+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Altruistic Healing. Hammer applies protection on the third hit, can make it stack might and vigor on critical hits, the more buffs you apply to the party (and the more people hit by them) the more you are cured. You can basically rock 3k armor and -43% damage taken for any boss encounter, splash fields every 5s and allow all your melee hitters to also be in range and do more damage.

Stats would be a bit higher with 2 berserker rings and fractal backpiece. I use bloodlust on the sigil.
    Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    LFPs after this change are going to get more elitist which runs contrary to the game. I hope those difficulty nerfs are potent or you're gonna see 80 onry, exotics, kicks if you die once type runs.
    If the open world ever gets meaningful, snobs can enjoy being snobby amongst themselves. Right now, I'd say a fair glut of dungeon activity is due to the superiority of the practice, which translates to people doing it solely for that reason and not exactly the love of dungeons. In the end, if the pendulum winds up swinging too far the other way, they could look into removing this nerf. But I'd also be in there suggesting they add more WPs into dungeons to make the deaths that do happen less of a pain to recover from once combat's over.

Multiple phase change for the dungeons – first build – remove the idea of rez rushing (i.e. only way to beat some of the difficult encounters at the moment is to have dead players run back from nearby waypoints while players that are alive kite the mobs)
    what
    This is literally 100% wrong, WHAT? LOL. How does anyone think this? Did they just get the game yesterday? Only pugs or bad players need to res zerg stuff. Did a dev really say this? Did multiple devs say this? My god...

We are nerfing some of the encounters that are a bit more challenging
    No dungeon needs nerfed, simply bug fixes and MASSIVELY reduced HP. Every dungeon is a complete joke except COE and arah, and most dungeons/most bosses in the game suffer from "infinite hp" syndrome.

Same thing with dungeons – right now if you have a lot of AoE you can past encounters by just spamming AoE which is not what we want.
    I'm not sure how having to single target each mob down is massively more difficult than AOEing entire pulls(Or more fun, AOEing is tons more fun), but ok?

A lot of classes have 1-2 good builds while some have 5-6 builds , we want to bring up all the classes to 5-6 good and viable builds.
    Literally no class has 5-6 good viable builds, NONE, NOT A SINGLE ONE. Did devs say this? They don't play the game if so..

not being able to rez during combat in dungeons is fucking retarded. Shit like Lupicus is easy to get floored on by pure RNG factors. And if you can't run back that's just stupid as shit
    There is literally no RNG on that fight, it is pure a skill based fight. If you die, it's because you fucked up. Every attack he does is avoidable and he has long enough animations that you can see the attacks coming. It is probably the best designed fight in the entire game.

I'm confident now that I was 100% right when I said it was a fluke that this game released how it was(amazing and fun). They really don't know what they're doing AT ALL.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Don't worry, we're confident that your confidence equates to a fucking bum spraying muddy water on to our windshield.

Rez rushing has been a gigantic problem since day 1, and 1-2-2 is literally the only way Ive seen pugs clear things like Maggs wall in path 2 cof. Glad to see it go, as is everybody else. Fractals are so much better because of it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I tried to PUG Magg path once and got kicked for suggesting to do it without rez rushing after they couldn't even do that. I have no fucking clue how people can stomach playing like that. But at the same time I don't want them to nerf content in to the ground because bads are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Don't worry, we're confident that your confidence equates to a fucking bum spraying muddy water on to our windshield.

Rez rushing has been a gigantic problem since day 1, and 1-2-2 is literally the only way Ive seen pugs clear things like Maggs wall in path 2 cof. Glad to see it go, as is everybody else. Fractals are so much better because of it.
    I second this ^ Fractals did it right in that aspect.

Res zerging shouldn't exist, but nothing in this game REQUIRES it in order to beat something. That's the part I'm laughing at, the fact the devs seem to think that it's required for certain content.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Flame & Frost Prelude

Starts on January 28th.

I didn't think they were putting the new achievement rewards in until later, but I guess they moved them up or I read one of their posts wrong.

Definitely want a Quaggan backpack.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.
    Finally some cleric-based ascended gear.

So this update that's 2 months after the fractal update is adding only 1 new ascended item(amulets)? Some patch. lol..

It's the first part of the announcement i'm sure there's going to be more announced soon. Progress with the story is also a good thing.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yay new content! gogo Jormag

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1265016
    Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.
    So no Jormag. Who knows what we're getting at this point. Maybe they'll troll us with fire and ice based Karka.

BG Level

Hopefully at one point this leads to the Crystal Desert, been wanting to see that for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1265016

So no Jormag. Who knows what we're getting at this point. Maybe they'll troll us with fire and ice based Karka.
    I think it's going to be the story of the push into the Northern Shiverpeaks leading up to the fight against Jormag. It's been almost 6 months now, they need to make a little more story progress imo. If it were the original GW, we'd be getting factions at this stage so a little more story telling can't be that bad (unless its fucking karka).

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Hopefully at one point this leads to the Crystal Desert, been wanting to see that for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Both of these things are going to be saved for Boxed expansions. I do not see Anet releasing another "dragon"s content until we see an expansion. Which dragon that will be is definitely up in the air. Will it be Jormag and the north? Will it be Krallkatorik and the Crystal Desert? Or will it be the Destroyer and Western Maguuma?

BG Level

Probably. Kinda sucks to since I'd love to see more lore behind Destiny's Edge.

The book has their backstories and stuff. It's not very good.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ghosts of Ascalon was definitely the superior book. Duuno if the 3rd book has come out yet.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well if there's no dragons then this better be a George R.R. Martin homage or I'ma be pissed