BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    So annoying. I was trying this week to sell my Aluh Jambiya since I never use THF anymore. Past few days 2-3 of them were on AH for 1.5m and I posted mine for 1.4m and it never sold and was returned to me. Went to check AH just now and there's 18 Aluh Jambiyas on the AH going for 100k-1m. Is there a new dagger that's easy to get and surpasses it or are people speculating that the new dagger is easy to get sold they impulsively decided to sell their old shit.
    From what i saw, All the new daggers introduced this time around were pretty top tier Garbage. Like... Terrible.

I wish they'd make 1 glowy dagger that wasn't a shinning ballsack. Coruscanti came close, since then, It all went downhill. This latest dagger is by far the most horrendous thing I've ever laid my eyes on.

I mean, It was pointed out it could have some quasi-useful defensive purpose as THF/DNC in Dynamis, but, Truthfully, Its probably as hard to get as other Glow weapons, thusly, Not worth the tremendous effort.

Edit: However, Its probably because of this:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18828/oxossi-facon-1

which makes no sense, As its not a terrible dagger, But maybe Mandau has spoiled me... I still prefer my Aluh, accuracy willing. That and, Its crafted from some Material dropped off that Ape NM, so we wont even see it for weeks...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

9/24/12 Version Update - .DAT Mining Discussion

Someone fix NNI .dats lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I actually think it's something that may not be in the game yet. In addition to reference to "emblems of valiance" corresponding to each of the five ranks, there's also this line in the dialog tables:

The committee also sells certain key items to adventurers who've completed all expeditions in every rank!

Perhaps once you complete everything you can buy the key items from the boss battles so that it doesn't take 20+ days to access Umagrhk every time?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Both (and by both I mean both HQ versions) of the daggers I plugged into the DPS sheets fell short of STR Thokcha and Aluh. Why bother lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Both (and by both I mean both HQ versions) of the daggers I plugged into the DPS sheets fell short of STR Thokcha and Aluh. Why bother lol
    I imagine they would pull ahead when you're itching for the Accuracy.

Outside of that, As i said, I'll stick to my Aluh anyway. Plus, The average person is retarded.

Because of the stats on the Facon, it'll probably pull ahead for Exenterator spam assuming you have capped pDif...which doesn't really happen on THF all that often. =P

Though, even if you were a purely AH-geared THF or DNC, wouldn't you keep your Aluh anyway since you'd dual wield that along with a Facon?

I wish they'd make 1 glowy dagger that wasn't a shinning ballsack. Coruscanti came close, since then, It all went downhill. This latest dagger is by far the most horrendous thing I've ever laid my eyes on.
    I wish they'd make a glowy weapon of any class that wasn't shit. Thus far I'm pretty sure only the Murasamemaru is worth getting.

EDIT: Oh right, Sagasinger's really nice too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much.

Still, It looks badass, I wish it wasn't so terrible/Situational. Probably will really need that accuracy for the expansion... They're going to trick us all. I have a Meeble group, I'm probably going to stock up on Horns and make me a HQ, Just so i can have it ready for the Expansion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    They are split because each of them corresponds to one of the five ranks of Meeble Burrows missions. And you're missing the fifth rank (Researcher).
    Good catch. The 4 NPC lists Julian found are in a different ROM folder (ROM/281/80.DAT through ROM/281/83.DAT). The "Researcher" DAT is in ROM/286/102.DAT, in case anyone cares. The mobs can be seen here (can't post links yet):
    95.156.209.71/pub/ffxi/tmp/MBResearcherDAT.txt

Septimus edit: added link for you.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I actually think it's something that may not be in the game yet. In addition to reference to "emblems of valiance" corresponding to each of the five ranks, there's also this line in the dialog tables:

The committee also sells certain key items to adventurers who've completed all expeditions in every rank!

Perhaps once you complete everything you can buy the key items from the boss battles so that it doesn't take 20+ days to access Umagrhk every time?
    That or maybe the harness and new MP recovery body are purchasable only if you complete the entire content. Honestly, Meebles wouldn't be too bad if all you need to do is to complete all the trials to have access to the best items. Once you complete them all, you can then spam your fav expedition for points to save for them. Or, conversely, you can just buy the KIs for spamming the mega boss for these item drops.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To me it sounds like the "emblems of valiance" are the KIs you get for beating the bosses. There only key items not otherwise accounted for are the sheet music KIs, and those belong to the Orchestrion which looks like it is going to be a reward for a seasonal event. (Copy of Melodious Plans, Timbre Case Kit, and Musichinery Kit; just like Banquet Table Blueprint, Set of Banquet Table Fabric, and Set of Banquet Table Wood from the last Adventurer Appreciation and Comet Fragment, Puny Planet Kit, and Copy of Cosmic Designs from Summer Fest. I am guessing the Starlight Celebration 2012.)

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Apparently, the additional effect "Blink" dagger is actually copy image, and it has a decent proc rate. So, there's that.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Source on that?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So.... checking the dialog tables, these are the available categories of rewards you can purchase with Research Marks from the Meeble Burrows NPCs:

Dispensables.
    Adjunct rewards.
    Assistant rewards.
    Instructor rewards.
    Ast. Researcher rewards.
    Researcher rewards.
    Researcher Em. rewards.
    Total completion rewards.

...Total completion rewards? I don't think we saw that on the test server. Hmm....

I'm confused, though, because i thought that finishing the Researcher Emeritus expedition implies that you have totally completed Meeble Burrows (the only way to get access to that is to get the key items associated with each of the other five bosses, which means you had to have already finished each of the other five ranks).
    Maybe they plan to add more to it later?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Scratch that, Byrth had terrible choice of wording.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone know the sound file they use for meeble burrows

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it was an Utsusemi effect, I'd be all over that dagger for the times i THF/DNC in Dynamis solo, Blink, I mean, I'd still like to get it, But I'm not pulling my hair if it doesn't drop.

Though i will cut a mother f**ker in my group if they try to lot against me. <3

9/24/12 Version Update - .DAT Mining Discussion

Who's done the testing on that dagger?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nobody, the original post was Byrth saying that's what it would take for the dagger to be useful.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It wouldn't necessarily have to be copy image to be useful. Could be blink like aerial armor. Which could be pretty useful, depending on the number of shadows/proc rate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6