BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New BST SP Ability

Finally, some comments about Beastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Buront
    Although you've tentatively confirmed it, will using Charm and Call Beast will recover the three Ready charges? It is possible that a variety of abilities will become useful if that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZARAKI
    The way this SP ability has been proposed, I don't think it will be suitable for solo fights since the pet will have to disappear. In that case, you'll need to be both in a party and prepared to consume a lot of broth to make this useful
    We introduced the ability yesterday under the premise that you could use various special skills by switching pets, but this may have been a misleading description of how it works, so I will explain it again (and also correct yesterday's explanation).

Regarding the added TP/charges.
    *The TP is 300 at the moment use you use Charm or Call Beast and this effect will not be reduced for the duration of the ability.
    *The recast of Sic and Ready will be zero during this time.
    *The maximum charge state is not reduced by using Ready (or Sic) during this time, even with the moves that consume the most charges.

Thus, it is possible to perform special techniques continuously without switching pets. The idea is much the same as Astral Conduit for Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Manta-ray
    I can't just immediately bring a pet out and fight with it. It takes about 10 seconds after Charming a pet before I can "Fight" with it, which means that you can maybe charm or call 5 times (if you're lucky) over the minute this ability lasts.
    Without switching pets you can use several abilities in a row even without using the "Fight" command. Additionally, even if you do use the Fight command, since there is also some delay in the execution of the special abilities, we don't imagine that it will present much issue.

If there are no major problems in verifying these abilities, we will be introducing them to the test server tomorrow. Please try them out.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Contest guys:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    A Beast for the Feast

The air is getting colder and the leaves have changed colors. This can only mean that Thanksgiving is here! Of course, what would Thanksgiving be without a feast? The Community Team is doing their best to coordinate with the culinary guild to create the tastiest foods Vana’diel has to offer. However, their hands are tied because they’re busy with the preparations and have yet to secure the main meat dish! Adventurers from all over Vana’diel must slay the tastiest beast and bring it to the feast!

The sky is the limit here, so bring in any kind of monster! (We want to try them all!) Provide up to 5 screenshots to show off how your hunt was executed as well as a short commentary as to why you chose your beast for the feast and what adventurers can expect taste-wise.

Three lucky winners will receive a contest-exclusive rare dish of Rolanberry Delightaru to decorate their Mog Houses with. Also, all participants will receive an Athena Orb!

So put on your Hunter's Beret and bring home the Behemoth!

Contest Entry Period
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 to Friday, November 30, 2012 6:00pm PST

How to Enter
    Hunt down a FINAL FANTASY XI monster for this year's Thanksgiving main course and show us how you caught it! Any monster is fine!

Post the following with your entry:

Screenshots of the hunt (up to 5 images)
    In 500 words or less, comment on the below:
    What were the keys to getting this marvelous monster for the feast?
    Why do you think this monster is the best choice for the feast?
    What can adventurers expect taste-wise?

*When posting your screenshot images, please utilize image hosting sites such as Flickr, Imgur, Yfrog, etc. as attachments will not be enabled.

Please Note

One entry per person. If multiple entries are posted, only the first one submitted will be accepted.
    Prospective contestants must have a North America Square Enix Account to enter.
    Normal forum rules apply to all posts within the contest thread.
    Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display.

Inappropriate submissions will be moderated. If entries fall under any of the below categories, it will result in a disqualification and the post will be deleted by a moderator:

Any posts containing obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter
    Infringements upon copyright/intellectual property, personal credit, privacy, etc.
    Counter to public order and/or morals
    Submissions with content judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme
    Images that have been heavily modified by photo editing software

Prizes
    Three Grand Prize Winners

A "Rolanberry Delightaru" in-game furnishing

Name: forum1121_01.jpg Views: 22 Size: 38.2 KB

An Athena Orb - This orb grants entry into the Heroines' Holdfast battlefield.

All Participants Receive

An Athena Orb - This orb grants entry into the Heroines' Holdfast battlefield.

*Prizes are all in-game items and do not have any monetary value.
    *All prizes will be distributed to the character associated with the forum account that submits the entry.

Selection
    The Community Team will select winners based on screen shot quality and overall creativity of the entry.

Winners will be announced on or around December 4, 2012.

SQUARE ENIX OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
    All entries and other materials (the "Entry Materials") (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any contestant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Square Enix will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Square Enix's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Square Enix to effect, perfect, or confirm Square Enix's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials may be used by contestants only for purposes of the Contest or for private, personal, non-public viewing. Entry materials received by Square Enix may be destroyed by Square Enix at any time following the Contest.

ORIGINAL WORK OF AUTHORSHIP
    You hereby warrant and represent that (a) as between you and parties other than Square Enix, you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) other than the fact that all intellectual property embodied in and related to the FFXI game, including all copyrighted works and trademarks and derivative works thereof, are the exclusive property of Square Enix, all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
    Source=Here

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bunch of translations inc, first one:

Regarding the New PLD SP Ability (cont'd.)

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver
    So, I tried out the new PLD SP ability. Reducing the attack and accuracy down for the monster is helpful for the whole alliance, and so I thought it was better than the previous ability.

However, there was one thing I was worried about that I want to report. When the shield does damage upon using the ability, it seems like "Shield Bash +" equipment effects are not reflected. I can't see any consistency, but I noticed that there was definitely a performance improvement when using Aegis.

{{Goes on with a few specifics about the different equipment pieces he tried that all didn't have any effect.}}
    For this SP ability, there is a bonus depending on the different types of shields, and Aegis turns out to have the most damage. Although the damage proportion is different, it might be easier to understand if you look at it along the lines of Shield Bash.

However, the SP ability is treated differently from Shield Bash, so, as you stated above, equipment with "Augments Shield Bash" bonus is not taken into account.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New THF SP Ability (cont'd.)

Quote Originally Posted by agplusl
    I just had one thing I wanted to mention. When facing an enemy Samurai, I was not able to steal Meikyo Shisui even after several attempts. Is this a type of ability that is immediately consumed when an enemy triggers it (like Benediction or Eagle Eye Shot)? Of course this ability would not be able to steal instant abilities. I was under the assumpion, though, that Meikyo Shisui had the initial 300% TP bonus but also continued as an effect for 30 seconds to fix WS consumption to 100 TP. Perhaps it's related to the fact that the enemy always used a TP move immediately after using the SP. I'm not really sure what's going on, though, so I just wanted to report this for now.
    Thank you for your report.

I checked into this, and because Meikyo Shisui is treated differently when utilized by enemies, it cannot be stolen.

In short, utilizing Meikyo Shisui lines up several TP moves for the enemy but is not treated as a status enhancement.

Please also let it be known that Astral Flow from enemies is treated similarly and also cannot be stolen. (Note that if the target is another player who has actuated the ability, it can be stolen.)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New BST SP Ability (cont'd.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZARAKI
    I tested out the BST SP a little. I understand that the SP does not allow abilities to instantly trigger, but while the ability is supposed to give 0 recast, it seems like there is a hidden recast. For example, after using Wild Carrot, I was not able to use the following technique for 10 seconds....
    The effect depends on the individual pet's techniques. There is a difference in the amount of time the effects take to activate, and, therefore, a difference in the amount of time to reuse the skill as a result. To clarify a little, you cannot trigger the following technique while the previous ability's animation is activated until the effect is completed. Please consider that there is a short idling time between potential activations.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation from last week. There were some embedded screen clips that I'm not going to bother with. One was a screenshot of a brown rabbit with the name "Rabbit" overhead, one was of the monster command menu (in JP), one of rabbit vs. mandragora, one of a black rabbit "BlackRabbit" and one of a white rabbit "WhiteRabbit." I'm sure you can imagine what they might have looked like (or check out the JP dev tracker if you really need to see them).

Recent Developments for "Play As a Monster"

Hello!

We think we've kept you waiting too long for information because there was little opportunity to talk about the "Play As a Monster" (tentative name) development, so we want to report on it now.

{{rabbit screenshot}}

I became a monster. This time, I chose a rabbit. I don't have a player name, it turned into "Rabbit" in the log.

{{menu screenshot}}

The special action menu "Monster Skill" has been added to the command window. From here, you are able to select and activate special skills. Special skills are performed by consuming TP.

{{rabbit vs. mandragora screenshot}}

I did not raise the monster level first. In Sarutabaruta, I engaged in a fight to the death against a mandragora. Because of the monsters chosen, killer effects are unlikely to activate.

Right now I can only use the low level "Foot Kick," but I will learn new techniques, like "Whirl Claws," as the level increases.

Soon my monster will become battle-worthy. Next, I thought... let's try fighting against players! However, since this is still being adjusted, PvP battle is not yet possible at this time.

{{white rabbit and black rabbit screenshots}}

It even seems that you can level up subspecies, such as white rabbits and black rabbits, separately. For example, white rabbits can learn the unique "Snow Cloud" ability.

This post was really only intented to touch upon the content. Some of the internal data was actually embedded in today's {{last week}} test server update. We're moving forward steadily on this development and preparing it for testing. Please wait a little bit longer.

**This post reflects content under development, which is subject to change.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I chuckled more than once while I was translating this one. After reading this post and the previous one, it sounds like this system will at least be good for a few laughs, if nothing else.

Regarding "Play As a Monster"

Hello!

I want to give some answers regarding some of the comments we received.

I plan to continue to respond to the comments received even after this post, similar to how we have continued to respond to the fishing comments. We're preparing full details on the vision for the system as well as how it will function.

While much of this may overlap with what we have previously discussed at Vana'Fest, we would like to share the information again so that more people can see it and take a look.

[quote=Aardvark]I don't want too much... or rather, I'm not very good at PvP. I wonder if there are only a few pe

A good portion of this translated post was eaten while I was editing it. I'm not going back and retranslating, though, because there's already an official translation on the SE forum which combines the two translations into one long post.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

First pass translation. I'll run through it once more for clarity and meaning as it's rather long and detailed (and important).

--

Progress Report (Sorry to Keep You Waiting!)

Hello, it's Matsui.

As always, thanks for continuing to play Final Fantasy XI.

A lot of time has passed since the last time I posted here, so I'd like to first apologize for that.

*Changes to Vana'diel over the past 2 years
    *How our players feel about the game
    And your questions about
    *What's going on with the development and management teams
    *What's the status on development progress
    *What's the path moving forward

We understand each of these situations, and I wanted to develop an organized response to this. There have been many challenges over the past few months and I needed more time to develop my response because of this, but at this point I can't fairly ask for any more time. So, as an interim report, I wanted to discuss what we're working on now, and what we're planning on for the future.

The Roadmap
    We are truly sorry that there have been such significant delays from the roadmap that was previously published. There were two reasons for this.

One was because the schedule was published before the announcement of "Seekers of Adoulin." The impact of the development work on Adoulin was much greater than we initialy forecasted.

The other is that the man hours it took to review the projects and feedback from the forum was also greater than the initial forecast.

I am considering creating and publishing a modified version of the roadmap through March 2013. Beyond that, we need some time so that we can both determine the real workload and redefine our development policies. It is important that we firmly establish this development plan for the new fiscal year and keep our players from becoming disappointed.

We understand that our players have been inconvenienced by this and may have some bitter feelings over it, but please give us a little more time.

The Current Situation
    I'm happy to read all of the player feedback that we get, not only from the forums, but also from Twitter or directly from our players.

One of the concerns raised with content, for example, is that people are not able to form up large enough groups to participate.

While there is by no means a small amount of content and a lot of content requires a party or more, I believe that there are a lot of contributing factors as to why people have found it difficult to act as a full party.

Right now, there is very little content to play at a casual difficulty level, and for some players it has already run out. We've also received many suggestions from players who focus on the content with a higher degree of difficulty that they often have no reason to log on or they have little to do when they are on. A lot of this is because of poor item performance or unnecessarily difficult item acquisition.

Development Policies
    So it's easy to understand, the main theme behind redefining our policies will be the following items:
    *Content Design
    *All Jobs
    *Determining Item Performance
    *Reward Distribution

First off, for players below level 99, we want you to become level 99 first. We are considering adjusting the level 95 limit break so that it can be done even solo. For players who have already become level 99, I would like to provide play situations of all varieties (solo/group, casual/difficult, etc.), and this will be the basis for new and adjusted content.

Once the top groups have exhausted the difficult content, we must also go in and make adjustments so that other players can come out with some reasonable success rate.

For example, strengthening players with additional equipment or job adjustments is one of the methods that we can use to directly reduce the difficulty of all content. Of course, those in the top group might be a little disappointed by this, but there is the assumption that at that point there will already be a new challenge with better rewards in place.

Also for existing content, to redefine the difficulty of getting the rewards, we will consider adjustments to the number of people required and the content's intended level range in order to meet the needs of whatever the current status in Vana'diel would require. This is especially true for adventurers who are just coming back now after a long break.

For the performance of items, the fact that the level will not continue to raise from 99 is one important factor that we would consider. There will be a need in the future to have both items that provide minor performance upgrades, as well as ones that provide significant upgrades.

As far as how to actually distribute rewards, we got a lot of feedback about this on the forum with respect to how we use low drop rates to adjust compensation to content difficulty. I believe we would like a point-based distribution method to be the standard method added for all situations.

For other things, we got a lot of feedback that battles at level 99 are just not well-balanced in general. For example, we need to make major adjustments to the processes related to enmity generation, and I suspect that there are issues with the TP system as well.

Now that I've outlined all of these, once we have a staff discussion based on player feedback, we will decide the timing of specific content introduction for the next fiscal year. Of course, since final decisions are not yet made, we are more than ever looking for player feedback here.

In Closing
    We get a lot of Twitter feedback and I know a lot of you are looking for a lot of interaction there. I can tell you that I would be stuck to Twitter all day in order to do that, so I'm sorry if feedback is a little slow.

That said, with things a little calmed down, I would like to take more of a look there, as well as to take more notes based on the forum feedback and hopefully respond more here as well.

I'm still only learning as the new producer, but I can tell you that I will try my hardest so that we can together build a Final Fantasy XI that is loved by everyone. We ask for your continued cooperation and participation in the future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Posts like this one confuse me:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit;
    Greetings!

We know that there has been quite a few requests from players to be able to change your character's race, gender, and name. While this is something we continue to look into, nothing has been finalized in terms of implementation or release, so we cannot announce any concrete details yet. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we'll be sure to announce updates as soon as we have them to share!
    Why even tell us that you are considering it but aren't doing anything when that's what we'd assume if you stayed silent?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Official translation of what Slycer translated:

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Hello.

Thank you all very much for your continued patronage of FINAL FANTASY XI.

Firstly, let me apologize that so much time has passed since my last post.

I have been struggling to comprehend each of the below points and organize everything to tell you all, and before I knew it, months had already passed by.

How has Vana'diel changed in the past two years?
    How do all of the players feel about these changes?
    What kinds of discussions are taking place within the development and operations team?
    With what kind of intentions and ways of thinking is work being done?
    What are the plans from here on out?

I'm at a point that I'd really like more time for all of this, but I can't just keeping saying that.

With that said, I'd like to share with you an interim report of what we are doing right now and what we would like to do moving forward.

Regarding the Roadmap

I apologize for the delays with the currently released roadmap. There are two reasons for this.

The first reason is that since the schedule was released before the announcement of Seekers of Adoulin, the effects of the development load for the expansion were much larger than anticipated.

The second reason is that the hours needed to work on and discuss all of the forum topics was much greater than we anticipated.

While we looked into a revised version of the roadmap to release, instead of redoing everything that was up until March 2013, we feel it's necessary to take time to build out a proper development plan from next year on, starting with redefining development plans and then deciding on the practical work content so that we do not disappoint all of you.

It's hard for me to ask this, as we've already caused everyone to worry and be inconvenienced, but please give us a bit more time.

Understanding the Current Situation

I have been reading over what everyone thinks, not only from all of the posts made on the forum, but from players' blogs, Twitter, and other sources.

For example, there's the concern with content and that the necessary content is not reaching the necessary people.

When thinking about the amount of content made thus far, it's not that the amount of content is skimpy by any means; however, I believe a contributing factor for this concern is that a lot of older content requires more than a party, but it has become quite difficult for a lot of players to do things with full parties these days.

Currently, due to the fact that there's a lack of low-difficulty and casual content, a majority of players are focusing on high-difficulty content, and there has been a lot of feedback that even though they log in they can't do what they want (nothing to do). Also affecting this is that things have become more complicated since adjustments have been made to drop rates and item stats.

Development Plans

With all that said, to make it easy to understand, we will be redefining and deciding on themes for the below points:

Content structure
    Jobs overall
    How to add stats to items
    How to hand out rewards

I'd personally like to see players that are below level 99 reach level 99 quickly (we will be looking into whether we can make adjustments so that the level 95 limit quest can be completed solo), and for players that have reached level 99, I’d like to create separate elements such as solo, group, casual, hardcore, and provide game play after defining themes for new elements and adjusted elements.

It's necessary to make adjustments to increase the win/success rate for content that has already been played out by the top groups so that players that come later can catch-up.

For example, strengthening players through job adjustments or the addition of gear works, but another good method is to directly lower the difficulty of content. Of course this is all on the basis that we provide another challenge and even better rewards for the top groups.

Also, in regards to existing content, we will be redefining the number of people required, the level spread, and reward difficulty, and look into making adjustments to fit the needs of the current Vana'diel.
    (I feel it would be best to work on the paths to these various types of content for adventurers that are coming back after a long break.)

In regards to item stats, this is a crucial growth element as you cannot level up past level 99. It's necessary to release items with stronger and really good stats in the future. For how you receive items, as many of you have requested on the forums, I'd like to have a point system in place for when you miss out on a reward that has its drop rate set low due to difficulty adjustments.

Additionally, there are a number of things that need to be decided such as aspects of battle that are not balanced up to level 99. For example, I believe the workings of the entire enmity system needs adjustment and the problem of TP given to enemies is an important issue to look into.

Once the framework of all of this has been decided, I will talk to the staff and we’ll decide exactly what we would like to do from here on out. Once all the details have been organized I will be sure to share the future plans with you all. Of course that will not be the ultimate finalized plan, as we would like to really hear your feedback now more than ever.

In Closing

I believe there are quite a few of you who would like me to communicate swiftly and with a high frequency like when I was using Twitter. Back then I was able to focus on Twitter all day long, but unfortunately these days I'm not as free as I once was. Sorry about that.

However, once things calm down a bit I would like to show my face a bit more.
    (Even though I am taking notes while I read the forum, I haven't been able to handle it all…)

I’m still in the midst of learning what it means to be producer, but I am doing the very best I can and would like to build a FINAL FANTASY XI with you all that will be loved by everyone.

Again, thank you all so much for your continued support.
    Source

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

First of several translations, lots of responses directly from Matsui to yesterday's post coming up.

Regarding the New Icons

Hello. Sorry it's been a while!

The progress around introducing the new UI to the test server has been slower than expected, so until the time that we are planning to use the new icons, in the next version update we will be adding the ability to toggle between the old and new icons from the configuration menu.

As soon as we are aware of any progress on the new UI, we will inform you immediately, so please be patient.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Useless and partially irrelevant reply to a reasonable question/request from someone (pretty typical). Should note that this post and the one above were community team posts, the rest below will be Matsui.

Regarding Accumulation of Moblin Pheromone Sacks

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by yae
    About the sacks - please let the NPC continue to accumulate the fifth sack even if you forget to retrieve your grimoire. I really want you to fix this. I think it's wrong that the NPC doesn't recover the sack if you forget it, and I was disappointed when I realized that I couldn't recover the maximum five sacks.
    The challenge of Meeble Burrows is created with the idea that one expedition begins when you trade your grimoire to the NPC, and then you retrieve your grimoire after you cmoplete the expedition. Therefore, since the expedition is not complete until you retrieve your grimoire, you cannot receive the next pheromone sack until that time.

If you happen to leave the expedition immediately, such as a sudden disconnection upon entry, the Moblin pheromone sack information is updated at that time to prevent it from going to waste.

I hope this is not too much trouble, but please note that you should recover the grimoire when you exit a Meeble Burrows expedition.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui intro

Hello.

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. It's Matsui again.

As I said previously, since there is not yet any concrete plan, you can give us your feedback on any of this. The main idea behind yesterday's post was to tell you our perception and policies based on the current situation and I did my best to also give you some specific ideas for our plans moving forward.

Also, if you have specific comments about individual projects, please post to the thread that is most relevant to the topic you want to discuss. Since the ideas will be distributed more effectively this way, we will no longer be collecting posts here.

Now, let me address some of the comments.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This was a really great post by someone on the JP side that summed up the situation pretty nicely, so I'm glad he picked this one out to address. I wish he would have addressed some of the points more directly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by d-3-b
    I think redefining the development policies is a great thing. From the players' perspective, it has been a slow process.

Originally, adjusting Embrava/Perfect Defense, implementing the SPs, etc., were all intended to be done ahead of other large projects. Because of the current development situation, this is no longer the case, correct? I think it probably also can't be helped that it will take some time for Matsui to figure all of this out as well. Honestly, though, based on some of these comments, I think the game is going to fall apart before the release of Adoulin.

When you redesign the policies of the development team, I think you don't have to worry about the roadmap anymore. I don't know why, but there were some weird things on there and stuff was being introduced half-assed - it'd be better to just not have made some of these changes at all. I hope you move forward by taking the time to creating more solid and elaborate content.

As far as forum support goes, I think the people who do respond to us have been a little more frequent recently, and this is great, but I still think we're in a bad situation. I think a lot of users who have recently stopped playing are now no longer posting here. While the people who are still playing best understand the current situation of the game, if you want to get the users who left to come back, you need to understand them as well.

In Matsui's comments, I really felt that he would persevere to do what's best for us, so I think I will hold out a little longer. I really wish you luck - I don't want to quit yet!!
    Thank you for pointing all of this out - we take this matter very seriously.

I don't mean that version updates will not happen until after the redefinition, we will be working in parallel with redefining our strategies and we are working to talk with the staff as much as possible about this.

Regardless of whether there are more or less adjustments, it is essential that we perform them with due diligence. We will work hard to support the forum as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Needed a little time to get some other stuff done, back to translations. I took a little license on the translation of Matsui's post, but I'm sure I captured the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum
    I'm rooting for you, so please give it your best!

I just have one comment. Since this is a forum, I think it needs to be a little more actively moderated. Many more difficult debates are evolving into heated battless with slander and plenty of negative remarks. I think a lot of these feelings come from opinions that some people have that others dont take seriously. The replies inevitably turn into a bunch of negative criticism about people's posts.

From time to time I see people with remarks that basically say "the way you're playing is wrong." While creating Vana'diel and playing in Vana'diel, I think this is a very serious issue. When I read posts here, I sometimes get the sense that I don't know anything and that I shouldn't be playing around, even though I'm trying to play to the best of my ability.

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks again, and my best wishes to you.

In fact, it's not the case that the development team and community reps do not actively play. I definitely do actively play. I have some ideas on why some people's perceptions are so different.

Many of the times people have the point of view that they only want to talk about things that benefit particular jobs. On the other hand, there are cases where people want to talk about things from an overall perspective affecting all jobs. There are also discussions about the general information we provide without giving specifics as far as getting a more certain idea about the vision or future plans.

The theme of discussions go on and on about the former because the benefits are a matter of perspective to the individuals which can be a problem from the perspective to benefits to the game as a whole.

The latter, however, as far as increasing the amount of information that we can without confirmation, still has room to be improved. However, there's a risk that it will then become a telephone game and the information posted will be incorrect. We hope to work together to correct this moving forward.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by oto
    In your post, you only talked about battle system content. Please also consider making adjustments to things like the Mog House or Chocobos.
    We will certainly continue to work on more than just battle systems.

However, since the battle system, jobs, and items are all closely connected, and these are the elements that the foundation of the game lies upon, I want to start with these and take it from there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I took a look and I think you have very good ideas. I do have one question about this part of your post:

(embedded quote with the four major items they are looking to address moving forward)

From what I can tell, you aren't planning to make any changes to the core battle system. It seems that right now the biggest problem with it is haste and its significantly increasing power. That being said, I think it's better to work on content for now and leave this for later.
    In addition to Haste, the whole battle system is also under consideration. Because it is a huge part of the game and changes will have major implications, we have to take these considerations very seriously.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Closing

Based on all of your feedback, the staff and I together will do the development work and management with the forum in mind.

That said, it is not practical for me to do it on my own so I will do my best along with the Community Reps and other development staff. If information does not come directly from me, please still respect the people providing it and refrain from slandering them.

Even if I only have a little time, I promise to stop by every now and then to make a post. {{I don't really understand his last remarks but nothing important is here so I'm not going to make an effort}}.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A lot of stuff popped up on the JP side today a little later than usual. Many of them were more Matsui responses to feedback, but these first couple are standard community team posts.

Regarding the New Puppetmaster SP Ability

After discussing all of the feedback we received, we have decided to proceed with the new PUP SP ability reflecting the current test server content.

Separately from this, and also based on feedback we received, we are considering some future adjustments to the ability and I would like to tell you about them.

*Eagle Eye Shot
    There has been a lot of demand to improve the power of Eagle Eye Shot, so we have decided to make this adjustment not only for the automaton, but for RNG as well. Since the behavior of the ability is based on the behavior of the ranger ability, we will make the adjustment to both accordingly.

*Strengthening the Automaton's Abilities
    There have also been some suggestions to improve or strengthen the normal abilities of the automaton itself, and I believe that this would be better implemented as an improvement to Overdrive rather than the new SP ability. Since we do plan to make adjustments to Overdrive in the future, we will reference your feedback and expect to include this adjustment.

There has been a slight delay in progress, but we will also think about adjustments to attachments in addition to the new SP ability and we will continue to make adjustments while keeping a focus on the bigger picture. Thanks for your continued feedback.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the New Ninja SP Ability

{{Couple of quoted posts. Both asking for improvements either in duration or the number of hits based on shadow images.}}

Thanks for all of your feedback. We have considered the suggestions we received, and in order to allow players to take better advantage of the ability, we have extended the duration from 30 to 45 seconds.

By increasing the number of attacks during the 45 seconds (also taking into account various support effects and equipment), we feel that you should be able to use at least 3-4 weapon skills in that time.

The fact that you are vulnerable to AoE attacks is unavoidable as that is one of the characteristics of Utsusemi. While Utsusemi can be used defensively while you are under attack, I think this ability will allow you to use it to focus on attacks when you are in a position of greater safety.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast