FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation:

Regarding New SP Abilities

Please base your testing and feedback on the current effects of jobs which have abilities currently introduced on the test server.

Regarding the automaton's Eagle Eye Shot, we are not considering adjustments to the new individual automaton SP abilities. However, we are considering an overall review on the power of Eagle Eye Shot in the future, in which case any adjustments will also be reflected in the automaton's version of this ability.

For COR, RDM, NIN, and MNK - we are currently making final adjustments to the new SP abilities and plan to introduce them to the test server this week. We will have more information for you on the abilities' effects very soon, so please stay tuned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation:

Regarding Introducing New Content to the Test Server

Quote Originally Posted by coca
    In FF11, the role of the test server is to allow players to experience new content and new abilities in advance of future content introductions. A lot of content has been delayed since March, though, so what content is to be implemented?

Also, since everything is introduced to the test server, even though they may have tentative names, etc., I feel like part of the fun after the version update to allow the player to explore and find new strategies is gone.

Additionally, we've seen certain things in advance on the test server (such as the items needed for high level Magian trial upgrades) that have impacted the real server (price increases on those items) prior to version updates.

I want to experience the fun of a completely fresh version update once again, but I also understand that there are many advantages of implementing the content on the test server in advance. What do you think?
    The purpose of the test server is to publish new content in advance of the introduction of a new version update, in order to better reflect player feedback in the final update. Since we have taken this stance, while we can delay the introduction of certain things to the test server in order to avoid spoilers to some extent, we generally have to publish as much content as possible to the test server to conduct the test appropriately.

Especially with respect to new content, understanding the completion requirements and the achievements associated with that completion is an important and difficult part of balancing the experience. While we understand your opinion, for the purposes of the test server we have decided to add content with enough time to allow for sufficient testing. Hopefully you can understand.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Note: My translation. This is an official DEVELOPER post from Fujito on the JP side; not a community team post. Tried to convey the guy's tone in the translation, it was markedly more informal than the normal community team posts.

Fishing!

Hello! I'm really sorry to have kept you waiting for so long for an update about fishing adjustments. As an explanation, we've had a really heavy workload recently and the situation has really been out of the programmers' hands. Since all this stuff has been going on, we haven't been able to give you any updates about this and I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, regarding the fixes that we are thinking about now, I'll post about what we have discussed up to this point.

As a side note, we are still getting our ideas together here so nothing here is set in stone. Also, as mentioned previously, we haven't yet decided when we will be introducing any of this.

Old man Fujito...give us your thoughts! Heh...

Please check out my ideas below. Rough ideas... very rough.

Basic Policy

1) Regarding the fighting element of fishing, we plan to correct this by renovating rather than removing it. As mentioned in a previous post by Oriole, we're going to leave the fighting elements in to compensate for when fishing skill isn't high enough.

2) Give fishing skill a greater impact to the extent possible to simplify operation of the rod during fighting. If you have enough fishing skill, the pole operation will be brought to a state like goldfish scooping. As far as operating the pole, we will compensate for client specification differences as much as possible to bring them all in line.

Big Changes

Input Operations after Casting the Line
    Up until now, you had to continuously input directions opposite the fish to reduce their HP to the point where you could catch them. A lot of people have already pointed out to us that different performance of different machines has a significant impact on this, so I'm planning to change this to a single successful input.

In this case, upon successfully performing the input, the HP of the prey wil be significantly reduced depending on the fishing rod and the fishing skill of the player. If you fail to perform the input, some HP will be restored to the prey. At this time, we're also thinking that higher fishing skill will also reduce the amount of HP restored in this situation. After performing an entry (whether a success or a failure), the rod will return to the neutral state. In other words, if you're just pounding inputs, it's not gonna work.

Movement of the Rod
    Since we're changing the fishing system, we also have to adjust the movement of the rod. Right now, the rod does not stay on either the right or left for very long, and kind of swings back and forth violently, which means that you have to perform extremely short inputs and frequently press buttons as the rod changes directions.

Some of the ideas to change this would be (with continued input success) to have some kind of combo bonus (more significant HP reduction, some kind of DoT effect, make the fish unable to escape, etc.), and I'm also thinking about some other ideas (nothing final yet!).

Regen/DoT to Fish HP Based on Fishing Skill
    By comparing the skill values of the fish ("resistance") and the fishing skill value of the player, the HP of the prey will either recover slowly, decrease, or remain the same. The changes will be as shown in the following table:

Code:
    Skill Value Comparison     Prey > Player          Prey = Player      Prey < Player
    Current Spec               Regen		  Stay the Same	     DoT
    New Spec		   Regen 		  DoT		     Strong DoT
    Basically, if the fishing skill is greater than or equal to the prey's skill level (resistance), the HP of the prey will diminish over time. This will be more noticeable than it is right now after the adjustments. With a high enough skill level, the DoT effect alone should be enough to catch a fish easily.

For example, if a person with fishing skill 100 tries to catch a carp (low resistance), due to the strong DoT effect, the HP will run out quickly without moving the rod at all. This will be very similar to the old school fishing system. On the other hand, if someone with 0 skill tries to catch Bastore Bream or Black Sole, prey that require relatively high skills, the HP of the prey will be significantly restored by regen.

We haven't yet decided exactly how much this effect will be, but we will of course let everyone check it out on the test server once we have it in place.

Other Changes

Fishing Critical
    Although this mechanism is already in the game, it is not currently based on skill. So, we plan on changing this so that it's more likely to occur if the fishing skill of the player is higher than the skill (resistance) of the prey. We may also add an effect that fishing fatigue is not generated on a critical.

Fishing Fatigue
    This condition is the one that prevents you from catching more than a certain amount of fish per day. This was originally put into place as a RMT countermeasure. We aren't just going to remove this because we believe then we might get even more RMT fishing than we have now. That said, we may allow more fish to be caught as a "bonus" in the following ways:
    1) Successful Critical
    2) Use certain items to recover fatigue
    3) Catch certain fish to recover fatigue
    ..and so on.

These are just some ideas. We want to implement it so that it's useful but only occurs once in a while.

Fishing Rings with Various Effects

With regard to these, it's possible that they may be computed differently when the mechanism is changes. The effects will still be similar, though. Once we get further along with implementation, we may change the specifications so that they give more time to successfully input during fighting. We also want to consider weather, time, and age {{wat?}} to provide potential bonuses.

One Last Thing...

...and this is also true for other posts here. Please don't just think "we don't want this!" or "give us something else!" If you have specific comments on certain points here, then I can respond more effectively.

Please be aware that it may be difficult to introduce all these changes at the same time. With respect to fishing in particular, please be patient.

I'll post more when we have an announcement to make.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Sacrosanctity's Targeting

Quote Originally Posted by Amplifier
    I tried using the new WHM SP ability to prevent the petrify gaze of Grim Glower from Abyssea - Misareaux's peistes and I got petrified. I think the effect of gaze-based and probably all AoE debuff auras isn't prevented while this new SP is in effect.
    {{Couple other quotes with similar ideas}}

The effect imparts a strong debuff resistance equivalent to the PLD job ability Fealty. As far as preventable effects, they are also similar to the ability Fealty, but based on the discussion recently, I believe that most people would also like us to pursue the route where we add resistances to amnesia, terror, death, and doom.

However, it does not prevent status abnormalities that are given by a field effect such as a sphere effect. As in the feedback above, this includes Grim Glower (a gaze effect which debuffs in the target area).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation. Don't go trading in your crystal petrifacts until there's an official translation; I don't want to be blamed!

Regarding Crystal Petrifacts (Continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Sclud
    Based on the way you worded the previous post, I'm understanding that I'm OK to change Crystal Petrifacts over to Kupofried's Corundum even if you add something in the future...?
    Yes. After all of the feedback from people who had already traded for Kupofried's Corundum, we are now thinking about making this adjustment to give some sort of benefit to excess Kupofried's Corundum. Therefore, it does not matter if you make the conversion like it did before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lots of new posts today. I'm thinking this one is the most important and most interesting, so translating this first. MNK is kinda lulzy, RDM is ridiculously lulzy, NIN and COR both seem interesting.

Lots of new posts today. I'm thinking this one is the most important and most interesting, so translating this first:

New SP Abilities to Be Introduced on the Test Server This Week

Hello! In this post, we're announcing the new SP ability effects for corsair, ninja, monk, and red mage, that we plan to introduce on the test server this week. Please review this information and note that it will be reflected on the test server update scheduled for tomorrow. Please test them out and give us your feedback!

Monk
    For the duration of the effect, maximum HP is doubled, and HP is fully recovered on activation (duration: 60 seconds). The effect is cumulative with other maximum HP increase effects, such as those from medication. During testing, we confirmed that there were significant issues with the counter ability, so we restructured this ability while maintaining the defensive concept. By increasing the HP it will raise the MNK's endurance as a response to highly damaging abilities.

Red Mage
    The next casted enfeebling magic spell will have a significant accuracy boost (duration: 60 seconds).
    *As long as the monster is not completely immune, the spell will be guaranteed to hit (there is still a possibility of half resist).
    *There will be no effect if the monster is completely immune.
    *The effect ends when an enfeebling spell is cast or when 60 seconds have passed.
    Although this ability cannot be used frequently, it can be used to significantly inhibit the actions of more powerful monsters when you choose to use it.

Ninja
    For the duration of the effect, depending on the number of shadow images, the number of attacks per round are increased (duration: 30 seconds).
    *The cumulative effect of this ability, job traits, and equipment will still be limited to a maximum of 8 attacks per round.
    *This ability does not apply to weapon skills.

Number of attacks per round is increased based on number of shadow images:
    *1 shadow image: 1 additional attack
    *2 shadow images: 1~2 additional attacks
    *3 shadow images: 1~3 additional attacks
    *4 shadow images: 1~4 additional attacks
    *5 shadow images: 1~5 additional attacks

We have decided to readjust this ability to focus on attack power. A higher number of shadow images while you are not the current target will allow you to concentrate your attacks more effectively on a target during this SP ability.

Corsair
    The recast time of SP abilities will be reduced for target party members within range (instantaneous effect).
    *The amount of reduction depends on the outcome of the roll, with the maximum reduction being half.

Roll results and SP ability recast reduction:
    *1: -5%
    *2: -10%
    *3: -20%
    *4: -30%
    *5: -40%
    *6: -50%

We have changed the effect of this ability to specialize totally in other SP abilities, specifically the ability to use them more frequently. At the moment, there is even a chance that Wild Card can reset the recast on this SP ability. Note that this ability also reduces the recast time of Wild Card, but we have not yet decided for sure whether we want this ability to affect Wild Card or not.

In next week's test server update we plan to introduce the remaining abilites for beastmaster, thief, and paladin.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation. My reading of this: lolplayerfeedback, and more crappy sidegrades incoming.

Regarding Adjusting Content Difficulty
    Some comments about how after the Embrava/PD adjustments, Legion may be significantly more difficult, asking them to take player feedback into account and maybe take a second look at it, blah blah...
    I want to respond to this with two points.

First of all, regarding your feedback that we are using the forums to negotiate updates, this just isn't true. Since the changes we proposed are the result of numerous and repeated studies, we reference the feedback here only to make the proposed adjustments better. If there is a plan to compromise from the beginning, we will let you know from the start.

My second comment is about the degree of difficulty. Although there are a lot of negatives here, I hope you can read this and view it honestly without being offended.

For the high end content, we have the difficulty set so that players who aren't high enough level or don't have good enough equipment will have a more difficult time than skilled players, such as Legion, and floor 100 of Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. As a result, this content will be difficult to clear for certain players. In light of the difficulty, though, the performance of the rewards is also set correspondingly under the assumption that not everyone will be able to acquire the rewards.

We can't really guarantee that everyone will be able to clear the high difficulty content. (Honestly based on the difficulty, Hall of Mul is somewhat unreasonable, but it's nice to see that people with some good luck or strategies have still been able to complete it).

Therefore, some people will feel that content is too difficult, but there is no way we can have content that is a suitable difficulty for every single player.** You can either boost your equipment to a higher level to slightly lower the difficulty or formulate different methods for completing the content to go against the high end content.

To do this, of course, a phased upgrade makes the most sense, so there must be content at multiple moderate levels of difficulty along the way. We think it's necessary to work hard to add more of this kind of content.

With respect to difficulty, since perception varies from person to person and there will always be objections, in order to add new content we must take a stance and draw a line somewhere. The content we're discussing here was intended to be high difficulty content, and we hope you can understand this.

**In the future, when we plan to add new high level content, we will consider the difficulty of previously added content.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

More feedback from Fujito, my translation

Fishing! (continued)

Hello!

Since I can take some time to respond to the forum this week, I can answer some questions relating my original post. As I mentioned previously, the first post was just intended to outline some of the major modifications coming... this post will be more packed with details and specifics.

I can't really respond to other threads or posts, as usual, Oriole will get comments from the team and summarize them. Thanks!

Ok, let's go:

{{Questions about fish regen and skill ups}}

This feature is already in the current fishing system. HP regen for fish on the line works in regular intervals when the HP is 1 or higher. In other words, the fish can't regen from 0 HP. We aren't changing anything about this.

With respect to easing up fishing skill ups - rather than limit this to fishing in particular, Matsui, Ito, and I all share the opinion that there should be an overall adjustment for all crafting as well.

{{Questions about fatigue}}

Sorry if my original post was not clear. There are two types of fishing fatigue. One type is the upper limit on the number of fish you can catch. However, the other type, as you pointed out, is that the time to re-cast your line gets longer.

The purpose of this feature is to put players who continue to fish in the same spot for a long time at a disadvantage. Beyond that, of course, the assumption was that it would reduce the efficency of automatic fishing bots. That being said, we realize that players who aren't using bots are still feeling the effects of this kind of fatigue.

Of course, we will have to set the curve of how this varies accordingly and we will have to think about whether we want to change this when we make the adjustments to fishing. At this point, we'll leave it as is, and we'll gradually adjust this if it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Let's give these some tentative names for convenience to avoid confusion in the future... we'll call the upper limit "catch fatigue" and the longer recast for people who don't move "continuous fatigue."

{{Question about release timing}}

Although I'd like to say that we're almost ready to implement the tests, the reality is that it will probably be after Adoulin.

{{Question about fighting against the highest level fish}}

As we discussed previously, the fish fighting will be adjusted to depend strongly on fishing skill. That said, for fish with much higher skill (resistance) than player's skill, such as Matsya, player fishing skill alone won't be enough, and the process will definitely require player input. We are also considering boosting this in certain ways, such as:
    *Services or items that temporarily boost fishing skill
    *Services or items that generate special debuffs against particular prey
    *When a fishing critical occurs, the fish will be reeled in unconditionally

Additionally, several types of accessories to assist with fishing are already around. Since we are only now coming up with these ideas, please let us know if you have any better ones.

In addition to any suggestions you may have, we are also reading your opinions. Although we probably can't respond to everyone, everything posted here is helpful. Thanks all!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Odds and Ends

Wasn't going to originally translate these (you'll see why), but hey, what the heck...

Quetzalli

(November 15 Addendum): Change the nature of the NM so that it does not disappear once the time range ends. Currently, the NM disappears over time - we will change this so that once it has emerged, it will stay there until it has been defeated.

I can only imagine this next post was in response to an undoubtedly bewildering complaint from someone, although nothing is quoted or referenced.

SP Ability Recast

Hello! Although we don't recommend that people use Revitalization Team MMM to recover 2 hour abilities, since there is a cost associated with this (time limit on entry, use of CC points), it's not really an unlimited or "free" way of restoring. With the currently planned adjustments, we are intending to take these abilities in a direction such that the recast timers are more closely adjusted to the duration of content itself, eliminating the need to restore abilities like this.

And then, perhaps most importantly:

Regarding Legion Random Song Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous and Angry
    Listen up, dev team, I'm calling you out. My LS does a lot of Legion, so we have some clout. When you pick random BGM, it's BIASED TO THE MAX. More specifically, Feast of the Ladies is not one of the tracks. Did you do this on purpose? Intend this abomination? You'd better fix this quickly, or else fear your creation....
    Ohohohohohoho~
    There's one song that doesn't appear in the list and it's included as a bonus, and the one you mentioned is not included in the random selection. It's really just intended as a random bonus... so enjoy it. (For other songs, the probability is uniform.)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Testing of New SP Abilities
    In today's test server update, the new SP abilities for corsair, ninja, red mage, and monk were introduced. In order to allow for easy testing, the recast time on all SP abilities has been set to 10 seconds. To allow for testing of the new corsair SP, the old corsair SP timer is still set at 1 hour.

Please check out all of the new SPs and give us your feedback.

Additionally, the effect duration for the new monk SP ability has been changed to 30 seconds. This is still reflective of the old duration, and we will consider modifying it in future adjustments with a potential duration of 30, 45, or 60 seconds.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New MNK SP Ability

{{Some guy was quoted here, gave some ideas regarding the MNK SP, including something about increased guard rate}}

Thanks for your feedback. We changed from the counter because we had a challenge with countering in response to differing enemy attack ranges. Since we could not solve this issue with the current battle system, we decided to change the ability.

About guard- it won't be the main effect, but I believe that it might be possible that the benefits of the new SP could be extended to including guarding at some point. However, please consider that ranged attacks cannot be guarded against.

Also, since we will continue these adjustments for some time, please continue to give us your feedback.

(Repeated note about 30 second duration on new MNK SP)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New RDM SP Ability

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to respond to some of your opinions about the new RDM SP ability.

Quote Originally Posted by pix
    My only thoughts are on the RDM SP ability. Seriously, just one spell? It's like a crappy version of Elemental Seal. Enfeebling magic is weak as it is...maybe either allow for more casts in a shorter duration, or potentially to allow the spell to ignore monster immunity.
    Elemental Seal significantly increases magic hit rate, so it can still potentially be impacted by a very highly resistant monster. In the majority of situations where it is difficult to stick an enfeeble, it is because the monster is very highly resistant. In order to be able to stick the spell and ignore the resistance (bypassing Immunobreak), the new RDM SP ability can be used to give the debuff reliably.

As far as immunity goes, we are planning on tuning each monster individually and getting rid of immunity as much as possible. In Voidwatch, Legion, and the Limbus/Einherjar high level expansions, immunities have already been reduced to almost none. We will continue to perform these adjustments to other monsters as well as in all new content.

Regarding the suggestion to allow for spells over a duration instead of just one case, although we have not completely disregarded this option, we want to adjust very carefully as a monster could be quickly debuffed completely and then Stunned continuously for the remaining duration of the ability. We'd be grateful if you'd test out this ability first and then let us know how you feel about it. {{This just in: Stun has a recast timer unless you use Chainspell}}

Also, about your opinion that the effects of enfeebling magic are too weak in the first place, we also want to give enfeebling magic a more noticeable effect and we would like to tackle this in the future as a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Plo
    About the RDM SP ability - will it wear off if the target has total immunity to a spell you cast? That would be kinda dumb, although I guess it can be used to check if a target is immune first.
    When an enfeebling spell is resisted completely, the effect will not be lost and will be carried over to the next enfeebling spell. By the way, if a monster is fully resistant to something, the log will have a message that says the target "completely resists" the effect, so you can check this first.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation. Basically a "no" with some explanation.

Regarding Song Casting

Complaints about how it's hard enough to keep 4 songs up and it will be basically impossible to keep 5 songs up with Daurdabla plus the new SP for bard, comments about how it's a pain to have to cast songs in a specific order to overwrite others, etc.
    We would like to do some tests regarding getting songs with shorter duration to overwrite songs of longer durations, to possibly overwrite based on remaining time rather than overall duration. We need to take abilities like Tenuto into account, so it will take some time to confirm.

In order to have more potent songs overwrite less potent ones we would need to go back for each song and reset the performance individually to make this adjustment, so it would require a significant change. Therefore, unfortunately, it will be very difficult to make this adjustment in the near future.

This may cause some inconvenience, but please understand.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation

Regarding New Monk SP Ability (continued)

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to give a couple of responses to the discussion.

Although the double HP is interesting, it won't really help if you're tanking and it only lasts one minute, and it won't really matter if you aren't tanking. I don't really see many situations where it will be useful.
    We received a lot of feedback about extending the duration of this ability to a few minutes, and we've also received a lot of more general feedback. For now, based on our testing, we're thinking a maximum of 60 seconds for this ability.

The purpose of this ability is not to last for a full battle, but rather to work in tandem with other jobs' SP abilities such as Invincible and Perfect Defense.

Because of different races, I'd rather that you increase HP by a fixed amount rather than just double it. Since there is a fairly disappointing amount of high level HP gear, if you compare Galka and Tarutaru, it will be a huge difference with the ability active.
    We may consider this. Since we would not fully fix the value as it would require a set amount for each level, we may give it a formula like increase HP by "(level x n) + (VIT x n)".

We may include this in the next test server update so we can test the pattern of HP increase.

Please continue providing your comments and feedback!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Another translation. I don't know why they responded to this because people obviously aren't reading. They already said that complete immunities wouldn't be affected....

Also, they decided to use these quotes to report a bug in which the ability was actually useful, and let us know that they will stamp it out posthaste.

Regarding New Red Mage SP Ability (continued)

I tested the new SP out on Shinryu. He was completely resistant to Sleep, Sleep II, Bind, Silence, and Break. I think something is bugged. I don't know if it's Shinryu specifically or the new SP.
    Another similar quote.
    Thank you for your testing reports.

Due to a bug in the new RDM ability, it is possible that the effect may occur even if an enemy is completely resistant. We are pursuing a fix, but the correct behavior as noted should be that there is no effect if an enemy is completely resistant.

For people who are testing specifically on Shinryu - the complete resistance is correct, and is the present situation. This is because the resistance adjustments of Abyssea monsters have not yet been completed. We will continue to adjust in the future so that monsters are not fully immune to debuffs as much as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Official

New 2hr abilities
    Greetings!

First let me start off by saying that the Community Team understands everyone's concerns with red mage's new special ability and we are doing our best to collect all your feedback and share it with the development team. It might take a bit before we get a solid response, but we will continue to collect and submit everything we see.

While on the topic of red mage, please note that there is currently a bug on the Test Server where enfeebling effects may land on monsters with immunity when using the new special ability and the development team is working to fix it. As announced, this ability cannot be used on monsters with immunity; however, resistance adjustments for Abyssea monsters have not yet been finished and in the future we will be applying adjustments and will be removing a great deal of monsters with immunity.

Next, some more monk feedback.

There were some comments mentioning that monk's new special ability wouldn't help much for tanking since the effect duration is only a minute long. While the development team will continue to adjust the effect duration as testing is performed, they're thinking about keeping the maximum duration at 60 seconds. The effect duration was set this way to act as a method of surviving a crisis, much like Invincible or Perfect Dodge, and not to maintain the increased HP for an entire battle.

Also, there was a request to change the HP increase value to a static number instead of doubling the amount of HP the character has due to differences in races. While we will look into this, by making it a completely static value we will no longer be able to address the HP per level, so the effect would have to be added by either "level x n" or "VIT x n."

As long as we can make it in time, we will switch to a static value increase for the next Test Server update so you can all try this out for a while.
    Pianissimo and Tenuto
    Hello!

The core issue here is overwriting songs and there are two factors at play:
    Depending on what instruments you use there are differences in effects for songs, and songs that are cast later will be shorter.
    It’s not possible to overwrite songs that have effect durations of 120 seconds or more.

The former factor is something that players have control over via equipment, so we prefer to leave this as it is; since there are times that you will not want songs with weaker effects to take priority.

On the other hand, the latter is something that we would like to adjust and are currently looking into how we can make it so songs with an effect duration of 120 seconds or more can be overwritten. We believe that Tenuto and other elements are a contributing factor to this issue and would like some time to look into this.

On a slightly different note, there was a request to make it easier to distinguish songs that have worn off via the chat log, since in cases when similar songs (i.e. Minuet IV and V) are both on a party member and one of them is removed by Dispel or other means, it’s difficult to discern which of the two was removed. We agree that this would definitely be beneficial and is something that we would like to address if possible; however, it would require the development team to redo the enhancing statuses for each song and level, readjust the stats one by one, and change the song system significantly, so unfortunately it would be extremely difficult to do right away.

We will keep you posted when we receive some new information about the overwriting issue.
    Pet Command - Muster
    Hello Dragoons,

We understand that wyvern breath damage is low and this is something that we would like adjust moving forward.

In regards to Ophannus's dragoon ability suggestion, before we adjust wyvern attack, speed, and accuracy, we would need to closely examine the damage dealt in conjunction with the actual dragoon. We'll keep you updated as we progress on this topic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation. All of these sound useful to me, actually. THF might be incredibly situational, but PLD sounds decent and BST sounds really good (granted I know little about BST).

Regarding New SP Abilities to Be Introduced to the Test Server This Week

Here is an overview of the effects of the new beastmaster, thief, and paladin SP abilities that we plan to introduce to the test server in this week's update. Since the effect of all three represent significant changes, we would appreciate it if you would reconsider the effects and give us your feedback again.

Thief
    Steal one beneficial status effect granted to the target. (Duration: Instant)
    *In addition to the effects that can be stolen by "Aura Steal," SP abilities are also included (new SP abilities are not included).
    *If no beneficial effects were on the target, the ability will miss. Recast will still occur if the ability is used and misses.

Paladin
    A shield bash effect that significantly reduces the target's melee and ranged accuracy. (Duration: 30 seconds).

This ability can be used as a damage shield as the accuracy down effect will significantly reduce attacks for targets with very high accuracy.

Beastmaster
    For the duration of the effect, the success rate of "Charm" is increased, and the recast of "Call Beast" is set to 0. (Duration: 60 seconds)

Furthermore, upon using "Charm" or "Call Beast," the pet's TP will be set to 300 and the recast of "Sic" and "Ready" will be reset.

There is still a need to consume broth for each beast called, but we'd like to make an exception to this so that you can quickly call beasts or charm to use several pet techniques successively from different pets.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translations for this post and the following three.

Regarding Storage of Alexandrite

{{couple of quoted posts about alexandrite asking to allow trading up to larger units}}

The purpose of the Cat's Eye was simply to avoid having to exchange an Mog Bonanza prize for nearly 300 inventory slots worth of alexandrite.

For alexandrite, the mechanism was designed with the premise that you would deliver the amount you've accumulated to the NPC each time. {{emphasized by the fact that the NPC is in Nashmau amirite?}}

We know that you may feel hesitant to trade your alexandrite to the NPC for fear that you might give up in the middle of collection, but when you are at this stage of creating a mythic weapon, you should already consider the risk of feeling that you might stop later, so we will leave the current situation as is.

Additionally, there were suggestions that we create units of 1, 100, and 10,000 like ancient currency. In the case of ancient currency, the aim of creating larger units was not to make it easier to maintain inventory, it was simply due to the exchange mechanism.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New THF SP Ability

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.

There were many questions regarding the BST, THF, and PLD abilities that we discussed yesterday, and we would like to answer some of them individually. Because there were so many questions, we have divided the post into three parts, one for each job.

This first post will be about thief.

This effect seems interesting to THF, but would it steal SP abilities in preference to normal abilities?
    Yes. If there is more than one effect applied in addition to the SP ability, the ability will steal the SP effect with priority.

Quote Originally Posted by tabataba
    I think it would be good to combine this ability with the previous, so that it could deal severe damage and also steal SP abilities.
    Although we can also add damage to this ability, if we did that, we would have to reduce the success rate which was originally 100%, which would add some possibility that the ability could miss.

Also, even if we did that, the amount of damage wouldn't be very large, so we're more focused on the current effect and whether it is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ricebaaler
    With the new THF Steal SP ability, please make sure that the effect will still work with a full inventory. Thanks.
    Please be assured that the effect will work even if your inventory is full.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New PLD SP Ability

Next up, Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Catslave
    I guess that there will be no effect if this ability misses? Moreover, since you said that physical proximity will play a part, this may prove meaningless for AoE TP moves?
    When the target attacks, the ability will function as long as the attack is considered a physical attack. This also includes ranged attacks and special abilities. The ability has no effect on magic damage.

I feel that this ability has no place for PLD. If there is a PLD in the party and the enemy is only weakened for 30 seconds, this functions similar to Sentinel or other abilities like that. It might not make much of a difference depending on the effect.
    Against AoE physical damage, for example, even if the PLD uses Sentinel, the other players around the monster will still take full damage. The advantage of this new SP ability is that all players in range are protected from attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by KalKan-R
    You didn't really give any specific information about how much lower the attack/accuracy go. Rather than the vague statements from before, can you directly announce what the numbers will be?
    Although honestly I tried to ask the person in charge to give us more information on this in advance as a guide for comparison, it was difficult to get an exact number. What I did get was the comments below, and hopefully they help.
    **For attack down, the condition would be similar to what would happen if the enemy's attack power was set to 1.
    **For accuracy down, the condition is several times higher than a Puk's Obfuscate.

It's also intended that you test this out on the test server and not only compare numbers. We hope you'll give it a try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast