+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Dailies aren't too bad, but some of these achievements I'm not a fan of. Like having to hunt down and revive 10 people
    you can revive npcs

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Now I just gotta remember a good area where NPCs drop like flies.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They did come out and announce the removal of the "Kill Combo" achievement until they can get it to work as intended. I managed to finish it after a long time and only by getting lucky.

5 Dailies for 2 pieces of rare or exotic 78-80 gear. So pretty much if you level up through dailies you could gear yourself out quickly. The best thing for the economy though is the Crafting bags. The Tier 6 bag is only 1 laurel like the rest, which could push down T6 mats a bit.
    You get 1 laurel per day? Do you get any from the monthly? That's over 3 months for 3 ascended items for ONE class/spec.

10 laurels per monthly, or so I've heard. Not counting January.

That's still over 2 months to get 1 class/spec in full ascended items @_@;;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some achievements are supposed to give laurels iirc. But Anet is still trying to figure out the details on that.

The new Orrian chests you can buy with karma supposedly have an ok chance at getting lodestones, so it seems like that help that market out a bit. So people who don't care about making a legendary can turn a ton of karma into gold. Which they can use to fill up a money bin and swim around in, because what else are you going to spend a ton of gold on besides a legendary?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't see the point in making ascended items so artificially time consuming to acquire, though I guess most forms of time consumption can be categorized as "artificial", so that doesn't make sense in retrospect. Rather, they shouldn't be so fucktarded to get.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    Some achievements are supposed to give laurels iirc. But Anet is still trying to figure out the details on that.

The new Orrian chests you can buy with karma supposedly have an ok chance at getting lodestones, so it seems like that help that market out a bit. So people who don't care about making a legendary can turn a ton of karma into gold. Which they can use to fill up a money bin and swim around in, because what else are you going to spend a ton of gold on besides a legendary?
    bought 100k of orr chests.. got a bunch of karma stuff (w/ i havent used yet) and 2 lodestones. wouldn't call it worth the karma, but it is a good karma sink w/ is something the game desperately needed

and in regards to the ascended items. You should really only be getting the neck piece since the rings are rather easy to get now

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

New dungeon patch is beautiful for wasting time in runs that previously werent that bad since I didnt have to worry about the pure glass peeps eating floor the often. Now if your pt isnt good or running an easy path you're stuck rescuing peeps and if you die you get to watch the PT play Guild Wars cause you're eating floor.

Good thing I cleared out COE beforehand, its a fucking mess now. Casual gameplay meet SE standards! People are gonna avoid even more dungeon runs.

All of this and HOTW is still a clusterfuck of NMs with waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much HP.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    You get 1 laurel per day? Do you get any from the monthly? That's over 3 months for 3 ascended items for ONE class/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I don't see the point in making ascended items so artificially time consuming to acquire, though I guess most forms of time consumption can be categorized as "artificial", so that doesn't make sense in retrospect. Rather, they shouldn't be so fucktarded to get.
    Remember this is the first stage of the revamping of the achievement system. They have said that laurels will probably be added to other "one time" achievements" as well. Also recall that the Ascended rings from Laurels are meant to be a secondary method of gaining rings for the more casual player. Its already 10 days or get lucky for Fractals to gain these rings and they are account bound. I dont really have a huge problem with a casual grind here. The problem comes with the "alt-itis" of the MMO community. The account bound thing helps a bit but they desperately need to give another way to obtain the amulets as well. I still do not understand why they haven't dropped them into the dungeon reward system. Hopefully their promised dungeon revamp will include ways to obtain these so we can gear up more than one character.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Basically they just took the WoW daily/JP/VP model and threw it in this game.

REVAMPED

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I would not say that at all. WoW's daily model is much more in depth and grindy than GW2's system. I would hold of judging it until we see the entire thing.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I want this backpack lol

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Good thing I cleared out COE beforehand, its a fucking mess now. Casual gameplay meet SE standards! People are gonna avoid even more dungeon runs.

All of this and HOTW is still a clusterfuck of NMs with waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much HP.
    Yeah, the game has been turned up a notch in difficulty, not being able to zombie every boss in the game is going to kill some people, there were complaints an hour after patching because people couldn't beat AC exp.

I was highly dissapointed in HoTW not having every bosses health slashed because my god those bosses need it.

Getting rid of the Rich Orichalcum node in lost shores is definitely messed up, i'm getting half of the orichalcum i was getting before for the same effort.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

That difficulty increase is temporary. Robert mentioned it before, but they weren't able to do the wapyoint adjustments and the boss overhauls in the same update. This update does the waypoints (phase 1), next one will be boss nerfs etc (phase 2). He made a little blog post to explain it again yesterday: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/r...eon-mechanics/

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I question why they weren't able to do the waypoints and the encounter changes in a single update. If one wasn't ready, then there was no need to implement the other. Unless this is just a test to see where the encounter design truly needs to be tweaked and where it does not. Which it probably is, but he could have made that statement. So now we are left with a semi broken system.

To be fair though, I would love to see which dungeons/paths are actually being run. When was the last time you ran CoF3? SE2? HoW2/3? Arah4? People run certain paths for a reason. This is where they should have adjusted first, and then did the waypoint issue.

SE2 wasn't nerfed, SE1 was iirc. i'll probably get the rest of my dungeon master finished now i refused to do CoF3 because the path was terrible and i've been getting unlucky for a while with dwayna & the sparks.

The problem with doing both nerfs/waypoints at the same time is balance, they need to log what issues players have with the waypoints now, then they can adjust bosses based on that.

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the dungeons prior to fixing the bosses because of all the gold coming out of some of the dungeons, shittier glass groups are probably having a harder time of it.

The bads complaining about failing AC EXP...I don't think I've ever zerg rushed AC and I've done it in PUGs quite a bit. That's just laughable really.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone else notice a drop in clover rates in the MF? Not quite sure if I just had a bad night or if the rate is actually lower now.