Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Magic Pot Mount (2016/9/6)

Been waiting for this...where's it gone?
    We're hoping to get the Magic Pot mount into the players' hands within the year! Please be patient just a bit longer.

Monster Rearing Items (2016/9/7)

It's annoying that many of these items are Rare/EX, especially if I'm raising many similar monsters. Are there any plans on changing this?
    We'll look into removing the Rare/EX tags on some of the items obtained from Monster Rearing. Please give us some time to discuss the issue.

Gold Chest Furnishing (2016/9/9)

In addition to the wooden, standard, and blue treasure chests, are there any plans on adding a furnishing for the golden or large golden boxes found in areas like Abyssea?
    We'll discuss adding this. Thank you for your feedback.

Storage Slips (2016/9/9)

Adding the function for knowing which slip to put items into is great. But is it possible for you guys to add a function to let us know what we already have stored?
    Adding a feature like this would be very difficult. The information of which items the player has stored is only accessed when the player trades the Storage Slip to the Moogle. Because of this, the steps needed to confirm which items the player has would be no simpler than just trading the item with the Storage Slip to know if the item is already stored. We hope the players understand the difficulty in implementing such a change.

Walk of Echoes (2016/9/12)

We'd like to explain the changes made to Walk of Echoes in the 9/6 update. In this update, the "Coin of XXXXX" items obtained after clearing a walk have been changed so that they will always be rewarded as Frayed Sacks. The same has been done for the items "Devious Die" and "Liminal Residue". Through this, Empyrean Weapon Skills should be much easier to access now!

Players who have not yet learned these skills, we recommend you take advantage of any Surge Walk Campaigns!

Punch Bug (2016/9/13)

I need this item to advance the story, but I've spent a great deal of time farming. Can you tell us what enemies drop these items, exactly?
    The only monsters which drop these items are as follows:

Beadeaux [S]:
    -Ancient Quadav
    -Vajra Quadav
    -Gold Quadav

Pashhow Mashlands [S]:
    -Ancient Quadav
    -Vajra Quadav
    -Lou Carcolh

The trait "Treasure Hunter" affects these drops, so we would recommend trying it out if you are having trouble with the drop!

Crafting Kit 55/60 (2016/9/14)

We can't send or auction these. It's really inconvienent. I don't really think these items would affect the economy much.
    We don't wish for players to be able to give these items to other players. Since these don't cost many points, we also don't wish for players to create new characters so they could pass more of these items around or even sell them. In such a case, we would need to increase how many login points they cost. We hope for your understanding in this matter.

As for obtaining more in the future, we are making plans to make them available, so we hope you can wait for that.

Cursna (2016/9/14)

In the past, we had made posts regarding the effectiveness of the spell Cursna. However, some of that information was inaccurate, so we wish to correct the record.

The success rate of the spell varies with Healing Magic Skill, and at 500 skill, it has a 26% chance of removing the status effect. It should be noted that there is no cap on how much Healing Magic Skill can affect the spell.

Equipment that increase the effects of Cursna will multiply with the base removal rate rather than simply adding to the percentage value. This effect is 1% for every +1 effect on equipment. With this, it is possible to raise the removal rate to 100%.

The more you boost the effect, the more effective the spell will be. We hope players take advantage of this!

Corsair Shields (2016/9/15)

I'm stuck using Legion Scutum if I want a shield. Are there any plans on adding a IL shield for Corsair? It would be nice to have different kinds of shields as well, one for shooting, one for supporting or healing etc.
    Corsair is able to equip a few shields, however these shields were always exceptions, usually labelled with "All Jobs" and not designed with Corsair in-mind. This includes the aforementioned Legion Scutum. The lack of curing equipment for Corsair is also for similar reasons. Curing was never really intended as one of the functions of Corsair, so adding curing equipment with Corsair in-mind is not really something we generally do.

We hope for your understanding in this matter.

Artifact Reforging (2016/9/21)

The team would like to say a couple words about artifact reforging, a trending topic on this forum.

We recently resolved an issue with the artifact reforging quest given by Monisette in Port Jeuno.

The original prerequisites to receive this quest included progression up through the mission Garden of Antiquity in the Chains of Promathia storyline, but we had discovered that it was possible to undertake the quest under certain circumstances even if the prerequisites were not met.

As of this version update, players are no longer be able to reforge these items without meeting the proper requirements. If you find yourself unable to continue reforging your artifact equipment due to this change, please don't worry. You will be able to continue after completing the aforementioned mission.

Ambuscade Vouchers (2016/9/26)

As suggested by the item description, these Vouchers will only be used to exchange for the five sets which were previously obtainable from Ambuscade. They will not be changed to redeem other equipment in the future. For players who have already obtained these sets, these vouchers have no use. We hope players can understand this.

Tavnazian Safehold Home Point (2016/9/27)

Can we get another one down in the lower level near the Battlefield entrance?
    We will discuss this. However, because certain quests progress based on the player's location, we may need to "wash out" the flags for these quests before we can make this change. It may take some time, so please understand.

Pomodoro Sauce (2016/9/28)

Misareaux Parsley is a pretty big bottleneck to create this item. Are there any plans to change this?
    We under the issue, and we are discussing adding it to NPC vendors.

It should be noted that Misareaux Parsley is available from Misareaux Coast via Chocobo Digging- we're planning on adding more ways to make the item easier to access, so please look forward to that!

Survival Guides (2016/10/3)

We would like to answer some questions we have been receiving regarding Survival Guides.

Can New Survival Guides be added?
    It is possible, but we should note that there is an upper limit to them.

Will you be adding any to Adoulin Areas?
    At this time, we have no plans for this, since movement around Adoulin areas is already possible via Waypoints. Furthermore, if we were to try adding Survival Guides to every area of Adoulin, it is likely we would exceed the limit mentioned above.

How about just the city itself?
    This should be possible. We will try to gather opinions on where in the city players would like the Survival Guide. However, it is likely we’ll be dismissing suggestions to put it in high-density areas, such as in front of the Mog House. We hope players will understand this decision.

/lockstyle and Throwing Weapons (2016/10/4)

Is it intended that changing the Ammo slot may cause the character to blink, even with lockstyle? This is especially an issue with Ninja.
    Players blinking when swapping out certain throwing items is intentional. Items that occupy the throwing slot are separated into two kinds, those that can be thrown and those that can’t. It is the same as swapping between different weapon types, like a dagger for a sword. To fix this issue, we would need to change the non-throwing ammo items themselves, which would create a risk of players accidentally throwing these items.

Condemners (2016/10/5)

My Condemners are augmented with Pet: DEX+9 Acc+14 RAcc+14. Does this mean I get Racc +28?
    In your case, your pet will receive +14 Ranged Accuracy. The special case of Pet: Accuracy+ we have mentioned before for Condemners only applies when Ranged Accuracy is not otherwise mentioned.

This is really confusing. Can’t you fix them so that it’s consistent?
    This inconsistently mostly came as a result of the introduction of the Puppetmaster Job. Before that, pets which used Ranged Accuracy did not exist. If we were to fix these inconsistencies, we would like to do them all in a single patch rather than piece-by-piece. This is considered low-priority when compared to things like Battle Content, however.

For newer equipment, we will be using Pet: Accuracy/R. Accuracy as appropriate to avoid confusion.

Object Refresh (2016/10/11)

Sometimes in areas like Escha, objects will not appear. Can you add a text command which allows us to refresh objects on our screen without needing to move away and back?
    The text commend in question would be quite difficult to implement. Instead, we would like to try adding a way for certain objects to be drawn on-screen easier. This may take some time to develop and implement, so we hope for your patience in this matter.

New Ambuscade Armor (2016/10/12)

We thank the players for their feedback on the new Ambuscade armor, and we would like to comment on their stats. So far, the new equipment we have added take their graphics from the content “Salvage”and “Nyzul Isle Investigation”. However, the intent was not for these items to be renewed versions of these armors. These armors should be thought of as all-new armors, and the job selection and the related stats will reflect that.

Capacity Point Campaign (2016/10/13)

CAP CAMPAIGN WHEN
    As we promised in the 28th Freshly-Picked Vana’Diel, we are planning for a “Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign” in November.

We hope players can wait just a bit longer.

Mnejing (2016/10/18)

Is Mnejing blocking a new feature? Wouldn't that just be a bug fix?
    Trusts are designed to have the same basic abilities as players. This time, we have patched the game so that Mnejing is equipped with the attachment “Barrier Module”, which allows him to use a shield. We hope this lets players think of him as an equal to the other Trust tanks!

Trust Convert (2016/10/18)

I would like to see a quote in the chat log when Trusts like Koru-Moru and Apururu are preparing to use Convert.
    We looked into this possibility, and we found that the current settings would only allow us to add in a chat log message at the moment Convert is used. We are not sure if this would actually be useful, so we would like to hear from the players.

Past Chocobo (2016/10/21)

Mounts are great, but somehow I feel the lack of chocobos is strange. As such…

I would like an option for the armored Chocobos of the Crystal War! They not only look cool, but they make great lore sense.

Naturally, I’d like to hear the Chocobo theme when using these.
    We had actually investigated the possibility for these at one point, but we realized that the armored chocobos were specially modelled, and as such there were certain motions that they could not perform.

We understand that players would be really excited to ride these, but at the moment, system limitations make this difficult to realize. We hope for your understanding.

Unlearned Blue Magic (2016/10/21)

Can you add a function that lets us know what blue magic spells we haven’t learned yet?
    This would be very difficult to implement in the game, but we can provide a list of all the available Blue Magic Spells on the Forum.

Login Campaigns (2016/11/02)

I feel like the login point items, especially in the 100-500 range, are not that great lately. I don’t expect anything amazing, but I figure some consumables might be nice. We can’t just raise our craft skills forever.
    I want to explain the items chosen for login campaigns a bit.

First, the 500-point items are set with the intention that they are the special prize of the month. We limit this category because these items may be only available a limited time. To that end, we want to not oversaturate the category so that players don’t feel obligated to spend all their points here instead of in other categories.

For 100 and 300-point items, we carefully consider what we make available, mainly because they are accessible to freshly-made characters. We would prefer to not make available items which can be sold for gil through shops and the auction house.

November has some new items in the 10-point category, and we will continue looking into adding different items for login campaigns.

Limbus Trusts (2016/11/04)

Please make Trusts available in Limbus. It’s not content which people group up for anymore.
    We cannot address this request at this time. Our priority for making Trusts available is as follows:

1. Main Story battlefields
    2. Quests important to character growth, such as level cap quests and contents used to improve iLevel
    3. Artifact and other such popular quests

Content that falls outside these categories will need to be worked in while weighed against other adjustments. We organize our prioriies at the end of the year, so we hope players can understand our reasoning.

Samba Bonuses (2016/11/04)

When Maxixi Tiara +1 and Senuna’s Mantle are used together, the mantle’s bonus does not seem to apply to Haste Samba. Is this intended?
    When originally implemented, our combat balance led us to set an upper cap of +45 on Samba Duration.

We plan on reviewing this setting, and will look into whether this cap can be adjusted. We just need to clear any system and balance issues before we report back to you.

Macro Books (2016/11/07)

[Note: I’m bad with tech stuff so this translation is kinda spotty. Sorry.]

Adjusting the number of Macro Books and Equipment sets may be very difficult at this time, especially on the menu side. Because the backup is stored on Playonline, we run in many problem trying to expand the storage frame. In order to solve this issue, we would need to rewrite deeper parts of the game’s system.

We hope players understand our difficulty in solving this issue.

/recast (2016/11/08)

Can you guys make it so we can display /recast in chat channels?
    If I am understanding you correctly, you are asking for the ability to report your recasts to other players. Although this is technically possible, we should note that there is a high possibility that the exact number in seconds would not be able to be displayed.

This may make the function less useful in practice, so we would like to know how much demand there is for such a function.

Summoner (2016/11/10)

I’ve been testing Flaming Crush since the patch and I feel like it’s actually weaker than before. What’s up?
    Flaming Crush’s only adjustment has been to TP’s influence on accuracy. It should be noted that Flaming Crush has a unique method behind its damage calculation. After the physical damage has been calculated, it goes through a fire-elemental adjustment. This adjustment may be resisted, so that may lead to variable damage.

How does this adjustment affect the damage in comparison to how it was before?
    At 0 TP, they will have the same performance as they did before the patch. The TP adjustments are pure bonuses.

Players can only crit with critical Weapon Skills, but how do Avatar skills work?

Before this patch, they would occur.
    Criticals occur on attacking Blood Pacts regardless of the type of TP correction.

We thank players for continuing to report on their findings after the patch. We have already announced this before, but Blessing effects disappear from after patches, so this may need to be factored into any damage differences players are seeing. We also wish to note that because we have attempted to average out the damage of multi-hit Blood Pacts, when testing on very low level enemies, players may see lower numbers than before due to a weakened first hit. (Against monsters which can take all hits, players will notice an overall improvement)

If players still feel there are issues with the performance of Blood Pacts, we would appreciate continued feedback.

Temprix (2016/11/22)

Can you make it so that we can’t start on another Aeonic quest for one we already own, especially for the case of Paladins and Rangers, who have multiple options?
    If we made this change, players would be unable, for example, to embark on the quest a second time if they had accidentally thrown away their first item.

We should also note that while it is possible for us to make the game check if the player already holds a certain item, the Aeonic weapon quest would require us to multiple different items for each different quest. This would actually put a very high strain on the servers, to the point where we cannot be sure if it would cause unexpected server malfunctions.

For these reasons, we would consider this adjustment very difficult to do at this time. We hope you understand.

Magic Pot Mount (2016/11/22)

Where’s the Magic Pot Mount?
    We’re still making adjustments, but we think we should be able to deliver it to the players’ hands quite soon!

Renewing Old Content (2016/11/24)

Can you guys think of something to do with seal battlefields, ENMs, ISNMs etc? It’s boring seeing only high-tier battlefields and Geas Fete shouts.
    It would be difficult to make new battlefields, but we are planning some new campaigns for certain battlefields! It make take some time before it shows up, but we hope players can stay patient until then.

Jubilee Shirt (2016/11/24)

Can you explain the effects of the Jubilee Shirt?
    If wearing this item at the time of feeding a monster, it will increase the growth rate. However, it should be noted that this effect does not take place if the Monster is being raised under the “Enjoying the Moment” style. It also does not affect the Monster’s change rate in any way- it is purely a way to raise monsters faster.

Animator (2016/11/25)

Can you add accuracy for the Master onto Animators?
    We understand there is concern that a lack of master stats on Animators may contribute to a widening gap between the Puppetmaster and other jobs. When designing the iLevel animators, we had to place a great deal of automaton-related stats onto the items. If we added stats for the master onto these items, it would have been necessary to delete some of the automaton-related stats on them. Between master and automaton stats, we decided on the latter.

Artifact Reforges (2016/11/29)

I don’t think this is very likely but…
    -Random Augments and
    -Not being able to store them as a result
    Are things I would really love to not see.
    Both the +2 and +3 Level 119 Artifact items to be implemented will be storable via Storage Slips. Please make good use of it!

Will they be the same, or separate Slips?
    The +2/+3 level 119 Artifacts will each have their own Storage Slips.

There is a limit to how many items can be placed in a Storage Slip. One that stores both +2/+3 Artifacts would exceed this limit.

We understand this might stress the players’ inventories, but we hope for your understanding.

Ambuscade Vouchers (2016/12/1)

I just reactivated my account. I was wondering if you could make Ambuscade Vouchers more accessible?
    We'll be bringing the gear vouchers back soon as a permanent reward option! We're hoping to add this in the version update to follow the December version update.

Indi Spells (2016/12/1)

Do you think you could add an icon and timer for these spells?
    As a quality-of-life improvement, we will be making it so the icons for Indicolure-type spells display the remaining effect duration.
    We'll also be adding this feature for enfeebling-type Indicolure spells as well.
    I'll update you all once there is a time frame for implementation!

Attuner/Target Marker (2016/12/2)

We have received a couple questions regarding these attachments. We can confirm that while these items are not reflected by the /checkparam command, they are functioning properly. Since these attachments have their effects vary with the target, it cannot be reflected by /checkparam, which displays static status changes.

Bard (2016/12/6)

We thank the players for their feedback regarding this job. We would like to describe our plans moving forward.

We are looking increase the effects of songs via equipment. To this end, we’re thinking of adding equipment that gives the stat “All Songs+” in places other than the Instrument slot. We might need some time, but we think we should be able to implement this idea sometime early next year.

Vanity Gear Hidden Effects (2016/12/8)

The items “Straw Hat”, “Overalls”, “Work Gloves”, and “Thatch Boots” have no hidden effects. They are purely meant as vanity options. We hope players will use them not only when working in the Mog Gardens, but also to create various different scenes!

Trust Haste (2016/12/13)

Hello~!!

We brought this up with the development team, and while I can’t inform you of the time frame or haste values at the moment,
    they are going to look into adding gear haste to trusts.

Thanks for your feedback!

Inundation (2016/12/13)

Inundated by how Inundation works?

I’ve seen data based on player testing, and I can verify that the 1.2x increase per weapon type used in the skillchain is indeed accurate. Including pets, there are 15 total types of weapons, which means that the maximum value that can be reached with Inundation is a 12.8x increase.

Vagary Spawning Bug (2016/12/16)

The development team has determined that there is a bug with how the monsters function when creating skillchains with Immanence, and they are currently working on a fix.
    I don't have an exact schedule of when the fix will be implemented, but I will keep you all posted!

Abdhaljs Seal (2016/12/19)

When you time out in Ambuscade, the effects of this item wear off. Is this intentional?
    We will look into changing it so that this effect is not lost when you are ejected from the battlefield due to timing out.

As for why the settings are the way they are currently, it’s because when we first created the system, we actually intended for players to lose the effect whether they won, were KO’d or left the battlefield following failure. We had decided that the second case would result in too many wasted seals, so we decided to make that an exception without considering the last case.

We will report back to you when we have a solid date on when we can implement this change. Thank you for your feedback.

Vagary Bug (2016/12/20)

Apologies for the delayed follow-up, but this issue has been fixed in the emergency maintenance that occurred the other day. Good luck with your Vagary endeavors, and we apologize for the inconvenience while it was being fixed.

Omen (2016/12/21)

We thank the players for their feedback on the new battle content. We will be lengthening the time allowed for players to finish goals per your feedback. We’ll work to bring this update to you as quickly as we can, so we hope players can stay patient until then.

Omen (2017/1/4)

Greetings, everyone, and also Happy New Year!

The development team has been holding discussions about all of the feedback we’ve been receiving since the implementation of Omen, and they are in the process of tackling various adjustments one by one. Amongst them, they are looking at adjusting certain special abilities as well as supplementing and widening the content so that it’s more than just boss battles.

While it may take a bit of time for these adjustments to be implemented, we’ll keep an eye on all the feedback and update you when there is more information to share.

Chat Log for Treasure Hunter and Immunobreak (2017/1/4)

Typically when playing a healer class, players will toggle damage so that it shows up on-screen only. However this causes TH increases and Immunobreaks to also disappear. Can you add a separate option for this?
    Because the two effects in question are treated as additional effects of the attack/magic action performed, their display is also reliant on displaying the action which causes them. While it is technically possible for us to separate these two effects in the chat log, this would take a considerable amount of time in adjusting some basic aspects of the system.

As we wish to prioritize monthly updates over this, it may be difficult for us to respond to this request. We hope you can understand.

Bard (2017/1/6)

Greetings,

There are a couple of plans in the pipeline that the development team is working on for bard.
    Right now they are looking into adding new gear that has the “All songs +” property so that song effects can become more powerful through slots other than just instruments. They are aiming to implement this as soon as possible, but as an adjustment to precede this, they have also decided to increase the effect values of certain songs. The team will need a bit of time to get everything ready, but we’ll keep you posted once there is more information.

RMEA Shurikens (2017/1/7)

Thanks for the suggestion about adding special shurikens.

While this is definitely an interesting idea, the development team does not have any plans to introduce something like this. Since ninjas are able to boost their damage output through Daken, it would result in a direct damage boost on top of what katanas are already capable of. In the event that we were to introduce RMEA shurikens, we would have to lower the stats on katanas to balance everything properly, and we feel that this is not a desirable change.

Voidwatch Materials for Relic Reforging (2017/1/7)

Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback about the materials needed from Voidwatch to upgrade relic armor to item level 119.

To start, I’d like to share the development team’s thought process about item drops from battle content. Essentially, obtaining rewards is split into two different categories: shared rewards that you lot on with other party members and personal loot drops. Voidwatch, as many of you are all aware, falls into the latter category. In the former situation, you could be lotting against 17 other people when an item drops, and personal rewards have been balanced the way they are at the moment since you do not need to worry about losing the item because of a roll. There is also a possibility that all members of an alliance can obtain the same item at the same time. Therefore, increasing the drop rate of these materials could potentially flood the market.

Considering the stats on the upgraded relic gear, the development team feels there is proper balance and think that addressing the drop rates directly would be difficult to accomplish without disturbing this balance.

With that said, however, they have made Voidwatch much more accessible for solo players/low-man groups and removed a lot of the hurdles for participating in this content. While many players have chosen to focus on Voidwatch only during campaign periods due to the light alignment boosts, it’s possible to farm these materials by using just a single cell, and we encourage you to use these if you are finding that there are no materials on the auction house.

Enfeebling Magic (2017/1/10)

Greetings.

We are currently looking into making a comprehensive adjustment to monster stats in response to feedback concerning enfeebling and enhancing magic. We’re still conducting surveys and verification, so please stay tuned for details.

Frazzle (2017/1/11)

We have received a few questions regarding the spell Frazzle. Enemies have separate stats for resisting status ailments and resisting elements. The former refers to traits such as “Resist Blind”, and the latter includes the resistance of spells such as Frazzle.

A monster with high darkness resistance may be able to be hit with Blind if it has little Resist Blind, but may still resist Frazzle. This is intended by design.

This is a surprise to me. Does this mean even if we raise our Darkness resistance to 999, it won’t make a difference in resisting Sleep or Blind? Does that mean we should stop casting Barblizzara when we’re trying to avoid Paralyze? Or is this just the settings meant for monsters?
    As you mentioned, these are the settings used when determining how player spells affect monsters. For players, both the elemental resistance and the ailment resistance is considered when status ailments are cast on them. Thus, equipment with elemental resistances and the various Bar- spells from White Mages all contribute to resisting status ailments.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Farewell, adventurers!
    Dear adventurers,

It’s been nearly eight years since I began my adventures with Square Enix, and the journey has been filled with quests of memorable experiences that have taught me a great deal and shaped me into the person that I have become today. The next quest in my life is now upon me, but unfortunately the path for this one leads me away from Square Enix and into new opportunities, and it is here that I must say my farewells to the community as a member of the North American community team.

Both FFXI and FFXIV hold a special place in my heart, and I’m hoping that throughout my years on the community team my passion for these games has been clearly conveyed. I’d like to say thank you to everyone in the community for giving me the opportunity to share this passion and be part of something amazing.

Though I leave you all as a community team member, I will once again be returning to the community I came from as a fellow player. There’s tons of excitement to look forward to from here on out, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world!

See you in Vana’diel!

Omen (2017/1/18)

We thank the players for their feedback on "Omen". We have decided on the following adjustments to the enemy ability "Pain Sync":

1. Stop continuous use
    After using this ability, the next ability will be chosen from a list not containing "Pain Sync". With this, players may strategize when to attack the enemy. Furthermore, we will adjust the rates of skill usage so the ability "Winds of Promy." will be used more often.

2. Reduce damage dealt
    Currently the ability does 100% damage. We are thinking of changing it to be about 40% instead.

3. Decrease overall use rate
    When monsters are below a certain HP threshold, they increase ability use. We will lower this threshold. We will also be adjusting the Regain effect on the monster.

In addition to all these adjustments, we are considering lowering the maximum HP of the Notorious Monster "Glassy Thinker".

Fire in the Hole (2017/1/18)

Adelheid dies quite easily in this Past Bastok Quest. Do you think you can adjust this?
    We will look into adjusting this quest so that Adelheid will not fall in battle as easily.

Omen (2017/1/20)

Hello, everyone!

I have some additional information about adjustments to Omen.

When your aim for your Omen run is only to acquire job cards, the mid-boss can be a wall that certain parties cannot overcome, and we are aware of the hurdle that this has become. In order to alleviate this, we will be adding a new route option where there will be no mid-boss or final boss. This route can be selected when you go to warp to the third area.

This new route will yield the same amount of job cards as if you cleared all the way through the final boss. With this new route, you’ll now be able to customize to your objective more easily by selecting either a job card farming route or one where you can encounter the mid-boss and final boss.

We'll keep you updated on progress and when this will be implemented.

Automaton Skill Books (2017/1/21)

Hello, everyone.

While we understand how great it would be to have automaton skill books, it would not be so cut and dry as the other books that are available. For these books to work as they should, information needs to be taken from the automaton, which means that you would need to have your automaton out in order to use these books. This would be inconvenient as you would be unable to use them on the spot like you can with the current skill books.

Regarding food, it's actually quite difficult to apply these kind of effects to your automaton buddy.
    Instead, we've implemented the Percolator attachment that allows the following: "Functionality: Increases skill gain rate." The Percolator has extremely high stats compared to food so we highly recommend using this automaton attachment.

We hope this helps and we encourage more feedback concerning this topic about our automaton friends.

Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign (2017/1/23)

This campaign provides extra drops from the content Geas Fete while participating in Domain Invasion. This varies by area. In Escha-Zitah, “Eschite Ore”, in Escha-Ru’Aun, “Job Specific Weapons”, and in Reisenjima, “Various Reisenjima Equipment” may be obtained.

Restoring 119 Abjurations (2017/1/24)

Can we revert IL119 abjuration equipment back to its cursed state, like we can with the others?
    The IL119 cursed equipment cannot be reverted once uncursed. We created the exception for the equipment from earlier levels due to those items being used as ingredients in higher level crafting.

Map Markers (2016/1/26)

Is there an upper limit to the number of map markers we can have? Will the ones I made earlier disappear if I make too many in another map?
    There is a limit for each map, but there is no overall limit. The data for each map is managed seperately, so there is no need for concern. However, this data is stored locally, so if you log in from a different environment, whether it be a different computer or a reinstall, you must reload saved data from the server to restore these markers.

Sword Strap (2016/1/27)

How are the delay reductions on itesm like this considered? Is it separate from equipment and magic haste?
    The delay reduction on items like this are different from the “Haste” property, as they reduce the base delay value, and thus may decrease TP gain, similar to the Job Traits “Martial Arts” and “Dual Wield”. It is counted separtely from equipment and magic haste, and can be applied even when these values are capped.

Combat Balance (2017/1/31)

We would like to explain our plans for adjusting combat balance moving forward.

First, as we informed you some time back, we plan on adjusting enfeebling magic, songs, and geomancy due to an imbalance between them. We wish to try our best to equalize these options. In this regard, Geomancy was displaying certain unintended effects, so we plan on lowering it to the intended value.

Of course, that will affect the tactics used by players, which largely center around Geomancy at the moment, so players may ask if certain monsters will become impossible from this adjustment. We are closely monitoring this balance, and in the next version update, we will be adjusting monsters and lowering certain stats. Both attack and defense will be considered in these adjustments, so after applying the adjusted buffs or debuffs, we don’t believe the situation will change much from where it is right now.

As for the spells “Frazzle” and “Distract”, we plan on increasing the duration of their effects to 5 minutes, and increasing the base potency of "Frazzle III" and "Distract III". With this adjustment, even when half-resisted, it is possible it will result in a duration longer than what an unresisted spell will currently do (The potency is not affected even during half or quarter resists).

Monsters will have reduced magic evasion as well, and we will try not to add too many monsters in the future with high darkness resistance (though we won’t say there won’t be any darkness-aligned monsters at all). This also applies to the new “Ambuscade” content in February, so we hope players try it out there.

-----

Hello, Fujito here. I feel I also need to explain a bit regarding Geomancy.

What happened to Geomancy spells?

In the past, we had publicized a list of specific numbers for the effects of Geomancy spells. These numbers had had some adjustments since it was first posted, but the list is currently up-to-date for most of the spells.

The exceptions here are spells related to magic accuracy and evasion. The listed values in the post are correct, but when calculating the effects of the spells in-game, we discovered that they were larger than intended due to an error in how the values were calculated.

This magnification of the spell effects would not be highly noticeable during normal use, but when combined with Geomancy abilities and equipment, this difference would be multiplied, causing a large increase from the intended effect.

In essence, our adjustments to Geomancy are intended as a bug fix.

The above issues should have been something we discovered when we first implemented Geomancy. We are deeply apologetic to the players that we have delayed for so long in recognizing this.

The Adjustment Plan

Of course, adjusting it now raises the concern that enemies will become too strong, so naturally we will also be adjusting monsters. Specifically, since magic accuracy/evasion was the issue, these stats will be adjusted, as well as related parameters (combat skills/resistance values etc). In short, monsters will become less resistant overall.

This adjustment will be applied to all areas and monsters that were added since the introduction of Geomancy in the expansion “Seekers of Adoulin”.

This will also affect other support jobs, and we are also proceeding with adjustments to a Red Mage’s enfeebling spells as well as Bard’s song effects. We are planning a more detailed explanation in the future, so we hope you stay tuned.

For now, we have explained why we are adjusting Geomancy and its related effects. We apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Bard Songs (2017/2/1)

As we informed players in the past, we are planning on adding new equipment with the attribute “All Songs+”, and it is scheduled for the next update. We are also simultaneously adjusting the effects of “Song+” properties. Specifically, we are going to standardize its effect by making the effect “+10%”. The affected songs are as follows:

Minne/Minuet/Madrigal/Prelude/Mambo/March(Honor included)

We will also be raising the skill and effect cap for these songs.
    The property “Song+” will also now affect the “Carol” songs.

We believe this adjustment will increase the performance of songs all around. Please be sure to try it out.

Trusts (2017/2/2)

Did you add snapshot to Trusts?
    Trusts do not possess the Trait “Snapshot+”. We added the “Haste+” property to Trusts when wearing ilevel equipment to allow them to match up with the standard “Haste+” effects present on such equipment. Since “Snapshot+” is not a standard stat on these items, there are no plans on adding it to Trusts.

Black Chocobo Suit (2016/2/3)

I’ve been trying this item out, but I feel as though the amount of normal items I get have gone down. Is this a hidden effect? If so, it feels like using the Blue Race Silks would be the better option.
    Indeed, the Black Chocobo Suit increases the chance of obtaining rare items in exchange for reducing the probability for items that are more easy to find. It is useful if the player wishes to narrow down the items he wishes to dig up, so please make use of it as necessary.