BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Mannequin Parts

{{Quoted post asking for it to become easier to get mannequin parts (add more acquisition methods, etc.) and to allow their sale on the auction house.}}

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider making these parts available for auction in order to make it easier to accumulate them all. Additionally, we will consider your other comments, so if you have any other suggestions, please continue to provide them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Posts - 1/5

I saw some new information about the version update on the official site earlier. It mentioned that there would be the adjustments to Tabula Rasa/Perfect Defense, does that mean that the new SP will also be implemented at the same time? If possible, I would like you to implement the new SPs at the same time as the reduction in these other abilities. (Goes on a bit)
    Hi, it's Matsui again. Sorry about the confusion.

First off, regarding the new SP abilities. While we have been moving forward at a steady pace, since it is still necessary to incorporate several additional adjustments, these will not be introduced in the next version update.

We are still planning to implement the adjustments to Tabula Rasa and Perfect Defense, as well as the corresponding content adjustments, in the next version update. We are preparing to discuss the version update with you in more detail, along with several other projects. This announcement is scheduled for the beginning of next week, so please look forward to that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Posts - 2/5

{{Bunch of questions/comments from some guy who seems to think that they are removing posts about opinions they don't want to read.}}

I'm sorry if my post has made you feel uncomfortable. We work hard to eliminate any distrust you may have in us, and we want you to know that all opinions are taken seriously regardless of the content, so we reply as often as possible.

We do want to remind you, though, that if there are any very harsh words or slander in a reply, the forum moderators will have no choice but to remove the post. When that happens, the opinions that you went through the trouble to express cannot reach the development team. Since this is unfortunate for both the players and the developers, we would like to ask again for your cooperation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Posts - 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by Razoredge
    Before you make the adjustments to allow for soloing of the level 95 limit break, can you remove the rare tag from the items? Assuming the fossilized items required will remain the same, it will be helpful if you can accumulate more than one set to get more combat experience.
    This is Matsui, thanks for your ideas. Since this is something that I think can be implemented in a short period of time, and something we can work on, I will take it to the development team.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Posts - 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki
    Do you play on a test server or on a normally running server? Are you playing together with other players?
    I have been playing a general account privately on the same servers as everyone else.

I think I also mentioned previously, there are some cases where I've been playing in a static party. {{something about chocobos}} I'm a little ashamed to say this, but I am just now finally at a level where I can do the Maat battle.

However, the staff has quite a few veterans (it's also the case that some people who were already veterans later joined the staff) who have been playing the recent content. At work, I often overhear conversations about how formidable the Odin II battle was made, or how difficult the Arch Dynamis Lord fight can be for a small group.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Posts - 5/5

{{Guy saying he's been playing on and off for quite some time, recommending that there should be better help systems in the game or an official site out of the game to get you introduced or reintroduced to the various content in the game.}}

Thanks for your feedback. After returning to the forum the other day, I have gotten quite a lot.

We respect that there is ever-changing information and strategies that are developed and accumulated within the player community, and the stance so far has been to not establish an official site that has "all the answers."

10 years have passed since the beginning, and the world and the amount of content have become huge. Recommending certain content for certain levels, or how certain things work together, etc., is something that I think players should work on to come up with good solutions.

However, since all of the feedback I have about this at the moment is pretty vague, please let me know with some detail if there is a specific demand for something and we can take a look.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Embrava & Perfect Defense

Good evening, it's Matsui.

I am sorry, I had very little time to post today because of meetings. I want to let you know ahead of the update that we reviewed the situation again and came to a conclusion regarding the adjustments for Embrava/Perfect Defense.

The adjustments to Embrava & Perfect Defense will not be implemented in the next version update (the adjustments of battle content that were assumed to be coordinated with Perfect Defense and Embrava will still be added as planned.).

Although in last week's post I had recommended implementation in the December version update...
    *Many people have read my post and replied to it, but for those who view fan sites, etc., I have not been able to properly explain to everyone in the community.
    *It was believed that this adjustment would be carried out in combination with the introduction of the new SP abilities.

We have considered these points and we have decided to postpone the implementation.

I am getting together details about the future plans, but it has become quite a task (and I am a slow writer), so I'm hoping to get it out by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Thank you very much.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Accumulation of Moblin Pheromone Sacks

In the mid-December version update, we will unconditionally raise the upper limit on the stock of Moblin Pheromone Sacks to 10.
    *Following the update, when you speak to the NPC, the current stock will be reset and set to the maximum 10.

Additionally and separately, you will be able to acquire new key item(s) in exchange for research marks which allow the stock limit to be extended up to a maximum of 16, so please consider adding these as necessary.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My translation, I'm sure official will be up in a few hours. I will need to read through this again for accuracy as it's rather long and detailed.

--
    Hello, it's Matsui again.

I just want to explain in more detail regarding the history behind and future plans for the adjustments of Embrava and Perfect Defense. While some parts may not have enough detail, please read through the entire explanation.

Pros and Cons of Adjustment and Timing

To fill in some of the blanks, I was anxious to get this completed right away. I feared that it would follow in the footsteps of Utsusemi from the past. After talking to the development and management teams, I made a decision to adjust these but I realized there was no time to do so.

Although the understanding and approval of the staff of the development and management teams was obtained, since we were working with a limited amount of time, we were not able to communicate this on the forum. It was certainly not the intent to give you any anxiety over this and we apologize for not being able to share this with you more effectively.

By making these changes, it will lead to eliminating the need to develop enemy or battle behaviors designed to work against these effects. I have also been keeping an eye on the development work around job and content introduction for Seekers of Adoulin and I believe these adjustments are necessary (especially for Embrava).

Can you not move forward without weakening the power of Embrava and Perfect Defense?

When comparing these with other SP abilities, their effectiveness really doesn't seem to be designed with the same mindset. I do not believe that we can avoid making these adjustments.

If we designed monsters or content with the ability to disable Perfect Defense and Embrava, by erasing them for example, it might eliminate summoners and scholars from certain battle strategies altogether, and we certainly do not want to do this.

That being said, there is a difference between enjoying some content/battles by just spamming flashy WSes and enjoying all content/battles in that way.

Are you trying to eliminate all strategies which favor the players?

Rather than creating an advantage or disadvantage, the problem here is with game balance. I think the biggest problem here is that these abilities were left without adjustment for too long.

When the level cap was raised, a lot of the difficulty and hard work associated with collecting equipment was tossed into the trash, so I know the situation very well.

What we do isn't always correct. So, when we make a mistake, we do what we can to correct it and we promise to make the adjustments or modifications as soon as possible.

Are you still planning on adjusting the content?

There are some reasons above, but on top of that, I understand that many believe that if the current proposal is implemented, they will not be able to clear the content, and so they do not want the implementation.

The essential problem, I believe, is that people do not have the required prerequisites for certain content {{number of players, qualifications to participate, etc.}}. While it is difficult to find a perfect solution in the short term, while adding new content we will also adjust existing content, and these adjustments will take place in stages.

Why were the adjustments postponed?

1. There was insufficient communication.
    2. Thoughts that this adjustment will make it so that there is less content to play {{I assume this is based on the answer to the question above}}.
    3. We considered the impact of other adjustments may be greater.

Regarding the first, I think we need some time to improve this moving forward.

For the second, essentially, to provide the new content I think the ideal way is that there is a closer coordination with the old content adjustments. However, since the next version update is in December, we decided to move forward and implement ahead of the content adjustments.

However, for new Salvage, there is a slightly unusual response regarding adjusting the effect of Embrava. Although the balance of new Salvage did not take Embrava into account, if it was still available at full strength, we assume that strategies would be established involving it. We have seen several posts from those who are concerned about the impact of this on new Salvage, including some suggestions that we should put off the implementation. However, since there are many whose playtime would decrease if we put off the implementation, we have adopted a method of adjustment. {{No more information here, so not sure what he's talking about just yet...probably more info at a later time. (Update: Embrava will be nerfed with the new adjustment in Salvage only in this update.)}}

With respect to the third, we have just verified this in QA as of yesterday. We will be introducing this shortly but I am just announcing here for the first time that we will fix the bug that allows for status effects to be maintained by interacting with NPCs.

While the original intent of this mechanism was to avoid the loss of effects during battle cutscenes, it has been used in other ways which allows certain powerful abilities to be maintained for far longer durations than intended. It was determined that to properly continue work on the development of Seekers of Adoulin as well as to adjust Embrava and Perfect Defense that we needed to make this adjustment at this time.

In closing...

I regret that we have not been more forthcoming with posting information to the forum until now. There have been many more suggestions since yesterday's post, and we want to take your feedback into account before and after the adjustments are made.

The development and management teams as well as myself will make the changes needed to be understood by everyone and we will also make appearances on the forum whenever possible in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just one more post for today.

Regarding Mog House BGM

Hello!

(couple of quoted posts)

Sorry to have kept you waiting.

In the next version update, this furniture will finally appear. The effect of this furniture is to allow you to choose what song plays in the Mog House. In addition to the traditional "Mog House" song, "Vana'diel March" can also be selected (and it is possible that the list will increase by many songs in addition to that one...).

Also, if you install this together with a spinet without removing it, the list of songs from the spinet can also be selected. Please stay tuned for more info.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Design Principles for "Play As a Monster"

Hello!

In regards to the play as a monster system, I got some comments from the person in charge of development, so I will directly copy them here. For now, we're talking just about the basic design principles for the system. Please refer to the quoted text below.
    _________

Hello. This is Iwakami {{I think that's what it translates to, but there are a couple possibilities}} and I'm in charge of the play as a monster system.

For play as a monster, we don't want to be bound by the previous FFXI experience, so we are developing this content with the mindset that anyone can play it starting from scratch with a completely fresh feeling.

At this time, we want to talk about the basic design policies for play as a monster.

First, a few notes:

The information here is based on the current development and may be changed in the future. I will use iffy words like "intend to," "plan to," "believe that," etc., to emphasize this, while also noting which points are most important. The message I'm trying to convey, mostly, is what we are trying to achieve with the content.

Thank you in advance.

Basic Policy

*Playability is the same for everyone

Regardless of players' jobs and current levels, and factors like the equipment they've received or the spells they've learned, in the play as a monster system, everyone will start from the same baseline.

Therefore, even the players who only meet the minimum requirements to participate can still be on the same playing field as veteran players.

That said, we're considering the addition of certain atma-like elements which reward adventurers for previously having gone through difficult challenges, but these will by no means be essential.

*A Pleasant Play Experience

*New elements will be released at a good pace.
    *We plan to generate excitement around the release of new elements.
    *You can start participation whenever you want, rather than needing a specific location or time.
    *You can choose to stop participating in the content whenever you like.
    *There is no limit to challenges, playtime, or replayability.

I have noted these points as they will be implemented for sure.

The basic premise of the play as a monster system is to live the life of a monster. You can become that monster and run through the fields, once in a while trying to fight adventurers or other monsters; I want to work hard to be able to extend the experience of living the life of a monster to all of FFXI. As you get accustomed to your life as a monster, you may choose to have a playoff with your monster buddies to determine who is the strongest mandragora, or decide which type of monster is number one: you're free to play as you choose.

In the basic system, we want to be able to provide light play elements and more challenging play elements, as well as elements designed to play alone and others designed to play together.

Without saying specific things like "this element is designed for players," we want players to want to enjoy it in the form it is introduced with, with the goal being to allow each and every player to play as the monster inside of them.

For the next steps, we are considering multiplayer items like team competitions and battlefields for which we believe we can design content to apply to the play as a monster battle system. First, though, we're just aiming to get the basic system going.

I am truly sorry to have kept you waiting; moving forward, I want to give out information for a regular basis and I want to thank you again!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Replies

{{Quote of old post where he quoted someone else who was asking to take the rare tag off the items required for the final LB saying that he would follow-up on that and likely implement it}}

I want to give you some further news on this. After completing the verification QA, we were able to get this in for the December version update at the last minute. Specifically, we've applied the following changes:

*The "rare" attribute will be removed from fossilized fang, fossilized bone, seasoning stone, and olde rarab tail.
    *The stack number will be changed from 1 to 12 on fossilized fang, fossilized bone, seasoning stone, and olde rarab tail.
    (Accordingly, you will be able to obtain the olde rarab tail from Degenhard each time you trade the necessary items.)

While we were considering these changes, we also considered the time that it takes to obtain the items by defeating monsters, but we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary to adjust these drop rates. We certainly want the quest to become level 99 to be completed by as many players as possible, so please try to get through it now if you haven't already!

{{Someone referencing the Utsusemi part of Matsui's post and asking to bring NIN tanking back for some battles, also asking why this was "traumatic" for Matsui, he mentioned that there was some "trauma" for him around this in his post.}}

I guess I didn't really explain. I wasn't traumatized by the use of shadow tanking as a battle tactic, but moreso by the history behind all of the monsters designed with countermeasures against shadow tanking! ><

Although I only vaguely remember this, in an old friend's blog, I remember reading something like "I thought I wouldn't recover from the accident today, but I was saved by a Stun! It was so wonderful ♡" and I remember thinking that shadow tanking strategies seemed to have spread way beyond just ninja.

{{Quoted post that says while they know Embrava is too strong, they see that SCH will be much more undesirable for most battles, wondering if they will do anything to the job to counter that and make it more desirable again}}

Scholars have the ability to add long-lasting enhancing effects and a highly effective regen spell, which I think will be useful in content such as the new Salvage that is about to be implemented.

However, I understand that there is a chasm between the thoughts and ideas of the development side and the players. We will make the adjustments necessary based on everyone's feedback while closely monitoring the status in the future. We hope that you'll participate in this discussion in the future!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How to Obtain the BGM Player Furniture

Hello!

{{Quoted post asking if the item can be used in any mog house}}

In the next version update, the operation of this item will only be possible in the home nation's mog house. Since there is no furniture in a rental house, we would need to change the structure completely, so this will need to be considered separately.

{{Quoted post asking how to get the item}}

There are two ways to get the item.
    *Synergy item that will require relatively high synergy skill and several different types of synthesis skills.
    *As a reward for the "Starlight Festival" (only for the duration of the event).

It should be relatively convenient to get.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nothing super important today, but a bunch of interesting tidbits. First three are summaries, last one is a translation.

Event Item Storage

One post asking if they are updating item storage (storage slips) for some specific newer event items. The specific items he asked about were:

Eerie Cloak (& +1): They responded that since there's a limit on the number of items that can be stored they've placed priority on newer items - this item can already be stored at the original event item storage NPC.
    Ahriman/Pyracmon Head: Will be added to a storage slip.
    Teleport Necks: Can't be done because of the charges
    Pumpkin Furniture: Already been storable as of December 2011.

While in the past they've usually made items storable in the update following the event, in the future they plan to make items storable at the same time wherever possible. In the next update, Salvage items as well as new Starlight Festival and New Year Celebration items will all be storable right away.

Soul Voice

Some guy asks if there's some hidden effect that increases the duration of Scherzo during SV. He has a G-Horn 99 (or so he says), so I'm already confused that he's asking this question.

Anyway, they respond with the obvious: in many cases Soul Voice increases the effect potency of the song. However, for some songs, an increase in potency would have little or no value, and the songs would better benefit from an increase in effect duration, so that's what occurs. Scherzo and Mazurka are included in this category.

Embrava/PD

These were postponed from the December version update, but they will still carry out the adjustments presented in the topic from the other day. This is not meant to be the end of adjustments, content adjustments will continue to be considered even after these adjustments.

Matsui Post - Stat Disparity Across Races

{{This is a reply on a thread called "I'm a Weak Tarutaru" talking about the large stat disparity at higher levels across races.}}

Hey, it's Matsui. I've been reading a lot of your comments.

I've been giving thought to all of your opinions and it is clear that they are very divided.

I may seriously consider changes if there is sufficient demand, but since any change can create a large ripple effect, it's a difficult subject to tackle.

I believe that this needs to be done in a way that is relatively easy to implement, but I also have to relax some of the disparity as far as balancing the growth of stats for each level and balancing monsters and content (I think everyone who actually plays understands the changes that need to be made).

Although the solution will probably not be coming any time soon, I understand what the players are looking for, and I will spend some time thinking about it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

NA post reply christmas continues with some unfortunate news:
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
    Greetings!

Simply increasing movement speed or adding automatic flee would affect battle balance and content, so testing results might be a bit off. However, if the reason is that you'd like a way of accessing content faster to test, wouldn't it be even better to have a feature that would instantly warp you to the area or NPC you need to get to?

Overall, we would like to make improvements to the Test Server to create an environment that is easier to test in, so if you have any other suggestions please let us know (in addition to travel speeds and invulnerability, which we have jotted down!).
    Hello,

Amidst all the current plans, we do not have any specific Ballista revamps in mind at this time. However, this is only due to the fact that there is a lot to be done right now (expansion coming!), and the development of these things are higher in priority, so it's not that we are ruling out the possibility to adjust Ballista in the future. Also, depending on what the revamps entail, the easier edits could possibly be done quicker, but the more large-scale revamps would take a bit more time, and we would need to consider the Seeker of Adoulin schedule.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Either I missed where this was posted or I'm really surprised this hasn't been brought up already:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews21808.shtml

Dec. 6, 2012 02:45 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Action against RMT Activity Involving Power Leveling

We are currently investigating players who advertise power leveling services via Shout/Yell, collect gil from the participants, and then use that gil to engage in RMT-related activity. Our investigations thus far have revealed that these players regularly advertise in the Jeuno area and we have responded by terminating the FINAL FANTASY XI service accounts of those found guilty of this behavior.

Please be aware that advertising in such a manner in itself can be disrupting to other players and we may take action against players who continuously advertise for the above kind of parties. This also includes behavior that helps facilitate such activity. Please take caution in not supporting RMT-related activity.

In addition, if you witness other players engaging in this behavior, please report the details to the Special Task Force via the Square Enix Support Center.

Square Enix Support Center
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ffxi/
    [Contact] > [Report to Special Task Force] >?[Witnessed RMT related activity in-game]

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
    tl;dr Goodbye FC burns.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

ARE YOU READY FOOOR SAAAAAAAALVAAAAAGE?
    At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XI to accompany the version update. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

Downloadable file sizes for the FINAL FANTASY XI version update are as follows.

[File size for clients with "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 36 MB

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 55.6 MB

Xbox 360 Version
    Downloadable file size: 55.4 MB

[File size for clients without "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 30 MB

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 50.1 MB

Xbox 360 Version
    Downloadable file size: 50.2 MB

* The details of the version update will be announced separately on Dec. 10, 2012.

[Date & Time]
    Dec. 10, 2012 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST)
    * The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Amazingly, not a "no." No excuse to not upgrade your Nashira Manteel anymore! I suppose the Einherjar update will have a more significant impact.

Regarding Limbus Adjustments

{{Two quoted posts about how the chip requirement to try original Omega/Ultima is annoying at this point because the three day limitation is still in place. References to how you have to spend 4 or 6 runs farming chips for the old Omega/Ultima while once you farm the KIs for the new Omega/Ultima all you need is ABCs. Asked to make it possible to exchange ABCs for all types of chips.}}

We believe that the steps to get to the boss in the higher tier expansion of Limbus is balanced because of the high number of Ancient Beastcoins required. The idea behind this is that you may earn the required number of coins in parallel with collecting materials or chips for the lower tier bosses, allowing you to save time.

For Limbus in general, we have in the past received a lot of feedback about the harsh restriction on retry time. Since it has been some time since the addition and players have quite well completed most of the content, we have decided to reduce the waiting time on purchasing Cosmo-Cleanse to 20 hours in this month's version update, so feel free to challenge this event more often. (The waiting time on Einherjar will be reduced equally.)

In other situations, we also want to reduce the burden on the collection of chips to challenge the higher tier battles Limbus areas and original bosses. In order to avoid concentration of the inventory/collection burden on one player, we will remove the "EX" attribute from chips so that they can easily be gathered together.

While we considered the exchange of Ancient Beastcoins to chips like you suggested, we have decided to maintain the status quo regarding the entry conditions at this time. That being said, this may be in the works for future version updates, in case you don't mind waiting a little longer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding the Synergy Furnace

Thanks for your feedback. A few more individual responses...

{{Quoted post that the maximum of 99 on fewell is weird (referencing the fact that one piece of fewell adds 50 units to the furnace), asking to raise it to 100.}}

Since the mechanism can be adjusted up to 127, we should be able to do this without any major programming needed. I'll check into it.

{{Quoted post asking to eliminate area restrictions on using Synergy Furnace. Guy wants to be able to scrap seals in sky in case he gets double drops while soloing. lol.}}

As a basic rule, the portafurnace is limited to field areas (while Ru'Aun Gardens looks like a field, it is treated equivalent to a dungeon). Since there is some special programming required for the portafurnace, there are technical issues why they cannot be used in battlefield or dungeon areas, and the restriction is in place to avoid this.

{{Quoted post asking to make the portafurnace pop in front of the character rather than right on top of the character.}}

While it would be nice if this was possible, since you're not always on flat terrain, to avoid having the furnace end up buried in walls or rocks, or any other places you cannot physically go to, the furnace appears at the same coordinates as your character (the same goes for the trials log associated with Magian Spectacles).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding Enfeebling Effects Not Appearing on Certain Monsters

{{Quote: Since Voidwatch, there has been a large amount of boss monster type end-game content with area attacks used for normal attacks. While this is understandable and allows the monster to perform different kinds of normal attack actions, are the effects of paralysis and slow irrelevant in this situation? I was wondering about that.}}

We have also considered this, and in order to give full effectiveness to enfeebling magic, we want to respond to this phenomenon. In next week's version update, we will adjust these types of monsters so that paralysis and "Killer" effects function on them.

For Slow, the process will be more complex to adjust - we are considering it, but we ask for a little more time before we can implement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast