells. Addition of job traits Clear Mind and Max MP Boost. Changing of learning levels for Conserve MP traits. Addition of Sleep and Sleep II to available spells along with native enfeebling magic skill.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm guessing he took some heat for his really limited description as to why the cap couldn't go past 99, so here's some elaboration on that.

-----

Matsui: Level 99 Cap

Good evening! Matsui here.

Sorry about the late post. I wanted to add-on a bit to my description as to why increasing the level cap was not an option for us. Please note that the contents of this post use some fairly complicated terminology.

• Development Consensus

As a consensus of the development team, the current UI display imposes a level limit in that it cannot exceed 99. There were many significant reasons behind choosing level 99 for this specification.

I should mention with respect to development, that these items are usually defined as variables with as much margin as possible.

However, with multiple elements such as save data and communication packets coming into play, increasing the number of bits being transferred could affect the performance of the game as there are many locations where this communication happens. Additionally, in the descriptions for events and content, etc., in FFXI, although they use simple text, they were all written under the assumption that the level cap would not exceed 99.

• Problem with Man Hours

If we wanted to push the level cap to 100 or beyond, we would have to start with expansive research. We would have to look not only into it from a programming level, but also in the developed scripts for events and content which have level descriptions. The time to check all of these various items, re-write as necessary, and validate, was beyond the scope of the six months that we had to the point where we needed to release the Adoulin master, so it was not possible to increase the level cap and make it in time for release.

For the reasons described above, I chose not to raise the level cap.

That said, to carry on the with new development for FFXI in the future, I believe that additional player growth, now through item growth, is still necessary.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Introduction of Adjustments and New Content

One more thing.

There are many types of FFXI players, but at level 99 the situation was such that players would exhaustively play each new type of high-level content as it was released until it was replaced with another newer type of content. In order to replace this feeling of stagnation, I preferred the introduction of content along a vertical spectrum, from Reive to Skirmish to Delve.

In terms of Delve, while a lot of people have said they've had fun, we know there are also a lot of people who have gotten stuck and have given up on the challenge, but we do not intend for this to remain the situation forever.

While we are finalizing the contents of the July version update now and the content of the items to be implemented in the August are mostly finalized, later version updates have not yet been finalized, and we would like you to talk with us on the order of priority of implementation.

For example, right now we are looking into the following types of things:
    • New battle content for single players or small groups (with NPCs). Something along the lines of Meeble Burrows, Adoulin edition.
    • Expansion of non-battle content, such as synthesis
    • Continued renovation of Reives
    • Addition of solo-friendly battle content.
    • Adjustment of colonization rate development in response to player actions.
    • Strengthening and Adjustments to Equipment. Specifically, job-specific equipment, and relic/mythic/empyrean/coin weapons.

First, to increase the variety, we want to supplement the content level gaps with new content. More than anything, we want to focus on raising equipment level through solo or small group activities, so we are preparing to implement as much as possible from this standpoint.

So looking ahead past the July and August version updates, although it might be some time before I can deliver new information, I will follow up as soon as I can.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

NA Exclusive: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post451947
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit
    We currently do not have plans to increase the effect or reduce the cost of Scroll of Instant Protect. As this scroll provides Protect regardless of what main job/support job you are, the development team feels the benefit provided is just right.
    Currently scrolls of instant protect cost 1000 Bayld and give Protect III. It's stupid and SE is wrong, but really? Did we have to waste our monthly exclusive post on that?

Stuff Slycer missed today that team NA caught:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...992#post452992
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji Fujito
    In regards to this request, there is one large reason why we haven’t been able to easily say yes to this.

Simply increasing the amount of layer areas would result in an extreme increase in server lag.

I'm sure many of you are thinking, "What? Lag again?" However, we have data to base this on.

With the recent Salvage "Design Plan Drop Rate Doubled Campaign", the number of areas reached the threshold for the server and server latency bugs began popping up here and there.

These bugs were due to our own lack of gauging the settings and we accept the blame for that. However, what we want you to understand is that the creation of layer areas utilizes a vast amount of server resources (you think of it as the power required to run them).

Layer areas are a system used by various content, and the total amount of server resources (power) has been determined. In the event that we were to simply allow everything to be soloed, we predict that the layer areas would increase exponentially.

Especially considering what would happen on the weekends, I think you can understand why we are hesitant to do this development-wise.

However, we have no intention to deny solo play for layer area content and we think that layer area creation could be allowable for soloing depending on the days and times when concurrency (as well as the number of layer areas) is low.
    (For example, making every Wednesday a day that you can solo Salvage.)

There are various other methods that can be thought of, but given the opportunity this is something that we would like to try out.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...890#post452890
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko Matsui
    Hello, Matsui here.

I'd like to inform you about the adjustments to the damage values of physical blue magic spells.

We are currently making preparations to implement the full-blown adjustments to the damage values of physical blue magic spells in August.

There's a reason why I am saying "full-blown" here and I would like to explain what I mean by this.

With the July version update it has become possible to increase the damage value of physical blue magic spells depending on the weapon you have equipped in your main hand, but in order for this to take place the weapon must have an item level displayed and there has to be stats that modify the weapon's skill.

While this was implemented in the July version update, there are not many weapons that fulfill the above criteria at this point in time and I wanted to let you know ahead of time.
    (In the July version update the only one that fulfills the criteria is a club from a new Naakual.)

The adjustment that was made in the July version update was performed in preparation for the new equipment and stat adjustments on existing equipment that will occur in the August version update. I apologize to keep you waiting until August, but we appreciate your patience.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 'NOC_EU"
    We have confirmed the following issue as of Jul. 9, 2013. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue is addressed.

[Issue Details]
    - An issue wherein if a player puts points into the following merit point categories, the cool down of the corresponding job abilities is decreased.

* Geomancer: Full Circle

* Rune Fencer: Rune Enchantment / Vallation / Lunge / Pflug

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post453342

Stuff today:

Mog Gardens
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...861#post453861
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji Fujito
    Hello.

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions!
    I'd like to keep them in consideration and make some comments about the work we are doing for the August version update.

First, I'd like to start by responding to some of the requests we've seen.

• Mog Locker usage

We will be proactively addressing this.
    • Yell support

We'll be looking into this much like we are confirming whether it's possible to do this for Mog Houses. We will most likely have this addressed with a filter that you can turn on and off.
    • Item usage

While we won't be making all items usable, we will be addressing this restriction in the August version update. We will be selecting the items that won't result in any problems from the usable items list. Also, as long as we don't find any issues with enchantment-type items, we will make them usable as well.
    • Magic and ability usage

Sorry, but this is not possible. This is an area where battle-related data does not work at all.
    • Delivery system

We first need to investigate whether or not this is possible system-wise. Also, regardless of the result, it's critical that we proceed carefully to see if we need RMT countermeasures. Though, I personally would like to see this added.
    • New inventory space

While this isn't impossible, it isn't easy. By increasing this it would result in an increase in the amount of data downloaded every time you change areas, and consequently cause the amount of server memory used to increase. However, we will look into this.
    • Quest progression

For the tutorial quest "Flotsam Finding" I apologize that it's inconsiderate that it asks for 5 empty inventory spaces. We really wanted to do something about this in the August version update; however, since this is when a reward item is being given, it's necessary to trade it at the same time. We didn't have enough time to create a system like the Voidwatch treasure chests. We will try to revamp the access to the moogles.

Next, I'd like to let you know what we are working on for August.

• Unlocking rank 4 and 5

While the pace might be a bit fast, we are preparing to unlock these ranks. After unlocking these we'd like to operate with rank 5 being the cap.
    • "Light of a star" exchange

We will be introducing a service where you can exchange the "light of a star" you accumulate once a day with GPS crystals. We will let you know more details near the version update.
    • Assistant contract items

Have you hired an assistant already? As mentioned in the July version update text, by trading contract items (Dragoneye, Rusted Coin, Fat Burrow Worm) to the Green Thumb Moogle, you will be able to extend each assistant's contract period. However, the time extended will be slightly lower than the extension gained by using gil.

These are all the major things we will be doing, and we will also be fixing minor bugs and making minor adjustments. Please note that there is a possibility that we will not be able to get all of your requests in by the August version update.

Thank you and please have fun with Mog Gardens!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...856#post453856
    Greetings,

I'd like to apologize that one item was left off of the version update announcement. We've increased the magic resistance value cap for both characters and monsters.

As a result of this adjustment, we've been receiving reports that Kurma's resistances to certain spells have gone way up, and we will be making edits to reduce the resistances to these spells.

Currently the development team and QA team are making the fixes and performing testing, and as long as there are no major issues we will be implementing these fixes during tomorrow's maintenance.

Once the maintenance time has been decided we will make an announcement on PlayOnline News. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we address this.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...220#post454220
    Hello, Matsui here.

I would like to apologize for leaving out two items from the version update notes:
    -The magical resistance value cap for both characters and monsters has been increased
    -A bug wherein it was possible to charm monsters that could not originally be charmed has been addressed

This happened because the development team didn't provided the needed information to the operations team. The information was also not properly shared within the development team itself.

I feel that the development team has a tendency to prioritize implementation over communication in order to meet deadlines. Going forward, I've taken steps to ensure that they place the same amount of importance on properly communicating information to users as they do for implementation. I'll continue to repeat this and make sure we are thorough.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences caused by this.

Combat Skill+
    Hello, Matsui here.

Thanks for all the feedback on the July version update.

Since we've received quite a few questions about the "combat skill +" stat that has been added to new items, I'd like to talk a bit about this as well as talk about future plans.

• What is "combat skill +"?

This is a new bonus stat that is being added to weapons, and it is different than the stat that originally appeared on armor (Though, there are some exceptions. Scathacha for example, but the stat is the same as that which appears on armor.)

• How is this different than the "combat skill +" that we’ve seen up until now?

The main weapon and sub weapon are calculated independently.

• Why did you decide to add "combat skill +"?

In the event we were to adjust "accuracy +" and "attack +", it would conflict with dual-wielding.

This is an issue that has been brought up previously. We have to take into consideration that weapons can be dual-wielded when adding stats, because when we add things like "accuracy +" and "attack +" that apply to sub weapons, it will always make dual-wielding the best choice.

Similarly, there were aspects that would make adjusting one-handed and two-handed weapons even more difficult.

In order to solve this, we implemented a new system, "combat skill +".

• But, aren't you only adding "combat skill +" to certain weapons?

With some exceptions, we will be adding this stat to weapons with an item level above 100.

• Please go into a bit more detail.

With weapons that are implemented moving forward, we'll be adding the proportionate amount of "combat skill +" to match the item level of the weapon.

For existing weapons, we plan on switching out "accuracy +" and "attack +" for "combat skill +".

Especially for one-handed weapons, after making the switch to "combat skill +", you’ll be able to better assess the accuracy and attack for dual-wielding.

• Tell us which weapons "combat skill +" will be added to.

I'll share with you a couple of examples of the weapons we will be adjusting in the August version update. (Since this is still in-development, the values may be changed, but they are pretty much set.)

• Camatlatia (reward from Achuka)

Before: DMG: 76 Delay: 240 STR +8 Fire +20 Physical damage taken -4%
    After: DMG: 76 Delay: 240 STR +8 Fire +20 Sword Skill +67 Parry Skill +67 Physical damage taken -4%

• Iztaasu (Skirmish weapon)

Before: DMG: 68 Delay: 236
    After: DMG: 68 Delay: 236 Sword Skill +54 Parry Skill +54

• Forefront Blade (Bayld weapon)

Before: DMG: 71 Delay: 247 Accuracy +15 Reives: DMG: 89 Accuracy +25
    After: DMG: 71 Delay: 247 Accuracy +15 Attack +7 Sword Skill +63 Parry Skill +25 Reives: DMG: 89 Accuracy +25

• What about relics, mythics, and empyreans?

While it will not take place in the August version update, we will be adjusting these to make them higher than item level 100.

I tried to answer some of the major questions that were brought up with post.

I'd like to also apologize once again for the large feeling of uneasiness towards the current adjustments due to the new equipment implementation and stat adjustments taking place in August.

The entire development team is working as hard as possible to get everything in to the August version update. Thank you very much for your patience.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Future Plans for Colonization and Lair Reives

Hello, it's Matsui.

In the July version update, we made adjustments in some areas to support small groups and soloing for lair and colonization reives.

Today, I would like to talk a little more about our future adjustment plans for colonization and lair reives.

• Colonization Reives
      We are considering reducing the HP of the obstacles.

We understand that with lower HP it will be more difficult to earn Bayld; however, as we move forward with new quests and other content, we believe this change is needed so that players can move through the areas in small groups.

To prioritize ease of passage, we will not adjust the reappearance interval for the battles. However, we will give some bonus amount to the Bayld received at the time of completion.

Additionally, since the colonization rate is tied to Colonization Reive battles (although these can be bypassed with Bivouacs or certain survival skills), the act of players advancing through the wilderness will lead to a more natural progression in the colonization rate.

• Lair Reives
      We will continue to adjust the Bayld earned for these.

Currently, all reives in the same area are the same difficulty.

We plan to adjust this so that Lair Reives which are located in more secluded areas will be more difficult battles in which it will be easier to earn Bayld. With this adjustment, you'll be able to choose which battle to participate in based on circumstances such as how many people you have with you.

However, if we make only this adjustment, certain Lair Reives may become more difficult to find available than others. Therefore, when we make certain battles more difficult, we will also reduce the reappearance interval.

Additionally, in a busier Reive, the speed can be very fast, so we will also raise the evaluation values received by combat.

This was a simple explanation, but I just wanted to explain our plans moving forward.

Future adjustments will be based on these plans. In the version update in August, we will adjust some of the areas, depending on last-minute tweaks and quality control/development team review. When I have more information, I will let you know (as of right now, the plans are to make adjustments for Foret de Hennetiel and Morimar Basalt Fields).

Also, if you have comments about Colonization / Lair / Wildskeeper Reives, because they were originally all being mixed up, I made separate threads.

(links)

I hope to see feedback from everyone in the future as we continue to strive to make the most enjoyable game possible.

Thanks!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The stats on equipment with item levels displayed will be adjusted.

- If both item level and "combat skill+" are present on the item you equip as a main weapon, the following will be affected:
    The number of Utsusemi shadow images consumed from physical AoE attacks.
    The interruption rate on spell casting.

- The strength of enemies level 100+ will be displayed differently when inspecting them while an item with item level 100 and above has been equipped.

JP test server .dat mine

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up248076.txt

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Today's Test Server Update (Item Adjustments)

Hello, it's Matsui.

In today's update on the test server, you will be able to see the new performance of updated equipment for "combat skill +" based on item level.

The content and data on the test server are not yet fixed, and will still be fine-tuned moving forward. However, they will not vary substantially from here, so this will be the approximate performance.

Let me talk about the contents of what is currently reflected on the test server:

• Reason for the Adjustment

In my last post regarding "combat skill +" implementation, I exlpained the main reason why we will be adding this to existing equipment and moving forward.

Additionally, in the future, as we continue to implement adjustments and enhancements for existing equipment, we will be able to strengthen their specifications as well. Note that in the current programming of FFXI, the number of equipment benefits that can be bestowed on each piece are limited, so we will have to consider this further.
    • Adjustment Overview

Basically, the adjustments will add some value to the current overall performance of the equipment.

• Weapons

For weapons with "accuracy + (ranged accuracy +)" and "attack + (ranged attack +)," these statistics have been replaced with "combat skill +".

Because the attack/accuracy values will be reduced, it might seem that the weapons have become weaker at first glance, but their overall performance has not been lowered. Additionally, for hand-to-hand weapons, since the DMG value rises with increasing skill, the DMG rating itself has been reduced slightly, but the final calculated DMG will not be impacted.

In addition to "combat skill +," various other parameters have also been granted.

• Armor
        For armor, we will raise defense, HP, MP, and grant various parameters such as STR. Prior to these adjustments, specs granted by many individual armor pieces gave small benefits, and there was a lot of equipment which was good in one regard but lacking in others.

Note that for many pieces of equipment since individual parameters are tied together, with these adjustments, there will be some parameters which have been reduced from current values. However, the overall performance of each adjusted piece is set to be better than before.

• Other Adjustments (Part 1)
      For Lehbrailg, we have changed the equipment job from BLM/SCH/GEO to WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/SCH/GEO.
    • Other Adjustments (Part 2)
      • If you are equipped with multiple pieces of equipment which display item level, the message displayed when examining enemies will be based on the average level of the equipment.
      • Because the level of monsters which grant experience is now extremely wide and "easy prey" is not easy to understand, we have added a new message indicated "very easy" targets.
      • We have not carried out the adjustments to EXP based on item level.

• Other adjustments (Part 3)
      If you have a main weapon which displays both item level and combat skill values, the consumption of Utsusemi shadows and spell interruption rate when casting spells will be adjusted.