Hey folks, I thought I’d start this thread out with a bit of explanation, mainly regarding the rather nebulous statements made about CoF and CoE.
1. Fixed exploits that allowing players to speed clear paths of this dungeon.
2. Reduced difficulty of the Searing Effigy.
1. Naturally another fix to Magg’s chain so you can’t walk through the door. I also made it so you can’t attack the crystal until after the event has started for you to destroy it.
2. I reduced the toughness of the crystals to make them easier to kill. IO reduced them from a .75 modifier to a .5
I also looked at his PBAOE flame burst attack. There was no warning for it, and no effect tied to it, so I put a red ring on the ground to warn players, reduced it’s attack radius to 600 from 900, and gave it a big purple fire effect. I also made it apply a strike now, instead of just light you on fire. So if anything this was a bit of a buff.
None of his core numbers were changed.
1. Reduced the difficulty of creatures and bosses, particularly health and armor.
1. I reduced kudu’s health, reduced kudu’s golems health, and reduced the Giant’s health. You fight three bosses in a row, and that was a bit arduous for a lot of player.
2.Inquest Insurgents: Nerfed them pretty hard across the board. Lowered their damage, and adjusted their death blossom skill in how it applies the conditions to you, as well as it’s cooldown. That guy was just too brutal for story mode.
3. Inquest Magnetizer (how do they work?!): I gave his tornado a charge-up and a red ring so you could avoid it. I also lowered it’s damage and stun capabilities since it would randomly one-shot people.
There were other minor changes I don’t think are as important, but those above are ones I feel were significant enough to note.
The DR system – I’ll be monitoring the forums today to see the reaction to it. Our tests prove it to be working correctly, but it has in the past as well, and that has shaken confidence. If you see odd behavior with it, please say something.