Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Official announcement about Limbus is here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...778#post384778

Limbus Adjustments
    Greetings and happy Friday!

During this month’s version update we will be reducing the amount of time necessary before obtaining Cosmo-Cleanse. We have been receiving a lot of feedback since a while back mentioning that the wait times were a bit too restricting, so we would like to make it easier to access this content. With that said, after the adjustment takes place the wait time will be reduced to 20 hours. Additionally, we will also be making the same wait time reduction adjustment to Einherjar.

Besides this adjustment, we would also like to reduce the stress of gathering chips needed to access the higher-tier Limbus. Specifically, we will be removing the EX status on chips, enabling people to work together to assemble sets.

We originally looked into exchanging ancient beast coins for chips, but felt that this would increase the uses of ancient beast coins too much, and also mix up the requirements for the higher-tier areas, so we decided to keep this aspect as is.

This adjustment will not make it in time for the December version update, but it is slated for the version update to follow.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dec. 10, 2012 00:35 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

All Worlds Maintenance Time Change (Dec. 10)

The all Worlds maintenance, which was scheduled to occur on Dec. 10, 2012 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST), has been postponed until further notice due to the discovery of a critical bug. We will provide an update once the new maintenance time is confirmed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
    To be announced

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm sure everyone is looking for information on the update delay here, but instead you'll get some useless Limbus and Mog House translations (aside from the announcement of the delay, nothing specific regarding the update delay has been posted on the JP side or NA side).

Regarding Limbus Chip Collection

{{Quoted post of some guy with similar concerns to those I had last week about the potential to bazaar used chips after the EX tag is removed. Also asking about potential application to BCNM orbs.}}

As a response, along with removing the EX attribute, the structure of admission has been changed so that the chip is taken. However, chips that have already been spent and not taken at this time can still be traded, so we plan to put a priority on changing this to avoid any trouble associated with this.

For battlefield orbs, the processing mechanism is different: if you select "no" on the confirmation dialogue after trading the orb, it is necessary to have the orb returned to cancel so it cannot be taken from the player when traded.

Also, since there are many different kinds of orbs and a large number of battlefields, and additionally cases where you use key items to enter for missions and quests, it is honestly not likely that we will be making this change. For battlefields, please allow the status quo to remain for the time being.

Regarding Mog House Extensions

{{Quoted post asking for more space in the mog house and/or the carpet area to take up less space.}}

While the secrets of the carpet are only known to the folks in Aht Urhgan, from a more practical standpoint, because of the system design, some of this space must be set aside the Mog House exit.

Additionally, for events/cutscenes that occur in the Mog House, the location of the Moogle PC and the surrounding area must not be occupied, so the center is a restricted area. This is also one reason that the Moogle cannot be moved.

There have been many requests regarding the Mog House and there are many things we'd like to change. However, the mog house was designed very early in the FFXI system and is not very flexible for expansion, so any requests which would require a significant rebuild or reprogramming cannot be implemented.

So, while performing a major renovation is certainly under consideration for the long term, we will still respond in the short term by applying any small changes that we can.

Regarding widening the mog house from the quoted subject, since we don't currently have an easy way to perform this, please understand that it will be difficult to accomplish in the short term.

While it is difficult to provide a single clear response to all of the ideas, especially those involving large changes, all proposals are welcome, and we would appreciate receiving a variety of ideas.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edit: Holy crap why does this thread always EAT MY POST AGGGGGGGHHHHH. Fixed below.
    _____

Translation. I'm in tears, I tell you- TEARS.

I kid, but I like this guy:

Room to Improve

Hello, it's Matsui.

I'm sorry about the postponement of the version update. The bug fix and verification work is complete, so in the maintenance tonight from 2:00-4:00 (JST), we will deliver the new Salvage, etc. Please hang on a few more hours! m(_ _)m

For those who thought "Matsui isn't looking at the forum this week," I'm sorry. Our hands were a little full with the version update, and I was worried that if I started a new discussion with you by putting up some new information that I'd have to break away from the discussion in the middle of it and then it would take too long to catch up.

So, for this post, the idea is not to discuss topics about the version update but rather my thoughts on the game in general. (My ideas have not changed significantly since the renovation of the FFXIV battle system; however, I think it's important to also share my ideas again with the FFXI players).

My main belief is that there is always room to improve.

Please don't misunderstand my comment here; it doesn't matter if the game is good or bad - a large part of the fun of a game is that the activities you take part in are well-rewarded (and it can also be fun to complete a collection, or to complete a difficult list of activities.)

The excitement associated with killing a very, very strong enemy, or clearing difficult content is largely proportional to the strength of the enemy or the difficulty of the content.

However, I think that the "room to improve" goes beyond just the game.

Things like tactically casting Stun to stop a strong technique, properly using equipment and medicines, or fully understanding the layout of a battlefield...there are many different types or levels of "room to improve."

When I look at FFXI recently from this viewpoint, the types of improvements that were made have been biased.

For everyone who likes playing FFXI, I really want to emphasize enjoyable content that can be tried by everyone where as you continue to perform better, you are better rewarded. There are all kinds of "room to improve," and by continuing to make additions to the game, we hope to continue improving.

I hope the results of these improvements will create more fond memories down the road and strengthen your passion for FFXI. Thank you very much.

P.S.
    Over the next few days, if you aren't focused on posts related to the version update, please understand that while members of the team may look at or post in other hot topics, please understand that our first priority will be the version update and discussion on related threads.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Random translations, none of these are super critical, so just the summaries:

1- There's a bug with the Flytrap TP move Gleosuccus, something with TP consumption. They're working on it, fix won't be in this update, but will be in a subsequent update as it needs to be verified.

2- Limbus/Einherjar timers won't be reset with the update, nor will they be reduced to 20 hours, they'll just continue ticking down at whatever current time remaining they have. Any subsequent entries will have the correct 20 hour timer.

3- Today's version update is adding a new graphical configuration setting to attempt to stabilize graphics for certain graphics cards. It's in the miscellaneous tab (the config settings outside the game, not in the game), asking to give it a try if you have unusual graphics issues.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

To clarify the situation -- normal players will not get in trouble for advertising power leveling services on their own. We will thoroughly investigate whether or not the users soliciting for the service are affiliated with RMT activity and take action against those that are. However, in the event players are supporting RMT activity and services, there is a possibility of being punished as well. Therefore, we ask users to be careful not to involve themselves in activity that is associated with RMT.
    May as well.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm clueless with dat mining, so I guess I can just help translate some random stuff. =P

In Regards to Automaton Enhancing Magic Priority

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Since
    I would like it if the RDM Automaton's Enhancing Magic priority was changed.

Currently, it is Protect>Shell>Stoneskin>Phalanx>Haste
    Ideally, it would be Protect>Shell>Haste>Phalanx>Stoneskin

Don't think it is something inconvienent.
    In regards to Automaton enhancing magic, the concept was that the automaton would prioritize magic that would protect the master, thus defensive spells were put first in line.

We can change the priority. We are thinking that in order to allow you to enforce your control more strictly, we are thinking of separating it to have the automaton prioritize Stoneskin during combat vs harder foes and Haste vs equal or lower foes.

(EM and lower you'll get Haste)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nothing critical on the JP side today, but some minor translation summaries.

Huge post about why the spell lists were reset. Basically they're working on restructuring the way spells work right now to prepare for some future overhaul (the UI maybe).

Other post was interesting, they gave some Aytanri testing results.

They did the test on a level 99 character with 460 attack and 1067 defense:
    Against a monster 79 levels lower (level 20 Crane Fly in Meriphataud)
    Normal attack damage: 188, Attack damage with proc: 188

Against a monster 19 levels lower (level 80 Aw'ghrah in Garden)
    Normal attack damage: 118, Attack damage with proc: 184

Against a monster 6 levels higher (level 105 Mourning Crawler in Boyahda)
    Normal attack damage: 69, Attack damage with proc: 139

So obviously the effect amplifies as the monsters you're attacking are more and more powerful, as you'd expect. Seems to be a pretty sizeable bonus, but obviously 1067 is a crazy amount of defense that you aren't normally going to have.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation (bunch of other posts besides this one, but nothing worth translating unless you're really into vegetables, etc.):

Regarding Salvage

Now that the version update has been completed and the upper tier expansion of Salvage was introduced, I want to comment on the replies comparing this to past Salvage.

For the upper tier Salvage expansion, the goal was to allow players to clear as much as possible without the event being too shallow and without getting stuck.

With that assumption, the balance of the content was adjusted so that it can normally be cleared relatively quickly with about six players (and it seems that some people have already been able to clear with even fewer than six).

Some people who are especially experienced in the previous Salvage, however, may feel a little dissatisfied.

The event was designed with veteran players in mind as well, with the hope that if you continue to explore the various routes you can become more efficient and acquire more items along the same paths.

The routes were designed so that it is easy to aim for the goal of your choice; for example, by including areas where it is easy to collect Alexandrite. I think that as you investigate more thoroughly and discover these parts, you'll discover the purpose of these additional areas.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bunch of Matsui posts today. Most of them are replies to other stuff, this one is self-contained:

Regarding the Old Salvage

I spoke with the staff responsible for Salvage regarding future adjustment plans.

The result of our talk was that we plan to make adjustments to increase the drop rates for equipment obtained in the previous Salvage (Lv 35~).

Additionally, for Bhaflau Remnants (also known as "Bhafknock"*), in addition to the adjustment above, we're also planning to change it so that the equipment drops from monsters other than the original NMs.

Increased occurrences of NMs would affect the alexandrite yield (since cotton coinpurses drop in addition to the higher drop rate equipment), but we plan to make this adjustment in such a way that it will increase the chance for you to get the equipment that you're looking for.

{{*Apparently this is some JP nickname given to Bhaflau, assumedly because of the ramparts. I never heard it before so I'm just guessing on the translation, but that makes sense.}}

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Another Matsui reply, this time with some SoA teasing.

{{Quoted post about concerns regarding crystal costs with the new teleport devices and congestion around the waypoint in Ru'Lude.}}

Thank you for your reply. I'll respond to your two concerns.

1) About Crystals.

I was thinking that there might be some momentary consumption of the crystals immediately after the introduction of the content, but not really a significant impact in the long run. For those who play Voidwatch, since you can already warp to many areas, there shouldn't be many people using this method of movement.

Hypothetically, even if the price of crystals did rise, the number of sellers should then increase and we would expect the price to gradually fall back down over time. I am not particularly concerned about this, however, as no large price fluctuations have occurred.

2) About Congestion

Second, regarding the crowdedness of Ru'Lude Gardens.

Although I don't want to get too detailed here since I may give story spoilers, one of the new elements in the Seekers of Adoulin storyline is the study of geomagnetic fields. The ones that have been introduced so far are meant to serve as an unveiling of the concept and a pretext to that storyline. As far as traveling to Adoulin, these are also used in their home nation...

As of right now, we haven't seen very much congestion in Ru'Lude Gardens. If it needs to be dealt with, we will respond quickly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Matsui Odds & Ends

{{Quoted post asking if they can change macros to 16 lines to allow every equipment slot to be changed, etc.}}

His response is that even though they've given reasons against this in the past, it's under consideration for the future.

{{Quoted post responding to Matsui's "improving" post mentioning that some stuff like new Nyzul are pretty clearly against that since it is highly reliant on luck and can be very frustrating. Also mentions some of the things that set FFXI apart from other MMOs (story, being a FF game, etc.)}}

Matsui goes on to say that part of improving the game will be to create content where you can remain enthusiastic about it and still have fun even if you aren't successful and that they will still continue to keep the story fun and the community engaged as part of improving the game.

{{Quoted post asking a bunch of really random questions about Matsui.}}

Matsui cracks a few jokes then gets serious and says he's going to talk to Mocchi about whether or not they should be starting something like the FFXIV Letter from the Producer.

{{Quoted post saying they like the direction of this VU as far as balancing content for hardcore and casual and they hope that future ones are like this.}}

He thanks the poster for his kind words, says he's been busy, but promises to keep up with the forum and deliver the info to the dev team, then thanks everyone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hope this little clarification is not out of the league of this topic, otherwise delete:

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    {{*Apparently this is some JP nickname given to Bhaflau, assumedly because of the ramparts. I never heard it before so I'm just guessing on the translation, but that makes sense.}}
    "Bhafknock" is the slang JP people use for doing the Ramparts in Bhaflau. It originates from Baseball. Like a Baseball player would stand around practising hitting balls with his bat, you are standing infront of the Rampart also doing "knocks" repeatendly repelling the monsters.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Summary of translated posts for today since nothing is super important.

General comments:

1) Spinet is (and has always been) missing two songs (Autumn Footfalls and Main Theme - FINAL FANTASY XI Version). They'll be added back in the next update.

Matsui responses regarding Meeble Burrows:

2) It's intended that the number of research marks per person now goes up instead of down with more people, and will continue to follow that trend in future expeditions.

3) Worms are a bonus and not the primary reward and are supposed to be random. No plans to associate the worms bonus with performance (and they are not currently associated with performance).

4) No plans to have future Meeble Burrows content take place in open field areas as that would kind of go against the whole "burrows" idea. There'll be open field stuff in SoA.

5) It's intended that goal 3s on expeditions are relatively easy with 6 people. There were originally plans for some sort of "hard mode," however, and it's something they might still consider.

About WoE (coin) weapons:

6) They realize that WoE weapons take too much time relative to Empyreans when comparing the stats to one another so they're discussing changes. Two possible thoughts - either remove the "ex" tag on coins or add pouches for devious dice/liminal residue. Maybe both. They definitely want to make sure that they're easier to make than Empyrean weapons, though still not totally effortless.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Displaying the Number of Items While Trading

No need to translate this in full again, but they're currently testing a minor convenience update to the trade interface that shows your inventory capacity and the current number of items you hold at the top of the screen when you open a trade dialog, in the same way it does when you normally go through your inventory. Obvious reason for this would be so that you aren't accepting a trade that puts you over your item maximum, or so that you'll know you're full as soon as you open up the trade dialog.

Image they posted showing the change (highlighted by the red box):

(is he staring at the floor in Bastok?)

The only other post up so far is one from Fujito. Apparently there have been some PS2 memory corruption blackouts lately caused by FFXI, so he's asking for more details around those so they can try to figure out the problem. (Hint: You're playing on a 12+ year old video game console).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

What is this I don't even: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post388270
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

As previously mentioned above, if we were to increase Shockwave's sleep effect more than what it is currently, it would become extremely strong when fighting multiple enemies or strong enemies. Therefore, adjusting the potency/accuracy without affecting general battle strategy would be quite difficult.

By increasing magic accuracy the success rate will increase, so we'd like players to find methods like this to use it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Here's a translation about Play-as-a-Monster with a bit more info on using TP moves, sounds good to me. They're really getting tons of developer posts in the past couple weeks... hopefully this trend continues.

Play-as-a-Monster Development Status

Hello!

Regarding some new info on Play-as-a-Monster, I received this from the person responsible for its UI:

Hello! It's Iwagami again, in charge of the Play-as-a-Monster system.

Sorry to have kept you waiting! Please let me give you a bit of a follow up on the system.

For battle after transforming into a monster:

While you are transformed into a monster, different special abilities will be available depending on the type of monster. Right now, we're setting the TP value required for each different skill. When you transform into a monster, set amounts of TP will be consumed as you use each special ability.

The goal of this change, when the TP has been accumulated to 300, is:
    *You can use three special abilities that cost 100 TP.
    *You can use one special ability that costs 300 TP.
    *You can use two special abilities that cost 50 TP and two that cost 100 TP.

I want to allow choices like this to be available.

Something like these images above, so you can fight while keeping in mind the TP consumption for each available technique.

About the menu:

In the play-as-a-monster system, we're going to add a totally new dedicated menu item to the UI. Within this menu, you'll find your current knowledge of different enemy species and your available options to transform. You'll also be able to change settings for playing as monsters. For the exact contents of this menu, please hold on a bit longer. I will provide this as soon as we have more information to share.

Thank you!

When we talk about the new menu and dedicated UI, we will have a lot of detail including plenty of images, so please look forward to that. As a side note, today I was able to transform into a Crab monster... they have MP!

*Note that specifications and images above are from content under development and may be subject to change.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

About the Orchestrion

I got the Orchestrion in the event going on right now. When I go out and back into the mog house and re-enter it, the song that I specified last time isn't stored.
    Because of the unique specifications of the mog house at present, we have to reset the song to the default when you return to the mog house. Compared to the random playback of the Spinet, it would actually be quite a difficult task to keep the previous information stored. Although it might be unlikely, we'd like to consider it a little more.

After obtaining the Orchestrion from crafting, there aren't many additional songs it adds. In fact, it only adds one ("Vana'diel March"). Since I assume the NPCs who provide the sheet music items will be gone after the event, I was hoping you would add additional sheet music to the game.
    We started with only a few songs and we do plan to increase this amount in th future by adding new key items. As far as how to get them... we may do future events or quests, sell them in shops, etc., and we plan to make it fun to collect them and to add a nice variety of songs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Merry Christmas everyone! Couple translations from SE JP side since things don't really close down for Christmas there.

First, the PS2 issue seems to be a big deal. Apparently there have been PS2 play problems since the last version update, Fujito started a new urgent thread asking people to post whatever issues they're having on PS2 and the circumstances surrounding them.

Second, a post about trading ancient (Dynamis) currency. They're planning on getting this integrated before Seekers of Adoulin, possibly as soon as the next update which adds the Meeble Burrows additions if they can finish the testing and verification quickly enough (MB expansion is supposed to be next month). The quick version is that after the change you will only receive those items that you can buy with ancient currency if you trade the exact required quantity of required currency. If you don't trade the exact amount, nothing will happen, and if you trade more than one type of currency (e.g. bronze and silverpieces) nothing will happen. Good change, long overdue.

Last, about the Mog Bonanza. They had their legal teams in each region working on the issues around the Mog Bonanza to get it resolved. They're happy to announce that they've come to a settlement on this and will be able to resume hosting the Bonanzas with the next one scheduled for either late January or February. Usual suspects will be around including Cat's Eye, AA weapons, etc. (they asked for recommendations, too), and obviously more details will be announced as it gets closer. Feel free to go blow up this thread with your English moonspeak if you want to post some recommendations.

Again, Merry Christmas, enjoy the holiday!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast