BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito's post below, now with 100% less bukkake. I may have totally missed the meaning behind the first question because it made no sense to me, but it wasn't really relevant compared to the other three.

-----

Fujito: Item Delivery Updates

Hello.

Q: When these features are introduced on the test server, will you get an immediate response when confirming the person to whom you are sending items? If you just want to deliver to yourself, do you just confirm that you want to receive?

A: All we are doing is increasing the number of locations from which you can deliver items normally. For testing purposes, try sending something from your Mog House to yourself and check how it is received.

Q: Since you are updating delivery stuff, will the items that I have not yet received remain safe? I just want to make sure I can retain these items without any issues.

A: Items that you have not yet removed from delivery will be retained, so you can have peace of mind that your items will not be destroyed by the addition of the new delivery function.

Q: Please get rid of the 30 second restriction on item delivery!

A: Unlike item bag storage which takes only about half the time to record, for deliveries, we need to allow time for server-to-server communication of data, so we established 30 seconds as the right amount of time for this.

That said, because we should be able to shorten this somewhat, we plan to reduce this to 15 seconds and monitor the data for that situation. If any problems occur, we will go back to the original restriction and let you know. This setting will be reflected in the next test server update.

Q: Without increasing the upper limit on inventory, I cannot have all of my equipment available at once. Is it not possible to exceed the current maximum of 80?

A: Since the data retention specifications were developed based on legacy machines, the maximum upper limit of 80 is a limit which will be very difficult to exceed on both the server and client ends. Although the performance of both the servers and clients have continued to increase, the limit on the specification was originally set at that level.

In order to expand the limit, we would have to very carefully proceed with manipulating the program which has been the same since the beginning of FFXI service. There would be a level of risk with this kind of update that we would corrupt user data during the operation. Additionally, it would take a considerable amount of time to perform the necessary maintenance work. Honestly, it will be better to just add another bag instead of attempting this.

Long story short, while we could attempt to make this change, we do not plan to do so.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Hard Mode Battlefields

Hello, it's Matsui.

In the November version update, we plan to add high level versions of existing battlefields that target players at level 99.

For the hard modes of these battlefields, players will be given a difficulty selection option at the entrance.

Additionally, we are preparing rewards which will only be available in these high level battles. While the quality of the rewards will not change with the degree of difficulty selected, the amount of drops and their drop rate will change.

• Mission Battlefields Hard Modes
      Enemies which previously appeared in missions, will now become even more powerful. The most popular battlefields might even appear...

These types of battles will be set at the lower end of the difficulty increases, but if you select the highest difficulty, even experienced adventurers will still struggle.

• Seal Battlefields Hard Modes
      The formidable enemies which many adventurers fought seeking fortunes will appear anew. At the easiest difficulty, it will be set so that those without item level equipment will be challenged by these battles.

※To enter these battlefields, rather than using an existing item, a new item to be added will be required.

The production team is hard at work on preparing appropriate rewards. We are planning to add a large number of equipment with item levels, so please stay tuned!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Item Storage Update (Mog Case)

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to follow up on item storage.

• New Storage: "Mog Case"
      We are planning to update the test server tomorrow. In the update, a new storage option, the "Mog Case," will be added to the "Mog House" option in the main menu. In tomorrow's update, it will be in a state where only the button is added, but you will not be able to actually use it. We are preparing this to be able to be used in the October version update.

With the "Mog Case," it will be possible to deposit and withdraw items freely both in the field and in the Mog House. The Mog Case will accommodate up to 80 items for all characters, regardless of the size of their inventory bag.

It is not yet provided in working condition, but it will be useable by all characters with the version update coming soon.

• Future Increases to Item Storage
      As we continue to update and add new items in the future, we will consider future expansions to allow for more items to be possessed.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

System Adjustments:

[dev1164] Config Additions

The "Window Effect" category will be added to the "Window" section of the Config menu. This new category will allow players to toggle the visual effects for opening and closing windows on and off.

The "PC Armor Display" category will be added to the "Misc." section of the Config menu. This new category will allow players to either simplify the display of other PCs' armor or have it display normally.

[dev1165] Title Screen Additions

An additional Config menu will be accessible from the title screen, from which players may adjust the volume of sound effects and the title screen background music.

[dev1163] Vendor and Auction House Item Display

Names of the following items sold by vendors and at auction houses will display as green if previously acquired.

Spirit Pacts / Dice for Corsairs / Attachments
    [dev1162] Item Delivery

Two new options—Send and Receive—will be added to the Delivery Box section of the Mog House menu. Selecting Send will allow players to deliver items to other PCs.

[dev1160] Item Help Text Display Expansion

Certain items will have additional space in which to display help text so that attributes will not have to be so heavily abbreviated.
    Should an item's help text exceed the space originally designated, players may view the next page of text by tapping the button to open the main menu while their cursor hovers over the downward-pointing arrow (▼) in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...1&d=1379650602
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...2&d=1379650602

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

[dev1166] Monstrosity Adjustments

The following adjustments will be made to Monstrosity.
    The areas below will be available to roam after possessing a monster in the Feretory.

Uleguerand Range / Lufaise Meadows / Misareaux Coast / Al'Taieu / Bhaflau Thickets / Caedarva Mire / Cape Teriggan / Eastern Altepa Desert / The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah / Western Altepa Desert / Valley of Sorrows

The following monsters will be endowed with the "Mode α" (Name TBD) skill.

Wamouracampas / Gnoles

* Using this skill will change the monster's attributes and what skills it may use.
    * The name of this skill will differ in the release version.

If this isn't clear, they mean an ability to change the stance of these mobs

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito: Inventory Woes

Hello

Q: What's happening with support of removing items from storage from Nomad Moogles like those in Selbina and Mhaura? Also, as you mentioned previously that there might be even further delay in the display of items and magic upon zoning, are you considering adjustments within any battlefields or other time-limited content? The lag in display for items in places like Delve is very frustrating, and I hope it doesn't get any worse. Finally, for jug pets, is there any reason they do not stack to 99? The inventory situation for beastmasters is pretty bad if you want to have a number of different pets ready.

A:

Mog Safe, Furniture Storage at the Nomad Moogle
    Regarding furniture storage at Nomad Moogles, not having access to storage is basically a constraint on the area setting. While the Mog Garden looks like a field area, because of the nature of the area, the storage capacity can be given to the Green Thumb Moogle.

While we might consider this in the future, we want to focus on adjustments with a high importance level. Since this has not been recognized as a major issue, we will leave the situation as is for now.

Loading after Area Change
    As I mentioned previously, the amount of time to communicate the inventory information between the server and client will increase as more items are possessed. We understand that this expansion may cause some anxiety about the content being transmitted, so if the effect becomes too extreme, we will take a look at implementing countermeasures.

Regarding jug pets, we are looking at a change to the inventory storage, so I will refrain from commenting in this post.

Q: Can you make two separate inventory bags, for example, one for visible equipment and one for accessories? If this were possible, then we could include up to 160 different items in our macros which change gear.

A:

Regarding Equipment in a Separate Inventory Bag
    I touched on this with the programmer, but it seems like this would be difficult. There is a problem with this similar to the general limit of 80 items, so it's not something that we can immediately incorporate. However, because there is a possibility, I will investigate in more detail and consider the time that it would take to implement.

Q: Turn Mog Storage Slips into key items. Right now about 1/4 of my Mog Sack is filled with Storage Slips.

A:

Mog Storage Slips as Key Items
    The data for the slips is set with the same mechanism as the original set storage key items. However, since we need a number of different settings for different items being stored, we decided to place this into item data, and the mog storage slip system came out of that. Compressing the current situation any further would be difficult.

It is possible that we could do something like try to compress this for situations where a full set of items was deposited in the book, but then it would become even more difficult to deposit and withdraw items.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Different devs, but still relevant lol.

http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-conte...09/collab2.png
    they love their crossovers

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Upcoming Adjustments

Matsui here.

Q: When using the Fenestral Key and personal treasures chests appear, the remaining time is set to five minutes. The loot pool itself is also set to distribute after five minutes (not only in Skirmish). So, in the case of the Skirmish loot pools, when the treasure chest is open but the player is not able to lot for some reason within five minutes (e.g. falling asleep or being AFK), the loot goes to waste. Can you please consider some adjustments to avoid unfortunate situations like this?

A: As you stated, the treasure pool is forced to resolve after five minutes. In order to avoid these kind of situations, we would have to stretch the additional time a bit upon using the Fenestral Key. I will have the development team consider this adjustment. As previously stated by Fujito, prolonging the occupation time in the instance area could lead to additional congestion, but if it's only by a minute or so it should not be a problem.

The time of removal from the instance is managed by a timetable prepared in the system. Upon changing this, it will be necessary to confirm that there were no unexpected effects. Additionally, since we are in the middle of work for the version updates and I must ensure that we have the personnel available to assist in this effort, I cannot state a concrete timetable for implementation yet. Thanks for your patience.

Q: Previously the development team talked about it being impossible to add new abilities because timers were all used up - is this still the case?

A: Because the amount of recast timers was approaching the system limitation, we previously stated that it was difficult to add new abilities. However, since we were able to successfully increase this limitation, the addition of new abilities is now something we can do. After considering battle balance, I will continue to carefully consider whether to add new abilities.

Q: Is it possible to continue growing the systems of magic or abilities?

A: Regarding magic, additional blue magic will be added in the November version update. Instead of simply adding new spells to other existing sets of magic, I am currently consulting with the development team as to whether we can add new systems of magic which could broaden current play styles and enable new ones.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Matsui here.

First off, let me begin by apologizing.
    We’ve been conducting further testing with magic evasion and have reached the conclusion that we can increase it a notch. Based on this, we will be revamping pet’s stats, and though it will be slight we will be increasing their magic evasion as well.

Below are the stats for familiars that will be enhanced in the October version update when you equip a weapon in your main hand that has an item level.

Attack
    Defense
    Accuracy
    Evasion
    Magic accuracy
    Magic attack
    Magic evasion

Normally the information that is shared with you is all content that is in-development and looking at the conditions we keep it flexible and can make changes; however, for this adjustment in particular I sincerely apologize for doubling back so many times and causing confusion.

Moving forward we would like to keep informing you of things as much as possible while striking the right balance between speed and accuracy. Please understand that there may be cases in the future where we need to correct information that was announced; however, we understand that it’s not right to change things over and over like this time and we appreciate your understanding.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fujito: October Version Update

With the first fall version update coming next week on October 8, I would like to give some more information on the items I've been working on.

The long-awaited new item bag "Mog Case" will be implemented! Hopefully you'll be able to organize messy inventory bags with the new case. (I'm amazed at how many beastman seals and crystals I've been hoarding....)

Speaking of items, we're also planning to implement delivery from the Mog House in the October version update. Along with this, as part of the inventory adjustments, we plan to reduce the waiting time on delivery rom 30 to 15 seconds.

The command /localsettings hidearmor that was recently introduced for the Playstation 2 version will be implemented for the Windows PC and Xbox 360 versions. If you're having framerate issues, please try it out (it's also located in Main Menu > Configuration).

For the Playstation 2 version, we are further enhancing the way memory is monitored and reducing the load on memory, and I hope we see fewer blackouts because of this. We will continue to work on blackout countermeasures moving forward as well.

Features which allow players to invite friends to the Mog Garden are expected to be implemented in the second fall version update.

We have plenty of other adjustments and changes planned, so please check back for the official version update announcement on the day of the update!

The October version update is composed mostly of measures implemented based on feedback received from the forum. We'd like to respond to as many of the requests as possible, but at our current development speed (Development Per Second), it's difficult to keep up with the amount of requests we receive. Please know that we read through your comments every day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dev Team Forum Weekly Summary

Intro:

Matsui:
    The version update is coming on Tuesday, October 8 [[Monday, October 7 NA time]]. We will be implementing the Mog Case and other conveniences to make adventurers' lives easier such as the delivery function in the Mog House. We will also be making job adjustments to enhance called familiars as well as increase the attack power of physical blue magic.

Ito:
    In addition to the version update, we're also planning to try out a new campaign like the previously well-received double EXP campaigns. Later on, in the November version update, we'll be adding PvP to Monstrosity and adding some new challenging combat. We hope you're looking forward to it!

Fujito:
    The next version update is finally here! While we're adding the Mog Case now to tackle the storage issues, we'll be looking into this more in the future, so please watch long term for further adjustments. Also, following the third campaign, Repeat Login Campaign No. 4 will take place with new items added! There will also be new stylish equipment to enliven the Halloween mood, so get ready for that.

Wrap-up:

Matsui:
    Next week is the version update. Without taking any break, the development team is already hard at work towards the November version update. Please wait a bit for a follow-up as we'll be introducing a wide variety of new content in November. Fall is finally here and it's getting really cold. The temperature swing from day to night has been pretty intense, so please take care with the cold! I'll be sleeping in warm, thick blankets.

Fujito:
    Speaking of fall, it's also typhoon season. There are supposed to be big typhoons this year, so let's hope for the best!

Ito:
    The theme of the October update is to make life more convenient, while November's theme is to expand the amount of content. The schedule is challenging to be sure, but we'll do our best to push through as much content as possible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Magic Accuracy Skill

Hello, it's Matsui.

I received some questions and wanted to provide a few responses.

How the hell are you supposed to know how much the magic accuracy rises from the weapons without any indication?

Unlike other forms of magic accuracy, because the impact of magic accuracy from these weapons only applies when the weapon is equipped as the main weapon, to avoid confusion, it is not currently shown on the description. However, the development team is thinking that some indication of the value is needed, so in the November version update we will be adding a new item to the help text called "Magic Accuracy skill +." In the meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Since their item levels are equal, is magic accuracy added by the same amount for, say, Lehbrailg +1 and Iztaasu +1? Also, for different item levels, how much difference is there (for example, between Lehbrailg +1 and Atinian Staff +1)?

I'll explain with some examples.

IL113: Iztaasu +1 - Magic Accuracy +126 equivalent
    IL113: Lehbrailg +1 - Magic Accuracy +156 equivalent
    IL117: Atinian Staff - Magic Accuracy +203 equivalent

※We have described these values as magic accuracy equivalent. The values are different from the magic accuracy skill values which will later be displayed in the item help text.

For the different values on weapons, differences are set based on the weapon category. For example, for a weapon category for back line jobs, a higher value of magic accuracy skill is granted. Additionally, a higher magic accuracy skill value is applied for equipment of a higher item level.

Is magic accuracy only granted to main weapons, or is it also granted to weapons such as guns, bows, and crossbows?

As of right now, there are no plans to grant magic accuracy to ranged weapons or sub weapons. For jobs that mainly attack with ranged weapons, you will still need to be equipped with a weapon for which combat skill is applied to the main weapon. This is the current specification, and we believe that it should still be convenient for jobs which mainly use ranged weapons.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Magic Accuracy Skill

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to take a moment to explain the concept behind "Magic Accuracy Skill+" which was added in this version update.

• Why add a new mechanism rather than adding existing "Magic Accuracy+"?

In the previous version update we added "Magic Accuracy+" to individual weapons in accordance with the game design to keep up with the magic evasion of high level monsters.

However, there was also a need to grant magic accuracy for certain jobs which do not always equip staves or clubs, such as red mage, dark knight, ninja, and blue mage, so we decided to remove this statistic and grant is as a base property of the weapon.

Additionally, since we had to consider the ability to Dual Wield weapons, we would have had to restrict "Magic Accuracy+" values based on this ability to equip in both hands. Because jobs that do not dual wield would then be placed at a disadvantage, we decided to introduce a new system in the same format as the previously "Weapon Skill+" values which is only effective when equipped as a main weapon.

• Regarding "Magic Accuracy Skill+" on Ranged Weapons

As with Dual Wield, since we are not applying "Magic Accuracy+," we do not need to take into account the ability to double the value with both a main weapon and ranged weapon. In order to simplify the mechanism across all jobs, we decided to grant the "Magic Accuracy Skill+" value only to the main weapon.

However, to be more along the lines of the original rules, for elemental ranged abilities and weapon skills, we would like to adjust this so the values are dependent on the ranged weapon.

• Weapon skills from the main weapon or magic or elemental abilities from sub jobs would reference the "Magic Accuracy Skill+" of the main weapon.
      • Elemental weapon skills from the ranged weapon (such as Wildire) would reference the "Magic Accuracy Skill+" of the ranged weapon.

We will take a look from a technical perspective as well as from an ease-of-understanding perspective to make sure we can introduce a system like this.

• Setting the Standard for "Magic Accuracy Skill+" Across Equipment

The individual values are not set weapon by weapon, but rather in accordance with weapon category and item level. (It is possible that we will implement special weapons which deviate from this standard in the future.)

As a general rule, preferred weapon categories for back line jobs such as staves and clubs receive a higher "Magic Accuracy Skill+" value than front line melee weapons such as swords. Additionally, even within weapon categories we have made categorizations of weapons such as "Poles" which are more attack-based and "Staves" which are more magic based, and granted slightly higher "Magic Accuracy Skill+" to the magic-based weapons.

Additionally, considering that a sub weapon can be equipped, two-handed weapons receive a slightly higher "Magic Accuracy Skill+' value than one-handed weapons (this is only a slight difference, not nearly the same as if we had to account for Dual Wielding).

Basically, we have retained the magic-oriented characteristics of many staves and clubs, but also allowed for practical magic use while equipped with swords and great swords. Please consider these adjustments when decided which weapons to use for casting spells.

Right now, these values are not referenced in the weapon help text, so we apologize for the inconvenience. As a general approximation, the difference in magic accuracy skill values when comparing back line job weapons to front line job weapons is on the order of the difference of 1-3 item levels. Until the November version update, you can use the item level as a reference to select equipment for magic.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Monstrosity page was updated today with new information on growth and PVP:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui...ity/index.html

BST pets Adjustments follow-up:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...689#post474689
    ---

Matsui here.

I’d like to respond to some questions about the beastmaster adjustments.

I don’t really feel like pets got that much stronger at all. Were they really enhanced?

With the adjustments we performed we enhanced the overall stats of pets. Defense in particular was largely boosted, and the amount of damage pets take should be greatly reduced. Also the amount of enmity lost due to damage taken has become smaller, so with the current balance we feel pets can function better as tanks.

While there is a possibility that the enemy targets the beastmaster right after the start of a fight, we’ve balanced it so that by using Snarl every time the recast timer is ready the target will stay on the pet.

These adjustments were by no means the last of the pet adjustments and we will continue to look into adjustments moving forward, but please allow us to monitor the current balance for a bit.

I still feel like pets are lacking attack power despite these adjustments…

When it comes to high level pets that were designed to be attackers, currently there is only Scissorleg Xerin. We understand that there is a bit lacking when it comes to pets as a source of damage, and we would like to increase the choices players have by adding new pets that are attack focused.

Why is Herald Henry the highest level pet right now? Shouldn’t there be higher level pets or a way to make it possible to utilize lower level pets?

As Herald Henry has been designed around the idea that it is a pet to be used at the same level as that of summoner’s Dashavatara Sachet and puppetmaster’s Alternator, his level cap has been set to 113.

We will be making adjustments to Beast Affinity with the idea that it is a job trait that allows you to add pets that have a lower level cap to the list of possible choices.

However, as there are no pets that reach the level cap of item level 115 Hunapu or the item level 119 Kerehcatl, we plan on implementing pets with a higher level cap. Until then, we’d like those of you who possess Hunapu or Kerehcatl to acquire Beast Affinity.

We believe that we can solve these issues by properly supplementation of equipment, and the item and battle teams are working hard to create them, so please hang in there a little while longer.

Hope its not to late to go back to horizontal progression:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...684#post474684
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit
    Good morning,

We understand that some of you would prefer having more equipment choices made available through various content. Moving forward, a variety of new equipment will be implemented and this will give you more options to choose from laterally. We'll be introducing new content where this equipment can be obtained, and we'll also be adding them to existing content as well.

We know you're all interested in the artifact armor revamps as well, so we'd like to let you know the latest development is that we plan to set their item levels to be the same as geomancer and rune fencer AF.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: RME Upgrades

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to update everyone on the Relic Weapon / Mythic Weapon / Empyrean Weapon (referred to as RME below) upgrades that are planned for the November version update.

There is no change to the previously announced policies for the RME upgrades.

[[Original Info:]]

• Weapons that have been enhanced to level 99 can be upgraded, including those with or without Afterglow.
    • Instruments and shields fall outside the scope of these upgrades.
    • The upgrade will not be performed with many steps of small upgrades, such as Trials of the Magians.
    • The upgraded performance of weapons will be such that they will be comparable choices among a strong group of other equipment, not only RME weapons.

While RMEs will be upgraded to item level 119, because they have special available weapon skills and other abilities specific to the weapons, we will balance this out by slightly suppressing the DMG value.

In regards to the method of upgrading the weapon, it will not take the form of a new Magian trial; it will be necessary to obtain items which will obtaintable in multiple ways, in order to avoid concentrating players to specific content.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Coin Weapon Trial Adjustments, Empyrean/Coin Weapon Skill Unlocking

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to inform you of the ability to unlock the dedicated weapon skills present on Empyrean and Coin Weapons which will be added in the November version update.

We relaxed our policy on unlocking the weapon skills somewhat because we want the weapon skills to be available to as many people as possible, expanding the weapon skill options.

Coin Weapons at level 99 and Empyrean Weapons at level 90 will be eligible for weapon skill unlocking. In order to reduce the effort to create Coin Weapons, we will also be reducing the requirements for the Magian Trials involved.

Specifically, we will be creating a separate path along which NMs do not need to be subdued and seals do not need to be delivered. Because there will be quite a difference in difficulty between the new and existing routes, we will be reducing the required number of seals, coins, devious dice, and liminal residue by more than half along the existing route.

Essentially, the latter route will be for people who have already advanced through some of their trials for Coin Weapons. I do apologize in advance that if you've already delivered more than the required number of an item for your current trial, the additional items will not be returned to you after the change.

The actual method of unlocking the weapon skill will not take the form of a new Magians Trial - it will take another form completely.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Wildskeeper Reive Adjustments

Hello, it's Matsui.

I wanted to give some information about adjustments to Wildskeeper Reives that are planned for the November version update.

• Addition of a New Wildskeeper Reive
      In the November version update, a new area will be opened, and a new Wildskeeper Reive will be added to go along with it. The content level of this Wildskeeper Reive will be 16 - the same as those in Yorcia Weald and Marjami Ravine.

• Content Level Adjustment of Existing Wildskeeper Reives
      Because Ceizak Battlegrounds, Foret de Hennetiel, and Morimar Basalt Fields Wildskeeper Reives were implemented from the start, compared with the other Wildskeeper Reives, the reward level and content level is relatively low. As we continue to add more high level items including Bayld equipment, the value of these rewards has dropped greatly, so we will be adjusting the content level of these Wildskeeper Reives up to 16 to match that of Yorcia Weald and Marjami Ravine. To go along with this, we will add new rewards as well.

• Relaxation of Entry Requirement
      Since the nature of Wildskeeper Reive content is a mighty foe to be challenged by a large number of people, in order to have participants come more willingly, we will be unifying and reducing the Bayld requirement for participation.

Also, we will be adjusting the reduction table for fame and coalition standing. While the ultimate reduction will remain as it currently is at 50% maximum, we plan to reduce the impact of coalition standing and increase the impact of fame on the reduction rates.

• Addition and Modification of Reward Items
      Since many of the current reward items from Wildskeeper Reives have the Rare/Ex attribute, there are often cases where an item which you have already obtained is selected as a reward and you get nothing from the battle.

In order to solve this problem so that you can always be compensated, new accessories without the Rare attribute will be added as rewards, along with the job-specific capes obtainable from Marjami Ravine and Yorcia Weald.

We also plan to remove some of the crafting material items from the reward lists and adjust and change the other drop items, such as magic scrolls.

• Adjust the Weakening of Naakuals by Colonization Rate
      In the current situation, Wildskeeper Reives often become prolonged battles when the colonization rate of the corresponding area has not been increased. Since the rates do not increase in many areas, it has become more difficult to take on these fights, so we will be adjusting the weakening of the Naakuals based on the colonzation rate. To give some specific example, we plan to adjust the strength of the battle so that a Naakual fight at 80% colonization rate now will be about the same as one at 40% colonization rate after the version update.

The development team received many requests from players to guarantee receiving equipment from Naakuals based on a certain number of defeats. We have looked into this, and after we considered the nature of Wildskeeper Reives and the number of participants required, we decided that the number of defeats required would have to be too high for players to be able to guarantee receiving a specific piece of equipment. Even with this implementation, it would not resolve other complaints about the rewards received directly from Wildskeeper Reives, so we have decided not to make this change at this time.

For Wildskeeper Reives in general, rather than continuing to repeat them with one specific piece of equipment in mind, by reducing the participation requirements and making it easy to repeat, and since everyone will obtain some kind of reward just by participating, we are aiming to target this content towards more casual play.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: Obtaining Low to Mid-Level Equipment

Hello, it's Matsui!

Thanks for all of your feedback.

In the version update in November, we have some adjustments planned in order to make it easier to get equipment for low to mid-level ranges.

• Treasure Casket Adjustments
      As one of the ways to obtain low to mid-level equipment, Treasure Caskets appear when defeating monsters in the field.
      • The probability of Treasure Caskets appearing when defeating monsters will increase.
      • Body equipment will be added as a reward for successfully unlocking a Treasure Casket, and the probability of obtaining equipment in general will be increased.
      • Additionally, we will be increasing the number of times you can try to unlock a chest to 5-6 uniformly in all areas to make it easier to unlock.

The available equipment will be balanced so that players can earn experience while opening Treasure Caskets and obtain equipment aligned with that area.

• Drop Rate/Respawn Timer Adjustment for Some Notorious Monsters

We will adjust the respawn timers and pop frequency for notorious monsters that appear in original areas to make it easier to find them. Additionally, we will adjust the item drop rate from these monsters as well to reduce the difficulty in obtaining equipment and quest items.

We also received a lot of player feedback on adjusting the sale price of equipment from NPCs; however, as many of you have pointed out, this could create a number of other issues, such as the mass production of synthesis materials from desynthing this equipment.

After the adjustment, we will continue to look into this to determine if there are certain level ranges that are not covered well, and adjust this by implementing corresponding equipment sales from NPCs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui: November Version Update Contents

Hello, it's Matsui.

This post is to inform you of the planned contents for the early November version update.

In the November version update, new Seekers of Adoulin missions and related areas, new Naakuals, Monstrosity PvP, new SP abilities, and the upgrades for Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons are scheduled to be introduced. The overall implementation plans are summarized in the table below, so please check it out.

Following the November version update, we've decided to do another version update in December. We will inform you a bit later about the contents of the December version update.

Additionally, from here on out we will be changing our version update policy. Starting with the December version update, rather than continuing with the previous procedure of an update once every three months or so, since this was considered to be a long time, we're thinking about reducing this to once a month so we can respond to feedback more quickly.

The new SP abilities that we have kept you waiting for will be introduced in November for all 22 jobs, including Geomancer and Rune Fencer. Since there has been a lot of feedback on this, I will make a separate post with more information. Right now the development team is working on finalizing all of the details, so please give me a bit more time to put that together.

This might be a little disappointing to some of you, but the higher level mission battlefields that we planned to implement in November will be postponed to December (the higher level seal battlefields are still targeted for November). There are a lot of items that we're focused on implementing in the November version update, so we had to prioritize those items while setting aside time for the necessary testing for the new battlefields.

I know everyone's been looking forward to this and I'm sorry that it didn't make the cut, but we will be using this extra time for adjustments to make these battlefields great content.

Please note that the other items that are currently planned for the November version update could potentially be postponed if any serious problems arise during testing.

Anyway, please enjoy the update and thanks for playing FFXI!

[[Everything below is scheduled to be added in November.]]

Missions / Quests

• Seekers of Adoulin Missions
      Addition of Chapter 3.
      Relaxation of the conditions for participation in missions.
    • Seekers of Adoulin Quests
      Addition of new quests in the city of Adoulin.
      Addition of new quests in the new areas.
    • Survival Skills Quests
      Addition of a new quest to acquire survival skills.
      Addition of a new survival skill.
    • Coalition Assignments
      Addition of coalition assignments corresponding to the new areas.
    • Mog Garden Quests
      Addition of quests related to the Mog Garden.
    • Seasonal Events
    • Repeat Login Campaign
      Addition of a mechanism to specify the number of items to exchange points for.
    • Adjustment of Inventory Expansion Quests
      Relaxation of the quest conditions.
    • Adjustment of Magical Map Acquisition Quests
      Review of quest rewards.
      Changes to NPCs which sell magical maps.

Areas / Monsters

• New Areas
      Addition of new areas.
      Addition of monsters and NPCs in new areas.
      Addition of new Ergon Loci.
      Addition of new gathering and fishing locations.
    • New Naakuals
      Addition of new Wildskeeper Reive monsters.
    • New Monsters
      Addition of new monster types in the new areas.
    • Adjustments to Certain NMs
      Reducing respawn time and increasing item drop rate.

Content / System

• Addition of Higher Level Seal Battlefields
      Battles will be added for level 99 difficulty, along with new rewards.
    • Treasure Casket Adjustments
      Increase in the probability of a brown treasure casket appearing.
      Change all chests to allow 5-6 chances to unlock.
      Addition of body equipment to chest rewards.
    • Celennia Memorial Library Adjustments
      Addition of new achievements.
    • Additional Reive Functions
      Addition of a system to review content level.
    • Skirmish Additions / Adjustments
      Increase remaining time after using the Fenestral Key from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.
    • Additional Delve Functions
    • Additional Outpost Functions
      Addition of a system to warp between outposts.

Reive-related

• Addition of Wildskeeper Reives
      New Wildskeeper Reives will be added for the new areas.
      New equipment added.
    • Wildskeeper Reive Adjustments
      Content level adjustment
      Adjustment to entry requirements
      Addition and adjustment of reward items
      Adjust the effect of colonization rate on weakening
    • Addition of Colonization / Lair Reives
      Colonization and Lair Reives added for the new areas.

Monstrosity

• PvP System
      Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer battles
      Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer rewards
      Battle balance adjustments
    • Addition of new sub-species
    • Adjustment of instincts
    • Adjustment of monster skills
    • Adjustment of elemental resistance
    • Adjustment of stats
      Adjust the stats of some monsters to be influenced by their age.

Mog Garden

• Additional Functions
      Addition of a Porter Moogle
      Addition of a mechanism to invite party members to your Mog Garden
    • Add new items to plant
    • Adjustment of UI
      The default cursor position will be set to enter the Mog Garden when speaking to the entrance NPC.

Battle System-related

• New SP Abilities
      New SP abilities will be added for all 22 jobs.
    • Unlocking of Empyrean/Coin Weapon Dedicated Weapon Skills
      Unlocking conditions will be added.
    • Blue Mage Adjustments
      New Blue Magic spells will be added.
    • Adjustment of the "Tractor" Black Magic Spell
      The Reive participation status will not be removed upon receiving Tractor while participating in Reives.

Item-related

• Artifact Upgrades
      Adjustment of performance
      Addition of upgrade mechanism
    • Relic / Mythic / Empyrean Weapon Upgrades
      Adjustment of performance
      Addition of upgrade mechanism
    • Relax the Conditions to Create Coin Weapons
    • Addition of New Bayld Exchange Equipment
      New equipment will be added between other item level 106 and 113 equipment.
    • Adjustment of Storable Items on Storage Slips
    • Addition of New Seals
      These items will be required to participate in the new high level battlefields.
    • Adjustment of Seal Drop Rate
      The availability of seals will be adjusted according to the number of party members.

UI-related

• Adjustment of Item Help Text
      Addition of "Magic Accuracy Skill +" to certain items