1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Discontinued Achievments in AAR

As we transition from the game’s current version to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, existing game content will be undergoing a number of changes. This post will detail such changes coming to achievements, character histories, guild marks, replayable cutscenes, and the availability of the goobbue mount.
    Goobbue Mounts
    As previously announced, the goobbue horn, which is the item used to summon the goobbue mount, will no longer be obtainable as of the release of patch 1.23a.

Guild Marks
    All of your guild marks will be deleted upon logging into A Realm Reborn. For this reason, we urge you to visit the guilds and use your marks before that time. After release of A Realm Reborn, it will also no longer be possible to receive guild mark refunds for previously purchased abilities that have since been removed from the game.

Achievements
    The following achievements will become unavailable upon release of A Realm Reborn:

Battle
    La Noscea Big Game Hunter / Black Shroud Big Game Hunter / Thanalan Big Game Hunter / Coerthas Big Game Hunter / Mor Dhona Big Game Hunter / Shposhae Big Game Hunter / Bane of the Tribes / Notorious Monster Hunting / Had Me Some Fun / Most Adorable Death Ever / Where the Wind Blows

Quests
    Around the Realm and Back Again / I Survived Camp Bearded Rock / I Survived Cedarwood / I Survived Camp Skull Valley / I Survived Camp Bald Knoll / I Survived Camp Bloodshore / I Survived Cassiopeia Hollow / I Survived Camp Iron Lake / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: La Noscea / I Survived Camp Bentbranch / I Survived Humblehearth / I Survived Camp Nine Ivies / I Survived Camp Emerald Moss / I Survived Treespeak / I Survived the Mun-Tuy Cellars / I Survived Camp Tranquil / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: Black Shroud / I Survived Camp Black Brush / I Survived the Nanawa Mines / I Survived Camp Drybone / I Survived Halatali / I Survived Camp Horizon / I Survived Nophica's Wells / I Survived Camp Broken Water / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: Thanalan / Globetrotter / At the Realm's Behest / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bearded Rock / To Serve and Protect: Cedarwood / To Serve and Protect: Camp Skull Valley / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bald Knoll / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bloodshore / To Serve and Protect: Cassiopeia Hollow / To Serve and Protect: Camp Iron Lake / La Noscea Got Served...and Protected / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bentbranch / To Serve and Protect: Humblehearth / To Serve and Protect: Camp Nine Ivies / To Serve and Protect: Camp Emerald Moss / To Serve and Protect: Treespeak / To Serve and Protect: Mun--Tuy Cellars / To Serve and Protect: Camp Tranquil / The Black Shroud Got Served...and Protected / To Serve and Protect: Camp Black Brush / To Serve and Protect: Nanawa Silvermines / To Serve and Protect: Camp Drybone / To Serve and Protect: Halatali / To Serve and Protect: Camp Horizon / To Serve and Protect: Nophica's Wells / To Serve and Protect: Camp Broken Water / Thanalan Got Served...and Protected / Eorzea Got Served...and Protected

Seasonal Events
    It's Reining Deer / Beast from the East / Red Beast from the East / Gold Beast from the East / Black Beast from the East / Get All the Things! / Love Me Tender / B.F.F. / Did It All for the Glory of Love / Love Makes the World Go Round / Royal Audience / Eggsceptional Hunting / Eggstraordinary Hunting / Eggsemplary Hunting / Eggstreme Hunting / Eggstravagant Hunting / Seven Short of a Dozen / Cascadier Survivor / Stylish Cascadier / Dapper Cascadier / Classy Cascadier / Refined Cascadier / Clogging Along / Cascadier for Life / Once in a Lifetime / Chock-full of Elemental Goodness * Updated on 24/09/2012.

Dungeons
    One-upping the Antares / Kicking Sargas and Taking Names / Shaula We Dance? / Like a Batraal Out of Hell / Miser Neutralizer / Raiding the Vale / Breathless / Three Heads Are Better Than One / Making the Cut / Big Ants Don't Cry

Exploration
    Taking in the Sights: La Noscea / Taking in the Sights: Black Shroud / Taking in the Sights: Thanalan / Taking in the Sights: Coerthas / Taking in the Sights: Mor Dhona / Been There, Done That
    * Other achievements may undergo changes to their conditions or temporarily become unavailable upon release of A Realm Reborn.

Replayable Cutscenes
    As part of A Realm Reborn, the content of nearly all cinematic cutscenes will be reworked. This will result in significantly different viewing experiences for the same cutscene between the current version of the game and A Realm Reborn.

Character Histories
    In A Realm Reborn, the date on which an achievement is completed will be recorded as part of an in-game character history, which will be maintained in a manner different from current character histories on the Lodestone. We are also looking into ways to have the current character histories remain accessible on the Lodestone following release of A Realm Reborn.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

To sum it up, the only change is this:
    Once in a Lifetime / Chock-full of Elemental Goodness * Updated on 24/09/2012.
    It's easy to miss it and ask "Why are they reposting this shit?"

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With the rampant stupidity radiating from the official forums, I could understand them re-posting everything they announce 5 times over in attempts to keep the morons from crying foul.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LoL, got an e-mail last night saying i was susppended from OF. No fucks were given LMAO

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Discontinued Achievments in AAR

Yeah... I was wondering why this list looked identical to the last one lol

What did you do shep??

Probably used potty language and incited anger in other people through intentionally veiled phrases.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I dread to think how many times they will have to explain the re-denomination of gil before people finally understand what has happened. Their support team will be flooded with calls about "hacked" accounts. "Someone stole my gil wahh wahh!".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I dread to think how many times they will have to explain the re-denomination of gil before people finally understand what has happened. Their support team will be flooded with calls about "hacked" accounts. "Someone stole my gil wahh wahh!".
    That's assuming they're smart enough to remember how much they had before servers went down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ou, I think even an idiot would realize his 150m changed to 15m.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey everyone^^

I'm one of those players who started on release but stopped after the monthly fee was required. I've been waiting for 2.0. I spent most of my time crafting, aquiring a large number of mats and guild marks. I've been trying to find information on what exactly is being changed/lost on the way to 2.0.

I'm planning to reactiviate my account and take care of any important changes. If anyone can give me some help regarding what the most important changes are i'd appreciate it. I read that guild marks are an issue. Have many abilities been removed? New ones added? Also, should I worry about losing materials for crafting? In other words, can i use those materials after 2.0 is released? I don't want to resub and gather all month to learn my mats will be unusable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are you asking what changed already or what will change in ARR?

- Guild Marks have been removed from the game - you earn all the skills while leveling. If you have any left I think you can still exchange them for gil/items at an appropriate guild
    - The whole skill system has been revamped, basically every class has new or changed skills.
    - Crafting system has been revamped, there are new recipes now and some items are not usable anymore. But if you resub now and gather stuff there is no worry - the materials will still be usable in 2.0

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

For any items that are being removed in 2.0, they will be giving you the NPC gil value of the items.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What will change in ARR.

So it sounds like if I have a craft @50 I will have all the skills available in ARR. That makes me a little more relaxed and can simply spend those guild marks on various items. My biggest worry was if SE would delete my char if it wasn't active during this transition.

How are the servers being handled for ARR? Will all Legacy and returning players be on the same server? Or will we remain on our current servers?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

- No characters are being deleted. Just the ones inactive longer might be transferred later (although they might be able to transfer everyone during beta)
    - We don't have details how the servers will be handled. As they are introducing regional servers everyone will probably be able to choose what server they want to play when ARR arrives or we get a free transfer or something. That is aside of the servers being opened for new players, since transfer won't be possible to these. Although you probably quit before server merges so you might not know where you ended up right now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

When it comes to exchanging guildmarks Savage Might IV and Heaven's Eye IV materia are what you should buy. If you have marks left because you can't afford these don't make the mistake many do and convert to gil. Convert them to clusters, usually fire or earth sell best but it depends on your server. You'll get a lot more value for your money than direct gil conversion.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know you could exchange for materia. That certainly sounds like the way to go.

I checked lodestone and I was moved to Excalibur. I hope I can use the mergers to change my characters name. I was never happy with it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Another decent, though far less mark-to-gil efficient option, at least on my server (Ridill), is to buy INT IV materia (30k marks) with the marks that don't quite reach the level of Savage Might IV or Heaven's Eye IV (both 86k marks).

Clusters will, in theory, make you almost double the money than INT IV will, but INT IV will sell a lot faster. Considering you only have about one month left to move these items, that is an important distinction to make.

I had over 200k marks to blow after I had cut all my marks down to less than 86k per guild. That could have bought me 166+ clusters, or 6+ INT IV materia. I decided to split the difference. I purchased 3 INT IV, and the rest were clusters. I kept some clusters, but in the end I had about 100 clusters to sell, some of both Ice(~20) and Fire(~80). My INT IVs sold within days. My clusters are still selling, and to this day, I still have about 30 left. I purchased these clusters almost a full month ago. I could probably sell them faster, but I am holding firm on my 25k sell price, so I get undercut a lot. If you buy a ton and list them all up at once, you may find yourself being undercut and/or doing the undercutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujoji View Post
    I checked lodestone and I was moved to Excalibur. I hope I can use the mergers to change my characters name. I was never happy with it.
    You'll only be able to change your name if someone else already had it on the target server when the merge occurred. That said, you might be able to change your name when 2.0 hits. I don't think they've confirmed one way or the other on that, but it looks like a strong possibility.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I don't think they've confirmed one way or the other on that, but it looks like a strong possibility.
    Yeah, they never gave a definite answer to this. I think the only response was Yoshi-P saying "do you really think that's a good idea?" and while it might not be the best idea for a number of reasons (assholes/scammers), the fact that we're being allowed sex-changes should be reason enough to allow it.

We should all be able to look back on 1.0 like it was just a bad dream.

When are we getting the list of what items won't be obtainable in 2.0? Do people really care about achievements that much?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Excellent question.

We'll have the answer for you when they actually release that list, because it's been over a month since it was teased, and back then it was supposed to come out "soon".