She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They did promise they'd make this, tho I found this on Alla. Here's how far they've gotten on making Cait Sith a avatar:

All I can say is I hope they finish her soon. (BTW, I checked. This is from the official channel so this is legit.) Also the real credit for finding this goes to Szabo of Allakhazam (he's the dev notes poster over there)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Response to RDM/BRD Suggestions

Greetings everyone!

I have a couple responses from the development team in regards to your feedback.

AceTaru said: »
    I think a spell like Regain. 10 ticks w/ max enhancing for rdm would do wonders.
    This might be possible, but in order to avoid another situation like Embrava it would require some thinking to implement it properly. While nothing has been decided as of yet, we’d like to add Haste II in this case.

Shiva.Lokithor said: »
    At the very least, Bard needs another tier of March and a Regain song.
    We are planning to add a higher tier March in the future. However, this is a ways off, and this would be a song that not everyone would be able to get.

As for a Regain song, we do not have any plans of implementing one.

[source]

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Herp derp all is intended:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

Alright, bug ive been seeing both on PC and Xbox platforms on ffxi for a while now. Currently i am DRG/SCH and after campaign battle, sometimes my long time charged sublimation get whiped with my allied tags when a battle ends. Ill submit a more detailed report soon while i do more testing but it occurs with both "Sublimation: Active" and "Sublimation: Complete" effects on sylph at least. If anyone else can offer more information toward this also to confirm its a problem, or if its just me having this happen, that would be great.
    We confirmed with the development team that this is actually a feature of the game and working as intended. When a campaign battle finishes all DoT damage statuses (Dia, Bio, etc.) are reset, and there are no plans to adjust this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Finally some new meaningful info. JP translation, I'm sure official will come later today:

Regarding the New SP Abilities

This is a follow-up regarding some of the new SP abilities.

*Warrior
    Currently, the new WAR SP sets the double attack rate to 100%. This will be changed so that it instead adds 100% to the double attack rate. The ability will also be adjusted so that this +100% double attack rate decays over time.

However, you will be able to maintain at high double attack rate by utilizing Double Attack effects, equipment, and traits. The effect duration will remain 30 seconds.

Note that while the test server will be updated this week, the new WAR SP will not be changed at this time.

*White Mage
    Since the previous announcement, we are considering the following two items:
    1) Leave the effect as is, and increase the duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
    2) Keep the duration at 30 seconds and add a strong resistance against doom, terror, amnesia, and death.

*Black Mage
    The effects of the new BLM SP ability will be limited to elemental magic, and we will reduce the occurrence of resists.

For monsters that are highly resistant to certain spells, a half resist always occurs. If a monster resists further from there (twice total) a quarter resist will occur. During the SP ability, the number of resists will be reduced by 1, to increase potential damage output.

Note that while the test server will be updated this week, the new BLM SP will not be changed at this time.

The remainder of this post is about the new SP abilities which will be introduced to the test server this week. In this week's test server update, we will introduce the following SP abilities. Please check them out after the test server is updated.

*Bard (BRD SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, one additional song can be applied to party members.

{{Addendum post: They are checking into whether the effect works correctly with Daurdabla to allow the application of five songs, it may not currently, but they will follow-up tomorrow.}}

*Ranger (RNG SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, ranged attack delay is cut by half. Furthermore, a double or triple shot will always occur.

*Dragoon (DRG SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, "Jump" will have no recast.

Note that the help messages for ability effects and ability names are in a temporary state and will be changed in the future. Additionally, the effects of the SP abilities are subject to changes or adjustments.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Another translation, maybe make some RNGs and/or CORs happy:

Regarding the Cost of Ammunition

Hello,

Matsui & co. have discussed adjustments related to the cost of ammunition, and we are thinking about the following adjustments:

1) Add Recycle job traits
    We want Recycle to be learned as a basic job trait, with the degree of the effect increasing at certain levels.

2) Increase the effects of recycle items and merit points on the probability of triggering Recycle.

Although we could increase the number from a synthesis result or have ammo be sold in stores, we think it will be of greater benefit to increase the effectiveness of Recycle.

So that you have an idea of the amount of Recycle we are talking about, at the moment, we are considering that the combined effect of merit points, equipment, and the job trait could increase the Recycle rate to about 90% (not taking into account damage reduction by making certain gear choices).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There was one last post I'm not going to bother posting a full translation for. Someone was asking to allow trading the grimoire and checking grimoire buffs with the NPC in Jeuno rather than having to go to Sauromugue to do it. May happen in the test server this week if they can do it with a simple modification, but they said changes like this are mostly off their radar.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings ninjas!

I spoke with the development team about the secrets of ninjutsu and brought up your questions. Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to implement Utsusemi San or add a San tier for every ninjustu that ninjas have access to at level 99. One reason for the latter is that some effects were created on the basis that there would only be an Ichi version of the ninjutsu. They don't want you to feel that ninjutsu that only have Ichi/Ni are incomplete and would like you to understand that at they have been adjusted so that they can elicit good effects for the current state of the game.
    So because BRD has Scherzo and Ailment resist songs, there cannot be multiple tiers of march. Understood.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding "Quetzalli" in Abyssea - Tahrongi

Hello!

For Quetzalli in Abyssea - Tahrongi, it is difficult to encounter because the methods that you're trying (lottery conditions) are not accurate. There is also less chance to encounter this monster by chance since it does disappear some time after spawning, and we believe this is why the difficulty of finding or spawning it is perceived to be high.

To get rid of this behavior, for convenience, we will have the monster only appear during a specific time. We will make the following changes to increase your chance of encountering and fighting Quetzalli:

If conditions are met, appearance from 09:00 to 14:59.
    Depending on the degree to which conditions are met, the range of the time in which it can appear may spread.

Reduced respawn timer
    We plan to reduce it to about half of what it is currently.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation of JP dev tracker post:

Regarding the New SP Abilities (continued)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your opinions regarding yesterday's update. The thread has become long, but please take a look when you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JP#1
    Let's not get excited just yet... is it just "Jump" or is it general jump abilities of DRG?
    All jump abilities are considered.

Although it hasn't been implemented yet, we are considering these further adjustments to the new DRG SP ability:
    *Extend Jump recast timers from 0 to 10 seconds.
    *Extend ability duration from 30 to 45 seconds.
    *Upon activation of the ability, reset the recast of all jumps.

This change is intended to encourage the use of different types of jump ability, while timing them appropriately between WSes and normal attacks. While you will not be able to use the same jump repeatedly in succession, with the extension of the overall duration of teh effect, the overall number of jumps that you can use should not be significantly lower.

Also, the plan is that in the future the recast can be further shortened via merit points.

Note that this week's test server update will include the new DRG SP as described yesterday with no recast on the jump timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocchi
    Self-quoted stuff about the BRD SP's interaction with Daurdabla
    Just following up from yesterday, we are currently working on verifying the assumption that the ability can be used with Daurdabla to yield up to five songs. Although it's a lot of work to get five songs up, we have no intention of impairing the benefits of added songs from Daurdabla. It's possible that we may make adjustments in the future on the assumption that the five songs land first. We can confirm this after the test server update this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by JP#2
    I would like the new WHM SP, in addition to providing high status immunity, to also clear all status effects on targets upon use.
    Benediction is already a powerful recovery effect which includes status treatment. We believe that we should segregate the preventive effect to a separate ability. Therefore, we are not planning to add a status removal effect comparable to Benediction.

Quote Originally Posted by JP#3
    I'm happy about these new SP abilities, but I don't want to get to excited until I know the duration...
    For now, I can tell you the duration of the abilities that you can try out on the test server. Since this is a work in progress, these will be validated later on.

WAR: 30 seconds++
    WHM: 30 seconds
    BLM: 60 seconds
    DRK: 30 seconds
    BRD: 180 seconds
    RNG: 60 seconds
    SAM: 45 seconds
    DRG: 30 seconds
    SMN: 30 seconds
    BLU: 60 seconds
    PUP: Mighty Strikes: 45 seconds, Invincible: 30 seconds, EES: No duration, Manafont: 60 seconds, Chainspell: 60 seconds, Benediction: No duration
    DNC: 30 seconds or until 3 Flourishes are used
    SCH: No duration

++Note that due to a bug, the WAR SP duration is currently 60 seconds on the test server.

After reviewing the information above, please provide us with feedback based on your experiences on the test server.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Powder Boots for All Jobs

Hello-

Thank you for the various suggestions regarding putting all jobs on Powder Boots. There were a lot of pros and cons, and we want to let you know that we will forgo this adjustment in the next version update.

This is because that there is a possibility that other problems may be caused by changing Powder Boots before first seeing the results of the adjustments to the content itself, and also because there were many suggestions that any adjustments to ease content should be made to the content itself.

Once we reflect on the effects of the content adjustment, we can take another look at whether we want to make changes to Powder Boots or adjust the content further.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the Cost of Ammunition (continued)

{{Couple of JP Posts about Scout's Beret +2 augment essentially saying it will become a required piece of gear for all RNGs for almost everything, asking if that was intentional.}}

In the current state, with 5 merits in "Recycle," ultimately, the effect will yield TP+5 about 90% of the time, as you said. However, in order to allow for the use of a variety of equipment, this does not seem acceptable at this time. I would appreciate any further feedback, if you have any.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Another translation, maybe make some RNGs and/or CORs happy:

Spoiler: show
    Regarding the Cost of Ammunition

Hello,

Matsui & co. have discussed adjustments related to the cost of ammunition, and we are thinking about the following adjustments:

1) Add Recycle job traits
    We want Recycle to be learned as a basic job trait, with the degree of the effect increasing at certain levels.

2) Increase the effects of recycle items and merit points on the probability of triggering Recycle.

Although we could increase the number from a synthesis result or have ammo be sold in stores, we think it will be of greater benefit to increase the effectiveness of Recycle.

So that you have an idea of the amount of Recycle we are talking about, at the moment, we are considering that the combined effect of merit points, equipment, and the job trait could increase the Recycle rate to about 90% (not taking into account damage reduction by making certain gear choices).
    I asked Camate if these adjustments would also affect COR or not, he said that it looks to be RNG specific but he would check with the development team to be certain.

He got back to me today saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    I went ahead and checked with the development team about your question regarding corsair.

While the possibility is not zero for corsair to receive a Recycle job trait, in the event that they did, it would not be as strong as the effect ranger is to receive.

The current focus at the moment is for ranger adjustments, so once concrete plans for this have been decided we can look into this as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: New BLM SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monyu
    Valid complaints about how 30 seconds is too short, asking why it was reduced from 60 seconds
    Sorry if I scared you!

The time mentioned in the list yesterday was a mistake. There is no change in the 60 second duration of the new BLM SP (this duration is reflected on the test server). Yesterday's list has been corrected - sorry!

{{I corrected the list here as well.}}

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Riftcinder/Riftdross Supply

Hello!

There is a difference in the market price because of a difference in demand. This isn't just true for riftcinder, you can say the same for any item. As the price and profitability of the item increases, it will be balanced by natural circulation and increased supply. On the other hand, if we increase the supply in accordance with the popularity of the event over time, it will throw off the balance. So, no changes are planned at this time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the new DRG SP Ability and Jump Recasts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Lots of questions/comments about new DRG SP ability, including suggestion to unlink the recast timers of jumps, increase WS damage based on Jumps, etc.
    The performance of this new SP ability has been based on the assumption that the jump timer is shared.

If we decide to separate the recast timers of Jump/High Jump and Spirit Jump/Soul Jump, it may be adjusted as follows:

New SP Ability
    *Duration: 45 seconds (no change)
    *Recast time of each jump extended from 10 to 15 seconds.

Jump Timers
    *Jump: 60 seconds (no change)
    *High Jump: 120 seconds (no change)
    *Spirit Jump: Extended from 60 to 90 seconds
    *Soul Jump: Extended from 120 to 180 seconds
    *Spirit Jump/Soul Jump will be changed so they do not reflect the recast timer reductions given by Jump/High Jump merits.

The extended timers are based on the fact that when the timers are split, the number of available jumps will double.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts

Thank you for all of your opinions on crystal petrifacts.

After looking at all of the feedback, we've decided to hold off on any adjustments for crystal petrifacts for the time being.

Kupofried's Corundum/Crystal Petrifact have original purposes related to Provenance; however, in the future we plan to think about the applications for a little longer and involve it in the plan for overall adjustments to Voidwatch.

Since people may decide to perform the exchange in a hurry, it would be a waste of we added a new element to the system in the future. Since we are getting so many ideas at this point, we want to spend more time thinking about it before introducing any exchange system.

Therefore, we will leave the current situation as is for a while so that you can continue to save them if you desire.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

{{I fudged parts of this a little where it got technical, but I think it captured the meaning behind the post.}}

Regarding Expansion of the Macro Palette

Regarding extending the number of rows in macros; this has not been implemented base on our policy because it cannot be supported by the Playstation 2 version.

We've said this in other places, so I hope you can also refer to past posts, but this is in order to avoid adding mechanisms which can lead to botted actions, since you cannot execute many actions with one macro in the current state.

We ask for your understanding in this situation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding High-Level Synthesis Materials

Hello and thanks for all of your feedback!

Since materials used in high level synthesis are rare, they can be very expensive. That said, it is intended to be that way since they are aimed at higher levels, but we are aware that this presents difficulty as far as raising synthesis skills at these high levels.

One of the factors causing this is the location of where the synthesis materials come from, such as high-end content like Legion, since the distribution of those items is dependent on the degree of participation in the content. While there was initially very low supply, as some time has passed since the introduction of the content, the situation has gradually eased up.

However, we are looking at the current number of skilled high level craftsmen, and, while it is hard to say yet whether there is a sufficient supply of synthesis materials since the situation is just now easing up, we will continue to watch the distribution of these materials and potentially expand the availability of some of these items.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Perhaps the most interesting of the bunch (and the last one). Once again, slightly fudged on the details, but should capture the meaning.

Regarding the Probability of Treasure Hunter Rising

Bunch of questions about TH
    (something something idk)

In the post at this time I'll answer with some brief comments. Since various things can change the conditions, it is difficult to provide a single answer.

There is an increased probability in the occurrence of TH level rising when the difference between the value of the player's TH and the value of the current TH level on the monster are further apart. Therefore, equipment that raises the TH level above the natural trait level will prove advantageous from the beginning of the battle or if the TH level has already risen.

There have been requests that THFs would like to switch equipment after giving the effect of Treasure Hunter. Since this would reduce the overall value of Treasure Hunter equipment by diminishing the benefit in raising the TH level, we will maintain the current situation.

Hopefully this answered your questions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Non-translation, just a quick MB update (test server only). They also edited the new Nyzul details previously discussed here into the PD/Embrava post (I have no idea why they don't make a separate post about that), as well as the new SP info for BRD, RNG, and DRG (again, only reflects test server, so DRG info is already incorrect for the future).

[dev1140] Meeble Burrows

Trading one's grimoire to the Burrow Investigator in Upper Jeuno will allow players to view the status of the expeditions they have undertaken.