FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Reive Adjustments

Thank you for all of your feedback.

Based on the comments we've received from everyone so far, we looked into future adjustments. Because this content is in development, there is a possibility that it may change before implementation. Please be advised that not all content discussed may be added.

Wildskeeper Reives

Understanding the Battle Situation
    By examining the entrance to a Wildskeeper Reive, you'll be able to determine the number of people inside the area and the remaining HP of the Naakual. Additionally, you'll be able to see how much the HP changes per minute so you can confirm whether it is decreasing.

Additionally, since the strength of Naakuals varies with colonization rate, I want players to be able to confirm the content level at that time. We will also be displaying the content level for other content like Delve and Skirmish.

These changes will be introduced in the next version update, scheduled for fall.

Reward Items
    Currently, after defeating the Naakuals, you can obtain items of your choosing after meeting certain conditions in the Celennia Memorial Library. Although this can only be done once, in other content which we are adding in the future, you'll also be able to obtain Naakual rewards if certain conditions are met.

Additionally, we will be adding additional drops which are worth a bit more, such as magic scrolls (e.g. Geomancy scrolls) or coupons that can be exchanged for Bayld.

Measures to Maintain Participation
    Once people have collected all of the rewards from the Naakuals, there is no reason to continue to attempt to defeat them. As the number of participants drop, it will be more difficult to complete these battles, so we have plans for players who have already earned rewards to continue to participate in the future.

For details on the plans, we are planning to add new equipment and also upgrade existing Naakual equipment. We will also review the level design once the Naakuals are completed.

Colonization/Lair Reives

Update Reive Trophies and add NPCs
    As in Campaign, we will be adding NPCs which participate in Lair and Colonization Reives. There will be a variety of NPCs that function to deal damage, play defensively, or give support effects. Additionally, the NPCs that participate will be strengthened with the rank of the Peacekeepers' Coalition.

Also, we will be working on reviewing and updating Reive trophy items.

These changes will be introduced in the next version update, scheduled for fall.

Add Methods to Bypass Obstacles in Colonization Reives
    As a result of the reductions to nest and obstacle HP in the July and August version updates, we got a lot of feedback that earning Bayld became more difficult in these battles.

Since we've gotten feedback asking to both make it easier to get through Colonization Reives, but also that players want to earn more Bayld in Colonization Reives, it's difficult to satisfy both of these at the same time. Therefore, we are planning to allow for players to bypass Colonization Reives by satisfying certain conditions.

Once we have finalized the method by which players can pass through the colonization reives, we will increase the HP of enemies and obstacles back to the state prior to the July and August version updates so that it is easier for players to earn Bayld.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Tractor Spec Change in Wildskeeper Reives

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to give some additional information on the specification changes to Tractor.

Along with the version update in Autumn, we will be changing the specifications of Tractor so that players do not change areas when accepting Tractor in a Wildskeeper Reive.

The reason we are limiting this to Wildskeeper Reives at this time is that the terrain area for Tractor is limited and it may result in additional GM calls for characters being stuck. Since Tractor can relocate players anywhere, it must be verified on all portions of a map, so there is a high likelihood that we could run into problems. Please understand that because of this, to prevent problems from occurring, we must carefully verify the specification changes prior to introduction.

If no problems occur within Wildskeeper Reives, then we plan to expand this adjustment to additional targeted content. If you have any feedback on content which could utilize this adjustment to Tractor, please let us know.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito: Yorcia Skirmish Congestion

Hello.

While I'm not in charge of this topic, I wanted to respond on behalf of the development team on this.

I want to comment a bit on congestion within the Skirmish instance which may cause those who disconnect from the instance to be unable to return.

After the update, we have confirmed that this has impacted both Yorcia Weald [U] and Cirdas Caverns [U].

To briefly explain how the area instance is managed, there is a group of dedicated servers which processes all resources (memory, processing, etc.) for all instanced areas in Vana'diel. In addition to Delve and Skirmish in Seekers of Adoulin, this also includes certain quests and missions from Seekers of Adouiln.

The resources are managed by setting an upper limit on the number of generated instances of each area. As there is a considerable number of people who want to participate in the content, it is difficult to devote a lot of the resources exclusively to Skirmish.

We are checking trends within the area daily, however, and we will reconsider the resource allocation after we take a look at the overall situation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Reive Follow-ups

Thanks for your quick feedback.

In Yorcia and Marjami, the job-specific capes drop, and people also gather in Ceizak and Yahse because they have been made easy. Morimar and Hennetiel are supposed to have been left somewhere in the middle.

If the situation is left as is, people will be concentrated in only the easiest and most recently added areas in order to obtain bayld and treasure.

Also, for Naakuals in the intermediate areas, can you provide some other type of benefits for players who continue to participate (some type of points or something)?

As you pointed out, players are focused on certain areas, and we recognize this and have had discussions about in within the development team.

While we're still just looking into this for the moment, we'd like to add a new purpose for each area. For example, one update we could do would be to add new job-specific accessories to each area. This could help to improve the increase of the colonization rate in these areas which would allow some coalition assignments to be more easily completed.

If you return the reives to the initial state, will we no longer be able to complete them solo or in small groups?

We plan to balance the content so that it can be completed in small groups or solo with the participation of assistant NPCs.

With regards to the participation of the NPCs, while there are some benefits, we also recognize the opinions that it might be more difficult to obtain Bayld because of the addition of the NPCs, so please continue that discussion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Pretty much confirmation that the updated AF armor will be the same graphics as the original AF. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda look forward to seeing some of these pieces around again (even if it's just for the lulz).

-----

Matsui: Equipment Graphics

Hello, it's Matsui.

We receive a lot of feedback on the graphics and art of equipment that we add.

We plan to continue to add equipment with new graphics in the future, but not only that, we also plan to add equipment with graphics which have previously gained popularity in the past (first, we plan to add AF equipment with displayed item level in a version update this fall).

As we continue to add new equipment, the team in charge of items will continue to monitor the situation. Please look forward to these additions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito: Random Adoulin Stuff

Hello!

We've received a lot of questions so I'd like to respond to a few that I can answer right now.

• Add new gathering points.
      The number of points that are added determines the output of items for the entire server. Since we need to balance this, it would be difficult to simply increase the number of gathering points.

• Certain gathering points become "lost."
      As a few of you have said, as you collect items mining, logging, and harvesting, points move to another location after a certain time.
      One of the themes of Seekers of Adoulin is "colonization," and so there are certain gathering points which you can only access by utilizing certain survival skills or passing through colonization reives.
      However, we understand that certain gathering points move to difficult-to-reach places and get stuck for a period of time, so we are planning to have these move after being stuck for a certain period of time.

• I want the equipment styles of Adoulin NPCs.
      For many NPCs, the costumes they wear are designed specifically for them, not for players to equip. Because of this, for costumes that are NPC-only, it cannot simply be added as player equipment, so there are no plans to do this.

• Other Bug Reports
      We will be replying individually to those who have reported bugs so far. It is very helpful if you can submit a complete error report when you are reporting a bug. I know there are a lot of parts to fill out, but it is important that we have this information to verify the bug. We definitely make use of all components on the form, so please submit your information using the report form.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Item Storage

It's Matsui.

Now that work on the fall update is moving forward, I wanted to provide some more information about item storage.

In the fall version update, we are planning to increase the number of items that players can store.

As I've said previously, however, there is a trade-off between increasing the number of items that players can store and load on the servers increasing, so some restrictions may be required.

This implementation is planned in order to increase the convenience for all players. Please note that this may or may not be the type of storage which is accessible outside the mog house (like the mog satchel).

We appreciate your patience as we plan the implementation.

Matsui: Vana'diel Census

Hello, it's Matsui.

With regard to the Vana'diel Census that was supposed to be published in August - the publication schedule was delayed in order for us to prioritize the work for the version update as well as other development work. We will announce a new release date as soon as we determine the schedule.

In this census we'll be talking about the monsters which players have defeated most, the number of certain items that have been received and popularity rankings from Seekers of Adoulin, and some information about Mog Garden and Monstrosity which were added in July and August.

Please hold on a bit longer for the publication of the Vana'diel Census.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edited post above to reflect official translation saying that it might be the kind of storage accessible outside the Mog House, pending their review of the situation.

New info on Porter Moogle below. People seriously complaining about the fact that there is a Moogle in their Mog House? In their MOG house?

-----

Matsui: Mog Garden Porter Moogle

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to inform you of our progress about requests to allow Mog Storage deposits to take place in the Mog House.

Since this cannot be addressed by the Moogle currently in the Mog House, we would have to install a new "Porter Moogle" into Mog Houses, similar to on the test server. This would add another Moogle into the Mog House, so from the point of view of people who collect furniture, some of whom would already like the current Mog House Moogle to be able to be hidden, the situation could be troubling. In order to allow for a setting to show/hide the Mog House Moogle, because the Moogle is also involved in quest events, there would be high technical barriers to overcome.

Taking the above into account, addressing the situation in the Mog House could be difficult, so we are currently looking into adding a Porter Moogle into the Mog Garden. Inside the Mog Garden, we expect to be able to add a setting which allows you to show/hide the Porter Moogle.

We aim to include this in the fall version update; however, we will have to consider this along with other items planned for implentation and balance the workload, so please note that the timing is not yet confirmed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Blue Magic Adjustments

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to speak a bit about adjustments to blue magic.

In the July version update, we updated physical blue magic so that D value of the spells was dependent on the combat skill+ present on the main weapon. However, the development team believes that we need to further adjust the power of blue magic spells. Based on this, in the fall version update, we will make additional adjustments to physical blue magic so that the attack value rises with the combat skill+ value present on the main weapon.

Additionally, we also plan to add new blue magic in the fall version update. We will talk some more about the new blue magic spells once we are at a stage where we can give you all of the details.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This problem is arguably even worse in FFXIV.

-----

Matsui: Post-Raise KO

We are looking into potential solutions to address players being KO'ed during the Raise animation prior to re-engaging in combat, and an adjustment to this would not be specific to Reive.

We've considered whether we can apply the battle preparation period effect granted to monsters immediately after beginning Monstrosity, but we found that there are would be systematic problems with applying the effect to adventurers.

We will continue to work on this project, but we must tread carefully as it can have influence on a variety of content and systems. I will follow up with you once we have additional progress to report.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Magic Accuracy

I wanted to respond about magic accuracy.

This is not specific to blue magic, but for all magic, we plan to adjust magic accuracy so that when you are equipped with an item level main weapon, the magic accuracy rises with the strength of the weapon.

I want to note that we are currently aiming to include this adjustment in the fall version update. Once we are at the verification stage, I will provide more details about the specific adjustments.

Matsui: Beastmaster Adjustments

In the fall version update, we plan to allow all pets of the rabbit family called by Call Beast, not only Lucky Lulush, to be able to use Wild Carrot.

Regarding other beastmaster adjustments we are currently considering, I will tell you what I can based on what has been confirmed by the developer in charge.

• Add One-handed Axe with Item Level
      We are planning to add new Bayld exchange equipment, including the Axe, in the fall version update. For the item level of the new equipment, it will fall somewhere between that of the current Bayld exchange equipment (item level 106) and that of the equipment which can be obtained from Yorcia Weald Skirmishes (item level 113).

• Strengthening of Pets
      For pets called by Call Beast, we will make adjustments to raise their attack, defense, accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, and magic attack. We will continue to make adjustments for pets in the future as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Assigning different names to the wrap-up stuff seems so phony to me, lol. If you remove the names and pull all the sentences together it just looks like one paragraph.

-----

Matsui: Beastmaster Follow-up

I was missing some information in my post yesterday so I wanted to reply with a correction.

For pets, we will be adjusting:

Attack / Defense / Accuracy / Evasion / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack / Magic Evasion

[[note: Magic Evasion has once again been removed from the adjustment scope, see post #320 below]]

Because these items are still under adjustment, please understand that we have not finalized the details.

Weekly Wrap-up

Matsui: The extreme weather continued last week, but I wonder if things are about to change. It feels a little cool in Tokyo, like autumn is just around the corner.

Ito: Speaking of the fall, we expect to announce the dates of the fall version updates in the near future. We hope to get this information to you as soon as possible.

Fujito: Because of the volume of content we will be introducing in the fall, we plan to implement the content in two updates.

Iwagami: For Monstrosity PvP content, we plan to get it in early with the first of the updates. We're currently in the middle of testing work and we'll provide more details like the rules, etc., in the near future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Iwagami: Monstrosity Area Support

Hello!

I wanted to give you an update on adjustments regarding one of the items from the fall version update.

• Area Support Expansion

As we reported earlier, we plan to increase the available areas for large monsters, specifically those to get through the higher level ranges. Currently, we are planning on adding support for Uleguerand Range and Lufaise Meadows (this is not yet certain as we will need to complete testing for glitches).

For other details, such as information about Monipulators vs. Adventurers, we will have some more news in the near future, so please stay tuned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mocchi: Ninjutsu Shadow Consumption

[In response to someone saying they haven't seen any changes with the Ninjutsu update]

In the August 6th version update, we adjusted the Utsusemi Ninjutsu so that the consumption of shadows when being attacked is reduced based on the combat skill+ value present on the equipped weapon.

The reduced consumption of shadows will be dependent on the sum of this combat skill and the Ninjutsu skill. We confirmed on the development side that for attacks which consumed three shadows previously, they typically consume 1-2 shadows now.

However, because there is a chance that it is not functioning correctly, please submit a bug report using the template. For more thorough verification, please provide the weapon used and specify the monster you were fighting.

Mocchi: ToAU Beastman Kings

[In response to a post talking about the beastmen kings saying how the repop timer is ridiculous for the current state of FFXI, etc.]

Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long, but I have a response on the repop interval for Gulool Ja Ja / Gurfurlur the Menacing / Medusa.

We have continued to study the repop interval of these monsters carefully because defeating them is a necessary part of acquiring a Mythic weapon. As a result of our study, based on the relaxed difficulty of Salvage and the upcoming upgrades scheduled for Mythic weapons, we concluded that we will not be reducing the repop interval at this time.

Of course, this is only our conclusion for the moment, and we may change this in the future - we will let you know if this is the case.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Mog House Delivery

Hello, it's Matsui. I wanted to relay some news I got from Fujito.

In the fall version update, it will become possible to deliver items from your Mog House. More specifically, there will be a choice to "send" or "receive" from the delivery menu. The send item is added as a new feature in addition to the previous ability to receive items there. We expect to implement this feature next week on the test server.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Beastmaster Follow-ups

Hello, it's Matsui.

We received a number of questions in regard to our post the other day, and we've gotten some feedback from the developer in charge.

[[Quoted post asking about pet upper level limits, asking if item level can be added to the jugs.]]

The upper level limits of pets that have been implemented since the introduction of Adoulin are as follows:

Item Name > Pet Name > Level Limit > After applying Beast Affinity 5 & Monster Gloves +2

• Turbid Broth > Droopy Dortwin > 103 > 118
    • Shimmering Broth > Sunburst Malfik > 104 > 119
    • Spicy Broth > Scissorleg Xerin > 105 > 120
    • Translucent Broth > Herald Henry > 113 > 128

For familiars called by Call Beast, in order to allow for the upper level limit of pets to be seen in the game, we are considering displaying the upper level limit on the item help text for the item required when calling the familiar.

[[Quoted post asking if they will only be enhancing existing pets or whether they will continue to add new ones.]]

For upper level limits of pets in general, instead of adjusting the level limits on pets implemented prior to Adoulin, we plan to adjust this in accordance with the rising content levels by adding high level pets with increased upper level limits. We plan to continue adding new pets in the future, so please wait a bit longer for that.

[[Quoted post saying it's difficult to acquire the 2000 plasm for the Delve broth when playing solo as BST, and it's difficult to find the other three new ones on the auction house at reasonable prices.]]

The development team is aware that there is a low distribution of Turbid Broth, Shimmering Broth, and Spicy Broth across all servers, and we plan to make some adjustments.

[[Quoted post asking how much stronger pets will become, how much the stats will increase, whether pets will be able to tank, etc.]]

With the upcoming adjustments to pets increasing the attack and defense together, it will become easier for pets to gain enmity by dealing damage, and will also make it take longer for them to lose enmity by taking damage. After the adjustment, pets will be more likely to maintain the monster target than they currently are.

However, because of the upper limits of pets added priorto Adoulin such as Faithful Falcorr from your example, even when using level 5 Beast Affinity and Monster Gloves +2, the pet can only be raised up to level 114. Therefore, if a player is equipped with items higher than the maximum level of the pet, since the player's stats will be significantly stronger than the pet, it will be difficult for the pet to maintain hate on the target, even after the adjustments.

If you feel like your pet is lacking in ability, please try using pet with a higher upper level limit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito: Mog Garden Gathering Point Ranks

[[Quoted post saying they can't rank up their furrows even though they've been able to rank everything else up.]]

We will review this matter, but you may have one of two problems:
    • You cannot raise your rank because the key item is not available.
    • You obtained the key item already but your rank has not risen.

The latter item would be a serious issue. If you received the key item and the rank of your furrows did not increase, please send us a bug report with all of the required information.

If you were not able to purchase the key item to increase your rank, it's likely that you have not yet met the conditions for obtaining the key item, so I'd like to provide a hint on how to obtain it faster.

The key item required to increase the rank of the furrows will be available after harvesting more than a set number of times.

Since there are some items that you can plant that take longer to grow than others, people who have planted items with longer harvest times may not meet the condition for obtaining the key item as fast as others. For those who want to quickly increase the rank of their furrows, you should take a look at items that grow fast.

Similarly, the number of times a point is harvested is also a condition for the other gathering points. Because each point may be utilized differently, they may not all rank up at the same time.

Also, based on the number of times you harvest each point, we have titles available. There are several steps to the titles you can get; see if you can obtain them all!

Fujito: Mog Garden Crystals

One more thing.

[[Quoted post saying the person feels like the number of crystals being harvested has increased from rank 3 to 5, asking why this would be the case.]]

I'm sorry about this. Since the probability of crystals being obtained from gathering points at rank 4 or higher is higher than expected, in the October version update, we will perform an adjustment which reduces the incidence of crystals being obtained.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Next Version Update Announcement

Hello, it's Matsui.

We have begun to put together the schedule for the next version updates, so I wanted to provide some information.

The next version update is scheduled to be carried out in two parts in October and November.

The October version update will focus on adjustments to existing content and expansion to the number of items that can be possessed based on the feedback that we've received from everyone in recent months. In the November version update, we are planning to implement a large amount of new content.

We will be announcing more details about the version updates shortly, so please stay tuned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Weekly Dev Summary

Matsui: The 11th anniversary special website has been updated. As one of the items for part of our 11th anniversary, we plan to release a FINAL FANTASY XI XIth Anniversary keyboard. I had an opportunity to get my hands on a sample the other day, and the design and feel of the keyboard are definitely worthy of celebrating the 11th anniversary. Since we're only producing a limited quantity, get yours now before it's too late!

Fujito: I'm planning on putting together a post about some very delicious sweets I've tasted. It's been a month since I last talked about this, so I can't wait!

Ito: The fall version update is scheduled to be carried out in two parts in October and November. We are currently working on the October update with a focus on adjusting existing content and expanding the number of items that players can possess.

Iwagami: Last week, I mentioned that we would be implementing the Monstrosity PvP content in the first of the fall version updates. Because we have not yet finalized this update and we want to perform more thorough testing, we are postponing the implementation until November, and I will do my best to make sure that this is content that everyone can enjoy. The expansion of available areas for large monsters will happen in the October version update.

Ito: Please hang on a bit longer for more information about the contents of the October and November version updates, I'll be providing more information soon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Beastmaster Follow-up 2

Hello, it's Matsui.

I have a follow-up to the discussion from the other day on strengthening the familiars called by "Call Beast." With regards to magic evasion, since familiars already have a high value equal to enemy monsters, after careful consideration we have decided to postpone that adjustment at this time. With that said, there is a possibility that this may change as development continues so we're sorry that we're going back and forth on the specifications two or three times.

The specification we are currently planning is that when equipped with a main weapon with an item level, the following pet stats will be enhanced:

Attack / Defense / Accuracy / Evasion / Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack